/mcg/ - Minecraft General

Previous thread:
We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/McJty/status/876088845271523333
optifine.net/adloadx?f=preview_OptiFine_1.12_HD_U_A1_pre.jar
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2360685-intermediary-run-minecraft-1-2-5-mods-in-1-7-10
minecraftforge.net/forum/topic/58706-regarding-minecraft-112-and-policy-changes/
pastebin.com/9tWf2CZw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any mods that add custom music for custom NPCS? I wanna add some boss battles with the music stopping when you kill the boss.

Might be possible with command blocks.

What's the best mining technique? I tend to cut 3x3 in a straight like then shuttle over two blocks and repeat.

3×3? Unless you are using a Ticon hammer, your method is horribly inefficient. With a pickaxe you should be doing a 1×2, then move 2 blocks over

But I like big tunnels.

personally i like to dig 3wide, 4 high tunnels, makes digging down (usually with slabs) a bit better

Are railcraft boilers worth using for the rf/t? How much rf/t could I expect for a "maxed out" steam boiler?

I have a single forestry tree farm and I don't know whether to feed the charcoal to railcraft boilers, or if I should just use Thermal Expansion's dynamos.

>pams

Woah the ender pouch is OP for mining trips.

No wonder people use it.

@gre@DUDE

patreon.com/boteserb

I just started a vanilla server with my friends. Are there any good QoL plugins that are recommended?

buildcraft, thaumcraft, witchery, logistics pipes, AE2, iron chests, storage drawers, thermal foundation, ender IO, forestry, immersive engineering, chisel, carpenter's blocks, traincraft, and railcraft.

BetterFoliage, BiblioCraft, Damage Indicators, InventoryTweaks, and maybe FastLeafDecay

so what pack is everyone playing now?

big reactors

Terrafirmacraft

Meant for

I've been looking into them but no tutorials so far. It's a shame.

>want a jetpack
>IC2 and mekanism are gay

am I gonna have to rely on tier 1 jetpacks from simply jetpacks (other tiers are too OP)?

Simple Jetpacks has many problems, and none of them are "being too OP".

being able to fly around at supersonic speed and rendering other modes of transportation worthless is OP as fuck you dumbass. fuck off.

Yes, jetpacks in general are OP. SJ makes them even worse by being microcrafting on top of microcrafting for microftacufty.
Just embrace the IC2, and maybe get IC2 Classic if you don't want to microcrfojamcing. Mek is also OP as fuck.

well obviously there's a subjective element to this but i don't consider jetpacks to be OP period.

the energy/fuel buffer should be small so that you can't spam it, and the jetpack shouldn't be faster than rails so that you're encouraged to build rail networks.

microcrafting is an annoying way to balance things so simply jetpacks sucks for that too.

>set up my base in a snowy biome
>dire wolves up the butt and out the ear
>keep spawning in gated areas
>Keep killing my slaves on my cottton plantation

bouta uninstall them shits soon

>
>179993614
Just search or convert any file to ogg and place it in custom npcs asset file.

>Reddit discovers potato knishes
>They are all like "wow so le random XD"

Yeah, but what I want to do is to have a music that plays when you engage a boss (or when an npc becomes a boss) and stops playing when the boss is dead. Maybe there's a script that does that.

You can have the boss be a bard, but Im not sure if the music stops if hes dead.

Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

Fuck it, ill go back to 1.7.10

newer versions offer suffering with lags and only 2-5 good mods.

I recognize apple milk tea, but what's the rest of this?

The doors look like Growthcraft's bamboo, the signs might be from Economical Milk Tea, and the jumping thing in the distance is from GoG. There's also a weird high resolution texture pack.

MCreator stuff, i made that, it`s just decoration.

techguns

lol haha Centipedes XDD

If you get worse performance on 1.8+ than 1.7.10 then you're probably blind or something is wrong with your PC.

1.8+ objectively improves performance. Anyone saying otherwise is an outlier.

