Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch
youtu.be/yhGjCzxJV3E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You have TEN (10) seconds to explain why you aren't playing based Vampire Savior RIGHT NOW!

Serious question

Do you think Ibuki is actually a horny teenage slut or is it more of a childish "boycrazy" phase?

Playing overwatch instead.

>watching gg stream
>you can tell if a player is going to pick a girl based on how they look

Waifufags please stop enforcing the stereotypes. Work out for your waifu at the very least.

WatchBlue
twitch
.tv/ceogaming

Celica vs Nu Winner's Finals

>ARMS
>a fighting game

kek

>tfw didn't go to CEO this year even though I possibly could've
Oh well, I'm a poorfag who needs to save his money anyway.

Anyway, which version of Vampire Savior is it that everyone plays? I'm about to download it and start playing on Fightcade.

>SFV stream increased to 14k viewers
haters have been literally left behind

where are the evo numbers?

Sasquatch, talbain, bubble loops, random pushblock and bad characters lilith and qbee instead of hutzil and donovan

I don't need to explain myself to you

I want to lick her tummy.

Can anyone here tell me which of Zato's buttons is actually going to help me deal with characters with strong normals? Most of his buttons have great range but also have extended hurtboxes that come out before the hitboxes, meaning aside from Inviteu Hell I don't know what to use to control space against something like a Chipp teleporting above me and immediately throwing out a button.

Footsies and neutral are in literally every fighting game and furthermore every real time action oriented video game. This is an indisputable fact and anyone who says otherwise deserves to be shot.

Does it matter?

There's no way it would top last year's extremely bloated numbers.

Ram

come on guys

help a guy out

You fell for the meme , nobody plays that.

What is the context of this scene? Looks like straight doujin bait

Of course they are you dumbfuck, it's not about that, it's about how effective they are in those games. In a game like a3 or many animes, you will forego most of that shit in favor of landing your 1 hit in to get your combo or infinite off for a free win. Many anime players I know have admitted they enjoy the aspect of fighting games that " don't let my opponent play his game, I am in complete control and they can't do anything at all"

That's right, some anime players literally like the more single player aspect. Having it focus on dash and mash shit will create the habits of jumping nonstop or being random/unexpected in order to land that lucky hit into meme combo.

None of this is even bad anymore or bad habits since the genre favors anime or mashy playing now, so it's pointless to even argue about.

should i play ramlethal or dizzy

>don't let my opponent play his game, I am in complete control and they can't do anything at all"

this is my mindset and i didn't even play anime until rev dropped, exclusively playing SF up until that point. don't pretend that's an exclusively anime mindset

which one gives you the most turgid erection?

is dizzy hard to play?

>Exclusive
>I literally said "some players"
Nice ignoring the other person and just mashing keys, typical anime player-kun

i like ramlethal's tiny chest but i like dizzy's big chest

Why does nobody play Kum Hyaehyun?

Best looking newcomer.

what im saying is that why even bring it up retard

>waifufags don't want to play her because it's just a big ugly guy on screen
>manlyfags don't want to play her because it's a little girl inside their big manly guy
The most unappealing character of the century.

is this another Sin/Johnny tournament?

is kof14 worth pirating to look at the girls?

Because anime is more about brainless keying in your pre-boar'd youtube combos and setups without needing to pay as much attention to the other player than real fighting games

tfw you realize F-Nero and Faust are pretty similar

lol? post CFN and see me in a non anime right now

>Tekken died before it even began

>In a game like a3 or many animes, you will forego most of that shit in favor of landing your 1 hit in to get your combo or infinite off for a free win.

