Am I the only one who thinks that car companies don't care about us car-guys anymore...

Am I the only one who thinks that car companies don't care about us car-guys anymore? Like how we wanted an V8 2017 Ford GT but we ended up with a V6 Ecoboost and why is this new Supra gonna me automatic only.

Car companies hate us so fucking much, they're bringing back muscle cars in spectacular fashion and Japanese car companies are going back to their roots.

What pieces of fucking shit, I tell you. Pieces. Of. Shit. Thank god we have Elon Musk to show us what we TRULY want as car folks. You're damn fucking right, OP.

agreed, look at the hellcat, you get all that power for literally, what? $50k or some gay shit? Or what about a mustang? 400 ponies for only $30k? Fucking pieces of shit.

We haven't even touched on those gay ass exotics italy is churning out. 488? Piece of shit. The new 911 GT2 RS? PIECE. OF. SHIT.

Also the new Supra looks like shit its not sure if its trying to be a sports coupe like the GT86 or an supercar like the new NSX and GTR.

>they're bringing back muscle cars in spectacular fashion and Japanese car companies are going back to their roots.

>Thank god we have Elon Musk to show us what we TRULY want as car folks.

Wait are you guys joking?

"car guys" don't buy cars like that. Only rich people buy them to compensate.

"car guys" buy a $50k car and modify it to compete with the $200k production cars.

Im just giving examples. Also wasn't the Supra a JDM car?

>we wanted a v8 2017 ford gt
no. no "we" didn't

>Japanese car companies are going back to their roots.
Except they're not.

(We) couldn't afford a Ford GT either way. Or a new Supra. And when something affordable like the GT86 comes about (we) bitch about how it isn't good enough.

They sold models in the States too. It was not exclusive to Japan.

Nobody would actually care about what goes into the new Ford GT. Most buyers bought it because it was expensive and exclusive, and will look great in a big glass box.

>Japanese car companies are going back to their roots
this could not be further from the truth

>Am I the only one who thinks that car companies don't care about us car-guys anymore?

Gee, I wonder why that is?

Maybe because "car guys" tend to be broke as fuck and almost never buy a car new, meaning there's no real reason for the car companies to make those cars because they won't sell until they end up on a pre-owned lot?

Maybe because dealerships overcharge the fuck on any remotely exciting car a company makes in an attempt to rip customers off, which ends up turning them away from the car completely?

Maybe its because "car guys" never have anything positive to say about new cars, only complaining that it isn't like that car from 20-30 years ago they fell in love with as a teenager but was never able to afford then, so they go back and look now only to find that they now have a classic car tax and you can't find one under $20k?

Yeah, I really wonder why the car companies don't care about "car-guys" anymore.

It's a GT, like all Supras before it.
Also, finally, small wheels and fat tires are back.

i do know what you mean but you can blame the fuel crisis in the 70s and 80s for that.

the malaise era started about the 90s and never recovered. no real car that grabs you buy the balls and says:
>BUY ME! WHY THE FUCK HAVENT YOU BOUGHT ME YET!
no real car has done that since. they have all been seems be designed by accountants afraid of getting sued so they all have traction control and other electronic nannies to prevent stupid from happening. but cars of old had none of that
if you crashed it was your own fault.

the GT86 was literally made to be bought new by a fucktard and then sold for 5 grand half a decade later

just like every miata ever

Because all the car guys are motorcycle guys now, and all the "car guys" are rich old fucks and trust fund kids buying into an image and an experience instead of raw performance and DIY maintenance and modifications.

It helps that you only need a 1 1/2 car garage to be a motorcycle guy. One spot for the DD, half a spot for a few bikes with room in a corner for a project.

>Being this retarded.
It's safety regulations, not car manufacturers being pussies.

Safety regulations are for pussies.

fuck off back to r e d d i t with your shitty sarcasm

Nobody who will actually buy a new GT other than Jeremy Clarkson gives a shit that its a twinT v6.

Us plebs have the gt350 to buy, and none of us can even afford that.

They never have. Why would they give a fuck what some poorfags feel about a car that only exists so Ford could enter some races?

>being a car guy means shunning technological advancements

You traditionalists just need to stick to old cars if you don't like V6 engines and automatics.

Or they bought it cause it won Le Mans

>new Supra gonna me automatic only

there's confirmation yet on this, but it would be tragic if true

Despite the fact the new Miata is the same size as previous generations, just a tad bigger at most, with the new dumb ass regulations, the GTR is still kicking ass on track times, the GT86, the new "Celica" that Toyota is teasing with, etc.

You guys are retarded.

Projection: the post. You're posting on a board that constantly gets baited with the stupidest posts, stop acting like you're any better than the other shitty website.

I hate to say it, but american car manufacturers are the only ones still making affordable, high performance cars with manual transmissions.
Jap manufacturers have given up

>Am I the only one who thinks that car companies don't care about us car-guys anymore?
They want to care, but they're not able to. Manufacturers don't choose to make boring cars, they are forced to by regulations and standards that have to be met. Just look at current F1 cars with all the mandatory energy recovery systems horseshit and safety nonsense, looking forward to pic related? Formula One cars, the height of automotive engineering, used to be 1,500hp beasts weighing just more than half a ton and took actual testicles to drive, today they're completely neutered and boring. The exact same happened to the consumer market. Bleeding heart environmentalists are constantly at the jugular of the entire automotive industry, and somehow they managed to conn journalists and politicians into supporting their cause, disregarding facts. It's hard enough creating cars that fulfill all non-negotiable requirements, most manufacturers simply can't afford to have fun and emotion high on the priority list, for affordable cars at least.

Also, demand has changed to SUVs and crossovers, there's not enough enthusiasts left to justify properly investing in sportscars, so we end up with half-baked compromises a lot of the time. That said, there are exceptions that defy all those developments, like the Porsche 718, dropped 33% of its cylinders in favor of a turbocharger and got even better, without becoming stupidly expensive.

t. automotive engineer

P.S.: The extinction of automotive enthusiasm pains us at least as much than you. I didn't go to university for 6 years to develop 1,0l three cylinders. Fuck.

The industry never cared about "car guys". They are corporations with their only interest being in making money. They only seemed to care at one point because we were spending the money.

We brag about how knowledgeable we are by buying used performance cars, we laugh at stacy and her new CUV when she could have bought a used LS400 for 5k, but as we do that, all the companies see are the sales for that new CUV and the diminishing sales for their enthusiast-oriented cars.

So really, the issue with cheap performance cars is that there is no market for it. They don't have the status of cars like 911s who are bought at least partially for their cachet, and the enthusiasts that they are supposed to appeal to generally tend to eschew them in favor of used cars.

So what's left? The only two markets that are truly there are kids with rich parents who want a "fast car", and richer but usually older enthusiasts. The issue is that neither market is large, and the first one is basically as satisfied with a tC or a 10 year old Z34 then with a FT. Essentially speaking, they don't care too much about traits of the car's performance as much as its presence. The second group is basically cornered by the miata at this point, and it's getting to the point where they're moving upmarket to cars like the M2 or 718, leaving no room for cheaper performance cars.

So no, it's not "regulations" and "standards" that killed the cheap performance cars. Just look at the ND Miata as proof of that. It's the lack of a market for them.