/gwt/ - Gwent: The Witcher Card Game General

>OFFICIAL PATCH NOTES
>"THE WEATHER UPDATE"
playgwent.com/en/news#6130

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Cinematic Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=5yu7FVZOyAo
>Gameplay Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=sKqy04OmOGo

>Gwent Faction Videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

>All Character Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

you're craft me again

you'll all come crawling back

Serious question,

Should I just dust Ciri?

I feel like everyone dropped her because that nerf just doesn't do her justice

PRAISE BE TO THE GREAT SUN!

you forgot to link the old thread

Ravioli, ravioli don't tickle the relict loli

Has the five day refund period ended? I can't decide between a premium Ele'yas or a duplicate Roach for a free silver.

tomorrow's the last day, patch was tuesday

Managed to hit rank 10 with starter golds tonight. Thanks for the advice I got here from yesterday.

Now I've got enough powder to transmute Cahir for a free gold.

if you're not using her? yes
if you're still using her? no
if you have 400 moon powder?

premium her, craft her then begin with the first line again

skellige seems like your best bet since they can manage fine with just silvers

So when can we expect to see the first real open tournament. Disclosed decks, yay or nay? And other questions like this.

God damn it I go to the trouble of blogposting and you nerds go and fill another thread I FUCKING SEE HOW IT IS.

You may as well tear her up and then play a bit and see how much you miss her. No loss if you decide to craft her again after. I'm playing nilf without Cahir like an absolute madman for the exact same reason, though I'll probably start spending my scrap more once I get my level 30 gold. 700 more XP, probably get it this evening.

Things you want to see gameplay wise?

>ST:
-Dryad synergies
-Halfling synergies

>Monsters
-Vampire synergies
-Vodyanoi synergies

>NR
-Mainly main characters like Adda and Vincent who are still missing, but also more nations than just Temeria/Redania/Kaedwen

>SK
- I want them to dig deeper into the mythology aspect of SK lore. More cards like Hemdall please.

>NG
-Toussaint pls

>running fake Ciri
I hope you only do this in casual famalam

No to disclosed decks.

I just wish the witchers had interesting abilities instead of just being neutral crones.

All the pull from deck stuff is boring fucking garbage though.
Powerful and dull.

-Get rid of the orders keyword ASAP
-never post on reddit again, never even look at it
-keep inviting pros to the PTR and listen EXCLUSIVELY TO THEM AND YOUR OWN BALANCE TEAM
-get rid off all half assed archetypes and flesh the real ones out a bit

There I fixed gwent.

Did nothing about the going first disadvantage

Very difficult to even start about this topic. Rethaz said multiple times the difference in winrate is pretty small.

If you don't trust the word of a notoriously stubborn PR guy there's another thing to consider:

Current SK benefits from going first. There are actual decks that NEED to go first right now. That makes it tougher to balance the coinflip.

Who's this Rethaz guy?
I remember someone said he didn't aknowledge the mulligan bug and after he was proved wrong he called it a feature.
Seems kinda concerning if someone like that has something to do with the development of the game.

what is geralt: igni

he's a huge faggot who hasn't been seen on ladder since CB. he doesn't even play the game anymore, likely because he hates it now.
if only he'd off himself already, instead of destroying our beloved gwent.

He's a CDPR dev who posts on r/gwent occassionally. He's not a PR guy (and it shows); he just posts there voluntarily. He's often enough helpful and nice and posts insightful things about the development and balance of the game, but once someone questions his vision of the game he becomes snarky and stubbornly tries to disprove the other person. This of course results in his fanboys downvoting whoever rethaz argues with, thus effectively smashing all dissent on their subreddit. Denying the mulligan bug is only one of the examples of rethaz being stubborn.

He's not a PR guy but basically posts so much stuff on reddit that he might as well be one. Problem being that he lacks the thick skin a PR guy needs to have. He often goes into arguments with other users, which is something a real PR person would be fired for.

getting a batch of kegs from leveling up feels so fucking good oh god

why is spelltael still allowed to exist?

after which I was Kambied.
not sure how I feel with the new patch..

considering it's supposed the only direct counter to the SK cancer, it's disconcerting that it isn't everywhere, and just goes to show that they didn't quite understand what they were doing with the last patch.

would botchling/luberkin be broken if they were strengthen instead of boost?

because Scoia has nothing else

remove spell and remove eithlinne and give ST GOOD ELF LEADERS AND GOLDS

Thanks Poland. I will mistake braps muffled in a song due to a tart's thigh.

Fortunately I have just the deck for her. She went to a caring and loving home, no 200 scrap for her future.

Do you keep your rank at the end of season or do you start fresh?

Most assuredly you lose rank, levels and all your cards. We started OB at 0.9.6, we went to 0.9.7 after a month: in three months total reset and completely new cards for every faction.

Give me a reason why i should not craft my waifu
Also, why did they change her from 7 power again?

wutmate

Maybe when you stop being 5 with a 4 pony

First game with the deck after adding Priscilla and I win soundly, which gets me my 75 ore daily and the keg had a premium savage bear so 400 scrap. The gods have given me a sign, I am doing their will.

>Now I've got enough powder to transmute Cahir for a free gold.
What's this?

I have near 1800 scraps burning a hole in my scrap pile, and I am too indecisive to figure out what golds and silvers I want.

Can someone please make the decision for me? I barely know how to play this game

>tfw the only deck I could make is super budget Buff Dwarves
>it gets nerfed
>can't build anything else
>no point in dusting anything since it won't do me much good
Well fuck. What now?

