/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #797 - Super Ultra Mega Gay edition.

>Link CompilationSonic NewsDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-kE9BR24XIw
youtu.be/HsT2FiajyLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2IGIIOlfwZo
youtube.com/watch?v=8vYCWi_DfUo
youtube.com/watch?v=I63MeBAao10
youtube.com/watch?v=ta0k8jL0Ido
youtube.com/watch?v=Vr_NAR5-L8s
youtube.com/watch?v=OmVOEV29bIk
youtube.com/watch?v=easbubNWn84
youtube.com/watch?v=et9F9V0HqZo
youtube.com/watch?v=lPr0NEB-9hw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's your least favorite Sonic game /sthg/?

Every Sonic game

[your favorite game]

Fuck Sonic.

In this thread it is revealed that we were all faggots the entire time!

Lost World.

Even the shittiest Sonic games have some redeeming qualities or at least good concepts. Lost World has nothing. The controls suck, the design sucks, the bosses suck, the wisps suck, the plot sucks, the visuals suck, even the goddamn music sucks.

how wrong is it physically possible to be?

let me guess, your favorite game is adventure

Adventure was a good game senpai.

no, it wasn't.

How can a man have such bad taste?
The adventure games were awesome.

06, simply because people somehow think there's things worse than it even on a technical level. No sonic boom, while abysmal, was not worse than sonic 06. sonic 06 had loading screens that literally took up ten percent of the game time.

sonic 06 is annoying, it has some of the worst designed boss fights in the franchise, if you get a game over you're kicked back to the title screen, silver the hedgehog is as slow as molasses, the ball puzzle is god awful, the mach speed sections are bullshit, the story is god awful to a painful degree especially involving Elise, the dialogue has NO intentional value to it, there are mandatory time wasting side quests, OMEGA RUNS FASTER THAN SONIC, and to top it all off they had the nerve to call it sonic the hedgehog as if this were to be some crowning achievement worthy of surpassing the original.

I'm fucking tired of people saying any mediocre game is worse than 06. Hell I'm upset if you call a moderately bad game worse than 06. Unless a game is PAINFUL TO PLAY, DULL, DRAGS ON TOO LONG AND HAS ATROCIOUS CONTROLS/PHYSICS... it's not worse than 06.

Answers I might accept: "Superman 64, bubsy 3d, charlie's angels, aquaman battle for atlantis, megaman x6 and x7, jake of the 99 dragons, too human, that game they made you make in your programming class that you accidentally turned into an infinite loop requiring a reboot of the computer, bad ratz, knifey spoony, a computer virus, the quest for not catching aids, watching your mother die of cancer slowly before your eyes, find the hay in the needle stack, final fantasy all the bravest, final fantasy the spirits within, final fantasy mystic quest, I can't believe it's not final fantasy, desert bus, wwii shower simulator: Jewish edition, I've run this joke into the ground part 8, thank god for the character limit...

Yes, I'm more than a little bit bitter.

Hi Sparky.

>mania is still 2 months away
>but every day that passes we get closer to forces releasing and it being shit

Monkey paw sonic edition

Sadly no, I'm not sparky, I'm just someone who goes way too far for a joke. I know that doesn't sound like much, but I did that intentionally.

>Unless a game is PAINFUL TO PLAY
This is one of my biggest problems with it. I'm more prone to motion sickness in 3D games than most people, especially in first person games or third person games from the 5th gen. Sonic 2006 is one of those rare third person games from the 7th gen that actually makes me physically ill to play for longer than an hour.

Sonic Boom. Sonic Colors and Generations managed to earn a sliver of respect for the franchise again, and while Lost World wasn't great, it wasn't like we were sliding back to a string of terrible games.

Then Sonic Boom happened.

Fuck me raw running down a hill with rusted razor wire if Sonic Boom didn't fucking happen.

A perfectly average - maybe just mediocre - game ruined by a string of events that doomed it to discount bins and memes. Now no matter how good future games are the franchise is pretty much still cursed.

