/CCG/ - Classic Car General

/CCG/ - Classic Car General

Left behind, edition.

Generic copy/pasta incoming:

>Cars are considered classic at 25 years old, but a vehicle really needs that certain something, to be classic.

>Everybody has their own taste, enter if it's of age or rarity.

>Post your classic, your work on it, your hackery, and get advice.

>Any and all discussion about classics welcome, but may not necessarily generate responses, don't get butthurt.

>Any and all classics welcome regardless of nationality.

>Classic shitbox > modern shitbox.

>You will inevitably spend twice your budget, no exceptions unless you mint your own hash coins.

>It's perfectly acceptable to use RTV silicone, ignore the haters.

Well i said id wait... and here it is!

1967 Chevy Impala 4-door (sadly with a post), 396 paired to a th350.

Interior is pretty trashed, so that all needs to be replaced, needs windshield and back window trim and seal, wipers, needs tail lights hooked up, brakes adjusted, and a tune up. Granted i didnt go on that long of a test drive, but the body is awesome (bondo in bottom of rear fenders and some in doors, but looks well done) with the fresh black paint. Floor pans were patched, trunk pan is new. Underside looked very solid. May need a new wheel bearing. Oh, and none of the guages work properly. But it has a/c and radio (speakers blown). So how'd i do for $3850?

Forgot to mention that it started right up with no smoke and the engine was smooth. Bunch of miscalanious trim and parts in the back seat.

Yes im a supernatuaral fan, and yes ill be adding a devils trap.

Nice, good looking 4 door body.
Are you going to keep it?

I think you did pretty decent. Body and paint work done correctly is a big deal. That other stuff is pretty easy to fix.

Ive been searching for one of these for over a quarter of my life, so yes haha. Its gonna have to take someone offering me a 70 charger for me to give this thing up.

Took me a couple of cars to realize mechanics are the easy part lol.

I feel like 3850 is a steal, hope im not wrong... now i just gotta liquidate the harley.

Its been two weeks already, I miss her /ccg/

What happened? Ive been avoiding ccg because not having a car depressed me.

what

Not a good deal but will be a fun cruiser. Don't put too much money into it, just keep it as a driver

His dad left his door open and his pet mosquito ran away :(

Drove my car back home last month to prep it for the drags and to replace the transmission. I still haven't had time to go home and fix her so I have been a bus rider for all these weeks.
It was actually a fruit fly named Peter Frampton, I'm still heartbroken.

How it not?

It's a 4 door. Though it may not be a popular opinion in these threads (since other people also bought 4 doors) it's never going to be a desirable car. If you just want to have fun and drive a classic that obviously doesn't matter, but 4 doors are a small fraction of the cost of coupes for a reason (aside from rare cases like the 63-63 Continental.)

Supernatural tax covers that. Granted it would be better if it were postless.

Its a 4 door sedan its not supernatural taxed

Feelsbadman
I havent been able to work on my 64 since the new front bumper arrived a few weeks ago. I need to put the rear back on and finish the radio, then put the front bench back in and take it to upholstery.

So today all the indicators on the Ford stopped working and the left brake light no longer works. Tail lights are on but I've got no idea where to start, any ideas?

Doesn't matter what advice anyone in this thread will give you. You'll do the exact opposite and end up spend months and $500 dollars on a project that should take a weekend and $100

>a weekend and $100
With the bad ground it sounds like:
>an hour and some wire (maybe)
But yeah it'll still take him months and $500 lel

What's the story behind that? Guy couldn't take it so he left it on the center divider of a bridge so it wouldn't flood?

Its a 67 impala, supernatural fans go crazy for them

>tfw special interest plates are more expensive than standard plates and Oregon doesn't offer any actuall classic car plates.
Fucking hate our dmv. I just want to drive her on sunny days, and the occasional cars and coffee.

::wayward carrying on intensifies::

Ideas for a custom plate?

>500 dollars
I literally don't know how you could spend that much on this my dude. I just have very little understanding of electricity

Holy fuck
its beautiful

>wheel cylinders leak
>proportioning valve does its job but gets stuck
>do the rear brakes, can't bleed them
>father takes the divining rod to it and replaces master cyl
>rear brakes still wont bleed
>figure out the proportioning valve
>new master is bad, brakes drag and catch on fire
>ask father where the old master is
>"I threw it out because I thought it was bad"

Appreciate it. But the interior needs a LOT of work.

Good news is my shit arrived at my house for the Pontiac 400.

>building an olds 403
>have the set of 4A heads it came with
>they're junk and need rebuilt
>find a set of 350 7A heads on Craigslist
>already built and ready to go for the price of the machine shop receipt

Should I do it? I paid 100 bucks for the junk heads that came with the block, but it's going to be at least another 1000 to rebuilt them, when I could just buy these performance enhancing heads, commit to running premium gas, and get the horsepower gains for a seemingly cheaper price.

