clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Cram in completely unbalanced civil era tech here:
mwomercs.com/civil-war

Stab your spear you filthy tribal:
mwomercs.com/javelin

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=90&l=8854c6da0b454cccc0a210070998e206665503d0
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=90&l=edba7e6dbd42d820d3acb694b67df30411f8dc29
kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/?p=74f21d09-5376-11e7-ae4c-d7df5365bf9b&s=Weapons
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=90&l=4cf389be29ebc58f1975e41cb04ee24ad57f46ba
youtube.com/watch?v=rZ3dKXRCEXc
mwomercs.com/profile/name
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're nerfing my 2 favorite IS mechs that were not OP by any measure. Fucking faggots.

>fucking up the mx90
>black knight nerfs

I guess it's time to remove all my spls from my linebacker and ram it full with srms instead.

inb4 srm nerf

Suck feces through a straw, nigger spheroids. Piggy ruining the game for everyone.

>comming from a clam nigger

how does the cspl and your assault nerfs feel?

Like I don't have to rely on welfare quirks to do good. :^)

not now kakos

you never did good though

At least you get Sensor range quirks? They need to add more interesting things like the Cyclops enhanced sensor range for people that are near one.

But yeah it's shit.

>trying to fix HPG manifold Incursion

Incursion Mode

Turrets have been added on top of the walls directly surrounding each Team Base to prevent sniping of key Base elements from those areas of the wall. These special Turrets are equipped with 4 Clan Medium Pulse Lasers, and will only engage Enemy 'Mechs if the 'Mech is on top of the wall and can acquire line of sight to key Base elements. These Turrets boast significantly inflated Health values, and are functionally invulnerable.

These Turret additions for HPG Incursion are less to do with the addition of the new lanes, and more to do with requiring a direct base incursion to attack the Enemy Base on HPG.

>tried to jump the wall and engage their base?
>trying to shoot the enemy team from the wall with your locked jump jet mech?
>haha fuck you, only ground pounder skirmish now

>nerf cspl to 4 fucking damage
>DON'T REMOVE GHOST HEAT WHEN THE IS SPL HAS NONE EITHER
Thanks Mudslimenada

Some things just never change.

Also you got to love piggers balancing cERPPC based on the splash damage and nerfing it based on that, when they should be giving it real stats and balancing it based on that. Fucking utter retardition.

wow, i mean, lurms are shit, but failing to dumbfire a stationary target that's exposed?

you can't do it with the gens 1-2-3 around omega, because they're armoured, by lurms will hit whatever your crosshair is on when dumbfired.

(i have done this even to retard traders and seen it done by others) let alone gens if something is an easy target, you don't even need missile lock on it

>mfw asshopper went from 14 bonus leg structure to 1 bonus leg structure.

it's easy. when you conga line the gen, lurm shitters can just shoot at w/e their cross hair is on and the missiles will go there, so you just unload lurms along with your other weapons in an alpha when they're all in range as your part of the conga line.

>yfw the most egregious retardation of the lurm shitter is their utter inability to actually USE their artemis'd missiles

>implying the enemy is ever even going to see grasshopper legs

They have changed though. They're no longer specific to an exact weapon system but to a category along with the skill maze.

>tfw Daniel could stop the boat from being stolen, but has gotten lost in the cargohold.

>balancing the game for rectal shitteroid tier 5 potatos
I hope everyone's ready for 500% more clan erll snipers, pepsi and gausspepsi after the patch because that's all the usable weapons they have left.

Russ has hated sml/spl since beta, he lost his shit when people were running around in hunchie boats spewing pink death. Pretty sure that was also what got the spooky heat ball rolling too

>size nerf
>spoopy heat
>mobility nerf
>CSPL nerf

And old men STILL complain about clan lights

>more brawl nerfs so shitters can stand back and snipe

>canuck negroid worshipping cuckold can't design a video game to save his life
>is surprised and gets angry because players work within the limits of the nonsensical system they make

canucks DESERVE to get population replaced by chinks and mozlems.

>implying clams ever played anything else.

it's not like clamtards actually play brawl anyway.

>brawling topic comes up once more

inb4 that one tard claiming legging isn't brawling

we get it, you go to /pol/

So now that clan lasers are dead. Are we going to see even more srms and goosepepsi?

thanks m8, now you have done it and attracted a fucking cuck leaf right here

They're literally doing the laser fuckings to make the micro and heavy small lasers meaningful when they're added.

