/stsg/ - Starsector General

shorted out edition

>What?
Starsector is a 2D single-player open-world RPG space combat exploration economic game thing, basically Mount & Blade but in space.
Outdated but still relevant introduction video:
youtube.com/watch?v=UTCpVY80Bpc

>Where?
Official site:
fractalsoftworks.com
Official forums:
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php#1

>Current version
0.8.1aRC8

>List of popular mods
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

>The performance is really bad what do I do?
Other than allocating more memory for the game to use, there isn't much you can do.
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/i5fv2c6a68po3va/Messy Portrait Pack.zip
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12292.0
mega.nz/#!gzInCKRb!BFh9mq4eYxcZPNE0AHTtpiFvtTpTd3XWy9_lF8w9WFM
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10836.0
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12493.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what happened to the last thread?

dunno, dropped of page 10? fatfingered by a janitor?

I wish there were more ship paint jobs.

dead game
dead thread
dead bounty system

they're actually not that hard to make. check out the guide in the forum.

Messy Portrait Pack: mediafire.com/file/i5fv2c6a68po3va/Messy Portrait Pack.zip
LoGH/Power Dolls: fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12292.0
Infinite Space: mega.nz/#!gzInCKRb!BFh9mq4eYxcZPNE0AHTtpiFvtTpTd3XWy9_lF8w9WFM
Portrait Pack: fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10836.0
Degenerate: fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12493.0

Thanks to the dead thread, I want ships with tiddies now...

I want to squeeze Odyssey's lumps

Single player games can never really be "dead", when its technically not alive to begin with.
The experience doesn't degrade over time like it does with multiplayer games.

Conquest is sort of bad because it's broadside. Broadsides as a concept is outdated with multi-directional movement in space. Flanked by a conquest? just reverse or strafe away on a dime and now your no longer flanked.

The ORA have alright broadsides since their turn rates can be so high.

it's a shame that D-M is gonna stay broken. but i'm not gonna run a mod that obsoletes the entire vanilla arsenal.

>Joined alliance early on the game, the one created by sindria/persean by default.
>Sindria left later, just me and Persean.
>Every single time I try to make a new ally since Persean declare war on them.
>Shadowyards and Tritach used to love me, not now though, cause Persean decided they weren't good enough or some shit.
>Even at max rep with shadowyards. Nope, Persean thought they cheated so its war time.
>Just now, coming back from bounty.
>Persean declare war on Sindria.
Give me one reason why I shouldn't just fly to Kazeron right now and invade.

rate

Would any of you consider this valid testing?
Cause I honestly don't know what to think of this.

i don't 'get' the drover

maybe it's because it looks like a slow piece of shit but 75 really isn't too bad for a destroyer carrier

just realized i messed up the graphs, redid them
the problem is that he tested a carrier vs a non-carrier, and carriers absolutely rape due to fighters.

Praise Ludd, there's not a damn thing in the sector that I can't ram with this bad boy.

He also had this to say on monobloc construction.

bring it, buddy

that's not the mod author though

>and for the next round on "sophistry-or-actually-that-retarded"

no but it is who the mod author is gonna choose to listen to

All my weapon mounts are PD. It's over, Legion, I have the high ground.

i really ought to nerf those broadswords btw, they're completely nuts. fucking hammers, man

Really any torpedo bomber stands to be damn good when deployed en masse.
The tier-2 BRD bombers each carry one of these nasty fuckers and let me tell you they do unspeakable things to anything they hit, shields or no.
The bombers themselves come in pairs and cost 16 OP. You can see I have three of them on this Kurma here.

Thank you! The previous curves were bothering me to no end.

yikes. at 1500 damage i find the hammer to a bit too strong already.

i suppose those are only two per wing but 2,5k per hit is a shitload

Those things seem to miss half like their shots though.

They're basically EMP reapers and its glorious to watch ships instantly overload from a single bombardment.

You just have to find the right-sized targets.
This was what two full volleys from four squads did.

whats the best salvage ship?

space bump

Has anyone tried Flu-X?

>Diable breaks alliance with the ORA faction that I'm in
>Well, nothing for it, time to wipe them all out
>destroy Diable to the point where they have no systems left
>1 cycle later
>Diable votes for peace with Eternal Order

...are they just going to magically pop back into the system eventually?

No, but I kinda want to.
The concept of infected ships is always an interesting one and I'm surprised that nobody's done it until now.
Plus hey, for a kitbash, the hulls don't do half bad a job at the theme.
I just wish the red lines, or nerve endings, or whatever were a bit better designed, like more concentrated around weapon slots and engines.

Factions used to respawn so yeah they might take a system back at some point.

Basic salvage gantry.
Cheap, easy to stack, and isn't spending time doing anything else.

thats a hull mod do you mean the salvage rig?

is this the end of /stsg/?

What a mess

mfw combat is terrible now

Don't worry, the rest of the trees will probably get nerfed to be on the same level.

I can't wait. When the 30% upkeep reduction gets nerfed, bounties will be strictly unprofitable regardless of distance or fleet size and make surveying the sole way to earn any money at all.

Invasion mechanics are amazingly wonky sometimes.

