Is it just me or are truck beds getting smaller?

is it just me or are truck beds getting smaller?

Trucks are fixed length. Cab or bed, take your pick.

The old and true extended cab is shorter than the new grocery getter tier 4 door handle extended cab bullshit. It just looks shorter. Both boxes are 6'2'' I believe.

if anything this picture shows how ridiculously tall modern trucks are compared to their predecessors

No. The truck below is just the male soccer mom equivalent. a crew cab truck with a short bed. they're everywhere these days.

They aren't real trucks, they're tahoes with the roof cut off for cucked beta providers. they wanna say they have a truck but dont want to learn how to park one

The bottom one is a double cab with the 6'6'' box. Most mall crawlers have the 5'8'' box.

user, I'm not sure how to tell you this, the bottom truck is an extended cab, just like the top one. Crew cab trucks are fucking huge

Veeky Forumstists being "proud" of their longbed trucks while literally never having anything in it, with it being all shiny without a scratch are the worst.

It's no different than owning a sports car and never taking it to a track or using it's performance potential which is the case for 99% of them. At least the truck can carry more than a passenger and a loaf of bread.

both of those are extended cab with a standard bed. I own a truck because I work in construction and need something to haul my boat.

Right tool for the job. I only need to haul 2 dirt bikes and camping gear. 4 door short bed caters my needs and wants.

No, people just prefer crew cabs. You can get a truck with a long bed if you want.

I will say the muh long bed fags get btfo by cargo vans for most jobs and resale value and overall capability.

worth part is loss of suicide door

Honestly this, my 78 f150 looks like it sits on the ground compared to new trucks

Really think they should chill out with that shit.

Is that just because it's a pain in the ass to drive anything over 20 feet long?

That and most people don't really need a long bed.

They both have the same length bed, but newer beds are much taller to meet up with the shorter windows, so proportionally they look shorter.

How often do drive with more than one person, and how often do you carry something so large it won't fit in the short bed?

That should answer your question.

Most people who get a truck don't need a truck.

You don't need a 8 inch dick either but it's not a bad thing to have. Nobody needs a sports car to drive to work either.

Let's not kid ourselves, they're both mall crawlers

It's an optical illusion because trucks keep getting taller. The bed lengths and rough overall lengths and widths have remained the same for decades.

>Nobody needs a sports car to drive to work either.

It would certainly take up less space during rush hour.

If you want a truck buy a truck.

>that
Lol, get a real fucking truck

>real truck

That's truck that has a 2 ton payload and fits within the foot print of a Dodge Dakota while having an 8 foot bed. It's differential makes a Dana 80 look small.

Your idea of a "real" truck is a dobrelord f-teenhundred that has 38" super swampers, a wheel base of 140" and most importantly a payload rating of 1,750 lbs.

To get up to a rated 2 ton payload in an American truck you are in 350/3500 dually territory.