Not that PGI isn't retarded anyway, but attempting to shuffle energy weapons around this badly is because they're sticking a bunch of new ones in and want people to use them.

Yes.
More lights with med lasers and mpls too, but overall less lights anyway.

I think I am going to get a Victor as a smol jumping Atlas.

XL
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=90&l=8854c6da0b454cccc0a210070998e206665503d0

STD engine
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=90&l=edba7e6dbd42d820d3acb694b67df30411f8dc29

Skills
kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/?p=74f21d09-5376-11e7-ae4c-d7df5365bf9b&s=Weapons

Is this a decent build setup or fucktarded?

Forgot to mention, ignore amor values cause I was lazy.

Both work really well.

XL engine can maneuver itself and keep closing the distance for brawls, while STD engine build relies on surprising its opponent.

Except they've gotten stingy for it. So while that quickdraw may have originally had 10% for LRM10, its now like 5% across the board or some shit.

True and the belief is that you skill maze for that last 5-10% but the goal is player agency and not PGI adding a specific GOTTA HAVE LRM 10 you loser quirk.

>XL

>in an IS Assault

Are you fucking HIGH?

You can easily do it, you just need not to suck and reveal yourself too early.

Oh good, I still remember when the Victor was a piece of shit. The missile and AC quirks plus the armor made it look decent finally.

Its a fat Heavy

>niggyr, mad 2c and ebin jag escape the engine niggerification that was basically just a way to nerf specific clan mechs to the ground after they position changed themselves into no more negative quirks
>next patch niggyr and mad 2c mobility specifically nerfed and ebin jag and mad 2c nerfed by energy reshitterpiggening

>clan shit hitreg random bukkake missiles
lol
>goosepepsi
Yes, a lot.

you don't put an XL in anything with easily deleteable sides.

only clam IIC's get away with because clamtech

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=90&l=4cf389be29ebc58f1975e41cb04ee24ad57f46ba

JJ's are shit now anyhoo, so just be a tiny fatlus

>that one guy who doesn't know about the victor

it's like you're shit or something

why did they sell my fucking mechs

It's like you're a retard who cannot even look at a mech and size up it's side deletion capacity.
each of those sides alone is bigger than the ct.

Typical LRM player

youtube.com/watch?v=rZ3dKXRCEXc

>he still doesn't know why xl is used on a victor

Gotta say, did not expect the Victor to run as hot as it does but jesus I can rip fuckers in half. Damn shame about the engine desync, the fat XL would have been some ridiculous mobility.

Plays a bit like a slower Shaq-2K.

I think its time for me to quit playing MWO for a while or a least months after the cluster fuck civil war update goes live. Perhaps they will fire these retards at some point and the game can be somewhat fun again.

Probably just kidding myself.

IS ER Large Laser

> Cooldown duration increased to 3.4 (From 3.25) AKA completely irrelevant
> Duration reduced to 1.1 (From 1.25)
AKA time to buy a grasshopper

the victor would be ok it if had torso ballistics or missiles, the problem is that its arms are so far apart you spend most of your time shooting the wall or friendlies

But it does have torso missiles?? Just gotta corner peek like a champ for the arms and when brawling it really doesnt matter. So far its been pretty fun and the only reason I die is because I get way too aggressive and over extend.

>using your fast torso twist to shield...

>with the side your srm bombing cluster is in

>or the arm your giant ac20 is in

You put an std in and shake shake spread the dmg over everything.

not an xl derp

Is trying to balance IS and Clans a losing proposition? I mean, PGI is trying to keep everything sort of in line with the lore, but the lore says that clans just have a distinct technological advantage.

Wouldn't it be better to just dispense with the bullshit and just balance around new dynamics that are easier to manage?

These laser changes seem pretty shit, literally higher heat per second, lower heat efficiency, and lower DPS. So I can't even fucking mount ballistics effectively on my clan mechs, and now all my small and medium lasers are going to be shit too?

Did I miss something where clans were completely rolling the CW map over and over? Because it literally doesn't matter in PU games.

>Not putting it all into that ballistic arm and dumping hard angle shots before running away like a bitch.

