/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Did not have the moxie to face down a Vicar
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 Patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/212106
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>The Ivory King will never breed your girlfriend

reminder of scaling numbers for DS3

So that you guys can stop asking simple dumb questions

>The Ivory King will never breed your boyfriend

so if i'm understanding this right an E scaling will give you less per level than an A scaling, I thought it would be some kind of softcap thing were E scaling would stop giving returns at 20 or something

>watching youtube videos
>flexile sentries room apparently floods up to waist height
>this happens just 2 minutes into the fight
>never happened to me pnce
>realise all dark souls boss fights are over in a couple of minutes

>My maxed out twink build is struggling against this legitimate lv30 character and this is my last max rank Estus
>I'll just subtly enable infinite poise in the middle of the fight, nobody will notice

How Do you backflip in Dark Souls 3?
Carthus Bloodring + Curved Swords?

This is a common misconception, and I don't know where people get this idea from. None of the souls games have ever been like that, letters were always flat percentages. Maybe because DS2 had softcaps at 20, but DS1 and DS3 do not.

You can look at a glance and figure out in your head (or with a pen an paper) exactly what the optimal level distribution is for any weapon and any level investment, there's no need to even use mugen if you don't want to (though it's usually faster) and asking about it constantly is just a waste.

Example, D/B scaling:

D strength scaling = ~37% more damage
>37% * 2.125 = 0.51% more damage per level of strength (2H up to 40)
>37% * 1.875 = 0.45% more damage per level of strength (1H up to 40)
>37% * 0.075 = 0.18% more damage per level of strength (2H up to 60)
>37% * 0.050 = 0.12% more damage per level of strength (1H up to 60)

B dex scaling = ~87% more damage
>87% * 1.750 = 0.64% more damage per level of dex (up to 40)
>87% * 0.050 = 0.18% more damage per level of dex (up to 60)
>87% * 0.075 = 0.28% more damage per level of dex (up to 80)

which means that dex is better to level up than strength up to 40, and then strength is better than ANY possible investment into dex (even 80 dex) until you reach 40 strength, at which point they become equal, until you invest enough levels to hit 40/80.

So yeah, on D/B 40/40 is better than 10/70. A good rule of thumb I'd found is that you need at least 2 letters of difference in scaling before a weapon is better on pure dex or pure strength. E/C, D/B, C/A, B/S are all better on 40/40 unless you can infuse.

What do you do after you beat the game

CS with the ds1 moveset backflip instead of kicking. If you mean the actual dwgr flip, it's cut content only available with CE

I don't know where you're seeing a backflip. Light Curved Sword moveset has a flip on the kick input, this is not a light Curved Sword. You're seeing the WA.

Co-op, PvP, grind items or start a new character.

If you're sane, go play something else. Maybe look into older from soft titles or buy a copy of DeS.

If you're not sane and take pleasure in endless wastes of time, pvp and NG+.

What are some good ways to spice up a new character run?

beat my meat

SL1, base SL using starting gear, gimmick runs (bow only, caster only) or you can actually roleplay in a roleplaying game and behave like your new character would.

DS3 is the worst game to try and get variety in, but all souls games play dramatically differently if you level up differently. DS2 and DS1 barely feel like the same game, and something like Armored Core will require you to change your control scheme just because you're trying a different weapon.

If you want to spice up a new character, try doing the opposite than what you did the first time. If you ended up with, say, 40 strength and 16 dexterity, aim for 40 dexterity instead.

Why are there so many reused enemies and assets in dark souls 3? Areas like profaned capital just feel straight up unfinished. It's not as though they cut content out for dlc, it's just empty?

I'm half tempted to start a new character, but I always remember irithil dungeon and lose all motivation. Is low level PvP / co op still active?

because like all souls games, it was released half finished and understaffed.

They didn't cut content out for the DLC, they just straight-up didn't finish some areas and left them extremely short. DS1 and DS2 suffered from this problem more though.

The vicars still exist?

does this seem about right?

What's a better faith build, 60 fth caster or 30-40 fth knight-paladinish melee build with buffs and light use of things like lightning arrow?

Father Guzma?

Are you the same autist who did stuff like the school shooter?

Because From finally learned how to make a game with the shit time and budget Bamco gives them.

