Hey Veeky Forums!

Hey Veeky Forums!

Post a pic of your vehicle and explain why you bought it over your other options?

>>>>other options
>VAG shit
>poogeut
as italian migrant it made me feel a bit of home, it was cheap, looks nice and was avaivable. Also worked on Fiats before so I know what to do if something should ever go wrong.

Reason why I chose the Hilux; known for reliability, in very good condition, no noteworthy rust, price was fair (although you do pay more for a truck that is both older, weaker and less equipped than a Navara), good miles, no equipment in terms of ABS, ASR, EGR and all that shit

>Nissan Navara
Engines in them are shit and prone to grenade, frames are now starting to show "universal" heavy rusting, holes and snapping
>Mitsubishi L200
Felt lazy and a bit like they couldn't quite decide if they wanted it to be a rugged offroad-capable pickup or a road-hauler
>Ford Ranger/Mazda BT-50
Very few of them, and they are just nothing special in terms of power, towing capacity and all that. Also tended to be quite rusty
>Isuzu D-Max
Too new, none in my price range that weren't absolutely fucking beaten to shit
>any american truck
Engines are too big and thirsty, capacities way too limited due to how our regulations work, too expensive, and usually in rough condition & with an automatic

and the fact that the Hilux is designed to tackle tougher terrains compared to the others, with more ground clearance, rougher suspension and a lower low-range

>is unique
made only for 2 years 2004-2006
>is econobox
underneath the plastic body it is mitsubishi colt's engine and suspension
>is underdog
people are scared to buy it because "those smart engines don't last" (nope, mitsubishi 1.3 MIVEC) "those smart auto gearboxes are shit" (nope, manuel). Underpriced as fuck 70% of a price of a yaris or jazz.
Also panoramic roof, nice interior, rustproof and sporty. Many of them were equipped with shitty 3-pot diesels and crappy semi-automatic gearboxes so scrapyards are full of replacement parts for any issues.

>manual
>tarbo
>practical as fuck (removable rear seats)
>comfy interior
>good condition
>inexpensive and below KBB
>I like the look

My other options were a Fiat 500 (too small), a Honda odyssey (interior was in bad shape), a Honda Element (fugly), or a Ferd Exploder (didn’t like the handling and it had a bit more rust than I was comfortable with).

It was the last 2016 FiST left in the province and I was getting 3k in discounts and 0% APR on it, while the BRZ was 4% APR and 5k more on top of higher insurance and less features. I actually liked the BRZ a bit more during the test drive but this was the more logical choice.

It has 30k miles and my driving record isn't great also collegefag so saving gas where I can
As my friends have said "it's a fast car but it's a slow mustang"

was only $700, I like troopers because they are kinda uncommon and have a reputation for being reliable, and wanted something that would be good for my /out/ adventures, also it was manual

not bad user, Cruisers get alot of hate from cars guys but for what it is you could do worse

Was 2013, 18yo just graduated high school.

>mom's car died
>both working full time
>parents bought the 00 Focus Wagon I drove
>can afford my own car now because work and getting unexpected grants to school
>split car between us, decide to let her keep the Focus and I'll find my own car
>search, find some good ones, yadda yadda, somehow fell through
>mechanic we use has this for sale, $5500
>01 LeSabre
>42k
>one owner
>fully maintained, mechanic checked and verified everything, fixed all the little shit
>immaculate interior and exterior
>mid level options, all the important stuff
>new tires
>fell in love, scooped her up
>75k miles later and she's never let me down

Surprisingly the only picture I have on this computer, on the left obviously.

Miata is mine too. 528i is a friend's.

Since this is the GT (same as an SRT4), it’s actually way faster than you’d expect, handles quite well, it is easy to tune and has a massive aftermarket.

I needed a new car immediately, had driven my brother's-baby-momma's Optima before that (which she totalled recently) so I knew what to expect, and the Kia dealership got me Zero-down, Zero financing, and zero interest because I have good credit. That and the Toyota dealer pissed me off and the Ford dealer was inbred retarded.

>cheap
>All options
>Smooth Hyundai suspension
>Manuel
>Low miles (10k)
>Good sound system
>Climate control

Here's everything I currently own.
>2000 Toyota MR-S
Cheapest entry into the lightweight midship category. Compared it with NB Miata, but I was looking for something a little bit more hardcore and really wanted a mid-engine car. Also drove and really liked the Lotus Elise as well, but I just couldn't justify $30k for such an impractical car and liked the added top down visibility of a convertible vs. a targa.

>2007 Honda S2000
Got bit by the roadster bug after driving the MR-S for about a year. Bought it because after the relatively floppy chassis of the MR-S the S2000 felt tight as a fucking drum. Bought it over a Miata because I love the excitement of the engine and how well thought out and driver-centric the cabin is. It's tight, but the cabin of the S2000 really is a nice place to be as long as you can fit.

>2005 Subaru Outback XT
I wanted a fun turbo AWD snow car. Bought it over a WRX wagon because there's more cargo space and higher ground clearance. Bought it over an Audi Allroad because Audi reliability. Then of course it blew up after 3 months. Fuck me.

>2005 Subaru Legacy GT
Didn't learn my lesson about the EJ255. Bought it because I love my OBXT so much that I wanted something just like it, but a little sportier. Was getting burnt out on impractical 2 seaters and wanted a sedan. Bought it over a WRX sedan because the LGT looks a lot less boyracer and they were easier to find unmolested. Also looked into the BMW 330ix, but they were difficult to find in manual and imo don't look as nice as the LGT.

Before the winter either the OBXT or LGT are going because insuring 4 cars as an unmarried 26 year old man fucking sucks and I really only need one or the other. Come spring I'll probably also get rid of the S2000 because despite the awesome chassis, engine, and cabin I just didn't ever fall in love with it like I did my MR-S. So I'll probably sell it and invest in chassis bracing and a K24 swap for the MR-S instead.

clean your headlights

>Roughly only 1,200 were made
>Manual
>Engine only has 60k
>4G63T swap
>$800
>Clean interior but awful exterior
>More time to work on it and bond

got the same exact one with all options, put it up for sales today

It was worth 13k at the time and i paid 5k for it

>Relatively low maintainance
>Great looks
>Dat buttery smooth V8
>Not very difficult at all to repair
>Decently priced and in good shape compared to other options
>Memes
>Comfort

I don't regret a fucking thing.

Coilovers SOON™

Wanted something RWD with a bigger engine than my previous 2.0 cars and this was cheap, low mileage and within walking distance from my house. I regret nothing .

Mimi app won't let me add images ffs

Coworker sold it to me for $200 and a cheap PSA AR-15 upper in trade. Runs great, smogged and reg is up to date. Put $200 into new tires and some long overdue service. Should be good for another couple years.

But yeah mostly it was cheap as all fuck and I wanted a backup car.

Forgive my ignorance, is it a colt? Idk much about old Mitsubishi.

>big land yacht
>reminds me of the old LTD Crown Victoria that was my first car
>comfy as fuck
>deluxe appointment with a good radio/backup camera and leather seats
>only 28k miles
>still under manufacturer warranty
>was a corporate lease so it got regular maintenance
>got it for literally half the price of a new identical model

tbqh I don't get why people don't like the new Taurus for what it is.