/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: >179667735

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- SPLATOON 2 COMES OUT JULY 21!
- Deadbeat won the splatoon 2 inkling invitational
- New weapons have been revealed to the public all of them are going to be shown at the E3 exhibition matches!
- New gear abilities are coming to splatoon 2 details: splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/161734047139/in-the-upcoming-splatoon-2-world-inkling#notes
- New trailer has been released showing off Splatoon 2's single player campaign.
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> Discord
- discord.gg/b5nap3v

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/161706760109/the-squid-beakon-and-splash-wall-arent-present-in#notes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Please don't take my baby away Splatoon 2.

Yay new thread!
Here's my homescreen(s). Good night, /ink/!

Oh, do you think that the pro controller is worth $75? I don't think it can possibly be worth it, honestly, but I'm gonna buy it anyway. If I can't have my pink and green joycons, I'll just settle for the next best thing.

fucking nice

Forgot image no one saw that, right

Are they going to sell the splatoon switch bundle in America? Or is that just a japan/europe thing? So dumb if they dont sell splatoon switch bundle especially since America won the tourney.
REEEEEEEEEEEee

next major release you guys

holy shit we're going to make it

I've given up hope. It's getting too close to release to still be waiting on bundles, so I'm just gonna buy whatever Switch I find first

>tfw have money but no available Switch's for purchase

Weird feel desu

was it skype?
Wasn't paying attention no worries

first time I forgot to scratch my location out, second time I posted a version that was 50% transparency

Oh. I swear I saw a skype in the bottom right corner. Maybe I'm retarded.

Nice Callie

So we have some tops here which used to be defence or damage and now they've got new abilities on them. I think it's fair to say damage is gone and only sub defence exists as far as far as defence goes

Will we some more new weapons in Splatoon 2 other than the dualies?

I'd rather have more Sloshers, Bamboozlers, Splattlings and Brushes

Probably, but not for a while after release, I think. Kinda like how the first game handled it.

Honestly, probably not. I can't think of any liquid-shooting/paint-related real-life tools Splatoon is missing, and they're not likely to start throwing more realistic weapons into the mix.

What about markers or pens? Something like a cross between a nozzlenose and a slosher, with rapid-fire jabs and stabs shooting large globs of ink directly forward.

Nintendo could come up with more but I think they need to build up the other classes this game is 60% shooters.

>2 brushes
>3 sloshers
>3 splattlings

We need more weapons in this classes with different mechanics

Can someone post that literally-a-p90-make-codlombine-look-like-a-joke image?

it sucks that the eu bundle doesn't come with the splatoon colored joycons. I'm honestly not sure whether it's even worth waiting for that or if I should just buy a switch right now. I'll get the splatoon pro controller for sure though.

Does anyone know whether Australia gets the Splatoon Switch bundle?

Bamboozler is literally just a charger that's too small. You'll have a hard time making it even smaller, and making it bigger will make it a Squiffer.
Nozzlenose and Sloshing Machine, though, those are different enough to warrant new variants. Small Tri-Slosher-like Sloshmo with short range, short action and fatter vortex for close combat and a big blaster-Nozzlenose will be fun as hell.

Splash and Sploosh are called Fine Marker and Bold Marker in Japan.

the 0.96 gal confirmed?

Didn't they say all weapons are coming back

What do people think about no beakons in Splatoon 2? I thought they added a lot to the game...

Yep. I mean, if even the Sploosh (probably the most extraneous weapon in the original) is confirmed returning then there's no reason everything else wouldn't.

splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/161706760109/the-squid-beakon-and-splash-wall-arent-present-in#notes

Well fuck, there goes ink-spears

I could understand splash wall, but why delete beakon?

It's in, just not in theE3 build. Same with walls.

did you even read the link

Why is Min Min's Ai so bad? Out of all the other characters in grand Prix I find hers the easiest to beat.

I want to molest Tia's sweaty, stinky feet!

>what is reading

>reading
>in 2017

You should thank me for keeping the thread alive.

I hope sub power up gives suction greater blast radius not bomb range up

I want my Slosher to be a killing machine

I don't think so. The Splatoon 2 pro controller and Switch case were announced for Australia weeks ago, we should probably consider ourselves lucky we even got this much.

Lame. At least we get the pro controller I guess, I think I'm gonna play Spla2n docked 90% of the time anyway.

I hope too, the most annoying enemies in Splat1 are Carbons with bomb range up-sub saver builds, you can't do shit about these fuckers.

Carbon's are more about Damge, Swim Speed and maybe Ninja squid and sub saver from my experience

>official splatoon tumblr shows off vaguely yuri carie and marie art
nice

>tfw preordered both

Feels good, man.

Where are they cheapest in ausland? JB Hifi?

Uh oh spaghetti-os. Last thread died because no one cared enoughi-o

Thanks senpai

Haven't played Splatoon in months and don't own a Switch I suspect I'll jump on board way too late and everyone will be masters as Splatoon 2 whilst I struggle and pay for the privilege (online fees) of getting owned

would you be able to draw my squid

Same + amiibos. Fucking stupid that JB HI-FI ships everything individually, though.

JB, ebgames, ozgameshop, and Gamesmen are the only places I know of and they're all priced the same, maybe give or take a dollar. Ozgameshop has free shipping, but you'll be waiting a while since it's from the UK, and they don't have the case. Ebgames doesn't have the official Splatoon 2 case, instead they have some third-party licensed one, which still looks nice, but isn't the same.

