/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Naziboo edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>A discord you can use:
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

Previous thread:

best

more 110s when?

Reminder it took Kelly Johnson 143 days to create a superior jet fighter than the Me 262, a design which took over three years.

he certainly didn't use the new technologies they invented in those 3 years :^)

Please do clarify user

FUCKING MIXED BATTLES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

When's the next sale on vehicles?

If you have the vehicle researched but not purchased and a new vehicle gets placed before it can you still buy it?

what should i clarify here?
it's obvious that the year when the design was created doesn't matter
one plane had its design created three years ago while they slowly figured out how to make jet engines work while another used the already known data how to make the engines work and so its design could be created as fast as in half a year

Do you think Allison magicked their turbojet out of thin air or something?

*autistic nazishart screeching*

it's you are thinking it while i try to explain to you that they needed years the preliminary work on the engine

Wait 7.0-7.7 tanks are better than a 6.7, and 6.3-5.7 tanks are are worse who would have thought?

which lightning is better, j-15 or l-5?

Neither, both Tier 4 lightnings suck, if you want a P-38 play the G, and if you want a tier 4 fighter take the D-30, or P-47N

>New Guinea
>One of the biggest advantages the Brits have over the Japs is climb speed
>Japs spawn in the air at cruise speed

I fucking hate New Guinea. Why the fuck do these asymmetrical maps still exist after years?

fucking when

i see, ty

depends
L-5 is a J-15 with boosted ailerons and dive brakes, basically it rolls better and has overall better high speed performance. however, the J-15 is 4.0, while the L-5 is 4.7 and faces 5.7 planes that usually out-everything it. also the L-5 isn't as good as an option at 4.7 compared to the hilariously undertiered P-47N and P-51D-30.

>Neither, both Tier 4 lightnings suck
they're not too bad. they don't get airspawns like the early Lightnings but instead they climb very well (you'll outclimb G.55Ss) which largely makes up for it. the P-38L also has Dora-tier roll rate and dive brakes.

the late P-38s are still good imo, only the L-5 isn't that great in an uptier to 5.7 or 5.3 Germany.

>Tiger H1 will be able to completely cover itself with smoke when it gets it
neato
I want a reason to play nazisharts again

>Italians on the enemy team
>Fucking get reamed with no way of fighting back

Okay, so they:
>Climb better
>Turn better
>Have amazing armaments
>Dive amazingly
>Have a slightly lower stop speed that is compensated for by the fact that they are teamed up with Germans

What the fuck, Gaijin? Every match against the Italians is a slaughter.

What plane are you flying?

I was flying a Typhoon, so I guess it's my own fault. The G55 guys were up on the moon by the time my allies had gotten to 5km altitude.

do decals provide a gained research point boost for gaining modules on planes?

ship devblogs when

you're definitely much faster, so use that to your advantage

but really just fly a spitfire

I tried outspeeding a G55 and he easily got away. It was in a straight line at sea level, too.

Why would you think that, they are completely for aesthetic purposes. They are only tactically useful for small tanks when you cover them in a solid decal color, like black when you attack from a distance.

>driving 76 sherman against russians
>oneshot them all while they all bounce off my frontal armor
>at one point a PT-76 hits me with his heat-bs and it bounces
Prove to me that the Sherman is a bad tank. protip you cant

Mobility is the worst of it's class
that's about it

Average outcome of playing germany at 6.7

it's what you get for playing with retards who refuse to acclimate to germany not being irreparably broken anymore

Its still far more mobile than heavy tanks. and has a better reverse speed than all brit designed tanks

Wow, fuck everything
My dog is ded and I'm still hung up about it...

Are we suppose to pretend that Italy isn't OP as FUCK from br 3.7-8.0???

>both sides can pen each other's tanks
>APHE for Germans have better post-pen damage than British APDS
>Germans still get steamrolled

Did they meme your team with rockets from planes or was your team just retarded?

It was actually a combination of both those things.

>implying they're not OP from 2.3 to 8.0

>climb better
Sure, maybe the g55s
The line planes are bricks at high alt and climb like americans

Also, they cant take damage at all. I was flying the g55 and a 50 cal yellowed my wing a bit. It became unmaneuverable and for what ever reason, the water cooling system dumped its contents
Any damage is a rtb

Wow this plane sure is fucking overpowered being slower and climbing worse than spitfires at the same battle rating and all

its like playing US on Hokkaido, except not playing US planes and not being on Hokkaido.

im about to drop burgers
literally the only way to win playing them it's to shoot down 2-3 planes yourself, otherwise it's autolose

You should be shooting planes down anyway you shitter.

but if i shoot down only one i lose

i mean rb air

>it's a "faggot with one of 10000 variations of the name Erich Hartmann goes head-to-head with my A-26" episode

>italian pilots

a20 shitters go home.

time to repay nanking

>not gee fiddy five
you failed

>what phly's video
>m46 gameplay
>bouncing random shots
>one shoting randomly with m82 shot
>HEATFS pens through everything
>super fast high speed carnage
>decide to try out the super stronk m46
>104 matches later i finally get HEATFS
>10 matches after that i realize the tank is 'just good'
>unreliable pen UFP of KTs and IS-6s with HEATFS
>optic ports, guns, and connecting armor eats HEATFS for breakfast
>m82 shot is still a dice roll on pen/bounce
>cannon wobble is just as bad as the black cat
>your own armor gets penned by every single round
>spaa melt your tank just by looking at it
>cannon birds blow you the fuck up or light your fuel tanks

This tank is just competitive now. If you did well with the US line up until this point you will do well with this tank. I feel as this was just a ploy to get people to buy the premeim tank.

