/rsg/ - RuneScape General

this game is always has been nothing but memes edition

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.comwiki/Update:Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
youtube.com/watch?v=tT1AYkscytI
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,555,65921005
>BTS
services.runescape.com/m=news/the-month-ahead--may-2017?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news
>Menaphos update [June 5th]
runescape.com/info/menaphos

ded

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q4-d21MUQAs
youtube.com/watch?v=Ae3l_iVLCZQ&t=487s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for china

second for gas the lorefags

Third for boshraptor is my favorite person in the fc

who is urs

3rd for nex has the cutest feet :3

Fifth for fuck elite slayer mobs

Sixth for I hope that Jagex raising more skills to 120 makes them go bankrupt so I can stop playing this game

They're unable to learn from their mistakes but at least it will be some comeuppance

Why are they doing their best to repel new players? Are they aware the game is dying and they're only fleecing the last whales left?

seventh for menaphos fishing is pretty comfy and makes leveling cooking even easier than it already was

>Are they aware the game is dying and they're only fleecing the last whales left?

Exactly this.

ninth for we pay no gay

It's not even that they didn't have a chance to make the game even more casual-friendly by increasing xp rates further.

Why did they always try to placate the hardcorefags? Were they this shortsighted?

>le game is dying maymay

Is it a bad investment to Augment Ascensions?

>hmmmmmm who will we listen to, the people that have jobs and don't want another 300 hours of slayer or the people that have no other occupation during the day but play runescape

Jagex is doing their hardest to please crowds that will die of exposure in the next few years

the only other skills i can see them doing it for would be summoning and construction. but yeah i hope they fucking quit it soon.
jagex has tried and tried and tried so hard to bring in new players in the last few years, but it just never works. the population of this game is stagnating, and all their efforts to bring in the new crowd have failed.

yes

>all their efforts to bring in the new crowd have failed.

It's a vicious cycle of new players being concerned they can't meet their desired objectives before the game shuts down, quitting, reducing the amount of customers which results in jagex adding even more daunting content to keep the current players busy

I really hate this combat thing

Quest to help Zaros clean up his Legos when?

What, EOC?

>some clown has Surge on his revolution bar

Beach when? I need to slut up

Gotta go fast

Can you explain why

>visit dindu demons for a slayer task
>see this

Holy fuck, how are people so retarded?

She's 67 ranged

>she

Oh boy

Pls respond, I want to augment my ascensions and other than the range of a Nox bow I can't see why it would be a bad thing.

fuck my life

Or... You know play the game for fun, do some slayer and eventually hit your goal.

fun is inefficient

>wow playing efficiently can't possibly be fun
>the only way to play for fun is how I say so

am i just fucking lucky or why have i gotten one piece pretty much every time ive done caches

>caches

>reeee muh dailyscape boogeyman etc.

You're lucky

it's not, you can always remove the augment, though you'll have to pay the repair cost to make them tradable

>Are they aware the game is dying
Is that why they're reporting massive profits?

I think there's pretty much a 100% chance to get it. It might be related to doing them between the 3 hour cache boost caches, but I'm not sure. Same thing happened to me.

>playerbase stagnating
>microtransactions pushed harder than ever
thinking

It's not going anywhere dude, not until they stop showing profits in their financial reports which doesn't seem to be ever. You do know the biggest reason for the player drop is the bot nukes that made most bots disappear years ago? The ones that kept areas like the dwarf mines completely packed in every world but are now empty?

Also they just released a bunch of mid level training methods, the fishing one being the second best in the game and the woodcutting one actually being the actual best, so it's not just ''hardcore pandering''.

reminder that the true mmo experience (not only in rs) is 100% dead and will never come back

what is this ''true mmo experience''? nostalgia?

>genuine fun, sometimes at the expense of efficiency
>feelings of diving into the unknown, not knowing what you have to do next
>group content at every step of your progression, little to none single player content
>no p2w gimmicks that cheat you out of the aforementioned

imo

the only thing I can think of that people did for ''fun'' was pking, which moved mostly to osrs. even castle wars was a bore back then.
>>feelings of diving into the unknown, not knowing what you have to do next
how? even back then guides existed you know.
>>group content at every step of your progression, little to none single player content
this never happened.
even in 2004 RS was still a single player focused game with some multiplayer elements, people hated having to pair up with someone to do shield of arrav and heroes quest.

>>no p2w gimmicks that cheat you out of the aforementioned
Then don't use them? Or better yet make an ironman.

People spent all this time trying to discover Menaphos together because Jagex only revealed pieces of it. They didn't even mention things like the player owned dungeon or the slayer codex.

>group content
this was always cancer just like pvp

>tormented demons
I wish Jagex would make an elite version of these or maybe just another monster with similar mechanics. I would put them on my prefer list just for the enjoyment factor if that were the case. Even in their current state it was a fun task.