No but I like him. Don't you ever try to bully him again

I like him, too. He's still a total autist, though.

he can get a little annoying, if i remember correctly he got the Invalid Data for memeing too hard and making some disgusting dragon furry shit

I dunno, demon ruins still felt very different to the rest of the game, how did they manage to make profaned capital a literal corridor to the boss full of reused enemies? And why is everyone ok with this?

He memed too close to the sun

is dragonhead shield a meme or is it worth it?

Every single game in the series after DeS reuses assets from the older games.
Propaned Capital was kinda shit but it makes more sense if you consider it a part of Irithyll Dungeon.

Grind Souls to get a million consumables that you can only buy in a late game. Transform boss souls into weapons/spells. Buy armors and weapons I want, upgrade whatever I can.

Then NG+, pvp or Chalice Dungeons.

>Want to use Gargoyle GH
>Split damage
>less AR than the Great Mace
>Can't be buffed

At least it has a nice weapon ar-
>Can't combo and shit tracking
RIP

Use the spear the weapon art is goat

I know about the spear, but I really wanted to use the Hammer.
Sadly it is outclassed by ANY other hammer.

I was thinking of going through 2 again. Does anyone still play it or is it going to be a barren server?

I'm lv 30 at road of sacrifices. Is now a good time for blue sentinels rewards so I don't have to farm silver nigs later?

You should have started a bit earlier but it's fine too

It's pretty dead. You can still invade though because players can be invaded while hollow, and a lot of people are still playing it due to regular sales and DS3's slowly waning activity.

Just don't expect to actually get pvp or co-op, especially with SM restricting early game matchmaking so much. Play DS2 under the knowledge that you will be playing it for the single player and maybe some brotherhood of blood or mid-game invasion (amana, drangleic, undead crypt) pvp. If you want co-op you need to find a friend to play through the game with you using name engraved ring.

BOY I SURE DO LOVE WHEN I GET SUMMONED AFTER 15 MINUTES OF WAITING ONLY FOR THE INVADER TO IMMEDIATELY DIE SOMEWHERE ACROSS THE MAP AND I HAVE TO WAIT AGAIN TO BE SUMMONED ONLY FOR THE EXACT SAME THING TO HAPPEN AND I NEVER GET MY REWARD JAJAJAJA :DDDDDD

sssssssspic

Not that guy but i've been a dragonfag since i had 250k SM, and all the way to 21m and even now i take around 30 seconds to find people on Iron Keep bridge.

It's a meme bro. I'm in spoidahland, which is probably why matchmaking takes forever

dumb aussie

Intelligent, physically fit, cultured, articulate burgerclap

not that user, but given what I know about aussies and their use of insults, I imagine that's the worst possible insult you can give to someone

Have we gone too far?

How is it so popular i don't get it

Berserk is really popular, especially with souls fans who hear about how many Berserk references it makes.

*gurgles*
*pushes you into a pit*

*gurgles*
*pushes you into an old one*

How else would you know where Guts was from?

Never reply to me or posts again.

That was some real Lovecraft shit right there.

Okay.

Never reply to me or posts again.

*oneshots you with firestorm when you're close to victory*

It floods high enough to kill you.
It floods much fast in ng+, but in ng+ you kill it way way too fast to care.

No, no it doesn't

max height of the water is slow-walk height, it won't kill you.

>whiff lightning arrow
>they roll in for the punish
>lightning stake takes 60-80% off their hp
noice. Any miracle connoisseur willing to give some tips? Also, I'll go for nameless after a few duels, anyone wants to jolly it up?

I want to make a build around Aquamarine dagger.
How shit would it be?
Basically dex swordceries

How the fuck do I get good at Friede's 3rd phase? I learned how to deal with the first 2 but Blackflame can kill you so fucking fast it's going to take ages to learn her patterns

Pretty OK if you just play the poke game. You have have surprisingly long reach with it

Phase 1 is tutorial mode for the melee attacks of phase 3

Phase 2 is tutorial mode for the AoE attacks of Phase 3

Blackflame has only a single new attack (the blackflame combo), the rest are just longer ranged or AoE versions of her basic attacks.

Throw on dark stoneplate ring if you're struggling, it will drop damage you take from the blackflame attacks by about 25-50%.

