What does Veeky Forums think of the Stinger GT?

So what does Veeky Forums think of the Stinger GT as a luxury sports sedan? I'm thinking about getting one. What are your thoughts on it? And is there anything better in the price range of $35k-$42k?

Also, no cross-shopping like a faggot and comparing it to coupes. I have a performance coupe already.

Don't know much about it but 370hp from a twin turbo v6 is pretty pathetic. The NA 3.8 from Hyundai makes 300hp.

I'll like it a lot when it depreciates to $20k in one year. I'm not dumb enough to buy a new Kia, but you can bet there are people with more money than I have who are far less intelligent.

>3.3L Twin-turbo running 7psi
>double the boost
>tune
>suddenly making 450hp

You know the engine is probably built to handle quite a bit more than the stock boost.

> depreciates in a year
> probably will only be built for a couple of years
> instantly holds its value
> becomes rare and sought after
You're super intelligent, user.

Hopefully. Otherwise it would find itself in a ford 6.0 situation. Only reason it grenades is cause faggots crank up the boost on stock internals.

We'll find out shortly when people start doing it.

>Kia
>not even once

HUR DUR NO MANUEL
IT SHIT HUR DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURR

>buying a fucking kia for more than 20k
>buying any korean cars ever

Literally why when you can get more than decent domestic or Japanese cars for that kind of money. You can even play the German game at that point but that's a bad idea for other obvious reasons.

You can buy a used c63 for half the price

The Stinger is actually the first quality car made by Kia. If you even want to say Kia made it, considering it was designed by a former lead designer from Audi and a former lead engineer from BMW's M division that were brought on specifically to make this car.

It doesn't matter who makes the car if it's a great quality car. And for the pricepoint, anything nicer is $5k-$15k more expensive. And I'm not touching a German car with a stick. That's a quicksand scenario right there.

>used luxury car
If you like sitting in another man's sex sweat drenched seats, then go right ahead.

Even better, the GDI 3.8 makes 350.

>kia
>rare
>value
K E K

compare a kia to a 6.3 amg
are you this point retarded ?

And yet the Genesis is doing well and highly regarded.

Also, they planned on making only 16,000 units between two years. No green light yet if it'll be continued or not.

they can make space ship if they whant it's still
A KIA !

lol, Are you retarded?

The 2018 AMG C 63 S ($75,500)
4.0L V8 twin turbo
503 bhp
0-60 in 3.8 sec

2018 Stinger GT ($39,000)
3.3L V6 twin turbo
365 bhp
0-60 in 4.7 sec

Less than a sec and only costs $35k more. And yes, I would prefer a new luxury sedan with a 7 year warranty than a used luxury sedan with no warranty and soaked in some other guy's sex sweat. I'm good with not being a poor faggot and buying my daily used. Also, the C63S's interior doesn't look better than the Stinger GT's. Looks to be on par.

And?

>Also, the C63S's interior doesn't look better than the Stinger GT's. Looks to be on par.
Kia copied a bunch of Mercedes design cues, but you can be damn sure the Merc interior feels infinitely nicer.

>no manual
> no stiff ride
almost, almost

first i don't talk about the 4.0 engine who's called 6.3 WTF full retard mercedes here.
and i prefer 100x time a 6.3 amg vs your KIA...
but we don't care buy your brand new shit and loose your money in 2 years who care ?
me and my amg will lost 0 $ ;)

where's the 2 door coupe version?

>Less than a sec and only costs $35k more
>I'm good with not being a poor faggot
pick one
>KEK

The Stinger is all leather and brushed aluminum. No cheap plastic. So "feels nicer" is severely subjective.

Your English sure has lost a lot of $ ;) . Look, the CL 6.3 is a piece of shit coupe that lost all of its value already due to the shitty fucking made calipers that dig into the $1000 rotors and the the fucking computer for literally every fucking electronic in the car. Which is a $550 chip just to replace a single one of the hundreds in the car if one were to go out. Got the fuck out of here with your shitty English and shitty "superior car" that will keep losing its value like a rock in water. And stop comparing a coupe to a sedan. Unless you think a CLS AMG is cheaper than $39,000.

Also, has the same fucking problem. German trash.

>Unless you think a CLS AMG is cheaper than $39,000.
It's the case so ? What next ?

woooooow what a hot english
i bet it's some butthurt german

Calm down asian, you talk about a ... KIA...

t. Mehmet

i didn't need it, but thank you for the confirmation, you really are some angry german kid

and no, i don't talk about a ... KIA... you retard, i just came here because i've noticed some tasty butthurt

before you try to insult somebody please learn english first, insults sounds more hilarious than anything else if you use broken language

That's not me. Also, I don't even like Kia or Hyundai. If it wasn't for the Stinger GT, I wouldn't by a Korean car.

>angry
drunk
>german
french
>kid

0/3 don't be a medium

i don't care about the 6.3 amg but for a car less than 40 K € it is one of the best engine you could get.

by the way i got a Cayman S so i really don't care about this shitty KIA ;)

apparently a version available in a v8

You're not gonna find a stock Stinger or G70 with a Tau V8 under the hood, not yet anyway.