Depends on playstyle. Hitzel did a "Support Carbon" video showing the exact build I'm talking about, and it works really well. They're rarer than rabbids but you still see these from time to time, and they're really annoying.

Are the new amiibos not available in a 3pack this time? I might skip the non-kid one

I just know they'll release a Marie amiibo in a kimono and a Callie one in an outfit that we'll see during or at the end of single player

Sex with Marie!

Can't wait. I don't like the short hair on the new Squidgirl as much as the longer hair on the original Squidgirl amiibo though. Hopefully Callie's outfit is cute

From her solo song and her dress code in the sequel I'd say Marie is pretty traditional. If you're satisfied with missionary, holding hands looking into her eyes you'll be fine but if you want some adventurous positions you may be disappointed

what I hope is that DLC includes new hairstyles and pants but seeing as we got new clothes as DLC in the first game I think it's inevitable

I'm surprised hairstyles aren't a release feature honestly

they are but we seem to have 3 per gender in addition to the defaults. It's less for pants

>no ponytail for girlsquids
please nintendo

So will the new idols or callie and marie replacements be revealed before release or something we'll find out upon the game's release? Will they just be stand-ins till you beat story mode and then have callie and marie return to their positions afterwards? or will they be full time replacements?

So we're getting more humanoid octarians. It's a matter of time before we see Octavio's humanoid form or male Octolings or whatever they eventually get called

I love this dude's design. Looking a lot better than the boss deigns for the first splatoon which arguably didn't have very great boss designs, outside of octavio.

Unless single player is mandatory to unlock multiplayer I'd say they have a new system in place for announcing things.

Probably won't be announcers but a more developed version of the screens outside the plaza which will show you not only the stage but also the mode

I expect Callie and Marie to retire and either go back to their hometown or stay in Octo Canyon and watch the Octarians better than Cuttlefish did or possibly broker peace

Fuck why did they have to make salmon run so restrictive, it looks so fun but,
>Can't play online unless it's during an event
>Can't choose your own gear
>Can only pick from a tiny selection of weapons, can't customise sub and special at all
>Sometimes they force you to use a specific weapon
Why did they have to ruin it :(

Nintendo is hell bent on local being the best way to play which it is but it's not as convenient as online

On top of that making it an event gives them more way to keep players coming back and keep the community alive and vibrant. Supposedly they'll be more frequent than Splatfests but it's still up in the air whether they're replacing Splatifests completely

>Nintendo is hell bent on local being the best way to play which it is but it's not as convenient as online
I have no irl friends who would play this with me feels the worst man

Neither do I but I think we can we can host Salmon Run's so we might be able to host /ink/ Salmon Run's unless we get Discorded

if they are so hell bent on local, then they should've made splitscreen available

but they want you to buy 2 or more systems

yeah, well I don't even know a single person who owns a current-gen console

Give it 2 more console generations and Nintendo might catch up with other systems as far as online functionality and infrastructure go

Yep around the time of New Switch Pro X-XL we will be almost there.

Now the groundwork has been laid for mid-gen upgrades I expect a new Switch in terms of power within 2 years. I think form factor could hsppen even sooner if Nintendo sees money in it. There's already 3rd party mini docks. Nintendo is likely to sell some of their own soon enough

Only five weeks to go

is this game comfy in tabletop mode? I have no tv in my dorm room

We don't have the game yet, but after playing arms in just table top mode it seems like most games play well with it.

They're a hell of a lot more creative than we are. I'm sure they'll come up with something.

They will? They sure do know what I like

ATTENTION EVERYONE ATTENTION

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL /ink/ BLACK LIST

AVOID PLAYING WITH THESE TRYHARD FAGGOTS AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH THE GAME.

short hair looks so bad on white woomies
I like how you kill him by destroying his respawn pad... Fucking brutal
I don't think they'll have replacements at all. A lot of people didn't like the mandatory announcements so they probably did away with them.

I assumed many people have played the testfires, while I don't even have a switch yet.

I was so excited for this mode until they basically ruined it. If only Switches could join a network and discover each other through that network and play locally that way. I think local play is strictly one device connecting to another so this would never to be able to work, at least wirelessly. If you could find a way to bypass having to use Nintendo's online service and connect the devices through a virtual hub/switch using a lan adpater, then it might be possible. Pic related.

Now that I think about it, that idea could potentially blow the entire paid online model the fuck out if someone were able to make it work. Any game with a local LAN feature would be able to use it.

>I assumed many people have played the testfires, while I don't even have a switch yet.
Oh yeah, I forgot about it because it was so long ago. I enjoyed the testfire in portable mode, so I would assume the table top mode would be the same just without the joy cons attached to the console. It still looks good if that's your main worry.

Was meant for

They've somehow managed to get worse since the Wii U. I don't know about that, man

I reckon they believe what they're doing even if it's a regression will protect the children when they use Nintendo's own voice chat service

I love the salmons.

soon

It's not as much about children as about preserving Splat1's unique solo queue.

I'm never going to use voice chat and I doubt I'm alone in that

Not like you can do that in Spla2n solo, because you can't talk to strangers.

Please end yourself

I’m fine with that since I’d only be willing to use vc with /ink/

the japanese are skilled and fun to play with

-Fuzzy