/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and teaser:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
[YouTube] A Stranger Journey Awaits in Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
[YouTube] Nintendo Switch: New Shin Megami Tensei Teaser

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/NqLRYf5n

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc. translations
pastebin.com/pgEWmYfH

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uY68yhCcGOU?t=14m20s
amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4775314653
youtube.com/watch?v=yN6mVBRypVA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Toki is shit.

oh thank fucking god! I thought /smtg/ will forever be drowned in apocalypse

and great, another Toki general

Which thread?

This one

reminder

So yeah, was there another book with Kaneko's work in it? Not sure what Demons Bible is.

I cry for smtg when a human "waifu" is the OP.

we're REALLY heading to the waifu route?

u want lewd Toki? here
youtu.be/uY68yhCcGOU?t=14m20s

I fucking hope not.

I'm playing SMT IV: A on Apocalypse right now. Is playing a STR build ever going to actually be interesting? The constant misses, and +/- 40% damage taken/received makes STR feel like a huge chore in what's already a bit of a slog due to misses.

Meant to say +/- 40% taken/dealt, but yeah.

SMT sucks.

I disagree.

>Apocalypse
>constantly missing
That sounds about right. Apparently it gets better but I'm not too sure, haven't done an Apocalypse game yet.

Throw some more Ag into your stats.

>start polaris fight
>take a step forward
>get blasted by like 10 hits from across the map

Kaneko Art Works Vol. IV releases today.

amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4775314653
Has it been 9 years since Vol. III?

>Throw some more Ag into your stats.
lol

>Not having Devil Flash/Winged Flight and True Phantasm on basically every party

Unfortunately, both IV Apocalypse and DeSu brought all the shitty waifuposters to this general. Moreso DeSu 2. If the next SMT goes the same route, we're going to be at /pg/ leves.

Fags/fujos getting triggered over nothing are always funny.

>imolying waifuing demons is any different

I'm broke

Can Demonee-Ho work as a phys/gun attacker at the same time for Twisted Tokyo?
I don't think I can grind enough incenses to train two more demons.

No reason it shouldn't work. Even the lv900+ Fiends aren't THAT strict to kill within 10 turns if you have maxed stats and optimized skillsets.
I'd prioritize Gun on Demonee-Ho since his unique is by far the highest damage you can deal to Trumpeter but you should have a couple slots left over to make him at least passable on phys skills as well

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Akasha Arts, Blank Bullet, Charge, High Gun and Phys Pleroma, and maybe low Gun Pleroma.
Maybe Gun Pierce and Enduring Soul in the filler slots.

What kind of teams do people do TT runs with, anyway?

It's been a long fucking time but I think I had Cleopatra as support/DPS, Alilat as pure support, and then depending on the fiend either Demonee-Ho for gun or Inanna for magic damage
If you only want to raise a single team I'd probably drop the support/DPS and just include both a dedicated magical and physical DPS in the lineup

>MC isn't the Jersey Devil
>Demon waifuing faggots mad when people don't want a chick who's into vore

I want Tokifags gassed

DeSu 3 with more Yasuda waifus plz

This.

If I'm doing a physical build in SMT4 am I putting all the points into Str or Dex? I heard something about Str only affecting the basic attack while Dex powers up the physical and gun skills.

DEX

Please don't trigger the DeSufags. We don't need more shitposters shitposting.

Focus on Dex while upping Agi and Luck.

Nothing wrong with demon waifus.

Waifus are all nice and good unless it's /pg/ level of waifuing

I'd wager that DeSu posters also actively post in /pg/.

Venomous raga or dream raga

>Waifus
>good
I'd wager you're a faggot at that.

I wouldn't be surprised. DeSu is a good mid point between Persona and SMT. DeSu 2 even has shitty pseudo SLs.

How much would you bet?

1 macca

Venomous

You don't seem too confident, or are you poor?

What's the optimal setup for a mixed Healing/Support lv 82 angel?
I'm thinking:
>Light Pleroma
>High Light Pleroma
>Judgement Light
>Debilitate
>Luster Candy
>Salvation or Mediarahan
>Invitation

Angel a slut. She proves that those who preach about virtue are the ones who sins the most

Playing first time poster playing through the finale of Apocalypse
kind of tempted to side with Lucifer. Dude makes a lot of sense desu. How bad of an idea is that?

Flynn is pretty much a gay loser who needs rescueing the whole time and Dagda is the same as the divine powers really. Merkaba was the real evil satan of the game. Luci seems like a chill guy.

Those aren't true endings, so you'll need to boot up your save file and complete the other half of the game anyway.

Might as well side with both to see both of the mediocre endings.

Throw Healing Knowhow in there, it's insanely good in Apoc in particular since items are so strong.

What are you aiming for?
If this is just for the story, then that should work.
If it's for Twisted Tokyo or the DLC's, you'll probably need another safety net in the form of Enduring Soul or Null Mind.

I already have a Item demon but that wouldn't hurt. Is Salvation worth it now that the Amrita effect is Smirk only or is Mediarahan enough? It's not like she'll get Smirks since she'll be healing/supporting essentially.

Story only. I'm saving up Twisted Tokyo for my New Game+. I'd probably put Drain Dark instead of Light Pleroma for TT though. Why Enduring Soul?

The ending more or less proved me right. Flynn ran like a bitch again and then instead of just letting Luci and Nanashi be kings of the world he dragged everyone in to eternal war
Why does Flynn suck so much?

Because that's not Flynn. Fight both of them

One more question sorry I know generals hate randoms shitting up their boards.
Reincarnation restart is for bitches right? I should do new life?