Nerfed cards mill for full scrap value as though you crafted them with scrap. This also holds true for premiums. So you can craft a nerfed legendary (Or use an existing one), transmute it with 400 meteor powder, then mill it for 1600 scrap which is 800 scrap profit.

The full refund is dying either Saturday or Sunday though so not much time left. Right now I'm debating tearing up my moviecards just so I can get a final 800 sack of scrap in before the cutoff. I enjoy the moviecards but I don't know if I enjoy having premium daerlan infantry more than I would enjoy having a regular Vilgefortz.

golden cock

Just accept the will of your Polack overlords.

if you play skellige then Coral is a must have

scrap it, you'll get enough moon powder ot make it again if you like

you'll enjoy using vigilefotz much more

don't listen to any of these 900mmr shitter brainlets.

Ciri:Dash is imperative to SK decks, bottom line

Avalac'h I also good because he is a top teir meta pick and also a neutral that will fit into any deck

Scrapped it, now I've got 30,000 scrap. I should start spending it so 90% of my decks don't contain vanilla Triss and/or vanilla Geralt.

>Ciri:Dash is imperative to SK decks, bottom line
why

vanilla Triss isn't that bad
as a neutral she just lacks deck synergy except with Hajmdall Skellige

So now that RNR and Drought have been nerfed what's the best new legendary to create aside from Igni?

Renew

I assume you mean for neutral so Renew and avallach are the most used from there.

>when dennis the menace goes off without a hitch

maybe for King Bran...

DENNIS THE MENACE

Yup. Not really slumming it with either card, it's just that Triss only really synergizes with Hjalmar like you said (Which is one of the few I actually have) and Geralt synergizes with Kambi and Borkh, neither of which I have. They're both consistently good cards anyway, but stuff tailored to a deck obviously works better.
While I'm talking about legendaries, gigni has been surprisingly ineffective I've found. If you don't draw it round 1 the chances of it doing something meaningful drop steeply, and then it most often ends up toasting an 8 power crone in round 3. It's definitely still powerful but after playing with it a bit it isn't as auto include as Ciri was. Maybe still is. I tore her up when the patch hit but she's probably still worth it.

I'm confused. Aren't you still down 400 moon powder from the initial transmute at the end?

Or is 400 powder worth less than 800 scrap.

Yeah, you end up spending 400 dust for 800 scrap. Which I don't care to upgrade anything, so it works out for me.

Like the other user said, you're basically spending 400 powder for 800 scrap. The value of that is up to you and how much you like moviecards, because powder is only used for cosmetic upgrades but 800 scrap lets you get another gold.

If I play Reaver Scout, and I can't pick anything with him despite clearly having bronzes on the board, does it mean I don't have any copies of it in the deck?

Yes.

Yes.

thoughts on Wild Hunt decks?

Grave-digging is pretty funny.
I felt like a dick when my GG bugged out.

remove wild hunt warriors

>make a fun Letho deck
>Letho is glitched as fuck on console

Cool can I have my 3000 scrap back

Operator + renew on Caretaker?

>plaing on console

why do you think you deserve better?

What are the highest priority legendaries right now?
I play a bit of every deck.

I want to climb the ladder but I'm stuck level 9.
What's the strongest deck out there currently?

igni
avalac'h
borkh
renew

renew is better for decks factions that have very strong golds like monsters

is there a better feeling?

Renewed caretaker and a griffin.

How do you use those properly?
Gigni round 1?
I'm thinking Avalac'h would work quite well with my Ciri dash discard deck.
Borkh round 3? Timing the countdown seems difficult.

Renew is a no brainer.

Ask someone who dropped 800 MMR in one day somehow anything

you igni when they have a huge target

you bork when you know they are going to have multiple high power targets

he either responds to brokh or he dies

Do you play SK?

You must receive a brap to the face. Which brapper do you choose? Triss, Yen, or Keira Metz?

what were you playing and why did you keep losing?

BLOEDE NEKKERS. SEMILIEN VART

A 30 strength Gold with Timer 1: at the start of your turn you lose the round

>nobody ever passes without a 30+ lead in fear of getting hit by that as soon as they pass

>play Kambi deck for meme purposes
>kambi is the last card in the deck and I have no way of drawing it
>still win against fog monsters
lmaoing @ monster's life

>play Kambi deck for meme purposes
sure you are

How come Vicovaro Medic and MODRONFREYAISPATIENT slut both have 1 base power when the latter is so undeniably superior in every way? She draws from your own graveyard and synergizes with every other card in the deck while Medic has to just hope something good drops, and has almost no resurrect combos except some marginal spy values

how rare is this

can you still refund it for full scraps or you're just stuck with cucked card now?

Because resurrecting and graveyard stuff in general is part of the SK faction, while spies and traitors are NG.

You can

Can someone post a good X-men deck?

I'm just saying that Medic should have higher base since CDPR seem to overvalue resurrecting from opponents graveyard. Carataker too, is +3 power really worth bumping into gold slot?

Caretaker can res silvers though.

>mfw da bears win da gwentb owl

Forgot that, scratch it then

11 games in a row against fucking axeman. This new meta is honestly the worst meta we have ever had.

>This new meta is honestly the worst meta we have ever had.
Said everyone about every single patch ever. Pretty sure you're lying about "11 games in a row" too.

11 games in a row against fucking consume. This new meta is honestly the worst meta we have ever had.

I only ever play against consume