1.7.10 w/Fastcraft > Any meme versions

Please, provide data before spewing bullshit

1.8+ uses less CPU but the RAM usage is almost 3x bigger

>Please, provide data before spewing bullshit
Neither of us have data, but what I do have is expert consensus on my side. Major developers such as Mcjty and Elucent confirm that 1.8+ performs better than 1.7.10.

If you claim otherwise you're probably just butthurt that nobody plays 1.7.10 any more.

Elecunt please go eat a dick.

1.11.2 at this point, I don't think that surprises anyone. Here's why though:
Moreso than 1.10, it feels a lot like 1.7, where everything was interconnected and there was a lot of stuff to do. I spend most of my time farming my garden Rustic herbs and crops, dungeoneering in the Aether, building machines to automate every resource I could conceivably need, and lording over my friend with Astral Sorcery.
When I was playing 1.10 I felt very little compulsion to do any of this stuff, since most of the dominating mods on any server were things I had already played in 1.7, and to stay even the slightest bit competitive with players who rushed DE and Extreme Reactors I had to start hitting endgame Mekanism or AM2. With 1.11 I just don't feel a rush, since stuff really isn't too power-creeped yet.
Just wanted to get that out there. Hopefully 1.12 stays kinda similar. Roots 2 and Embers will be at least a bit more powerful for 1.12 so perhaps they'll offer more lategame variety.

Is elucent actually retarded?

suck my cock dude

>Both FTB shills
You are blind if you cant see the massive amounts of RAM 1.8+ consumes and when confronted the circlejerk was like "lol just get more RAM" instead of actually adressing the problem.
>Is elucent actually retarded?
see his post

Did he actually fucking post that? I don't care how allegedly "interconnected" 1.11.2 mods feel if it has far fewer mods than 1.10. And I bet there's more unique mods on 1.10 than 1.11 as well so that's a funny angle he's trying to take. Note that he doesn't actually give examples of interconnectivity either - he just says he "tries to automate resource production" with allegedly unique mods.

Elucent tries his hardest to justify the 1.11 port. Why can't he just admit that he gambled on 1.11 taking off and was wrong? Why does he have to rationalize it with lies? You were wrong Elucent. Move on to 1.12 and accept it.

What the fuck is wrong with MC's performance?
Setting that issue aside, what's the version with the most available mods, ThaumCraft being one of them?
I haven't played for years so I'm a bit out of the loop.

When people ask me who's in the circlejerk and I name modders they like, they always get butthurt and want me to explain why.

twitter.com/McJty/status/876088845271523333

This is why.

Minecraft isn't the problem, Forge and mods are.

Mojang is retarded, notch was a genius, they fucked everything up.
The more notchcode a version has, the better it runs.
1.7.10 is best for mods.

No, it's both.

kill yourself, tooshit poster

I don't know the consensus here, but how many of you have bought the game?

Bought it back at 1.6.2

Probably the vast majority, since as far as I know most cracked clients are not safe to use.
I personally bought it for me and other 4 people right before the adventure update.

Played Classic, then initially pirated, at some point bought the game for the full price. Today I'm not sure if it's been worth it.

all i'm seeing are devs discussing the merits of the json recipe system

you still haven't explained why

This tower has been in this desert for thousands of years, it was the pride of his people but said people has lost themselves in the shifting sands and their traces were engulfed by the sandstorms and eroded by the harsh sun. Yet the tower remains here unharmed to the passing of time, most think that the tower is cursed while others believe is rather blessed, and its defiance to the passing of time is to prove the existence of a long gone civilization Sorry if this is too gay or wew but Im bad at writing and building the tower inspired me
The tower is the Koutoubia Mosque in Morocco

Got an account for free from a Veeky Forumsbro.

Would be cool if buildings like that generated in the world, with a book or something to tell about its history.

Could be done with Recurrent Complex maybe. It already writes randomly generated poems in books as loot, so something similar could be possible.

used some of the accounts being passed around on /v/ back then
later bought it anyways since it was only $10

Beta 1.7
Right before the cancerous hunger update

Optifine 1.12 A1 update

optifine.net/adloadx?f=preview_OptiFine_1.12_HD_U_A1_pre.jar

Can someone help me figure out why this little shit won't decant? I've watched two videos and read through the book and wiki. What am I doing wrong?