SF2, the literal inventor of the genre and the holy grail of "that's not REAL footsies" brokebrains, is a game full of characters who can land a jump in and do 100% because of combo -> stun -> combo. Samsho 5, the most footsies based game ever made that's all about poking and where half the roster doesn't even have a combo more complicated than one button into special, has literal one hit kills if you do a max power heavy slash against a low HP character

extremely high damage (the number of relevant games that have true TOD is very small) makes footsies MORE relevant because you get punished heavily for making a mistake and thus have to be way better at footsies.

in games like SF4/V where I can anti air someone 10 times in a row and only do half health only for them to do the same damage or more because they landed a jump in into a combo, footsies matter way less because you can make a shitload of mistakes and still win.

fightcade is dougfunnie, see me in st

>see me in a glorified anime game

ummm lmao? hope you practiced your piano reversal DPs so you can deal with my claw setplay kiddo

SF4 has setplay thanks to hard knockdown, not the same with SFV

Well you kinda control neutral with drills and moving eddie behind those, I don't play zato but I think 2S is his main poke?

the best

I play both

because he was kind of bad but also had some execution requirements and also cost money

after all the patches he's pretty good now and way easier/more consistent, I can see him being a sleeper high tier that blows people up because of no match knowledge

what about people that enjoy the moveset or think the dynamic is cool?

who is the girl on his stick

>KBrad is 5'4

Post your face when

Play succs.

>DLC character
>Huge character, people gravitate away from heavy characters in anime
>not top 5

whatsaid
I like big old guy Haehyun and I like cutey Haehyun design-wise but I dont like that they are one character
Also hes got weird combos compared to the other characters

post that fc name bro

>who is the girl on his stick

your MOTHER

i don't play ST, it's trash

Street Fighter 5

That's a complete nonsequitor to what I was saying, also SFV has/had mika and laura so you're wrong it doesn't have setplay

>what about people that enjoy the moveset
Those are the 3 people that play her.

No fucking way

What all did they change with him execution-wise? I know he has links instead of gatlings, and that he has a weird motion for that kick of his.

What was made easier in Rev2?

you could tell he's a anime kusoge waifufag without even seeing that stick

I know most of you capcucks don't play goober games, but there is no such thing as "can't do anything" in anime games because so many options are available to the defender. The game rewards offense, but it also puts tools in the hands of the defending player so that he can turn things around. The people touting how they love playing single player games are scrubs who are experiencing Guilty for the first time against other scrubs.

Otherwise the game would literally end after one hit confirm into Oki. It doesn't because you can instant block and punish, use greenblock to create space, blitz predictable moves, dead angle (alpha counter) out of blockstrings, burst out of combos, and of course throw out a good ol' reversal. If you don't find your way out of pressure actively, you stay there permanently.

In SF defending against pressure is harder and is almost exclusively passive, which is a design decision based on how easy it is to avoid getting stuck there to begin with. In games like GG, pressure is the most common state, and defense is active.

This community would be better if you people played more than one game.

She's the most standard fucking character in the game and even has an oki fireball to be the most generic GG character in the game. Literally the only thing that seperates her from other characters is one of her specials having a non-standard motion, and her being link-based. She has basically jack shit for an audience because of that since everyone who wants a standard character will go for Ky instead.

I don't like bananas.

Who's the JLo of Street Fighter V?

> chipp's teleport right above you

Nobody has an easy button for that shit. You either predict/react to it with jump and airthrow or just block. Some characters can try to 6p that shit but might lose to daijoubu anyway so airgrab is the most reliable.

That one's about a3, nobody even plays GG don't take that personally I'm sure it's a nice game

Laura. Duh.

If you're watching SFV right now you are the cancer killing the FGC

If you don't buy MvCI collectors edition along with 5 copies of the deluxe edition.

YOU
ARE
NOT
PART
OF
THE
F
G
C

ITS THE BEST GAME EVER

Really!? LMAO I could beat him up

they made the weird motion for that kick way easier by increasing the buffer to register it way bigger (to the point where there's now a weird glitch where he can cancel one kick special into another if you do a moderately tough input). they made most of his "links" (they're not true links because otherwise this characters frame data would be way better, they're more like normals that you can only cancel late) easier and let him combo into his launcher from way more stuff, which means he can get his big damage kick loops without spending meter way more often.

there was also changes in rev 1 patches that really helped, like making it so he always gets setplay off his throws

>Guilty Gear Xrd comes out years ago
>Looks amazing, but stays niche with dead online

>Same engine with DBZ characters
>HURR SUCH REVOLUTIONARY AND UNIQUE GAME E3 WINNAR

Why? This isn't a new style.

