/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Gothic wa Mahou Otome Edition

Previous Thread: This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Castle of Shikigami (Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/582980/Castle_of_Shikigami/
>Dangun Feveron M2 port
Somewhere on PSN
>Bullet Soul
store.steampowered.com/app/544580/
>Ghost Blade HD
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/
>Zangeki Warp
store.steampowered.com/app/564040/
>Caladrius Blaze
store.steampowered.com/app/386770/
>DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/
>WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/
>Danmaku Unlimited 3
store.steampowered.com/app/450950/

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
youtube.com/watch?v=M0Z0yj5IDdI
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
kourindou.exblog.jp/25711799/
>Pawarumi
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812914421
>Graze Counter
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=899022724
>Ketsui M2 port
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

touhou is shit

castle shikigami is shit

cave is shit

This for sure.

Bump.

This for sure.

What are some shmups where I can play as a clown?

>castle shikigami is shit
I dunno it's not bad, 2 and 3 are better though. 3's like a yagawa game at high level.

So what happened with the stgweekly episode? i missed it but i hear people saying fatquas neglected his duties to even play it or something?

Bump.

>I've been playing shoot-em-ups since the 1980s, and I don't remember ever running into that kind of "one continue" rule.
dads are clueless

Probably because the shitter was a console pleb and never stepped on an arcade, for any frequent arcade player 1 coin is a rule.

sauce?

me wasting time on talking with a youtube reviewer.

Bahmpu~

Touhou is good!

touhou is overrated

Play Undefined Fantastic Object

touhou is for peedos

Explain kraut then.

>Explain kraut then.
Easy, weak or no father figure, life long demoralization from german authorities namely "education", void left from destruction of religious institutions to make way for a soviet top heavy style state control achieved by starving a generation of history to make them a blank slate to implant an identity on, crippled self esteem, OCD, deep sense of inferiority (attempted self delusion by over compensated projection of the opposite) trademark German stubbornness all qualities which add up to common features in pedophile psychological assessments.

i beat all touhous, except pc98 games, 9, 15

But what are your scores?

no scores, i have no idea how to play for score, i just try to catch all items

in case of non-arcades, scores on non-highest difficulty are irrelevant anyway and i somehow doubt he did it on lunatic.
not to mention, 2hu isn't worth playing, let alone scoring.

>I beat all games expect 7 games

>I beat the game multiple times. I tried out all of the difficulties and watched all of the endings. I would much rather go back to the Cave shoot-em-ups you brought up earlier (many of which I've reviewed and enjoyed).

more like he credit fed through the game multiple times. this idiot can't see that you were trying to help him out.

Bump

why 2hufags are saving this thread? what is their hidden motive?

validation and acceptance by their arcade senpai
unfortunately it will never happen
ever

>Mahou Otome runs two new gacha themes, flat-chested and large-breasted
>Windia is absent from the flat-chested gacha because she has no 4* iterations, and putting her 5*s in there would be too valuable for such an unimportant character
>Meanwhile Follett is absent from the large-breasted gacha for no apparent reason at all

Poor Windia and Follett. Also to note is that the cutoff for the large-breasted gacha is 87cm bust, which is exactly what Rosa has. In other words, her boobs are only juuuust barely big enough to qualify. Fanservice is odd, isn't it?

Daily reminder that flat is NOT justice.

fuck off peedo

>Casper size 63

How's Monolith?

Or is it more of a Issac/Robotron type game with a spaceship?

shit

You can think it as binding of isaac with a spaceship. It's pretty good roguelite for 5 to 10 hours or so. For the smup not so but it gets boring quite fast.

Thanks guys.

Explain your reasoning.

I'm gay.

>trap15's avatar on sys11 is kuroneko
Like pottery, fits his shit taste perfectly.

>Souffle and Casper are both 11
>Souffle's bust is 10cm larger than Casper's
>It's also larger than Sakura's and Rosalie's, both of whom are 15
Souffle is practically an oppai loli among these girls!

Germans have had a rough last 100 years. I feel bad for them.

kuroneko is the only good thing about that dumpster fire series

all girls were shit in that shit anime, now, boys on the other hand...

Everything about oreimo was shit, it's just that Kuroneko happens to be a hallmark of retards with utterly shit taste.

What kind of shmups homosexual people play?

Whoops, meant to quote on this one, so I guess have that (You) now.