Highly recommend this citri-strip stuff. Was expecting it to be useless since it's "environmentally friendly" but it works pretty well as you can see

Painted with Dupricolor primer, then cleared. I just like the color of the primer

It's not a four door hardtop though friendo. Meme taxes only work on the right body style. People don't go nuts over four door e80s corollas

>I literally don't know how you could spend that much on this my dude
t. Someone who replaced his starter three (3) times thinking it was bad each time despite being told very clearly it wasn't the issue

Whose doesn't?

Very wrong. The issue was a bad ground, which y'all stated. That wasn't what was fucking the starter, that was a fucked voltage regulator. Now I have a fucked indicator system that I really want operational and unfortunately I've got no idea where to start other than checking bulbs which I doubt are the problem.

My interiors actually pretty clean. I don't have any good pictures at the moment though

You don't know anything and your truck is shit

The interior is only used to house obesity-cigarette butts and empty bottles of mountain dew so you don't get fined for littering.

What more do you want from me? I wouldn't be asking this if I knew what I was talking about. What do you think is wrong with it or are you the same fag from a few months ago who was super ass blasted and refused to identify yourself because your social status on a Cambodian rice forum actually matters to you?

Also you're ugly

I'm alright, I'm about a 7

maybe when we get our engines built, we can start a BOP club on this board.

what kinda specs you trying to hit?

You're stupid and people are repulsed by your personal hygiene

would bang

Your bullying is reminiscent of 7th grader, I'm not impressed. Try harder. Do you even own a car?

Your indicators don't work and presumably you struggle to deal with social situations

My indicators indeed do not work. Fortunately my left arm works so I can use that

Thanks my dude

People find that your stories go on too long and you tend to interrupt them to talk about your boring self

That's because I'm my favorite human. Most people are like that.

You find yourself obsessed with a random individual on the internet that has literally no effect on your life.

Kinda looks like a jewish mac demarco

You try to put a brave face on it, but you know that you're an uncomfortable topic for your family

While y'all are arguing, Some of us are getting ready for the last car show of the season. (In my area)

Mac Demarco a gud boi

I'm getting ready for ice hooning desu. Having a working heater is nice

My car only blows heat because the damn climate control sliders fell off, and the stalks are now in the dash. lol So now it only blows heat on medium fan intensity. Makes idling at lights in the summer a real treat. haha

>That's because I'm my favorite human. Most people are like that.
t. someone with no true friends

Its the small things that count, headers are getting rusty.....

... a little paint to fix them up

'60 vette by the way, sorry my cameras a potato

Jesus fuck. Ive got the harley up for $4750, and i got a boomer calling me complaining about every detail (not the original rim, he never heard of the shop the did all the work (only 2 states away), etc), saying he knows what i got and quoting nada prices for like 3300. Has the balls to say that they sell for 3k (even though everyone ive looked up goes for 5k+) and insults my knowledge of the bike while talking over me telling me im lucky to get his 2500 offer.

I get everyone wants to work their inner jew, but god damn! Theres an art to haggling, and its not insulting the seller because the 22 year old bike isnt pristine...

Rant over.

Fuck that. I sometimes have to run the heater in summer when I'm stuck in traffic for too long.

Friends are a good time, I enjoy mine

Before...

I'd only even look at it if it was in the 3k, to sub 3k price range.

...after! What do you think ccg

Wipe off your camera, that ghostly faded look is usually from oil on the lens

That actually looks really nice. Good job.

Boomers are truly terrible people. They don't seem to get that no one who isn't a total pushover will barter with someone who is rude as fuck

>AC missing
>Alternator missing

>still not a V8

I don't think you know what you're doing.

Lol the alternator is in the same place. /6 best work truck motor

460 or 454 is arguably better

I shouldn't make such a blanket statement, it really depends on what you need. I mostly haul wood and various tools for carpentry, and make the occasional tow. Reliability and ease of repair is key for me. But if you did a lot of heavy towing or long distance driving then a big block would be best. Also thanx niqqa

Cool.

Right? I wonder how often that works for them.

It's bullshit. That thing is worth about 5-7 depending on the market and time of year.

Last time I was at the track there was a 65 Chevrolet Malibu 2 door wagon, cool car, but it was a 2bbl 283 and 3 speed so not a desirable combination. The thing was hammered. Covered in dings, so the paint was gone and a bit of rust on the body. The interior was also trashed

This thing was a driver, but definitely a project with a ton of work to be done. How much was the 60~ year old dude asking? 25,000 us burger tokens.