Reversing faster than British tanks isn't exactly a high bar.

I think my new favorite thing to do is to outmaneuver pastashitters in american planes that people think can't turn

>watch a cherrypicked very good match someone has played an entire day to get
>gets surprised when every match with the same doesn't go that way

watching wehraboos on the forums getting assblasted about it and getting BTFO by people defending the change makes it worth it IMO

>Lets not put the link here otherwise everybody can see the majority of Is-6 posts

is p-80 a good first jet?

>nazisharts just "subtly" ignore the existance of the Ru 251

No

There is no good first jet.

What's a good soviet ground pounder at 7.0? I honestly just take my Mig-9/L to shoot down enemy attackers to pad out my kd to 4.
IL10 1946 is too slow- shitty rbs 132mm reg and unreliable 100kg bombs are not enough (hit hit crit) because I cant aim with it well since the plane cant dive.
La-7 is great due to precision dive bombing with 2*100kgs but useless aftewards
Su-6 is literally food for american/british planes

attacker FB1

There are none. The skies belong to Hortens, 262 A-2's, and basically whatever the brits/americans feel like bringing out, everything else is generally inferior if you're looking for a dedicated attacker or a better multi-role bombload
You could try bringing out earlier versions of the IL-2, or the Yak-9T if you prefer shooting people. Best to just leave the ground-pounding to everyone else and slaughter people with your T-44-100

none
gotta wait until gaijin is generous)))))) and adds the IL-40 or gives the MiG-17 rocket pods for a good attacker past 3.3

Man, I sure do hope Gaijin never introduces any kind of penalty or counter to hull break via plane impact on your tank.

did somebody say rocket pods ?

afterburners(((((((
imagine how gud you'd have to git to use that thing effectively

>tfw wanna try out the new M46 but the hundreds of games I spent grinding in it to unlock the American tree when it was first released without HEAT or HEAT-FS keep giving me PTSD
>it's the exact same story with the buffed M103 too

Why did it take so long for Gaijin to unfuck American GF?

At least they're buffing old premium tanks now rather than just leaving them in the dust to get powercreeped. Infinitely prefer that to Wargaming's current strategy, which is to introduce a new generation of premium tanks that are completely overpowered and force the old premiums into irrelevancy.

why so?

It still turns pretty good for being a big fat jet but doesn't trade that for being horrifically outmatched by other jets like the Meteor.

but why vampire or shooting star are bad?

Spade and its faster than me 262, only downside is guns in wings

>burgers vs teaguzzlers
>1 corsair and 3 thunderbolts vs 3 spitfires
>one thunderbolt with 0 kills goes to ground fucking pound
>literally we have a dog fight and he ground pounds in 3 km from us
>spits lose 2 but shoot down corsair and two bolts (including mine)
>the ground pounding faggot briefly stops ground pounding, shoots at the spitfire that's coming from above and miraculosly shoots it down
>he proceeds ground pounding and crashes but we win anyway

wtf i don't even

>plane can carry a ass ton of bombs and rockets + has EIGHT fiddies and a tub full of ammo for each of them
>is surprised when people use it to groundpound

Lemme explain the secret of American planes to you: they're the least suited nation to the meta of WT. Most of their planes operate best at high altitude, suffer from low climb rates, have poor turning circles and don't get cannons.

Now when your average retard gets into one of these, flies straight into the thick of it and gets rings run round him by Spitfires and Yaks. I mean the Thunderbolt can take an asston of rockets and bombs, as well as having 8 fiddies with a tubfull of ammo for each of them. It fucking excels at killing ground targets, and you're surprised that instead of getting his ass handed to him by a Shitfire for the tenth round in a row he instead goes to kill some AI tanks for some easy RP?

The vampire is a decent turner, but it has horrifically bad acceleration (at least stock) and is stuck at 7.3 for whatever reason
Shooting Star is just "eh" in every category you'd care to list, and the F-84 is better in every way with minimal change in BR
you'll still get curbstomped by italian jets though, because the G.91's are pulling a good chunk of the 7.0 jets into 8.0 for a hard club session and the F-84G that they get outlcasses the F-84B that the US gets, removing whatever advantages the F-84B gave to allied teams

I have a problmz

Am I a retard? I've multiple times researched vehicle and not one before it in a tree. But I don't do that kind of shit ever. Do my choice get reset or changed, has the glorious nazi air tree changed every few months?

