How would you solve the visibility issues modern cars have with large A pillars?

How would you solve the visibility issues modern cars have with large A pillars?

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.sae.org/9946/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fender mirrors.

F-
Fender mirrors?

Convertible?

Transparent aluminum

Gas torch

Just check your blind spots.

By the time where A-pillars get so big that you can't just look around them, we'd be using vid screens anyway and glass windows will be a thing of the past.

There have been production cars addressing this by splitting the A-pillar in two. Some less eye-catching, like the Hyundai ix20 ...

Others more eye-catching, like the Fiat 500L.

There have also been concept cars suggesting a lattice structure which in buildings was the next logical step after solid posts and beams, like the Kia GT4 Stinger ...

Or the Volvo SCC.

Twf 2 A pillars with the useless window inbetween them. Both pillars huge creating the biggest blindspot possible
Tfw if you look 90° to the left your just looking straight at the xbox huge B pillar
Tfw only 5'8" and if I nig-lean my seat back I can look out the back window

A pillars are getting thinner

Make a self driving car that uses cameras and radar which aren't affected by the a pillar.

>competitor
did they mean the camaro?

Audiable clear/safe signal everytime the indicators are used.

Although it would require cameras to monitor blind spots and software to be able to detect incoming traffic.

If it was paired with the sat nav it would be able to discern between lane changes and turns.

...fk all you guys you know im right and you know its within technical limits.

Fk all you guys twice because i dont have a penny to my name and am slowly dieing.

Citroen has been doing this for a few years.

Put a prominent keel or two on the roof, on the inside if need be, so the A pillars can be smaller. Alternatively, sell coupes with front seats that are easy to move out of the way and put right back where you set them.

And how exactly are you supposed to stuff twenty lbs of useless airbags that won't deploy and just add weight to the car? baka desu senpai

They still manage to make it work quite well.

articles.sae.org/9946/

>Hello computer

>In the photo its spinning out of control
What kind of ad is this

Some A-pillars are so thick you can't check your blind spot. Some compact cars actually need to have blindspot mirrors just so you can see

move my head, like a normal person

but now you have two blind spots instead of one?

I remember reading an article, seems like it was jaguar or land rover which actually had a camera pointing in the blindspot and used a screen wrapping the pillar simulating a see through vision line there. Pretty interesting. That was a couple years ago.

Two small ones. The problem with one big A-pillar is that entire cars can disappear behind it.

Chebby did it in 1990 with the Lumina APV, but burgerlards have shit fucking taste and they sold like shit despite being the most technologically advanced minivan at the time with its aerodynamics, spaceframe construction with composite body panels, self levelling air suspension, and remote power sliding doors. You could even get one with the 3800, making it fairly quick for a minivan.

The Aurora had completely reasonably sized A-pillars, good amounts of glass all around, and was still strong enough that it broke the crusher machine GM was testing it with. What the heck is the problem that now everything has to have such tiny windows and giant pillars?

yes fender mirrors, while a lot of manufacturers used them, the Japanese used them the most
Japanese cars used to (and still) often use them

That's the ticket laddie!

Go back to better looking and simpler cars?