It goes both ways and it's definitely unrealistic expectations

Alabama is filled with boomers like that. My favorite is the rusted, still in a collapsed barn, 64.5 mustant with a seized i6 and the guy is dead set on 7500 and knows what hes got

That's one of the Ten Commandments of Wrenchin';

>Thou shalt not fix what ain't broke
>Thou shalt not throw shit out 'till the Job is done
>Thou shalt at least consider advice from folks who know what the fuck they're talking about
>Thou shalt ALWAYS listen to Dracula
>Thou shalt pull with the force of a thousand Suns to break bolts loose, but never push. Unless it can't be helped

half are missing because the shitty clay tablet got soaked in oil and the bottom part just sort of... fell off.
And not because it's bed time for me. Totally not that at all

You should probably consider the lost commandment
>Thou shall have a good and only one good; pb blaster

That shit has saved my ass so many times.

Any good penetrating oil, really.

>inb4 wd40, that doesn't work for shit

I died abit inside...want this so bad, it's my dream car... not because of supernatural, l literally like the car, the series did help tho and i watch it.
Europe here, we have them for 30.000euros.. (35.000 in burger money)
I cant believe you got this for this cheap holy shit. Take good care of it please

>forget lights on at work
>Go to leave and battery is dead
>No big deal, jump it off with tractor
>Starter hangs up so I give it a few love taps with a hammer
>Set hammer on air cleaner jump down and start the truck
>Aight cool, go drive tractor back in to the lot
>Walk back out and truck isn't running, smells like burnt plastic and ozone
>Hammer had rattled off of the air cleaner and fell on the only hot wire on top of the motor
>Grounded it out and burnt up the entire harness from the alternator to the bulkhead and some under the dash
>Literally just put $960 worth of tires on it and just fixed the over heating problem

I've never felt this mix of anger,dread and depression before. I'd rather tear half the motor apart than rebuild and entire wiring harness from scratch with nothing to go on but some sketchy hayns manual diagrams

F

Sorry about euro my friend.

>Thou shalt not leave hammers (or any tool, really) on top of a running engine

Would ride motorcycles and play shotgun golf with

Air kroil is amazing. Military grade is like 60 bucks a can... thank god uncle sam pays for it

Oh i will. Ive been looking for one for 7 years. Im hoping it was so cheap cause the guy needed the cash and because the interior was shot.

>When you fuck up so bad they have to pencil in a new commandment

>off the shelf penetrant
50/50 atf and acetone. Put it in an old oil can. Miracle fluid

Ripperoni in pieces

damn

I was parking the truck and I think I released the clutch too fast with the RPMs too low. Normally this would just cause shudder and stalling but this time there was a huge bang sound, like an anvil being dropped under the hood... I immediately put the clutch in and the engine didn't even die... Any chance I did serious damage? I let it idle for a bit and seems to be running fine. But there was a fresh-looking small puddle of oil under the car.

Online I read that newbies experience these loud banging stalls all the time and don't do lasting damage so I'm hoping all is well. It sounded awful

It probably stalled, the engine was still reciprocating, blew some live gas out the exhaust where it cooked from the temperature and backfired. Happens on occasion.

>Double trips
Checked

I wouldn't worry about it, you have to try pretty hard to actually hurt anything. Just keep an eye on your fluids and an ear out for odd noises, if nothing changes in a week's worth of driving disregard said incident as a fluke

>go order exhaust shit from summit
>3 days later, nothing
>wtf?
>mfw I realize I never checked out

Definitely not a backfire, sound came from the front and was more bang than pop

Guess I'll do this, thanks

Could have happened as soon as the gas hit the exhaust. This happens on my motorcycle from time to time when shifting gears.

Have you considered a junkyard harness? $25.00 for the one for my Lincoln and less than an hour to install.

In the five years I've been driving first gen dodges I've found no more than 5 in salvage yard and none of them with a slant six. Not many junkyards in my area and even less that have older vehicles. Cash for clunkers put a big hurting on old car and truck parts in my neck of the woods

Call around; a lot of places ship and it's an easy part to package. I'd also check out Facebook groups and reach out to people posting listings of parts for them on eBay.

I hate wiring so much..

The big problem is I don't have week's to hunt down a harness as it's my DD and I can only borrow another ride for so long. If I'm lucky I can redo it in a few days

You have one of the most punchable faces I've ever seen.

Update, getting closer on the motor.... long story on the delay. Anyway, got all my shit fixed like the steering column and the wiring harness. Currently in the process of stripping down the engine bay to get the motor out. Quick question though, I bought the cheapest headers off summit (Gonna replace asap) but they're uncoated so I bought some spray on ceramic coat. I love the oldschool look of the flat white paint like pic related. What do you guys think?