I keep fantasizing about the day they fully reset Runescape.
I do not know if it will improve anything, but the ensuing chaos would be rather sweet.

This statement is such bullcrap, simply because fun is not a facevalue, it is a sum of things.
For those of us that do not utilize Rune Wiki in every occasion, this is still true.
>group content at every step of your progression, little to none single player content
Tell that to all the Ironman players.
>no p2w gimmicks that cheat you out of the aforementioned
Let there be microtransactions, let those who use them fund my gameplay experience.
I do not appreciate things that create in game valuables out of thin air though.
Bonus xp is fine, xp lamps are not.
I want more elements into the game that affect the question "What shall I do today?"

To clarify, the issue is that their health is too low, so they switch shields every time you hit them.

just dual weild range/mage

what should i do now?
just got curses, should i go for prif next? i nearly have the levels

>tfw you can't change weapon stance without using legacy
why is jagex so incompetent

get that invention my dude

>90 herb
>those other stats

buy some more bonds and get your other buyables up

>I keep fantasizing about the day they fully reset Runescape.
It would be cool if that's what "RuneScape Next" is. They're running out of shit to do in the current game world and have resorted to cramming new content into old areas. As soon as they finish off the existing story lines, they won't really have anywhere else to put things to start something new.

What if, after the elder god quest line is finished, they jumped to the turn of the next age ("Next" being the next age) in which the world has changed a lot and we're new characters just beginning our adventures with new quests and a new world to explore?

Who thought it'd be a good idea to put glasses into the game and why were they so right?

>"next age ("Next" being the next age)"

I guess that would work, but it would still be more fun if I had to maintain high dps in the combat style they weren't praying against.

fuck off.

"Next" as in the "Next" specifically out of "Runescape Next"

I literally sperged about this moronic trend of people in this game abandoning the high-fantasy setting and just going full fucking anime/snowflake/furry/.

I just do not get it who are you people and why are you so sick in the head.

>kids on leddit defending loyalty points
nukes when?

perhaps put the (age) next to the runescape next next time

yea i was kinda aiming for it but now i have no money because i bought bonds
lol i just trained it when i had the 2x aura last year and during dxp in the autumn and warbands

why are you on reddit you fucking redditor.

kill yourself.

I am what keeps the game alive

divination makes money
granted two levels probably wont make enough to buy crafting and smithing but its progress at least

>why are you reading the only platform jagex communicates on

>I just do not get it who are you people and why are you so sick in the head.
I think the issue with those people is that they play the game as another social media platform rather than a world to become immersed in. The players I see like that are usually dancing in prif GE talking about IRLScape content.

By ''communicates'' you mean defend their game's faults to no avail? You can easily just check the updates on the main site and patch notes on the forums.

Good point, some of those people are definately whales.

Also this.

the state of the osrs 'chan thread

Good job literally proving his point

How? I'm making fun of him caring about Jagex ''communicating'' through reddit even though they communicate on 2 other platforms with actual relevant information and not embarassing damage control in response to someone pointing out how the latest update is total dogshit.

Dumb forum poster

>people actually defending bots

youtube.com/watch?v=q4-d21MUQAs

>people
nice try bot-chan, i see through your lies though!

There are no bots on OSRS. Mat K said that 95% of them are banned before they leave tutorial island and the remaining ones are swiftly banned.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ae3l_iVLCZQ&t=487s
would you a mod phoenix?

Just made it to Memeaphos last night, what should I do first? I'm thinking rep

delete your account.

Excuse me for grinding my man

brace yourself for disappointment

kek

she's cute af

thank you!
she and mod 'tig ole biddies' mohawk are clearly best jmods

>accidentally click trade instead of examine
>he logs out
S-sorry

>try to login
>account locked, suspected stolen
>panic mode
>reset my password, get 2fa
>login again
>in the same place as before, nothing stolen
Why is Jagex the retards?

how legit is this image?

*blocks your xp gainz*

>trying to do a slayer task
>cant because in 6 minutes caches begin
>after that notice that my ships have returned
>remember that i haven't done sinkholes yet
>oh shit my daily challenges too
>eventually its time to do my daily magic shop and feather collecting run
simply epik

yes :B

>didn't close nxt when I went to bed yesterday
>get booted from the game
>your game session has now ended
Why does Jagex do this?

Grats user! Have you kept track of your previous orbs?

yeah why

>eventually its time to do my daily magic shop and feather collecting run
You had me up until that point. 0/10

I am trying to get a good idea on when uniques start to actually appear in the chest because it makes it easier to tell when I should be expecting to get something
Personally I normally streak to between 600 and 700 but for whatever reason almost all of my drops are always on 300 enrage or less which doesn't really fit with the way the drop system should behave or other people's streaks, even though my overall drop rate (around 1/100) seems to be the common average with most people I know

ill post it when auras up in 50min