/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>/palg/ Discord
discord.gg/SNwXWHe

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB52)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?43857-Open-Beta-52-Patch-Notes-June-9th-2017

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=0p9Ptob5pC4&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

paladins.guru/profile/pc/Killaspike/ranked
imgur.com/l5og7TE
arcgames.com/en/games/Gigantic/news/detail/10031983-introducing-a-new-partner-and-new-future-for-gigantic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Essence

I want to make Fernando's dreams come true!

have a sexy Nando

This is Ying.
She is my wife.

It is my duty as her everloving husband to inform you that some malicious individuals are claiming to be her husband or spreading lies about her life.
All of these are false however, so I urge you not to believe any of them.
Of course, these claims come from jealousy, because who wouldn't want to be married to a girl as beautiful and adorable as her?

I played Retrebution Zhin as a joke, up until the point where people stops shooting at my counter.

But holy shit, I'm now at level 10 and there's no stopping the Zhin Train of Counter everything, That ability's like a fucking blackhole in terms of what it counters, I've seen it gobbled up basically every Ult, Grumpy bombs, Resonance illusions, turrets and more.

It's actually easier to list what can't be countered and those are Mal Damba's Ult, Inara's Warden Field and other on the ground effects like Molotov. Hell you can even counter fall damage itself and glitch under the map.

elves are for bully

Seris has the best midriff and anyone who says otherwise will be cursed with flanking Seris in their team.

Ying is not for bully.
Please don't do it.

Anyone 5k+ Account, ~2500 ranked elo, or 3k+ casual elo want to team for some ranked?

I main Ying, send me a message in-game.

paladins.guru/profile/pc/Killaspike/ranked

BULLY ELVES
U
L
L
Y

E
L
V
E
S

What about me?

Don't i have to go back?

Oh by the way maeve is overpowered and needs to be nerfed, heroes shouldn't be able to combo you like maeve can, she can literally instagib any hero in the game with the Q buff

no i'd rather not rely on an npc to heal me

>maeve is overpowered
You have to go back

beach chest should be next patch right

i'm gonna be upset if that isn't the case :(

^ kill yourself

^ look at this idiot

But reddit agree that Maeve is shit, you should have rather posted about essence and how Overwatch is so great.

Pack up boys we found him

If you'd look at my game history you would see that I'm usually top damage on my team with Ying.

I'm pretty much melting their team with Dimension Link spam, everytime a rewind illusion is overwritten it does 500 damage. So you sit on the point and Dimension Link, or do it when pushing against their team and it melts them.

The nice thing is that the team also gets healed as well because the rewind illusions get a tick or two of healing off each during DL spam.

You end up with almost as much healing as a Seris or Damba but with insane amounts of damage done and point control.

Your loss.

or you could tie one arm behind your back and blindfold yourself and play seris or maldamba and put up the same stats with minimal effort. ying is a waste

Please don't be mean to Ying.

Ying was made for bully

It better be.

Wait. You can continuously create 500 damage explosions with like a 0.3 second cooldown just by spamming dimensional link with the card and the legendary?

I'm going to splurge my saved up essence and try this right now

I want Ying to be mean to me.

yeah dude destroy your shitty little healers for a shitty 500 damage wow so worth it

No she wasn't, stop.

She's never mean, she's adorable, nice and cute.

>he doesn't want the bullied elf to become the sexual bully

You do more damage with Focus Lens and you don't need to kill your teammates for your pussy damage.

the only good rection pic of ying are her getting bullied, obsessed user.

She's an evil witch, user.

But that's okay, she has friends.

No, it doesn't work like that. The shatter it causes doesn't kill them, so you can only do like 1000 damage out of it, unless they keep killing them as you jump back and forth.

WHAT'S WITH PEOPLE AND BLAMING THE FLANKER?!?! ANDRO IS F!CKING DIFFICULT TO PLAY, EVEN AS A NEAR DIAMOND ANDRO I MISS A TON OF MY SHOTS.

Wrong.

You don't do less healing with Resonance/Dimension Link spam. You do more because the illusions you replace get off 1 tick instantly and you are replacing them really quickly. So your team actually gets healed more and you are exploding the other team.

L2P

Not really, I just want to protect her smile.

You're wrong.

She just put on a cute costume, she's not actually an evil witch.

You're the carry.
Carry nigga.

you got no proof

This is wrong.

You're not shattering often with the build I run, you're main offensive ability is Dimension Link. You spam it on the point and the rewind illusions get replaced or destroyed by the enemy as you spam F, replacing an illusion makes it explode for 500 too. You are literally dropping 500 damage every .5 seconds if you spam F hard enough on point.

They don't shatter again in the shooting range if you've already replaced them (since only destroyed ones shatter). Does it actually do it in real games?

And lose the cool down for when you need it the most so you die like an idiot. Great plan

Why are we even talking about ying. Show Grover some love

grover is legit the best champ for onslaught because his vine hook with the range card at IV can hit literally anywhere on the map from the point

ENORMOUS

I just got diamond with Grover, he's such an under rated champ

Just tested it, it only works if the enemy kills them again or you shatter them. Spamming F doesn't spam explosions.