I've come up with at least 3 methods they could use, two of them being more engaging in the name of the faction map. The third would literally make people play CW 24/7 and would have been more than just a bar that fills up like I said it would.

I have this strange feeling that PGI is gonna make or break with MW5, it'll either save them face and put them on solid ground or they'll just crumble hollow like the twin towers.

The changes are completely fucking unnecessary and they've gone full tier 5 inner shitteroid lurmtard logic with the constant clan nerfs. And it's never going to stop because the IS side in faction play is populated by roleplaying potatos and the clan side is populated with more players who don't use steering wheels, so the shitter spheroids will keep crying about clans being op while getting stomped by premades, and piggy will keep pulling retarded shit like nerfing uacs without reducing projectile counts, engine delitization and now energy re """"balancing""""

Should I just give up on Clan and go IS?

I'm getting ready to buy a new set of 4 mechs for a drop deck, and I wanted to go Clan. It seems like I'll be forced into a narrower and narrower set of actually functional builds if I go clan and don't want to be a potato though. PPC+Gauss is ok sometimes, but it's just not that fun to play all the time.

>bring 3 ebon jaguars + scat
>laser vomit all day
???
PROFIT

My man, are you willingly going to put yourself in the loony house? You do realize that once you go spheroid your teams'll be plagued by retards 24/7 do you?

>He didnt hear about the laser gutting

Honestly you might as weel replace them with 4 6 medium pulse linebackers since its the only weapons that stayed equaly as good.

LPLs +Mediums will still be okay

If you go IS you can just bring 3 ERLL Asshoppers and an Enforcer or something

Atleast ppc and gauss will still be good, and erll might actually not be a tickling searchlight with the beam duration reduction.

W O W Z A

>tfw goose pepsi masterrace rises again

>implying goose pepsi hasn't always been for shitters who can't drive AND shoot at the same time and cannot actually fight their mech so always have to be beyond the engagement range of anything that could possibly scratch the paint on their mech let alone actually damage it.

>implying goose pepsi retardation hasn't been stale meta for ever and ever because it's the only thing apart from being a lurm shitter that the old gold men can even do 1/3 as good as a diseased gibbon with cerebral palsy

>that one guy who still is buttflustered about goose pepsi

this level of denial is outstanding, I have never, ever seen one of those old man armchair generals 50 y/o stale potatos play pepsigoose, the sole idea of having to aim a charged proyectile that has a travel time is to daunting for them.

What's the current clan drop deck max tonnage?

240. You know you can check these things in-game yourself.

t: Davion lurmie Starlord Jimmy Joe Jr. of HHoD

240 I'm pretty sure.

I know this is probably retarded, but I like to bring 4 different mechs instead of just multiple variants of the same model. It suits my autism. Was currently thinking laser TBR, laser EBJ, an SHC, and... Don't know. Either that or drop the SHC for something lighter to squeeze in an MDD.

> are you willingly going to put yourself in the loony house?

I mean, I currently play 90-95% PUG, can it really be worse than that?

Yeah, there's always that to fall back on I suppose. Doesn't make me happy about it. A little variety is always nice.

Agreed, over everything I have ever read from the old men they want a game that is completely random. Where everyone gets participation points and everyone is a super kerensky and trading fire between two mechs point blank last 10 minutes.

They want tabletop to be what the game is like, but sadly its not mechwarrior. Nor is it anything sane either, these old men have even developed their own canon from their small group of friends table top game experiences.

Joseph Mallan believes that an M2 browning which weighs in at 80 lbs is comparable to a 1000 lb GAU-8. He often refers to all machine guns in the lore as being .50 cal while the fucking source material has referred to mech machine guns as being 20 to 30mm.Even the fucking feed system and ammo and weight are comparable to real world.

A fucking 100 round belt of 50 cal is 35 lbs compared to the god damn 1/2 ton value of 100 rounds of machine gun in mechlab WHICH JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE THE WEIGHT OF A M61 OR GAU-8 FEED SYSTEM WITH AMMO.

that's why they droup in full 12 mans of
>everyone brings pepsi goose

>and stands 2 k away plinking away for 1/4-1/2 dmg at the same target until it dies.

i have seen FAR FAR more pepsi goose shitters than actual players who are up in the fight and in danger, using their weapons for full dmg and deleting specific parts etc.

the sad fact is shitters are an infestation in the game, and refuse to ever change or get better, or be useful. they demand everything be as shit as them, that's why things like brawl keeps getting nerf'd. because it's something they just cannot into, therefore they hate it and want it to die.

