Best p-plate legal cars

Ausfag here, looking at my first car.
What's the best P plate legal (New South Wales) car that I can get for around $5-10k?

Other urls found in this thread:

carsales.com.au/cars/results?q=(And.Price.range(..10100)._.Power.range(175..)._.Service.Carsales._.State.New South Wales._.GenericGearType.Manual._.Induction.Aspirated.)&sortby=~Price&limit=12
carsales.com.au/private/details/Toyota-Corolla-2001/SSE-AD-4859626/?Cr=0
carsales.com.au/private/details/Subaru-Liberty-1991/SSE-AD-4939594/?Cr=6
carsales.com.au/cars/results?q=(And.Price.range(..10100)._.Power.range(125..)._.Service.Carsales._.State.New South Wales._.GenericGearType.Manual._.Induction.Turbo Intercooled.)&sortby=~Price&limit=12
carsales.com.au/private/details/Ford-Falcon-2002/SSE-AD-4933004
carsales.com.au/private/details/Holden-Commodore-1996/SSE-AD-4708388/?Cr=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cheap accord or camry, retard

Don't be one of those spastic dumb cunts who buy a skyline, s15, or whatever, stick a fart cannon on it, and destroy it while looking like a fucking moron

>on the auto board of a vietnamese straw hat threading forum
>advises to buy a boring 90's beigemobile

Lol. I enjoy driving, and want to be happy when I drive my car. I'm not some normie that wants to buy a 180 and slap anime stickers on the back and drift through the suburbs.
I just want a fun first car.

Manual Golf 3 with 2.0 8v
Cheap (3-4k), bulletproof engine, simple and reliable in general, not very fast not very slow but very fun. Speaking with experience regarding this.

Manual 3k civic
that type of shit

Stay away from shit that'll launch your stupid 18 yr old ass into another car

Appreciate the suggestions.
Mk4/5 golfs any good at all either?

First 3 are generally considered the best, and you won't find mk1 or mk2 here, otherwise I'd recommend them. Mk4 is even slower unless you somehow find an R32 or vr6 (which aren't exactly reliable) cause it's the same engines with even more weight

Stay away from newer VAG

Should mention that whatever you get you need to be mindful of how much it'll cost to run.

I went from a golf 3 with 2.0l which was cheap and easy to maintain and didn't use too much fuel to a SAAB 9-5 which I'd recommend aswell if it didn't swallow so much fuel and cost lots for parts

Forester XT. Bwaaaaaa psshhhh

200SX S15 interstate. Paid 12.5 for mine and it was great. Looks hard and you can grab one.

I know it's a meme, but get an AU Falcon.
Cheap, reliable, comfy and has bucketloads of power.

Sell it for something better once you're off your P's.

Lamborghini miura

It's honestly the best choice.

>P platers in NSW have limits on what speed they can drive

I can taste the salt from here you mad poorfag. Fuck off.

Stay mad, faggot.

>t. P plater R34 Skyline owner

NSW here

nsw a shit

auto or manual?

carsales.com.au/cars/results?q=(And.Price.range(..10100)._.Power.range(175..)._.Service.Carsales._.State.New South Wales._.GenericGearType.Manual._.Induction.Aspirated.)&sortby=~Price&limit=12

link related is probably your best options, i'd stay away from the 4 speed autos if i was you as they like to grenade

850 manual

get one of these you little pissant

My first car was a 4AGE Corolla Seca SX.

They're so rare these days but if you do manage to find one, you won't regret it.

Is op too poor to get a lamborghini miura?

Yes. He can't even afford a skyline.

I know, fucking auscucks and yuropoors I never get enough man

You should mcfuckingkillyourself OP

Don't drive at all until you're on your fulls.

get one of these

AE112R turbo.

>carsales.com.au/private/details/Toyota-Corolla-2001/SSE-AD-4859626/?Cr=0

Liberty Rs Turbo If you can get a hold of one

He can't drive anything with a turbo unless it's diesel.

Doesn't NSW work under p/w? As long as it sits under 130kW/tonne it should be acceptable.

Ah, my bad. Turbos used to be banned outright, been a while since I've had to deal with that shit.

this

how about something like this?

carsales.com.au/private/details/Subaru-Liberty-1991/SSE-AD-4939594/?Cr=6

carsales.com.au/cars/results?q=(And.Price.range(..10100)._.Power.range(125..)._.Service.Carsales._.State.New South Wales._.GenericGearType.Manual._.Induction.Turbo Intercooled.)&sortby=~Price&limit=12

A Celica

in nsw we only have restrictions for cars over 130kw/tonne or if its classified as a "hoon car", so basically any jap cars

i have a fg xr6 and its fun enough to get me through my ps, ba/bf/fg are a bit unresponsive with the electronic throttle or at least compared to cable like im use too.

t. Weeb cuck

nice non-turbo boat m8, where'd you get your skipper's license?