Oh, hey, that's finally getting out from under the Xbox/Windows store exclusive thing? Good for them.

Spawn new illusion during the DL spam, it removes one of the existing illusions, then follow up with shatter depending on how many enemies are around you. That's 2x 500 + 1000 from shatter in less than a second and you can do this up to three times with max DL card.

Because Ying is the cutest.

One my favorites since I can play him with my eyes closed. I haven't toyed around with his loadouts in a while though, some of his vine ones are great but even the base ability is great once you have the range internalized.

But in most cases I only use shatter to heal myself, the 25% health illusions almost die instantly when contesting the point against the enemy team, they die so quickly the other team pretty much kills themselves from any AOE on point or just trying to kill you while you spam DL.

Man it's freaking sucks to play against Lex as Skye

Also, when you shatter those illusions they are instantly replaced with rewind illusions so your healing doesn't suffer.

>him
Did you just assume xir floral gender, you shitlord?

Just try it in a casual game, I guarantee if you just offensively spam DL on point with the build I run and Resonance, you will faceroll 90% of teams below 3k elo and 70%+ 3k and above elo.

Just started playing, saw people saying that opening loot boxes is bad without boosters. How so? Also Cassie is best girl.

Tried it in a bot match. I'll have to try again spawning new illusions, since I didn't try that, but spamming F alone did nothing more than what I expected.

Boosters give you 33% more items, so it's better to save all of them for when you have a booster.

That floating fourth item can sometimes be nice, especially if you still have a majority of things to unlock. Usually it's best to save up boxes until you get enough log-in jew crystals for a booster, then blow them all together so you get the most out of your chests.
At later stages this becomes less viable without the "ensured unique item" keys they just put out, since you'll end up drowning in essence (unless you just get boxes full of commons, then it's more like wading.).

I think the 4th item you get from chests, the one that requires boost, gives better loot more often.

>Also Cassie is best girl.
But that's completely right.

Because you lose out on a 1/4th of every roll and early on you need essence/cards more then anything else. You get chests very quickly and it wasteful to open them without. Its not that big of a deal to open without but just be aware you're fucking yourself over if you do so. Here was about 10 days of decent grind got me, every new release of champions cost about 42k essence. If I didn't have a booster it would probably be closer to 15-20k. It adds up.

Booster are 200 gems, 5 buck in real buckeroos or a month in log in rewards. Never buy crystals but if you have to get the 2500 bundle only, they jew you hard on the smaller amounts. Founders pack will give you more then enough essence to fuck around with for a month to get a booster though if you really enjoy the game that much..

But its HiRez so fuck giving them money.

Thanks for the heads up, downloading it now.

they've been on pc for months, its just that they have a smaller playerbase than battleborn.

Right because you can get jew crystals outside of paying for it. I see.

Any generically accepted list of shit to avoid buying in terms of characters, cards etc? Cassie seems retard strong with just rollan all over the place with no cooldowns and easy 910 damage shots, what other characters are nice for expanding my realm? Also will the game still feel like this when I stop playing against awful players? I stopped playing overwatch because of how boring and one dimensional every game feels with all the chokes and this is genuinely enjoyable, but it might just be that it's easy to carry in this game with shitters due to all characters having a real weapon, move accel and so on. I'm not really looking forward to another
>oh my teammate picked X now we can't win
situation. Already noticing a distinct lack of useful Kinessas in every fucking game.

Yeah I'm not really planning on buying stuff unless I actually feel like I'm going to play this game for a while. Given Hirez determination to not support fun fps games I'm not really holding my breath. Any idea what to spend gold on or do I just buy cool characters? Is Evie any good? She seems fun and exceptionally annoying to play against.

Also why is Maeve considered garbage exactly? I can sort of see why since every Maeve I met was easy pickings but every player in low level casual probably sucks dick anyway.

Weren't they Win10 only, though?

what the fuck are those proportions, looking at that I begin to forget what perspective means

did you know that fernando used to have a hook before makoa and roadhog were even made?

imgur.com/l5og7TE

Sometimes you'll get a maverick, actually good Kinessa but they'll be on the enemy team and they are a pain in the ass, especially when babysat.
There will never not be at least one shitter, so in those situations (i.e. the three damage and a flank composition that you may find yourself in) it's best to either take the deserter or just say fuck it and play whoever you want instead of worrying about team balance.
As for cards, I just unlock all of them so I've got the freedom to experiment until I find something fun. Anything you don't use after unlocking can just be broken down and used to buy other cards.

No. Arc has been managing the non-win10 version for months. but as I said before, so few care about gigantic that no one even knows where to find the fucking game.

>fernando used to have a hook before makoa and roadhog were even made
And yet few people will actually care.

yep, i did know about his laser lasso

Is winning during weekends supposed to be impossible?

>Already noticing a distinct lack of useful Kinessas in every fucking game.
Occasionally there's a decent one, but they only really do well when the other team doesn't counter her well.