You're thinking of the tryhards,

i love how piggy have decided ALL AUTOcannon are actually smoothbore howitzers

and there are millions of them. they suck so hard, so they jump on the stalest of metas, fail at it and then cry they don't get continuous 12-0 stomps.

>this is why you drop with ISEN's patented BRAWLWAVE and go seal-clubbing stomp all over their faces.

they stop playing for a day or two after that.

>It's a SPLs on polar lurmlands episode

Damn you are one delusional fag.

>the sad fact is shitters are an infestation in the game, and refuse to ever change or get better, or be useful. they demand everything be as shit as them
>complain about gauss ppc builds
>describe IS whiners who are responsible for position changing out of real ppc damage, dropdeck tonnage changes, engine shittering, ultra jamcannons and now killing clan laser vomit and every mech that uses cspl
I hope you enjoy even more gauss ppc and erll plinking, because that's what you'll get now after piggy finishes yet an another round of catering to steering wheel lurm atlas potatoes.

tryhards roll over people with spls linebackers though

legend has it if you write goosepepsi in /gerg/ 3 times butthurt will ensure and the buttblustered goosepepsi user will show up

i hate polar lurmlands.

>even when i got a match where i was somehow able to sneak my Onion Knight (Oni-K) mini atlas up the flank of a team of pepsi goose and lurm shitters with 4 other brawlers and delete all of them for a 12-3 stomp that got me 5/6 kmdd's and almost 2 k dmg.

I still hate it. just like alpine, it's a big open COLD snipe fest. at least make the fucking map small like HPG.

even tho weapon comp was lopsided, at least in the current meta we had a good balance betwen large, medium and short range, how are you punished for running 6 IS er large lasers now?

The thing about brawling and why it works, but some times doesn't has to do with the very nature of the tactic and the tryhards tactic. It varies on map, but it also varies on team coordination, commitment and mechs. If the map, if the try hards are surrounded by a moat of flat ground with some cover around them. It is safe to say they are forcing you to ford through their gun fire while they call targets. Where once you get close enough you need to disrupt them and pull them into fast moving chaotic engagements so you can make up for the fact your team is maimed.

This is called " The Damage race ", where you must bring the enemies critical points to zero before yours are. Side torsos, CT's, cockpits and legs. If your critical life point is near zero before theirs you're as good as dead. But at the same time, long range is meta because you can possibly bring it to 0 before the enemy even fires a shot.

They'll probably just switch to srm linebackers and go for legs or something after cspl dumpstering. Or they'll just switch to IS and run uncounterable cheese with superior dropdeck tonnage and hp values, and FW and "clams op pls nerf" balancing will both be dead.

Anyone want to get that Lance in Formation challenge?

Only if you use goose pepsi, not keep on grouping with shitters.

inefficient autist
sure, but my gigabit fiber is almost installed

>not using 2 heavy gauss fafnir
that shit was broken in MW4

>inefficient autist

Yeah, that's me. Help me choose an inefficient autist deck.

>TBR + EBJ + SCR + SHC
>TBR + EBJ + MDD + VPR / ??? Light
>TBR + EBJ + NVA + HBK IIC / ??? 50t
>TBR + EBJ + LBK + ??? Light

How many lancemates do I need to be near to get the Formation award? How does the game know I'm in combat?

>clan trash on suicide watch

Lamao what the actual fuck is this shit I think I just had a stroke the pig never stops surprising me with its retardation.

light gauss rifles lookin good

>actually taking TBR
>current year

good night, sweet prince

timberwolf is a joke mech that offers nothing outside of variety, making it good for Free to play pre skill tree if you had an insufficient amount of mech bays, but theres 0 reason to take it o clan war goy.

2 Linebackers / EbonJags and 2 Stormcrows its good,
Summoner, Linebackek, Hunchback, Stormcrow also.

>not niggyr, ebin, pepsi or erll hunchback, and a medium with a brawling loadout

>tfw post tree scorch is better than splatpult ever was
Is there anyway to buy a name change?

mwomercs.com/profile/name