I've been sitting on top of the Luddic church's last planet just watching what happens after I destroyed 3 of their response fleets, capturing a cathedral was nice.

A Scy Fleet showed up, tried to invade, provoked a triple Onslaught response fleet out. Ok, That wasn't bad, so I destroyed that as well. The Scy Fleet started the invasion and gave up halfway.

Then Blackrock showed up with another invasion fleet within the same month. This time a small response fleet of five vigilances appeared.

Five vigilances against a Blackrock invasion force of approximately 250 supply. The vigilances won and blackrock retreated.

How am I supposed to pilot the Karkinos? Do I just jump in like a retard and hope for the best?

Any word on TUP and Tiandong being updated for 0.8.1a?

don't worry user, it will be back in a decade when 0.9 arrives

Disregard that, I suck cocks. TUP has been updated already.

Gotta get back... Back to the /v/...

Wierd, I can't seem to get my relationship with any of the factions above 55 without a commission. All of them just say ''raltion is well-established'', even when I bring food during shortages. I've tried bounties, missions (both scanning and shipping), joining fights, nothing seems to help. Just use the AI cores to get to 100%?

Bounties have levels and low-level bounties can raise your relations only so high. High-end bounties do raise rep to the 100.

That's nasty

>Knight's Templar have taken Verge in Gneiss
>Blackrock and Knights are brawling each other relentlessly.
>Be inhospitible with Knights and Nuetral with Blackrock, so neither attack.
>Just scavange my shit up dog.

Best day of my life. Picking up templar weapons and blackrock ships left, right, front and centre.

Shame the pirates were friendly with Blackrock and ended up kicking my shit in so far up my arsehole I could taste it.

(Picture unrelated)

that's a nice ship

Soon... ish

Post relations.

What the fuck, is that an Onslaught strapped to the front of a Paragon?

It's also got a Conquest's broadsides glued on. Personally, I'd like it better if it were more haphazardly put together. Something like an Onslaught burn drive'd halfway into the side of a Paragon and THEN glued together.

Jesus fucking Christ

I forgot to mention that it's from the Flu-X mod, which is essentially zombie sphesships

Sheperds have combat utility and can survey
Salvage rigs should be a bit better at slavaging

The DME curve should be an exponential

At this point it would be better to make a unofficial Veeky Forums exclusive balance patch for dme

Anyone heard from those chink bastards about bringing mai waifu into the modern age?
I wonder how DME would fare against them.

>Tri-Tac take Mairaath
>Hegemony takes whatevertheufckit'snameis Habitat.
>Persean League only now allies with Sindrians.

I managed to invade the size 3 market seized by Hegemony, but it became my own faction instead.

Is there anyway to invade stations for another faction outside of getting the specific mission to do so?

>The concept of infected ships is always an interesting one and I'm surprised that nobody's done it until now.
SPAZ

TUP?

Would probably just die. Approlight doesn't hold back about being a boss mod.

Yeah, I just wanted to make a cheap dig at Soren. I still wish they'd update/translate the mod for 0.8, I liked having them as a super boss faction to KT's normal boss faction.

>cheap dig

actually digs at soren cost 4 OP extra but are twice as effective

approlight update WHEN?

Lockheed-BAE Astronautic Systems mod when?

This guy slaps your girlfriends Sunder

What do you do?

he should get that wart on his nose cheched out, it might be cancer

i want to see this thing in a really dense fast moving asteroid field

1v1 fite me

Join that faction

>bonkbonkbonkbonkbonkbonkbonkbonkbonkbonkbonkbonkbonkbonkbonkbonkbonkBONKbonkbonkbonkbonkbonk

why can't i generate a new sector with nexerelin?

there used to be sliders here if i'm not mistaken

More like Homeworld: Cataclysm

Disable Corvus mode?

thanks user, didn't realize it was on, i'm retarded

not ur fault you are retarded, blame you're mother

you don't know that. maybe he smacked his head as an adult.

I can nerf it.
Like making all weapons just re-skin vanilla ones.
Taking out THAT ship mod.
Slashing OP.

it looks dumpy as all fuck

To the people who said last thread 'just turn of your transponder, and get your stuff from the knight templars world'. That doesn't work. Im simply fucked.

heh nice clouds

as the person who said "owned scrub", lol

ANTIOCH'D

looks fun

I wonder, are we enough to petition Alex to implement "currents" in the hyperspace?
You go against them you get slowed down and consume more fuel, you go along with them and you go faster (or if you are already at burn 20, consume less fuel), you go through them they list you left or right depending on where they flow.

the fact that you are at 70% CR means it isn't working as intended. Expect next patch to completely remove deep hyperspace with hyperstorms and hypertornados which not only reduce CR but kills crew, loses cargo, and damages ship hulls

i'd happily trade crew lives and hull damage against the slowdown effect

You know what I think would really improve this game? Making "transfer command" instant. Would give you so much more control without turning it into an RTS, because you'd still only be able to pilot one ship at a time. I appreciate what he's trying to do with the AI and the captains, but as it is I don't think it'd ever be as good as being able to switch on the fly.

Yep. :D also the templars picked that one planet randomly out of all planets. They now have two planets in their control...

>Join
How

Take a commission. Or use the faction directory, not certain.