/eog/ EVE Online General

>What's EVE Online?
A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth. It's also known as "Space Spreadsheet Simulator" and "NEET Space Gods".

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best). If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself - you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

>Some scrub from a C5 comes into our C2
>Gets one kill on a retarded newbro in a VNI and starts talking massive shit, tells him to bring friends
>We drop 8 battleships in his hole
>They all dock up and hide in their Astrahus for the next 3 hours as we bash their pocos

>05:50:30 1,419,000,000 ISK
is that enough ratting, c-can I go to sleep yet?

So this is how /dog/ dies, huh...

>carriers
>not flying best ship

Thread death due to lack of activity during the less active hours is actually pretty common, even in long-standing generals. I used to frequent the GW2 general back when the game came out and during lulls in which there wasn't much discussion about the game people would often resort to posting random pictures of their characters to bump the thread. Since Eve doesn't really have that "waifu" aspect, or at least not to such a great degree, a 404 here or there can be expected.

Coercer is the worst destroyer.
Heretic is the worst interdictor.

post space waifus

>Coercer is the worst destroyer.
Nah, man. Corax.

What's so bad about it?

How do I know if I have a good enough ship to do these Rogue Swarm alerts?

I'm in a battlecruiser using medium hybrid turrets.

People runs those sites in destroyers.

>ferox

You'll be fine. I thought they were pretty easy doing them in a Vexor so, to see if I could, I made a new Minmatar character, injected Minmatar frigate 1, fitted a Rifter with 3 autocannons, a web, an afterburner, a damage control, and a small armor repairer, and I was able to clear one.

How important is attracting new players, 1-10?

>Jump into system
>Falcon decloaks

>that image
Proof or GTFO

Don't worry the new moon mining will be sure to bring in new players

>le new players meem

Moon mining?

Care to share some info on that?

What's a subcap that would make people shit their pants if they saw it on their overview?

Bellicose

stabber

My Manticore

Sabre with local spike after the bubble goes up

>amarr

>eve online

No, it isn't going to be bringing in any new characters.
It's supposedly going to drag a chunk of moon into orbit, blow up, and miners do their thing. This way the moon mats are spread around among the little guys instead of it going to the alliance leaders.

>le little guy meem
Nice try communist

Iv been fooling around with the idea of living out of an Orca roaming around wspace, tell me how bad it would be.

I would have the Orca account a scanning/scout account and the PvP/PvE account. Id mostly be ganking krabbers or krabbing myself all accounts would have close to max scanning skills incase shit hits the fan and i get podded.

Ideally i would log in the scout/scanning alt and make sure everything is all good for the orca to log in then have the orca cloak up in a safe and start looking for targets in the neighbouring systems. I then have the PvP/PvE account log in and kill things or just run sites with my scan alt watching the hole for any activity.

In the Orca id have an extra scanning frig, a Sabre for dicking around in nullsec, a Gila and whatever else i think of as i go along.

Thoughts?

>Iv been fooling around with the idea of living out of an Orca roaming around wspace, tell me how bad it would be.

It would be extremely painful

I thought about that too but it's too complicated, an orca is only one probe scan
You better do daytrip

Ideally the Orca is only decloaked for 10 seconds on login and 20 seconds in a deep safe that changes every day whenever i need to swap to another ship.

I don't get why you need an orca if you have alts. Just bring a scanning/PVP T3c and a jew ship.

Also, it's gonna be hard to find worthy "targets" with a one man op. People have done this before, but sounds like you're just going through a lot of trouble for very little gain other than MUH TOO AUTISTIC TO JOIN A CORP.

If you end up doing it though, please make recordings and chronicle it. Even though it's an impractical idea and even though it will go up in flames, it's romantic and I would like to see how exactly it unfolds (even long after it is done).

The Orca is so I dont have to go back to empire space for weeks and I have everything I need with me.

But you could just put down a citadel.

The whole point is to be a roaming POS tho.

Why bother roaming when you get new connections every day regardless?