Randy Pobst likes it and he knows more about cars than you bus riders.

Not the same user, but...
> angry AND drunk
> Germans made the French their bitch, so same difference
> 27 is still a kid, kid
> grow the fuck up and stop holding shit tier Mercs on some pedastool
Sounds like he got 2/3 to me.

And the 6.3L AMG isn't the best engine you can get for under $40k. They are expensive to work on and overly complicated electrical wiring. Just so Merc can make even more money off your ass.

This.

>say the engine is bad, just talk about money

> Kia sees all these autists crying for "muh V8" and "muh stickshift"
> decides to make the Stinger With the Tau V8 and a 6-speed manual
> even makes it $3k cheaper at $36k
> no one buys it because no one crying for the V8 manual can afford it anyways
> people who can afford it want the lighter weight V6 tt
> Kia pulls all the Tau's and manuals out and shoves them into the Genesis sedans
> never again

Funny enough, I'm probably the only one here who can afford any of these cars brand new. I just don't like shittily made products just to rip people off.

> must be poor to not funnel money into an intentional money pit

What do you drive rich fag ?

Why are people shilling this boring ass korean shit box?

Currently, I have four cars. 2003 Mustang Cobra, 1999 Mustang project car, 2002 Lincoln LS V8, and 2006 Mazdaspeed 6. I'm about to ditch the Lincoln and get me the Stinger GT GT1 package unless something else better presents itself. I might get rid of the Speed 6 as well.

I don't get why it's under the Kia marque, given its associated image
they should've at least made it a Hyundai

>it makes you want to be poor
Thx, it strengthens me in my convictions.

>Amerifat spotted
I do not see anything of value here

KIA, oh come on.
Its gonna be one of those cars that people buy, then will cost 10 cents in like a year, no im not kidding.
WE DONT NEED SPORTS SEDANS.
Wanna get a sporty car ? Get a older BMW or anything thats from japan
Wanna get a sedan ? Get a Audi,BMW or merc, and these companies will make better sports sedans, s6, m5 or E amg will be beter, if a bit more expensive.

Do not say it too loud, the fans of the Korean sub-brand will flame you

> non-car guy spotted
You obviously know nothing about cars or car culture. Two of those cars should stand out as they are highly sought after and well known performance cars. But, I guess you only know what motor trend tells you on YouTube.

We need sports sedans. I already have a modded coupe. I want a new sedan that isn't boring to drive. And Kia has provided one that seems quite interesting and I plan on giving a try. Also, it won't tank in value. Guaranteed. Especially not with who worked on making the car.

Well, where I live Kia Cee'd thanks to his reliability and low price devaluated no more than their jap rivals, so you saved 5k$ 10 years ago and your car is worth as much as 10yo Civic and Corolla.

I like the blue and white. Which one should I get?

I think my strong temptation would be to look to the used market. $40k will buy you M3s, C63, E63, S4, ATS-V, CTS-V, XFR, IS-F. So much great stuff in the category in the used market. I'd avoid Kia like the plague. Their dealer network sucks shit and the depreciation makes Mercedes look like a smart buy. Also it's fugly.

Veeky Forums hates what it cannot afford.

I'm torn between the Micro Blue and the Deep Chroma Blue. I have to see them in person to know which I want.

It's almost like the top one has some purple flake in it. Very cool.

This might be he first Kia to hold its value rather well considering how well made it is and the fact that it'll be a limited run. With that being said, none of those cars that you mentioned have as nice luxury features and holding a price tag of $40k.

Yeah, it seems to be a very navy blue / deep violet pearl. I might go with that one if I decide to buy a GT1 package.

I'm a sucker for purple myself so it'd be my choice for sure.

I think I'd go with the Deep Chroma Blue as well considering the Micro Blue (however equally gorgeous it might be in person) looks too similar to some of the Subaru and BMW pearl blues.

I'd consider one if the rumors about a V8 version are true. Until then I'm not interested.

>only costs 35k more
damn nigga you played yourself lmao

No one who can afford one wants a V8. So, they aren't going to cater to neckbeards who can't buy them.

>nice luxury features
I keep hearing about this, but no one ever says specifically what those features are. Everything I can find on it looks like standard luxury fare. What specifically is so great about this thing that anyone should buy it over a lightly used M3?

So if it's built to handle more boost, why don't they make it stock with more boost? Is it because it ruins their MPG or reliability figures or something?

>kia twins, that twins turbo
>make 365hp, 0-60 in 4.7 sec
>awd, that's right in 4.7 sec

>Mitsubishi evo 9 awd 289hp, turbo 0-60 in 4.4 sec

Get an evo.

So it can fall apart at 60k miles?

Pretty much, its safer for the manufacturer if they keep the boost low cause less risk of engines dying and people trying to claim warranty.

Theres no such thing as a "first great car"
they need to put out three "great cars" for any of them to ever be "great"

Looks like a Ford Falcon.

>infiniti 3.0TT
>375whp