H-pattern automatic

>H-pattern automatic
Is this the future of enthusiast automobiles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tdFnqG-0p_k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FUCKING TOYOTA

YOU ALMOST FUCKING HAD IT

HOW DO YOU SO CONSISTENTLY MANAGE TO *ALMOST* GET IT RIGHT

With how things are going....I'll take it over a dial knob or gay flappy paddles

All they needed to do

A
L
L
THEY NEEDED TO FUCKING DO

WAS MOVE AWAY FROM THE BOXER

>hybrid
>H-pattern manumatic

HOW DO YOU MANAGE TO FUCK THAT UP

DO YOU POUR ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR CEREAL

I sure hope it's a CVT that just has fake gear shifts when you use the manual mode. That would be perfect.

the fuck am i looking at
is this real? this can't be real

its like a video game at this point

I don't even know anymore

They did a face-lift on the 86 with a fucking targa top

And made it a fucking hybrid with an H-pattern manumatic shifter AND FUCKING BUTTONS FOR AUTOMATIC MODE

TOYOTA WHAT ARE YOU DOING

>those lights
hmmm

How the fuck does the manual mode even work, that brake pedal is almost out of the shot but looks too wide for a clutch anywhere

so what you just move it back and forth with no clutch? That would feel so wrong

So can I heel-toe to downshift faster?

realy mak u thnik

What in the fuck

i bet you they will give japan the manual version

travesty/10

The future for auto enthusiasts is ded.

yes

>not having a missile button in your car

Guys, think about this. They know this will go bust, but we get a targa 86 now.

Probably just a normal manumatic like others have but with the shifter instead of an up down toggle.

why man

Oh god, is that the ignition button?

They've hired a cartoon artist as their lead designer. That's the only explanation.

What's wrong with the paddle shift?

With no clutch pedal, that's redundant. That's a retarded idea.

This is an example of Nip being """"""creative""""""
It looks an awful. Another example of Nip being """"""creative"""""" They can't into designing the shit.

i fully expect retards who are too stupid to drive manual to buy these and pretend they are the best drivers on the planet

We came here to talk about Toyota going full animu not your faggy ass numbers.

>throttle lag
>shift lag

>dose buttons
is this the fisher price of automobiles?

but does it have a fake clutch pedal and a system that plays grinding noise through speakers when you forget to press it?

>is this the fisher price of automobiles?
fancucks: IT IS OK WHEN TOYOTA DOES IT

it is doe
t toyota fan

Then Toyota will give up on making a fun car cuz noone buy it. MORE BEIGE DULL CARS FOR YOU

I don't see the problem. You people are making this a way bigger deal than it is.

Why can't they just keep making the 86 as it was before the facelift?

Forever?

Kys. The fact you came to a completely different thread to post that shows how pathetic your life is anyway.

>TC and track mode in a hybrid "manual"
>Implications that this would have any affect on driver experience

What the fuck am I even looking at?

>those lights

MUH DICK

Every single one of these in 20 years time will have the auto functions disabled as spergs try to run it totally on the manual setting

Not really a problem desu, at least it has a proper box with a real stick

>not connected to anything
>real stick

>all the negatives of a stick and DCT combined into this abomination
>nu-enthusiasts cuckolds calling it the second coming of christ because
toyota has literally made an entire generation have battered wife syndrome

NEVER EVER

>Has a stick movement already installed
>in 20 years they will all be converted by Veeky Forumstists to full manual

Did you read my post?

Welcome to driving post about 2005

Okay, I'm not gonna lie, if car companies are going to move to push-button-start, I would take that over any other push-button system any day.

That's at least kinda cool.

i wouldn't except it to perform worse than shifter in maximum tune games

Are you 12?

It's kinda cheesy but kinda cool.
At least it's something different in a market where everybody does the exact same thing.

Who the fuck knows, but I honestly can actually envision this working sort of semi-decently.
>double-clutch system for shifting
>moving a gearstick take a fraction of a second longer than clicking a paddle
>any clutch lag from a normal flappy paddle may not actually be noticeable when using a normal shifter

I dunno, mite b gud? I'd rather a clutch pedal, but I mean shit at least dipshit weekend drivers won't somehow grind their own gears or stall out on a hill stop when trying to drive their sports car they use once a month.

As for the styling I could take it or leave it. Honestly, thank fuck it's a concept design, as I think it's got that classic case of too many angles and weird stupid bits. Sort of like that retarded freestanding roof edge things on the Nissan IDx.