Not really. Almost everyone has some tricky tech, and Dizzy is no exception, but she's not generally thought of as a difficult character like Zato and Venom are.

Dizzy is about controlling space by putting shit all over the screen and making you block it. She can do this just about anywhere, and can then go in close for better damage when she sees a good opportunity. Ram has worse neutral, especially if her swords are deployed, but if she can carry you to the corner and set up the swords, she will reset you forever with huge damage. So basically, Ram is more focused on setplay than Dizzy.

Why do you keep raising the amount of copies I have to buy? I'm already buying 3, calm down.

We dont know if DBZ will thrive or not. It will probably do well just on name alone, but it'll probably be NRS-games tier of stay power.

goobers

ky doesn't get free setplay off his throws, doesn't have an overhead that isn't telegraphed as fuck, doesn't get 150-200 damage anywhere on the screen meterless and their fireballs work in completely different ways

are instant kill combos a thing in competitive play

>game featuring characters from a brand that most people are nostalgic gets more attention
WOAH WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING?

>evo main game with a sunday spot has grand finals on a friday

GG should've been the Sunday spot desu.

Pushblock is not random if you actually know how to do it correctly.

there is nothing setplay about laura/mika, they all dash up in front of you AFTER you wake up not on wakeup

that's the best part about all this. Thing is it woulda been better if Xrd was the base game, can't fucking play online because I was forced to buy expansion packs

>HURR SUCH REVOLUTIONARY AND UNIQUE GAME E3 WINNAR

But that was literally the reaction when Xrd SIGN was first shown at E3.

Would it be a bad idea for somebody new to GG, but not new to fighting games, to pick him up?

Anybody get a picture of that girl just playing injustice? White girl with tattoo's

they happen sometimes

No. Enjoy Meleefags spamming during your Saturday game.

>Same engine with DBZ characters
DB Fighter Z uses Unreal Engine 4, unlike Xrd which uses Unreal Engine 3

>doesn't have an overhead that isn't telegraphed as fuck

lol kid you're not blocking a 19f overhead on reaction. post that millia blocker white boy

Not really, considering they require 100 meter.

Only if your name is ElvenShadow.

lol

DBZ is babby's first anime and nobody knows about Xrd unless you play fighting games regularly.
So the majority of the people that are praising the game are people that never saw this type of art style.

>but it'll probably be NRS-games tier of stay power
I don't think you realize how fucking DEDICATED a lot of DBZ players are.

It's honestly absurd.

why does dogura inhale duster

>are instant kill combos a thing in competitive play

Sometimes useful against characters with really high Guts rating. Guts makes you take less damage when you're on low life, and for characters like Potemkin it can actually be annoying. Instant Kill ignore Guts because you can combo into it if they're below X% life.

Also basically a taunt.

kum is a pretty good character to learn GG imo because he's pretty good now, he has a pretty "basic" style (so you can focus more on learning how to defend vs other characters shit instead of remembering your own) and while he has good defensive options he doesn't have a real DP for you to get bad habits from mashing

I'd say him, and sol/ky/may/faust are the 5 best characters to learn GG with but at the same time its better to go with whoever you enjoy using the most and just dealing with it

wow so CREATIVE and DEEP

another crazy thing is goober gear will be dead after this, they're going to make another shounen fighter after this

the weirdest part is that Guilty Gear's Models are higher quality, they streamlined the process for the DBZ models so that they can make them faster

specficially a lot of the vertex normal stuff they did for the Guilty Gear models

youtu.be/yhGjCzxJV3E

If you can't block greed sever on reaction offline, you are a lost cause.

Also it hits people crouching at 21f.

Makes me sad seeing Kbrad as a paid shill.
He was enjoying the fuck out of some Tekken.