/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Legacy edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1 (embed) (embed)
↳Extended footage: mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31388446

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free.youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928 (embed) (embed)
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed) (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kQoBvmOk70E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't forget to gather your mushrooms, /mhg/!

"Leave Monster Hunter World to me."

youtu.be/kQoBvmOk70E

Did anyone notice that potions heal you over time instead of an instant recovery?

Whelp, so this is what Japan thinks of the gameplay we've seen on bilibili today

Time to prepare the funeral for MH World guys. Capcom played itself.

DUDE MONSTER HUNTER IS SO HARD

I have a feeling since their combining single player and multiplayer that there won't be a village and will only be the online area just in offline mode.

/v/ fuck off

>cherry picking
If You really want. I'll make one that also cherry picks from posts in the same thread

I wonder if this will be the paladins to monster hunters overwatch
But paladins is actually fun.

Have you ever played FU?

As much as I'm doubtful for MHW and don't think it'll be a very good game I'd still buy 20 copies of MHW before I pirate one copy of Dauntless.

>10 anonymous posts
>Japan

I didn't say this was new.

Healing while moving was introduced because western gamers don't like losing control of their character.

Nice counting skills
Either way you'd obviously not put every single post ever in an image, it's just a random assortment of some comments that give an insight on what the average MH player in Japan thinks about it.

Let's not even get started on the absolute cancer that is cutscenes interrupting you as well as the game disabling your run/other buttons so it can slowly deliver exposition as your character walks down a hallway with nothing in it.

God Naughty Dog is literal cancer.

>storiesfag telling anyone to leave

Don't you have some copypasta and ERP to do?
*posts Ivory Lagi*

Lagombi a cute. CUTE!

>okonomiyaki hunter
what the hell does that mean

It sounded like it. Good for you.

Reminder.

That's not a Lagombi

>it's a monster or a dinosaur hunter
>it is not a dino crisis, but something terribly dinosaur

Make a new poll.

>130 people
>HOLY SHIT ENTIRE MH COMMUNITY GUIZ

Lagombi armor girls are so warm and soft.

It's two things, he accidentally cherry picked a post that is looking forward to the PS4 monster hunter. But they're essentially saying it'll be hard to get used to low quality (3ds) monster hunter if you play the ps4 one

Cool, I'm not the majority. Am I supposed to care?

>minicinematic melee glamor kills

>storiesfag
that's not the proper name to bully me

I thought this game was supposed to be shit. That looks great.

hope that means theyre getting rid of stuns too

Who cares???? Its still casual trash LOL

How about now?

Truly the softness of armours.

>reporter tries as hard as possible not to say "monster hunter"

sorry ill watch when a grandpa gives his two cents about this shit, and the framerate looks terrible

AoE aside, I'd trade Jho doing that over his ballerina shit in 4th gen.

So Japan won't buy a lot of MH World because it's not on handheld.

PC won't buy a lot of MH World because they're all pirates or people who buy cheap keys on the grey market or wait for steam sales.

Xboners barely even exist and most certainly won't buy it.

PS4 owners won't buy it because the only thing they care about is Netflix as well as your average dudebro stuff like CoD, EA sports titles, GTA and such.

Who is Capcom relying on here to reach their skyhigh sale expectations?

>So Japan won't buy a lot of MH World because it's not on handheld.
that's not the takeaway. He cherrypicked his post

Twitch streamers

Let's not bring your silly console wars into this, I'm asking a legitimate question about how Capcom expects to make many millions of sales for a game of this budget

might aswell continue posting shit from 2ch from last thread
U cherypicked too m8

Has the MHXX on Switch being the ultimate HD Monhun kino poster killed himself yet?

Assuming the worst, they genuinely think is a good idea.

>being this butthurt

This has nothing to do with console war. I just picked the first post using what they're making fun of in that thread. the first one that made me laugh anyways
>U cherypicked too m8
That's the point
When you misrepresent an argument that's on both sides both parties look like idiots. The difference is I'm not being duplicitous like you are

Also Japan is getting a fee to play MHW

the entire world is getting a fee to play anything on the switch next year

>ask question
>hmm this question makes me uncomfortable
>I know, I'll call him butthurt

RAIDO ON

>20$ per year

The game started development in 2013 when the PS4 was just being released, they had high expectations of the system for the domestic market so they started MH5 on it. PS4 severely underperformed in Japan and handhelds took over for good, but now they have this huge project they spent countless resources on, and it now seems like it's the wrong direction for the series to take as Japs want it on handheld.

What do they do? They remarket it as a "global" project for the west, removing 5 from the title and trying to make something more appealing to the foreign market out of it. If it fails, they can go back to the original formula on handhelds and pretend MHW didn't happen aside from using monsters and some concepts from it for the next Portable game.

Im rerunning 3U as a gunner for the keks and what is this. Does the village Lagi had this much HP? Even the capture quest later on took a regular time than this one

Not him but your questions were after baseless conjecture without a single shred of evidence.

Ditto but
>it's okay when Nintendo does it

>duplicitous
Mate I'm screenshoting and posting the whole thread, how the fuck am I being duplicitous?

Hm... actually makes a bit of sense.