Cartoon was alright though. Just wish the game was given a LOT more time in the oven.

youtube.com/watch?v=-kE9BR24XIw
ten minutes forty seconds

FUCK I forgot sonic genesis, that GBA port of sonic 1 that also came out in 2006... it was not a good year for the hedgehog.

I'm with you. It was one of the first sonic games or game in general that made me just drop it after I lost a ton of lives to a single section in Sonic's Kingdom Valley due to how buggy it was. Up until that point, the bugs went from funny, to annoying, and then aggravating. It slowly broke me until that point.

At least we got Sonic Riders which I DID enjoy. Still upset Free Riders killed any potential sequel.

lost world is really really good though. genuinely the first 3D sonic that isn't a stinking pile. it actually has real gameplay.

That was a dumb video, and he even kind of cops to it during the Heroes section.
But I'm not going to try to sit here and tell anyone that Sonic Adventure is actually a good game. I have so much nostalgia for it, and I think that the Adventure games do some things right gameplay wise that games since Unleashed don't, but Adventure really isn't that good.

Sonic 1 GBA is such a gem. youtu.be/HsT2FiajyLQ

Flynn is writing part of Forces, so....at least we might perhaps maybe technically get a good new villain out of it.

Infinity looks like Flynn's MO.

>That music.

How foolish I was thinking that Sonic Chronicles was the worst offender in the music department.

I wish Buddy was my buddy.

he's perfect for you. nerd.

I want to bully Buddy

He's Sonic's new best buddy now.

Post yfw you realize Buddy would never be your buddy

>What, are we some kind of Suicide Squad(tm)?

Wow seriously Sega?

>watch a SM Green Hill Zone playthrough
>notice there are not only the giant Emerald rings, but also the S2-style checkpoint swirling stars at 50+ rings
Sweet!

I'm still kinda mad we didn't have Boom Sonic.
>Sonics from different dimensions
>Enerbeam whip for the weird whip thing Buddy has
>A chance for Boom Eggman to shine
>Sticks available
That being said, if Graff is still on the writing team, we'd have Boom Sonic butchered too.

It's for the best. Even if the Boom games were successful, SEGA probably wouldn't know how to incorporate and diversify Boom Sonic well enough to justify equal billing.

youtube.com/watch?v=2IGIIOlfwZo
Reminder that Mania's OST will be the fucking best.

I bet boom Sonic was the original idea but then they saw the reaction to boom and changed it.

>another homo thread
Well, you go on a road trip with these guys. Who will you slowly form a loving, romantic relationship with during your journey?

not even gay, but tails without question

You realize you're stealing him from Zooey, right?

Gays confirmed for the new brony cancer, except containing them is illegal because reasons.

>Who will you slowly form a loving, romantic relationship with during your journey?
Pic related. Rouge is unreliable, Amy is autistic, Cream is underage, Sticks is crazy, Blaze is boring.

>underage
>crazy
>bad

>The state of your taste

>super ultra mega gay edition
Ok, there's "I kinda wanna fuck Tails" gay.
Then there's "I wanna fuck the shit out of Tails" gay.
And then there's "I'm so gay I want Tails to stop bottoming and top me instead" gay.

But that OP image. I can't describe how gay that shit is.

Would you say it's Super Ultra Mega Gay?

So cute, who's the artist?

Also, who's the artist for this image?

>I'm so gay I want Tails to stop bottoming and top me instead
Impossible. Not even Klonoa can make him top. Power bottom, sure, but never top.

Oh, I wouldn't be too sure user. It's already happened. Twice. In my dreams.

It was glorious. They were wet dreams both times. I was getting fucked with the viciousness of Shadow, and with the intensity and speed of Sonic, but in Tails' body. I woke up feeling like I'd run a marathon, shit was special.