Help me adolph, am I retarded enough to go back to call of duty or what?

but he should realize that the battle depends if we can win vs spitfires, when we have a great disadvantage vs them in the low alt dogfight and that we need him, shouldn't he

>Shooting Star is just "eh" in every category you'd care to list, and the F-84 is better in every way with minimal change in BR
The P-80 and F-84 are pretty distinct. Namely the F-84 has dogshit acceleration but higher top speed than the P-80, and can't turn for fuck all. Only reason it's even relevant is because it has an airspawn and so doesn't have to worry about gaining speed + alt from takeoff - some maps stock F-84Bs would struggle to even take off from the airfield.

No because he's probably already resigned himself to losing and is just trying to squeeze in as many ground kills possible.

Most American pilots genuinely just serve as cannon fodder.

also 6-8 fiddles are better than a couple of cannons because they are much easier to hit even with a poor aim

Whelp I was just in a long game and had the opportunity to take out my IL-28 but I couldn't see any fucking tanks at low altitude. Should switch from movie graphics setting to medium

>even wtg now believes the american planes are bad meme
nice to see that the misinformation spread here too

thanks to the airspawn the dogshit acceleration on the F-84 doesn't mean all that much if you do what jets are supposed to, which is go in straight lines constantly and pray someone fucks up long enough for you to swoop in and spray at them
though I will admit, the P-80 is better if you prefer not to zip around in straight lines the entire match, it's why I like it better

American planes aren't bad they just suit WTs meta the least out of all the nations.

Operation Summer when?

>Most of their planes operate best at high altitude
this is literally only true for the P-47 and P-38, and even then they're still absolutely fantastic planes at low altitude, they just do it better at extreme alt
>suffer from low climb rates
the P-47 is made up for this with an airspawn, and the P-51D-30 and late P-38s climb completely fine.
>have poor turning circles
most american planes still have really good instantaneous turn and horizontal turning
>don't get cannons
with the fifty cal buff, fifty cals are now as good as or better than cannons
>Now when your average retard gets into one of these, flies straight into the thick of it and gets rings run round him by Spitfires and Yaks. I mean the Thunderbolt can take an asston of rockets and bombs, as well as having 8 fiddies with a tubfull of ammo for each of them. It fucking excels at killing ground targets, and you're surprised that instead of getting his ass handed to him by a Shitfire for the tenth round in a row he instead goes to kill some AI tanks for some easy RP?
still doesn't justify being useless to your team and using a fantastic fighter completely improperly

>this is literally only true for the P-47 and P-38
And the P-51, so not literally at all - and between these three you have 90% of american team composition from Tier III-IV.

>most american planes still have really good instantaneous turn and horizontal turning
Which they can do once before they've burnt most of their energy, and have no chance of keeping up a turnfight with a 109/Spitfire/Yak/N1K.

>with the fifty cal buff, fifty cals are now as good as or better than cannons
The new fifties are better, but don't over embellish it. There are times where they'll blow wings off in one shot but on average it's going to take more than one pass to kill.

>still doesn't justify being useless to your team and using a fantastic fighter completely improperly
I'm not justifying it, I'm explaining it from the viewpoint of the average retarded american pilot. Your average player isn't going to know to sideclimb and use his planes strengths to his advantage, he's going to go headfirst into the first enemy he sees. And he's going to get his ass handed to him 9/10 times, because American fighters aren't good at doing that.

I feel like they fit the meta of staying fast and keeping that speed perfectly

That's the meta of jet gameplay. The meta of props is high climbrate, high acceleration turnfighters.

>And the P-51
the P-51 is only as good at alt as a 109

>Which they can do once before they've burnt most of their energy, and have no chance of keeping up a turnfight with a 109/Spitfire/Yak/N1K.
not in an extended turnfight for sure, but for a few turns they'll easily keep up long enough to get a shot off, especially at higher speeds

>There are times where they'll blow wings off in one shot but on average it's going to take more than one pass to kill.
I don't think it's ever taken me more than one pass to kill something in my P-51D-30, unless if it was for half a second, which then even cannons wouldn't kill it

>I'm not justifying it, I'm explaining it from the viewpoint of the average retarded american pilot. Your average player isn't going to know to sideclimb and use his planes strengths to his advantage, he's going to go headfirst into the first enemy he sees. And he's going to get his ass handed to him 9/10 times, because American fighters aren't good at doing that.
true I suppose

>That's the meta of jet gameplay. The meta of props is high climbrate, high acceleration turnfighters.
>speed means absolutely nothing
Tell me what to do against a properly flown F6F or even P-51D-30 in a Ki-43-III which fits the latter part of your meta description so perfectly.

le bump, as my only option is to idle 1000 games to get 50k exp, 5 exp per game to compensate. Enojy infinite losses.

>properly flown
I don't think you understand what meta means.

>people defending american planes
why tho, they're so garbage

They're not, tho
american teams are absolutely fucking disgustingly bad is all

>american planes are bad
did it never occur to you that it could be the players that are bad, not the plane?

In air battles american planes are decent.
In ground battles american planes are monsters, ad-2 can whipe 1/2 of enemy team if not stopped.

>slam a 2000lb bomb next to an IS-6 and a Tiger 2
>It goes through the ground and only awards a few "hits"

>slav and nazi matchup
user you know that's been dead for months now

>I posted this sort of thing as shitposting literally last thread and people at least saw it for what it was

It hurts.