Small sporty Jap econobox, i.e. SSS Pulsie, SP20 323, 4AGE powered Corolla etc.

Move to Northern Territory then v8

carsales.com.au/private/details/Ford-Falcon-2002/SSE-AD-4933004

These things are insane amounts of bang for buck. If you can save up a bit more, go all out on one of the series 3 examples with full options. For about $9k-$12k you can get:

-VCT Intech motor, basically the e series/AU 4.0 sohc but with heads done by tickford and a pretty brutal cam

-T5 manual

-Black leather interior

-Momo steering wheel and shift knob

-Double wishbone suspension all around

and if you look hard enough

- 329mm PBR discs on the front

All from factory, all P-plate legal. And they really do go hard and steer like they're on rails.

Please do not tell me my car is a meme mobile. When did this happen?

honestly never been a fan of the AU II looks. much prefer the BA and BF looks.

Yeah the downfall is the appearance, ugly as shit but fuck me are they a car and a half

Something good on gas, you're probably a poor fuck anyway.

Not as rare as a trueno :0

for the money absolutely

I've owned one and a vt commodore,both were absolute trash for the money....

Why bother getting mediocre power if they look like absolute dog shit? The head lining is trash,the interiors are trash,almost everything about them is pathetic.

OP should just get a IS200 and be done with it

I know that car part, Dany fucking Murphys Casula

my first and current car is this ba xr6. non turbo but still is alot of fun. Ive got the auto but flicking it across into the "perf" mode it really picks up its pace, also awesome highway cruiser,picked mine up for 6k

If I could do it again I'd buy a shitbox that I didn't care about to learn in, once you get your Ps you thrash the piss out of it and probably break some important things.

What the fuck did you drive, a series one forte? Fuck outta here nigga 157rwkw isn't shitty

Buy a ba xr6. Put kings sl springs in the front and ssl in the rear sits nice but not too low and just drive it
Nice cars cheap enough to run i have one now on lpg costs me about 15l per 100ks. On petrol i get around 13l/100

the ls commodore especially the manual is great

the xr6turbo is a very powerful platform when modded

>car sales
>select P Plate Approved NSW
>???
>enjoy your new car cunt.

if you're going to mod it wouldn't an NA xr6 be better cause its cheaper? or do they have different internals?

just get a sv6 commodore and act like you have an ss like half the other p platers.

The old 5 litre commodores are pretty good and legal in nsw. I've got a vt ss on my greens and it hasn't let me down yet

You could be able to get some wrxs.
You might be able to find an focus xr5 towards the upper end of your budget.
Alternatively, you could buy a banned car but register it under a sibling or parents name, thats what I did one my last year of green ps. Just don't get caught obviously.

oh right your a p plater

yeah duh
kek

was in my ss today and some p plater in a vf sv6 challenged me to a drag race at the lights.
gave it half throttle and still smoked the little cunt.

I think they changed the rules around since all these new cars are all 4 cyl turbos

OP here, thanks everyone for the replies, I've been looking around according to what you guys have posted.

Oh trust me I want one. I can't believe Spec S / R's are legal for P's. It's just they're all ridiculously priced.

I was thinking about a GC8.
Probably the most red hot car to drive lol.
I'll get pulled over heaps.
What's a stealthy banned car that I can drive? Turbo even.
I was thinking a JZX100 Mark II or JZX110.
To an average person I recon they look like Camrys, but then 1JZ.

Oh and I forgot to add to the post, where the fuck is /dat/?

shitposting killed dat

As others have said, cheap Golfs, Civics, MX-5s, etc. are all great fun basic cars you can buy for a reasonable price. Most importantly none of them are powerful enough to get you into any real trouble. Things like the Golfs and MX-5s we have around here are all "slow fast cars" so you can have a great fun time just getting to 80kph and never breaching the limit. Civics in particular are great to learn some really basic wrenching on if you want to too, but I'm just not a fan of FWD.

I'd also recommend older Focus/Fiesta. I drive my gf's 04 Fiesta often and its such a blast for a FWD car even I'll admit that. Good thing is parts are Ford part so they're cheap and easy to come by. Hell shits so common you could probably lift up your doormat and find Ford parts underneath.

ve sv6 commodore or fg xr6 falcon

Same here. My first car was a boat 300k that a friend coerced me to get back when I knew nothing about cars, but these days I wish I'd gone for an old Swift/Golf/Civic like my other friend. On the upside though I love that old Mercedes to this day even after selling it. It started every time and was the best car you could imagine to go to the drive in in.