Nope. It has been Windows 10/X-Box One only since release they're opening it to Windows 7 plus this weekend with a full launch later this month.

Every time I met a Kinessa that could aim we'd still capture the point every time and then not finish because nobody could kill her just standing halfway in spawn on whatever the name for capture point -> payload is. Do I just roll into her asshole and fill it with crossbow bolts then or what?

Maeve's biggest problem is that her best and only defense is her mobility-thus, CC-heavy teams are a nightmare for her, and it only takes a few lucky or well-placed shots to drop her if she stays in the open for too long.

Fair enough, but isn't the 90% CC time reduction enough from the card? Or is that just too late for most modes?

You're right on the money for Cassie rolling, Incitement 4 is the only card on her loadout you really need. You'll be matched with players based off level until you reach level 30 at which point it switches to elo, don't worry about that until you reach that point though. First 5 levels are vs bots if you haven't got to that point yet but yeah low levels are a mixture of smurfs and actual newbs. Weekend so you know it goes. You can carry most games at that level if you play properly.

The only character that legitimately sucks to get on your team is Kinessa as you already figured out due to needing to protect her in order to get any value out of the pick. Players can just take Sha Lin for a sniper character except escape/defend themselves properly. She is free so you'll see a lot of her unfortunately even in higher tier games where people don't care much.

Spend gold on characters you're interested in mostly, if you do get founders pack down the line you'll have it refunded back to you so no worries there. Evie is strong to play and will have a good chance of carrying games with her if you're decent at video games already (Ice Block Legendary is her best right now). Just make sure you read the skill list (bonus damage after Blink is the big thing) and you should do well. Maeve isn't even that bad, she was nerfed hard a while back but has since then been buffed. Most Maeves you see are shit but frankly I find good Maeves one of the the scariest things to deal with in the game. A lot of shitters play her though. Evie/Andy will give you the most bang for your buck on the Flank side of things and give you the best way to carry.

I need to make more of these pictures for other roles already

found this shit while partying with a friend that just started playing. is it even humanly possible to go lower?

Pretty much. Kinessa doesn't do so hot against people right up on her, but unless you gut her fast any mines she might have placed will slow you down just enough for her to warp away.
As for the ones that shoot from spawn, well, there's not much you can do there other than call them a faggot postgame and pray you've got shielding of some kind. Because that sort of shit on Ice Mines would be infuriating.

it's possible to have negative elo so yes

user, it takes 2 seconds to google things arcgames.com/en/games/Gigantic/news/detail/10031983-introducing-a-new-partner-and-new-future-for-gigantic

> 11 May 2016

it's been in the works since before that, and it was already playable for a while, it's not even the first time.

Does having a high rank give any rewards at the end of the season like overwatch ?

What season.

Why is his ult so shit?

Esports time now boys

Probably, but ranked seasons hasn't really started (why they marketed the game as already in a season I'll never understand)

I never saw it as playable on arc but whatever I'm glad its out now.

>all those brs and cyka blyats in chat
savages.

And do the notifications on whether or not you receive a skin show up in whispers or notifications?

Whispers I think, I haven't gotten squat since the first weekend they did this though. I'm even trying to watch on a fresh install of another browser this time.

>1.1k damage per auto attack
>completely deletes non tanks in 3 shots
>shit
I think we know what the problem is here.

What's the best way to get essence? Can I exchange gold for it?

>Combat repair for Barik when it doesn't really matter if you heal your turrets, since if anyone tries to destroy them then they burst them too fast for healing and you have a low cd on them anyway
>Spring Tide 4 for Makoa so you can waste your shell spin on trying to heal while you are probably cauterized
>Winddancer for Torvald, for what purpose, you wanna fuck up your teammates with a sudden speed boost that will mess with their aim?
>no Incinerate on Nando, more Hp so you can survive like 1/2 of Drogoz's rocket more

It certainly helps, but yeah, earning those credits when you're up against a team with a lot of slows/stuns/what-have-you is going to be tricky.

Ah so founders refunds gold? That's neat, makes it a lot easier to spend some of it.

How important are team comps in general? With regen/lifesteal being available I'm somehow imagining less so than in overwatch for instance.

Also, generic advice on buying cards in game? I just defaulted to haven or blast shields depending on how much aoe the enemy team had a lot, or shredder the few times there were any shields around. Eventually began using morale boost for that sweet wallhack uptime which feels good but may or may not be very useful.

>completely deletes non tanks in 3 shots
Too bad I don't have problems with non tanks

>andro
>hitscan weapon
>has a card that gives you 3 ammo every nether step so you don't really have to reload if you don't want to
>no counters in game except for Makoa hook every 10 seconds and then you still have a bigger chance of surviving than the rest of the flankers
Sounds like you need to git gud.

Not directly, no. You receive essence by getting dupes from radiant chests, which you CAN buy for gold. For best effect, you might save up login crystals so you can get a booster, which will make every radiant chest give you 4 items.

Pray to god that RNG blesses you. Welcome to Paladins, enjoy your cancer :)

>4.5k viewers on esports just because of skins