I think it means Patchouli is easy.

Not the most challenging boss for sure.

Ai Cho Aniki

ketsui

Isn't Cho Aniki series massive satire though.

ikaruga
r-type
raiden 4
crimzon clover

Bump

Bahmpu~

Is there a recommended gacha for new players? I just went in this game blind after seeing the OP image and got some 5* Rosalie

guwange and especially guwange blue

Weebshit like cave and touhou

anything danmaku

Not particularly, I don't think. The gachas which offer 40 pulls for 500 gems are technically the best deal, and apparently come with a guaranteed 5* familiar, so I guess I'd say that, except that 500 is a lot to save up for in the first place. Otherwise I'd say aim for whatever gachas are discounted (almost every gacha has a first-time discount where you can get ten pulls for 125 gems and one pull for 12 gems).

So wait, you got a 5* Rosalie right off the bat? That's pretty good. For a beginning player, I'd say focus on doing the story quests or event quests until you level up a bit, so that team cost won't be an issue. I assume you already know where to find the English guide for the game?

Could've been worse, I suppose.

for I'm so bad at replying today.

I found the guide using google-fu, was really surprised at how big it was. I just rolled the top gacha that said 5 rolls for 62 gems. How important are high-rarity units for clearing content?

Yeah, the guide goes into detail on pretty much anything and how it works. High rarity units aren't too important, I don't think. 3* units should be enough for the easier difficulties and then 4* will usually suffice on the higher difficulties, in terms of just clearing them and getting S ranks for score and combo. 5* units would be good for doing score attacks and stuff, but even then it depends on the shot types in particular.

I've been playing Mahou Otome for a long time now. Feel free to come here and ask questions if you've got 'em.

whenever there's cream
abandon the stream

Good philosophy to live buy.

Is there a generic term for computer-controlled assistants in shmups (e.g., what is called "options" in Gradius)?

cave makes little girly games for them collector types that like to collect the boxes with the little girly anime girls on 'em

on that note, are there specific terms for different types of shmups besides bullethell? are rail shooters considered shmups?

I think the term options has just been adopted across the genre at this point honestly.

My hidden motive is that /jp/ doesn't talk about non-Touhou very much, /vr/ is terrible for shmup threads anymore, and /v/ can't keep a shmup thread alive long enough to actually discuss anything.

Not that it really matters much now. This general has become home to people trying to emulate Cee and Klabauter's posting style so discussion is being driven away.

I'm not birb-poster though.

Bahmpu~

>Not that it really matters much now. This general has become home to people trying to emulate Cee and Klabauter's posting style so discussion is being driven away.
This is way too true, you fucks need to tone it down a notch.

Tiny 2hu wants to be Reco!

>trying to emulate ... Klabauter's posting style so discussion is being driven away
I am one of the few people here who actually talks about shmups.

And yet you don't even read that post well enough to see I'm not actually talking about you.

Piss off and stop replying for me.

You wree saying they are trying to "emulate my style" and shitpost because of this. This sounds like you think I am just shitposting and other people do it like me too.

I read your post just fine, but perhaps you need to learn to express yourself better.

>You wree saying they are trying to "emulate my style"
They do emulate KBR's style; they pretend to be fanny-flustered over something not even related to them and drag on a shit-flinging contest for dozens of posts. Just like what's starting to happen now.

Are you fucking retarded or something? If you have a problem with my posts, and think the thread is shit because of me, then go back to /jp/, you fucking degenerate.

I am one of the few here who actually talks about shmups and plays them. Not my fault that retards like you constantly attack me here.

remember when the kraut got btfo? i do

Rev up your shitposts everyone, it's time to drag the thread through the dirt again!

So I started playing Raiden IV yesterday. 'sbrettygud imo. I'm complete shit at Overkill though.

lucky i quit them for gradus iv.

gensokyou radio is gud and i don't even play 2hu

what happened to user who planned to start a shmup music radio?

>be cee
>say playing vidya is degenerate and a thing only man-children do
>plays vidya himself every fucking day

>/vr/ is terrible for shmup threads anymore
better than this shit tier thread desu

Fairly new to the shmup genre, what titles should I get during the upcoming Steam summer sale?

Nothing, try some random classics on MAME first to see if you even like shmups.

deathsmiles and mushi

Last bahmpu before bed~

Keep flying, /shmupg/