When someone tries to kick down my sandcastle I can just take my sandcastle elsewhere. Also lets me live in someone elses hole and they wouldnt even know it unless I fucked up.

It's far more easier to kill an Orca jumping wormholes than to siege a citadel.

You cant scout a citdal through a wormhole tho.

Scouting is not infallible.

How mind numbing is carrier ratting?

Nothing in eve is meant to be perfectly safe and i would feel much more helpless watching as my citadel dies to a group that wants my wormhole than to lose it by being stupid and jumping it when it wasnt safe to do so.

However iv also thought about setting up a small POS and just taking it with me in a T1 industrial whenever i wanted to move along, but I can imagine how annoying it would be to unpack and pack all the shit up every so often if i was to do this.

>to a group that wants my wormhole

A lot of wormholes are completely undesirable. But suit yourself, I hope you find dank dunks and lots of shekels,

I'd like to see Citadel skins that (entirely new models, not just a reskin) change them into different looking citadels, such as Junkyards or Golden Amarrian palaces etc.

Thanks for the positivity user

cap

recharger

Prophecy

>sov

>wardeccers

>highsec
>NRDS

Wormhole shitters are terrible people

did people stop complaining about nothing yet

Show me on the doll where HK touched you

Just got back in the game after a couple year hiatus I'm just flying an Omen right now what is everyone else up to?

nobody cares about your meme alliance

Why do renters exist when joining TEST is free?
>no strat paps
>no CTAs
>no activity requirements
>lower taxes than Goons
>FREE rorq mining
>they'll form up to save you if you get tackled
>shield only meme cap fleet that doesn't accept armor supers
>just get a Nyx and you can krab 23/7 without anyone bothering you

I've been smashing them in a """pvp""" fit Tristan. Just fit an AB and orbit the beacon, kill everything with your drones.

Then orbit the end spawn and it can't touch you.

I sat at 20k with a Micro on and kept some shield on an armor fit.

>Pressing V ad infinitum
>forgetting to press V for 30 seconds
>get blown up

Lol, I had this same amount and still wasn't enough for 500 PLEX

Is a talocan cruiser can spawn even guaranteed to drop good loot?

Can I just warp to all my scanned down data/relics and look for the can, and fuck off it it's not there?

>Can I just warp to all my scanned down data/relics and look for the can, and fuck off it it's not there?

Yes.

oneiros

no

What's the best guild for newbies?

>

All-Out

>PLEX 1.46b
welp I may be late but guess it's time to finally start making that army of alphas. They'll start bringing in a profit around christmas time.

Eve will be dead by that time.

it's just the summer lull! The numbers will shoot back up! Everyone is too busy being outside walking their dogs and playing with super soakers!

>Flying marauders with empty pods

>flying marauders

>Flying

What are the best new player corps for null pvp?

thanks reddit

Dreddit, Karmafleet, Pandemic Horde, Brave Newbies
Pick your poison.

>Karmafleet

>shilling reddit corps

which of these is the least reddit?

They're all reddit to some degree. Karmafleet and Dreddit are the most reddit.

They are all max reddit.

So any non reddit new player corps?

None

All-Out if you want to play in wormhole space. Which is the best type of space if you don't want to be a dumb cog-in-the-machine nullsec f1 monkey.

>wormhole space

Reminder that the retard who shills his garbage comp as All-out, isn't actually in All-out. All-out died.

t. Kainar

>nullbabbies would rather have new players alerting them of NEUTRALS IN LOCAL and do nothing for 6 months than have them be a part of their own marauding WH dunk gang and making dank ISK with low SP investments

Makes you think

Fuck off Kainar.

You can stop samefagging, autist.
>omg how dare they insult my alpha sweatshop. I wonder what my ccp shilling guidebook says about that.

>sweatshop

lel

Oneiros

>tfw u get the ping and the fleet ends up standing down

Karmafleet or ASCEE. You can still move to meme space later if you so desire.

BRAVE

>Lachesis
>Latch-i-sus

I'm both ironically and unironically interested in joining Brave or Karmafleet.

What's ASCEE?

don't give attention to ascee