That said if I could do it all again I'd get an NA MX-5 and piss about in that instead.

>get v6 vt bombadore
>put SS bodykit on it

This, if you're not concerned about fuel usage a Commodore/Falcon is your best bet.
Nothing is as good as a large RWD sedan with enough power to fly past cucks in econoboxes.

commodore is probably better if you are a hoon, the fords are limited to 180km/h but the commodores will do 220km/h no worries with the 6 speed manual

as long as it isn't a real piece of shit (unless you fix it yourself..) you are going to enjoy driving it
just make sure you get a manual

Didn't know the Falcons were limited, is that all of them or just certain models?

all of them

well all the newish ones anyway

i welded the diff on my V8 VS commie and it goes hard
can literally slide around every corner without trying
not as pigfat as later commodores

thats not p plate legal lol

The XR6 and the XR6 Turbo post July 2005 don't run the same internals. Thicker rods on the turbo, and different pistons.

carsales.com.au/private/details/Holden-Commodore-1996/SSE-AD-4708388/?Cr=0
Yeah it is

VT and later aren't legal on P's cause they increased power output, earlier V8s had lower power stock.

lul at the crank

SSS pulsar n15.
sr20de
light
good looking

no brainer..thats why you see every fucken p plater driving one lol

Nope dyno'd at 157kW 450Nm at the rear wheels, and the only modification is the exhaust. The car has ports reshaped and finished by hand, bigger valves, lumpy cam w/ variable timing, higher pressure fuel pump and more all from factory. Have you never heard of a xr6 vct?

Throwing in another commo/falcon suggestion. Take advantage of them, you cant get them anywhere else.

VS commodore, especially if you get one woth a t5 manual.
VZ if you dont care about timing chain, VE if you do, sidi if you can but its a bit out of the price range.

AU VCT has good power to weight (171kw eat your heart it holden)
plus AUs are australian culture, any AU is good pnce you get over the front
But FGs are the best n/a p plate car money can buy.
If you want an auto falcon get a bf/fg with the zf 6 speed but if you want a manual ba/bf serve similar purposes but always pick the fg if its affordable.

There is no p plate 6 speed commy. Theyre all 5 speeds unless theyre ss.

Swapping a 6 speed to an n/a is a task since you have to swap diff(s/ gears)

No point worrying about 180+ cause you wont have a car anymore.

what?
the ve sv6 is 6 speed.
so is the vz sv6.
so is the vy S pack.

stay mad poorfag. Work harder for more $
t. pontiac catalina owner

can drive v8 in nsw and ACT as well

Not many V8s you can drive in NSW, only really older ones and turbo diesels

>2shitty3 ftr

>emufuckers have power, cylinder, and aspiration restrictions based on your license

Only shit ones tho. Brb learning to drive in 355 wb ute

Only in the cuck states, m8. Real Aussies are free to drive what they want.

>not having 18 year old morons in highly modified cars is a bad thing
Yeah nah the road toll would be double without poofter plate restrictions.

everyone is a hoon on P plates, i think back at the shit i used to do and wonder how i am still alive.

>b-b-but i love muh nannystate

At least that other aussieposter almost makes up for you, you quivering vagina.

when my 5.7 was running a little shit a BA XR6 p plater almost beat me

Yeah nah my bad. Vz ve is 6 speed got it confused with the 5 spd auto.

Vy isnt for sure though.

all the v8's from the ls1 in 1999 upward are 6sp as well

>implying i should care about P platers and not want them to suffer what i had to suffer
cunts can get fucked, i don't want them hooning and running into my car that is actually nice.

Its worse than you think.

25k over the limit is loss of licence on the spot regardless of licence type.
35k over the limit, burnouts, drag racing or other hoon behaviour is an on the spot 1 month impound.
Car crushing is a legitimate punishment for repeat offenders.

I wasnt talking v8s because theyre banned in a lot of p plate states.

I drive an 08 Ford Fairmont, its a fucking blast to drive, pretty much best engine you can get, you can hoon, tune and hold all your goon and its P legal, its also in your price range too, only downside is the fuel prices

I've seen a BF fairmont with a noice understated body kit and a 5.4L v8 with the accompanying bonnet. Sexy white leather interior, sunroof. Fuck m8. Such a shame the Aussie ford is dead.

Fairmonts are garbo