>pirating a multiplayer game
steam sales will be ok mainly because of the release schedule but people love playing co-op games, especially with discord being so popular now

xbox2 was the first console to get Monster Hunter Frontier but i dont know what else i can say from that, killer instinct players seem to have good taste

PS4 will do best from these 3 just from the souls audience leaking over, and stream faggots promoting the game, dont underestimate SONY's ability to promote MH because afterall they are getting exclusive content on the PS4 apart from Xbox & PC

worst case scenario PC version is relegated to Windows10 and that is unlikely

tldr : the community and streams will raise sales but i dont think it will reach 10mil

That new Rajang dlc quest doesn't give you shit you can't get anywhere else.
Last week's Raths didn't give you anything either.

Where are the neat event armors capcom?

>I do not feel like getting into a foreigner

Oh google.

Not with offline multiplayer with the switch in Japan.

>/mhg/ - fanfic edition

>Is the bow looking like a dogma
What did he meant by this?

Thought you were the other guy, my apologies, I was wrong.

It's okay when it's a lot cheaper than everyone else who does it, yes. Especially since everyone else has been doing it for years.

Paying for Nintendo's online "services" is pathetic

>It's okay when it's a lot cheaper than everyone else who does it
Literally
>it's okay when Nintendo does it
The argument has never been about price. It's been about how much of a pain in the ass it is to have to pay for internet and then pay to play online on a console.

Keep being a drone though.

Is it confirmed that you can dodge to cancel out of the healing animation?

Paying for sony's online "services" is pathetic.

I don't own a Switch.

Why do I keep hearing this is a sequel for frontier? I did read something about paid dlc but not a subscription based one.

I would rather give 20 bucks to Nintendo a year and get access to a nes/snes classic games library, many of which were enhanced with online leaderboards etc. than give Sony 50 a year minimum for them to lose my credit card info to hackers twice and have PSN crash every other week while yet having to give me a single good ps+ """free""" game

Of course I would rather pay nothing at all to use my own connection, but that won't ever happen again on any console

No.

No prob

It's what supposed industry insiders are saying in NeoFAG. I'm almost quoting them directly.

I don't know my dude, $20 for basically a Netflix version of old school games sounds pretty cool.

>I don't own a Switch.
I do. I don't think it's okay even when Nintendo does it. Nintendo could charge pennies and I still wouldn't be okay with it. And on that topic I purchased my Switch day one. I fucking love Nintendo, but I fucking hate that they're joining the online gaming meme on a console with no native social features that don't require a phone.

He actually meant the really real sequel of both 4U and Frontier.

Can we post the little details you've noticed in the gameplay video?

>roar animation no longer makes you sheathe your weapon but you are still stunned
>GS charge can control direction like WF
>bow can ignite an arrow by grinding it against the ground

Come on people contribute

Even if you could its not going to make any sort of difference. You already heal at the speed of sound.

Sensible question and sensible answer, your quest reward is pic related

You're not wrong, paid online is cancer, however you gotta understand that Sony and Xbox make an absolute ass ton of money just because of it and Nintendo wants some of that too.
I don't like it, but I can understand it. It's ridiculous how much they make just because of PS+

I don't see anything about 4u in @80

Rathalos's sore throat is not as severe as I hoped.
So close to complete humiliation, yet so far...

They probably believe they are going to have to pay a subscription fee or that its PS4 only in japan and they have to pay for psn.

Yeah sure

>it looks like complete garbage
>lol it looks terrible
>its casualized garbage

Did I miss anything?

i've tried hard,i did everything i could to learn anything other than these, but i failed
between sns and ls which is less of a shitter weapon?4u

The first point is actually decasualization. Now you can't quickly get out of the way after a monster roar.

Pretty good change desu.

>tfw gonna have to learn Japanese to enjoy MHXX on the Switch
sigh, I hate you capcom
that game is like what 50% or more translated already, just fucking release it. Make it digital only if you have to so you don't have to even worry about producing physical carts.

Fuckers.

Just the animation, my man. Roars don't cause you to sheathe your weapon

I said it before, but potions heal over time instead of all at once.

First point is just attention to detail. All this while there's only one roar animation so you are forced to sheathe your weapon. You'll start back in unsheathe position after.

They said MHW is their vision for MH for the west, releasing any game resembling old MH would muddle their brand image from now on. It's over.

>tfw this artist made most of their work and lewds private on pixiv

What a fag.

I never said it's okay when nintendo does it. Paid online is retarded and is one of the reasons I don't own any consoles with it. I said 20$ is cheap and not really worth being asspained over especially when the other companies have been doing it for years at outrageous prices. It's only logical that Nintendo would want a piece of it and I think they're being reasonable with that price. At least Nintendo makes console games and tries new things from time to time, not like the two others who just make 30fps-locked casualized pc games with always the same gameplay, so if I had to buy a console it'd be a Switch.

They're using the "leaks" that happened before MHX was even a thing. "leaks" that happened before this announcement stated that due to the weak sales of MHXX the company put all of their talents into MH:W

I don't doubt that the previous leaks were valid at some point in time, because they absolutely seem like they were. But somewhere between MH:X and MH:XX they pulled their head out of their ass because all traditional weapons are now in as supposed to only "some" of them, and there are no healthbars or QTEs.