Why can't cars be childish?

I never understood how Lamberghini is making money when their target audience is children.

That is litteraly what this is. A 2000's arcade racer cabinet. Holy shit.

WHY couldn't they just make a new 3s-gte and make that car not garbage. The face lift looks okay if it had something stupid in the bay like a v6 or v8 from toyota in a limited edition. But no they have to make every new car fucking shit.

Literally and I mean LITERALLY looks like an early 2000's shifty aftermarket body kit - please someone Photoshop some garish colors and crazy decals to complete the transformation.

A concept car that will never make it to production.

>inb4 it's a CVT

kek this is the first thing I thought of, manual shifter without a clutch? just like MT

Concept cars just show off new ideas and technology. It doesn't mean it'll ever make it in a production car, it's to show what they have and what they can make.

The entire platform is built around a boxer engine. For shame, really. Imagine an 86 with dual wishbones up front and a BEAMS.

making crags list add even more of a clusterfuck

>try to run it on the manual setting
>converted to full manual

Did you read your post you fucking autist?

>a concept car will never make it to produc-

and a turbo TRD edition for 5 grand+

WTF is this shit? this cannot be real

It's really pretty fucking hilarious.

Do Japanese people actually like these designs?

needs mroe tribal tattoo vinyls

HAHA WTF UGLY ASS HELL

Well, looks like I'll get a mustang after all

i don't get it. It's both? when you put it in manual mode its just like a standard stick with a clutch but you can also just put it in "D" and it'll be an automatic? That's pretty fucking dope

For what reason?

This is an example of someone being """"""""""""""""""""""""""secure""""""""""""""""""""""""" with their heritage.

its literally a dct without the paddles
worst of both worlds might as well never take it out of D

I dig the targa top

thanks doc

YO
STREET BREED
youtube.com/watch?v=tdFnqG-0p_k

You guys know that Alfa Romeo had this back in 2000?

Maybe someone will write software for modern electric cars that will simulate torque/rpm curve of gas engine and you'll buy bluetooth H shifter and have engine sounds of your preference played through speakers.

yest toyota uses a logitech setup and the forza recordings on the speaker

im shocked that this many people would be tricked by such a shit photoshop

does the stick wiggle on its own

This looks nice actually.
The back doesn't look as good as the front, but it's a nice change from the latest GT86 design.

This reminds me of VW autostick.
It's a nice idea, you fuckers haven't thought they would put out yet another semi-automatic sports car on the market, right?
For what purpose? This is actually different enough to stand it's own ground.

Toyota need to stop fucking around and make the S-FR

Thanks doc

>shift denied

Why on earth would I want to have the shifter there? I fucking hate this shit man, why do automatics STILL HAVE A SHIFTER ON THE CENTER CONSOLE? IF ITS AUTOMATIC I WANT THE SHIFTER AWAY, BUTTONS, A DIAL, COLUMN SHIFTER, FUCKING ANYTHING IS BETTER, ITS LITERALLY A COMPLETE WASTE OF SPACE. IF ITS AN ENTHUSIAST CAR, PUT FLAPPY PADDLES

IF THE CAR IS NOT A MANUAL, THEN STOP PRETENDING LIKE IT IS, IT'S SO FUCKING ANNOYING. OF COURSE I'D RATHER IT BE MANUAL ONLY, BUT FOR FUCKS SAKE, IF ITS ACTUALLY JUST AN AUTOMATIC, THEN GET THAT SHIT OUT OF THE WAY AND PUT A BIG FATASS CUPHOLDER THERE SO I CAN PUT A FAT BURGER AMERICA DRINK THERE INSTEAD THANKS

>Not knowing what the letter between G and I looks

>what is reading comprehension

>all the comments on the articles covering this
Jesus christ manual fags are so fucking cringey. I can't even think of a good compairson. It's like a group of people who will only use a type writer instead of a keyboard and they're like:
> you don't get it man, you don't get the real true feels of being connected to your machine instead of some souless computer do the work for you
> cuckputer tards are so dumb, they wouldn't even know how to spell without autocorrect and how to fix a typo if they couldn't just press the automatic delete button
Come to think of it, that's a pretty fucking good analogy. That is how the entire world sees you manualfags.

>prius shifter

>had a hunk of shitbox with a floor shift automatic
>teaching my sister how to drive
>'wow i thought driving a stick would be way harder'
>couldn't stop laughing
>she won't even try to drive my stick shift truck though

wtf am I looking at? How is this automatic?