>even the goddamn music sucks.

youtube.com/watch?v=8vYCWi_DfUo
youtube.com/watch?v=I63MeBAao10
youtube.com/watch?v=ta0k8jL0Ido
youtube.com/watch?v=Vr_NAR5-L8s
youtube.com/watch?v=OmVOEV29bIk
youtube.com/watch?v=easbubNWn84
youtube.com/watch?v=et9F9V0HqZo
youtube.com/watch?v=lPr0NEB-9hw

I really hate to tell you this, but you're wrong.

consider suicide

Half of these songs are terribly forgettable. The oher half are the ONLY good songs in the entire Lost World OST.
>Honeycomb highway
>Sea Bottom Siege
>Silent Forest Act 1
>Dragon Dance
And let me add
>Cubliclated

>getting fucked by what is a horrifically anatomically incompatible shape to a human, and bearing in mind it's a meter tall, possibly less
>with a largely circular head and hands bigger than his waist
>with the mind of a 12 year old

I don't want to know what's in your head son.

Aw, come on, how are the first Windy Hill and Sky Road tracks not memorable? The ones you list are the best, though.

However, Cubliclated and everything else in Hidden World except for the Tornado level can go fuck themselves.

>"An American! There's an American among us!"

What nationality is Rouge considered as?

Estonian.

Rouge is laying down on her back, with a supportive pillow under her neck to keep her head level. Her ears are then filled up with water to the brim.
Would you drink it?
me too

"What if it was a Sonic general, but everyone just gave up"

Is there a version of the image with every villian lazily photoshopped already on the internet?

Which one is supposed to be Classic Shrek?

There's one from this thread.
Last update I have is scratch and grounder, not sure if more were made since.

Thank you, I knew it had to exist.

>Look at all of those Eggman's robots!

>blaze
>second largest pair of tits

I used to believe that this was the last decent place online to discuss Sonic
It has steadily become one of the worst

Amy and Cream have none because they're little kids, not sure about Marine.

You poor sap

>Amy
Explain this then.

There's always Reddit.

You can thank the shipfags and actual furfags for that

>shipfags
>actual furfags
You mean 90% of this general?

Posting gay/sexual/lewd/etc stuff started as a joke but of course people had to run the joke into the ground. Now every thread is focused on this trash. I'm not against people liking this stuff but I wish it would stay in /trash/. Our general is fairly small and I always worry about people getting annoyed with the constant gay shit and leaving.

Goodbye, user?

It used to be a lot less before the beginning of this year. I don't know what happened but the shipfags took over at some point. I've been on this general since the beginning and honestly it's never been this bad

>it's never been this bad.
This general has had far worse days, than shipfagging & yaoifagging. If people stayed despite the constant shitposting from /trash/, the anti-drawfag shitposting, the comicfag vs. anti-comicfag shitposting, etc. I don't think this stuff is gonna drive anyone off.

That wasn't me. I like Sonic 06.

What? Why?

THAT'S HOW IT STARTED

IT COULD NOT DO

IT COULD NOT DO

IT COULD NOT DO

IT COULD NOT DO

THE LIES INSIDE YOU

Some journo should have asked Iizuka this, it makes too much sense.

IT WOULD NOT DO

Eh, I just do. I mean, I know it's a "bad game" and all, but.... many years ago, I remember really wanting to get the game despite knowing about the flaws, and then I finally got the game, and played it all the way through. Despite all the glitches, bugs, obviously unfinished stuff, stuff that frustrated me, and so on, I still like the game. I like the gameplay, the story, everything, although I know it should have been way better.

I don't have Sonic '06 anymore, though. I lent it to a friend a few years ago... and I never got it back.

Unfortunately it's constantly changing and it goes from bad to good and then back all the time.

THAT DWELLS INSIDE YOU

it's literally one faggot doing it. one.

Then what would happen to us if there were TWO?

fagpocalypse

Guys holy shit Sega is an anagram for Sage

>sega will never EVER show a different modern stage from forces

How does this make you feel?

>make a single joke post
>get banned for 3 days
>make a string of troll OPs
>nothing

Quality moderation you have there, swatbots.