I have problem with how much STAM/HP can I manage.
I usually go 37 / 40 for dex physical build.
Is 35 a good number if I plan on mostly use the dagger instead of sorceries?

For a lighter dex build, use less stamina, more health. Your lack of armor absorption means you need higher health to compensate, and your low stamina consumption weapons mean you can get away with less endurance.

How much would you recommend?
35 END?
30 END?

Depends on the weapon and depends on your other stats. I wouldn't go much lower than 30 though.

The weapon is the aquamarine dagger and a staff for chip damage
At this point everything is chip damage tho.

I tried it but I don't like it, the WA means you need a WA shield which means you can't parry

So, is anyone for NK? PC

It always helps to remember that she has zero hyper armor on most of her attacks

I usually NEVER parry.
For better or for worse, I never learned.
This is true since DeS for me.
I was planning on changing from bare fist to staff when needed

password?

dsg always. Put signs by the lever

>arena
>opponent eats grass
>buffs up
>receives vestiges to the face
>claps throughout the entire battle
>disconnects upon losing
A real human bean

With Pchain on a SL120 sorceror, you can fit 60 int and 40 dex with 30 end and 40 vig.

Without prisoner's chain, 35 vig and 25 end.

can you get the Scholars Shed Skin helm via CE and equip it like a normal item, /dsg? or do I need to engage in more CE fuckery than just spawning it in

It took me 4 games but i finally realized that there are 3 types of people you summon for bosses.

1)Those that are good and basically don't get damaged and chip out as much boss health as they can.

2)Those that suck and die like retards when the boss still has 80% HP.

3)Mages

>implying I am going to SL 120
SL 90 friendo.
I already got a build set.
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/212106

I am kinda tempted to do it, but I know I will be completely REKT in invasions, so I'll have to rely on magic nukes for it.
Apart from that, I think I'll do fine in 1vs1, but I will miss having poise.

When fighting someone playing aggressively, an unfaltering prayer Lightning Storm will always fuck them up

>pedophile anime watcher
you deserved it

>opponent runs away and spams shit at a distance til the match ends
>points down as its a draw
xd

what are the stat softcaps/hardcaps for dark souls 2?

what makes teh saltiest about cut content in ds3?

>no yhorm set
>not darksun mask
>no void head like herald
>no tracers
>no pontiff set

Deserve what? That shit was hilarious.

holy moly

>no void head like herald
I am salt. It's cut content. There is no excuse.

How much damage do pyromancies do at 20/60 instead of 40/40 INT/FAI?

Is a faith/pyro build viable?

>no ledo set

I get by fine using some miracles at 35/40

>vig: 20, 50
>end: 20 (1 point after that until 99)
>vit: 29, 49
>str, dex, int, fth: 20, 40, 50
>adp: 32, minus 1 for each 3 points of attunement (105 agility)

the scaling stats give massive gains in scaling and defense up to 20

>5: 51
>20: 106
>40: 140
>50: 155

DS2 also has areas where you get less scaling between values, like below 10 or between 20 and 30 are a lot lower than other areas.

To add to this
flyns ring gives you the maximum bonus damage (50) if your vitality is 9 or lower (with the third dragon ring equipped) or 14 or lower (no third dragon ring)

3. It was fun and unique.

Pointiff is bad but honestly i don't care that much. The mask, though...

Darksun mask is a stupid thing to not have and i wonder why.

Who really cares about tracers when Dancer's sword are basically the same thing.

Yhorm's set looks like shit on the character.

Heard you like lightning. Here's a message from your pa

Can someone show me a playthrough of Dark Souls 3 that uses a slow weapon? Basically a greatsword or whatever. I genuinely don't believe you can play through DaS3's PVE with weapons with slow R1s. It's just not balanced for it at all. Enemies are too fast and you often fight them in groups, you need fast R1s. The weapons in DaS1 however were balanced perfectly.

However if I stand to be corrected then by all mans show me a playthrough with few deaths that's using a greatsword or other slow weapon. I feel gimped in this game if I'm not using a straight sword 2bh.

thanks, any suggestions for fun builds/weapons to use? i vaguely remember casting being shit last time I played.

Do you mean Ultras? Greats aren't that slow.