Yeah, Flynn could be a bit of a snake sometimes.

How are you enjoying the game so far?

Oh shit when you posted that I totally just remembered Krishna didn't explode when you beat him.
It's pretty fun I played 4 as well but I didn't beat every ending on that one. On this one I probably will. The supporting cast is way more interesting than just Jonathan Isabeau and Walter. Though even in that game I agreed with Walter more.

Why after nukes Tokyo in SMT1 is just a ruined city while Blasted Tokyo is one big desert? Are nukes in IV stronger or what?

Unlike IV, it's very easy to get all the endings in IVA as there's not really a point alignment system. Although the game does punish you if you decide to choose the opposite choice, according to how you've treated your friends. (I'll recommend treating your friends like garbage, you'll probably get sick of some of them anyway)

But honestly, I recommend doing the ending you want + watch the other ending and maybe its final boss battle on Youtube, because anyone here will tell you the last dungeon is boring to go through.

Because I also wager 10k Magnetite

Pluto fuck things up further

Old Gods tried putting a barrier right? Could've mitigated the damage a bit compared to the lack of masakado.
Maybe Pluto and other godly machines fucked things up further
Nukes could've been stronger.
Maybe just plain old inconsistency.

Would pic related be better as a mixed light nuke and support, than pure support?
The rest of my planned TT team is either a Samael or Alilat doing pure support, and either Demonee-Ho or Inanna being offensive against whatever the current fiend is weak to.

How do we fix SMT?

1. Give back Cu Chulainn's superior design

Make Minotaur fusable in V

>refresh tab from last night and skim the old thread
>dies and gets archived with no new one posted

Fucking hell, I'm afraid to leave you guys alone now.

But do you love me, user?

Hot spring episodes
Lotus Juice vomiting engrish whenever you fight
Yoshitsune wank
And make phys skills cost HP or someshit who cares

>there are people who call him choo choo lainn in this thread right now

but you're posting in the new one??????
i also fell asleep too haha

>not calling him Choo Choo Train

>planning a pure Physical Ongyo-ki
>got the fusions planned up and shit
>Phy Pleroma, High Pleroma, Pierce all ready
>forgot to put Charge in
Fuck my life.

Once I beat smt iv :A I can promise I will never play this fucking game again. The final boss is absolute bullshit. +3 and smirk? Fuuuuck.

>Yoshitsune wank
I'd rather have Siegfried wank or Tokisada.

Or Tokisada being in V alone.

>what is Dekaja
>what is Magaon

Quit being a bitch, Son of Man.

>Magaon
>Dekunda and Dekaja
It's typically not a problem, unless he gets a smirk at the worst time via critical/weakness and you get unlucky.

The bigger issue is MP and Flynn getting kill before you can get decent weaknesses on him. Speaking of War/anarchy difficulty, Conflict he's not really hard.

Haven't played DeSu2, but DeSu1 is great, and none of the girls are even waifu material.

>what is wasting all resources on phase 1.
>what is that dumb ass attack he uses in ohase 1 that take half of the partys mp.
>Phase 2 hits like a fucking semi without buffs and there's no point in lowering his stats since he can +3 and smirk.

apsaras

He's doing all this bs on conflict unless I have a buggy cart.

The fuck are you talking about? Dekaja and Magaon are cheap as fuck and should be your immediate response to Infinite Power.

>there's no point in lowering his stats since he can +3 and smirk

See there's your problem, just cause he raises them back up doesn't mean you shouldn't lower them, I'd try and at least keep one Debilitate on him at all times, and +1 or +2 on your own party.

Apparently, I've never had a demon with magaon. It's too much trouble to refuse and grind my party and I'm burnt out. I guess I'll play something else.

Aside from what said (no wonder why you're having problems), make sure you have things like:
>Doping (always have it in phase 2, phase 1 isn't really difficult)
>A demon with Healing Knowhow or something that can revive Nanashi in the case that he's kill
>Fang Breaker is always useful (phase 1) due to cost efficiency

Also, pay attention to when YHVH is going to transition from phase 1 into 2. When he transforms, the stats are going to be reset for both him and your party. You can use this opportunity to gradually switch your party into another party of demons before this happens, so you'll have more MP to play with.
You shouldn't need to waste a lot of MP during phase 1, especially if you're answering his questions correctly.

Guys like Krishna are useful for (((toot))) if you're having MP problems, as Luster Candy/Debilitate is expensive.

Alciel (68), Angel (12), Aramisaki, Kaiming Shou (41), Knocker (18), Macabre (46), Spriggan (15), Tuofei (32), Wicker Man (39), Yaksha

All these demons can get Magaon. You absolutely should not have an issue fusing something like an Angel to pass the skill onto something else.

Or just grind a tiny bit, teach Magaon to Nanashi if you can't fuse it into something else.

I kinda want to play through again just to finish compendium.
and try some a different build.
stength build was pretty strong. Power punch is one of my favorite additions over 4

I can't imagine trying to finish the compendium. I gave up trying to fuse a Siegfried because luck just wasn't on my side.

I'm really tempted to do a new game+ with a luck build, not sure if I should try Apocalypse difficulty or not. Apocalypse was my first game and I played it pretty inefficiently, so I've been wanting to try it again.

How do people waifu Yasuda characters?

With their dicks.

Waifu means nothing anymore, romance is dead.

Haru is pretty cute. I would try to talk her out of suicide.

I'm surprised too, given how fucking ugly his style is.

youtube.com/watch?v=yN6mVBRypVA

Shit taste.

I hope Yasuda does demon designs in DeSu3.

I fucking hate his faces