Live in Ontario, Canada

>Live in Ontario, Canada
>Signed up for driving lessons so I could learn to drive and also for the insurance discount

>Biggest scam of my life, barely learn shit pretty much do all the work myself

Did I just get unlucky or are they all like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g55oxb9EoFU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mine was Bretty gud desu. It was funny as well because my teacher was an chinky woman.

In class or incar teacher?

In car. I've never even heard of a driving school class. Sounds like you're getting Jewed, m8.

Merifat here. I took drivers ed when I was high school as part of my curriculum. That actually helped, but last year I was sentenced to an 8-hour state certified "driving class" as punishment for a speeding ticket. It was literally just paying $80 to go to a conference room at a Holiday Inn, and listen to some old lady talk about how to adjust your mirrors and watching dashcam videos from Youtube. Half the class was spend chit-chatting about other random stuff. The important thing is I got to certificate for getting out of the speeding ticket. Hopefully you got your insurance discount as well. My insurance company only allows drivers ed discounts for elderly people.

Are you even from Ontario? Here it's necessary for insurance discount but mostly it's useless just says basic shit about how drinking and driving is bad etc. Intended for highschool kids I think.

>>Live in Ontario, Canada

Who runs these schools in your country?

I'm in the US and took drivers ed younger than most and got connected with a russian driving school

>I just drove the guy around town and drove him while he ran some errands......

Indians mostly.

Literally no point to doing it, the insurance discount is nowhere near enough to justify its existence. Getting exp from just doing it and watching some videos on driver's etiquette will be a better option. Oh, and if you go with TD don't go for the insurance app it's a bigger scam than you think, 25% discount at the cost off all of your location data that ends up leading to them profiling you and hiking your prices.
There are the unofficial schools that you may as well have Dad sit in the passenger seat and then there are the MTO certified schools that are all over the place.

I've already paid tho. I think it's worth it though, the incar lessons alone are a deal + the discount is apparently a fair bit per month so it pays for itself quickly.

One sketchy thing is them photocopying your drivers license though. Seems unsafe.

POO

My parents considered not paying for me to go to driving school when i was 15, but then they figured out that the discount in insurance rates would cover the cost of the class in 8 months.

>His parents actually paid for his insurance

IN

LOO

>drivers ed
pfft, when i was in highschool i was about to sign up and pay $600 for that shit, $300 for teaching and another $300 for them to let me try and drive. my dad who works at toyota then said fuck that, told me to save my money and taught me how to drive himself. best driving lessons i've ever gotten i'd say.

>tfw no dad who cared

Bump

The insurance discount goes away after something like 3 or 5 years too.

You need to re-take driving school and get an updated certificate in order to get the discount reapplied.

By then you should have G and some insurance time though

It's a scam.

>>Live in~ ~Canada
>Did I just get unlucky or are they all like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=g55oxb9EoFU

>ontario fag
>paid 200$ for inclass lessons
>skipped one
>started in car lessons & completed all ten hours
>friend offers his car to practice at the cost of gas money and/or buying him lunch
>pass using friend's car
totes worth it bruh

$200? The fk?

Kys

i feel you user. while my dad did give me amazing lessons, he was very rough at times, and i could tell he didnt really like his life nor us that much despite taking us out a lot and being an amazing mechanic, and just an overall decent guy. our situations may not really compare, but we all fight through it.

what driving school gets u
>easier pass because when u roll up to testing center in instructers car tester muh trusts u a lot more
>in ontario instead of waiting 12 months from your learners permit to your g2 u only have to wait 8 months
>insurance discount is a joke for me it was/ is 3 dollars a month
>if u really have no parrents with a car or friends then its actually usefull and if your scared shitless of driving its better to be with an instructer