Unmark the cauldron, pick up the golem, and place him against the side of the cauldron.

What good 1.2.5 mods do you know?

minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2360685-intermediary-run-minecraft-1-2-5-mods-in-1-7-10

I have already downloaded redpower.

so why the fuck didn't people just do this for all versions and just settle on (1) version
is it retardation

I love you so much user thank you

too easy, there would be no drama if we could add all minecraft updates in form of mod for some sort of fixed version.
how could we survive without drama?

Oh and also i found an old jp mod with sweet looking stairs.

I bought it back in indev.

Holy shit thats great but what mods were left in that version specifically, my only guess is Thaumcraft 2 and RedPower but since I havent played 1.2.5 yet I want to know what I can use,

How is it even possible to do such a thing anyway?

Anyone else encountered a bug with the enderIO inventory panel? I think I have. I'm pretty damn sure I haven't changed any settings but randomly the item conduit behind it decides to stop extracting items. If I break it and replace, extraction resumes as normal. Am I just stupid and don't realise what I'm fucking up?

What part of trying to convince modders to switch to another pointless Mojang addition comes across as "discussing merits"?

>guys plz do what lex asks plz guys let's keep lex happy plz

That's why.

Recommendations for mods that make survival harder?

TFC

If you want a overhaul, try playing TFC
Otherwise, Zombie Awareness with Hardcore Darkness and maybe Techguns make a great combo together

Hardcore Darkness
Deadly Monsters Grimoire of Gaia

thing is, microcrafting leads to slightly more expensive recipes and can end up reducing recipe conflicts

and don't forget you can minetweak about any recipes to fit what you want

Minefantasy 2

Are there any comfy multiblock mods like Immersive Engineering

Magneticraft is really cool imo. I went IE for "early game" power, shat out a water wheel in an hour or so and haven't needed to expand my setup at all.

Decided I was going to go through magneticraft for quarrying, so it requires the pumpjack to pump oil, a transportation system for said oil, an oil distillery (multiblock) to heat the oil, a refinery (multiblock) to refine it into natural gas, a polymerizer (multiblock) to turn that into plastic. All because the Miner block needs 4 plastic sheets. All would taken even longer if I went through the mod's native power system. There's tons to build :)

Is Ars Magica 2 supposed to have spell casting sound effects?

Shit is real limp without sound effects.

>minecraftforge.net/forum/topic/58706-regarding-minecraft-112-and-policy-changes/
>

Doesn't seem too bad desu

Besides Mojang being huge retards AGAIN and completely fucking every mod and the entire Forge to add >json recipes

>sadly coremods are still a thing
Yeah, sure is, I really do wonder why nobody wants to work with Autismus Maximus.

I keep hearing wierd fast paced snorting sounds when i go near this ravine (or underground in general).

What mod does this and how do i turn it off?

Zombie Awareness for sure

Thanks user

lol what the fuck, he's trying to squash core mods

this has always been lexfatass's wet dream to forever cement his job security as Forge Warlord

pastebin.com/9tWf2CZw

TechReborn for 1.7.10 seems to have a problem, can anyone explain it?

TechReborn is a broken mod in every single version it is in, stick to IC2/Greg

>IC2/Greg
I'd rather have one mod than ten, thanks.

Why is Lex trying to destroy modded Minecraft again?

jews tell him to and it makes him feel powerful
he's very narcissistic
lex comes from alexander the great and his middle name alec

>TechReborn is a broken mod in every single version it is in
Yes and this boggles my fucking mind.

Why does it even still exist in this state?

hol up

>lex comes from alexander the great and his middle name alec

His "ask me anything" was cringy as fuck.

It's a new version and he's being backed up by Curse shills and lebbit this time. He's unstoppable.

>I have made no secret, FastCraft is one of the thing we had in mind coming up with these policies. It's a obfuscated coremod that harms more computers than it helps. And the author is an ass when you try and understand it. Even going so far to threaten to sue you multiple times if you even THINK about looking inside it.
>FastCraft is cancer on the community, People need to stop using it.