New Vs. Used

debate.

Used is definitely the better value and you can get some crazy good cars at huge discounts buying used.

BUT, a car that's been well used - especially any sports or performance oriented car - will never drive the way it did when it was new or new-ish. Bushings all over wear down and even if you replace those the metal chassis itself has endured many years of stress and is fatigued. That's why you hear so many creaks, groans and pops on old cars (especially during seasonal changes).

If I can't find a cool car from the 90's in mint condition, I'd rather just buy new. Nothing made in the last 15 years is better than the newest and shiniest thing, the mid-to-late 00's and early 10's are mostly shit and poorly aged.

As far as I'm concerned there is no debate. Depreciation is a known thing. You're paying out the nose for the privilege of putting the first 20k miles or so on a car that will last to 200k and beyond in most cases. The only good thing about new car sales is that all new cars that are sold immediately become used cars that you can buy for pennies on the dollar. German luxury cars especially. So thanks to all you WASPs out there buying new BMWs and Mercs every other year. I really depreciate it.

buy this for 15k or get a honda fit or nissan versa... the choice should be obvious.

If you have the money to spend freely? New. There is just something about being the first person to own a car.

But is correct. Buying used extends one's buying power by a LOT. If you want to shoot above what you could normally afford new, used is the absolute best way to go instead of reaching for stupidly long and high interest loans.

See, idiot? We told you.

How about a 2016 Hyundai for $12,000

Used unless manufacturer 0% financing on new DD shitbox that can be written off as a set cost.

Even then, it's a pretty shit idea but it's the least amount of fucked for new you'll get. Some of the newer shitboxes are holding their value p well for at least a few years.

the less it cost new, the less it will sold

*unless it's a limited run Porsche or some shit, more expensive new = faster depreciation

>Used 100 %

I buy a 10 years Porsche Cayman S easily, if i had to buy it new, it would cost the price of my flat.

This being said, we need ritch cunt to buy new cars out of price to be able to buy them some years later.

So go buy new cars retards !

like the 918
>KEK

The only thing I would ever not buy used is a higher sports car or a sports car that is known to be trashed about. Other than that, used all day everyday.

>used all day everyday.
Just like your mom haha

haha I laughed!

>I really depreciate it.
Perfect in every way.

Always used and always at least 3 years old.

Always used, even if it's a higher ticket than most used cars. It's better to buy a car that's already had most of the average depreciation happen to it so you're getting the real value of it.
Financing is for poorfags who want to continue being poor.

If money is NO objective at all then new obviously

how many people does that apply to? Nobody on this board, that's for sure. So used by default due to depreciation.

>or maybe i dont want a car abused by fucking normies m8

Shit i bought my sonic cash and its barely old and it has the tell tale signs of the previous owners bullshit.

scratches around the door handle, scratches around the climate controls, small tear in rear seat, etc

garbage with too high mileage or it's a shitbox.

>scratches and tears that might cost in the low thousands at the very most to repair
vs
>taking a loan for a new car that's already overpriced, then paying at least an extra 10,000 after the fact in interest
You seem like the kind of person who thinks that debt is an acceptable way to live because it means the things you own look prettier.

New is worth it if you plan on driving it past 300k miles.

>hurr durr loans r bad guys

>also paying more than 3% apr on a car
>also not paying it off early and using your extra money for dragon dildos

just remember the old saying OP: "If you're buying new, you're getting jewed"

You picked a great car

I'd buy the boxter used but if you have the money for the new cayman, which is said to be the best handling car on the road today, jfc go for it.

Yes, loans are bad. Why pay for fancy looking shit with money you don't have and waste money you do have that could've gone into something useful like investments or actually saving up to buy a decent car with your own money?
Debt culture is fucking retarded and so are you. Buying shit with other people's money is fucking retarded from the viewpoint of the consumer. There's no advantage other than instant gratification and having a slightly prettier cuckbox than everyone else.

Buy used.

You can get an incredible amount of value taken off high end vehicles just by them being ~5 years old or by having ~50k miles on the odometer.

I'm in the process of finding a quality sedan that'll last me at least 5 years before moving onto something else, and I've seen countless 2007-2011 luxury sedans that are less than half the original dealership price.

Used.