/twg/ Total War General

HOLA SKEENKS edition

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for Rome 2 and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Mazdamundi's Skill Tree/Misc Gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=sQkUBoGptGI

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary:
youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>DEAD Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Old

Mission wise there were two paths to the Belsarius campaign in Last Roman, right?

And one was better than the other?

Remind me which one that was please

>creating the OP too early
Lizardmemes should be gassed

Self-rolling to see what I'll be playing in five minutes
0-2 Shogun2
3-5 Attila
6-8 Warhammer
9 spankbang

History and fantasy living in harmony united against the Chinese menace.

it now is allowing me ,,, odd, didn't change anythng and its same save file

Sigmar willed it
Prrrraise SHIGMAR

>HElf trailer is posted
>Its a 3 minute chase scene between a phoenix and a DElf black dragon

Das alotta wars

I'm into this

China is a perverted mix of history that we cannot allow

How can Orcs even compete?

Every AI faction with legendary lords should be able to confederate others desu

>perverted mix of history
and fantasy

I see that Argywlon post to the south. Have the trees begun their expansion?

I thought I was gonna die but I'm actually managed to fend off that grobi scum.

I just got incredibly lucky, for some reason, AI just loves to keep Skarsnik behind his army, so I managed to pick him off with my Knights hidden in the forest. Otherwise, I'll just lose pathetically.

Also, that level 1 Light wizard started a fight with 100 hp and managed to stay up the whole battle just spamming his bolt magic. I thought that fucked was going to die to miscast.

Shame about Stirlands Revenge, they just got picked off by flanking gobbos while other 2 free companies managed to kite 2 goblin squads the whole battle.

The chinese menace must be removed from the thread.

can't wait for 3rd Warhammer trailer

I need to go back and screen cap more of these.

Is there a cracked version of TW:WH, that i can download?

"Did you ever hear the tragedy of Drak Plagrich The Wise?
I thought not. It’s not a story the Empire would tell you. It’s a Sylvanian legend. Drak Plagrich was a Necromancer lord of Schwartzhafen, so powerful and so wise he could use the lore of vampires to influence the winds of magic to create life… He had such a knowledge of the teachings of Nehek, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing Schwartzhafen to the Von Carsteins, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught the true Von Carstein everything he knew, then a power to rival Nagash killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could kill them, raise them, but not himself."

To what end?
That's like bullying children, there is no skill or fun or whatever in it

We know for a fact the history games that are in the works are most definitely not M3 or Empire 2
With the "sci-fi" part I'm starting to suspect his poster is a jokester and you are taking irony for sincerity

Yeah vanilla traits need to be redone

Man, you're reading too much into it.

I just find it really funny.

Isn't that a trait you get for not engaging in melee? I keep getting it for Orion in autoresolve which makes sense but how does Franz get it?

I'm hoping for campaign footage by next thursday. (less then 7 days from now)

See what happens when you try to appease the Sigmar worshipers. Praise Ulric not Sigmar okay.

cucks

Really?
Franz was chraging into all the rear lines that battle
>diplomacy screen opens
>Franz:Be at peace that is all I want
>Tabalancd ends NAP

BY SIGMAR, CHECK'EM

It's gonna be biblical.

Wish me luck anons

People always find something to complain about. If it was historical it wouldn't be the right period/location. Yet, no other game series is able to do what total war does.

I was always really surprised how people took to CoD moving away from the "real world", like Total War, it wasn't exactly realistic before hand.

But Mannfred said he was weak and surpassed..?

>unless there is some new historical game announcement right around the corner

How can people live in this weird limbo where they are dedicated enough to type up long posts on the steam forum but not dedicated enough to go read literally any of the "things CA is working on" blogs released in like a year

Agreed, its just a bunch of butthurt autists complaining about it not being their pet period in history. If the new historical title isn't the era they want, they'll get mad about that too.

Fucking Warhammer and it's DLC. We never had any of that before.

>muh history abloobloo
this sustains me

Let's not be fucking retarded here, Attila was MUCH better with DLC than Warhammer

No units for base factions you get locked out of if you don't buy the DLC, no dumb mini campaigns that suck ass to bloat up the price of race packs

It's still kikery but I far prefer this model of getting kiked to the Warhammer one

>All the Atilla DLC combined actually costs more than the Warhammer DLC (until the new race pack comes out)

these kids weren't around for Empire or shogun were they?

those started the DLC trains we know in total war.

Atilla is really unpopular tho, which is a shame. I doubt people even know that it got DLCs.

Rome II rep was really ROUGH on it.

>Nagash still not announced

Warhammer is sneakier and more Jewish though

Letting the AI recruit regiments of renown when you can't and playing as vanilla Empire to have all the other Empire factions recruit Free Company and Flagellants all day long
Mini campaigns not being their own thing but being a something you are forced to buy if you want to play as all the factions in the base game

The DLC for atilla isn't really that spectacular, people like AoC somewhat and the empires of sand factions are good, but the others are pretty forgettable.

Why would we want someone so weak?

I never bought Attila because R2 kind of soured me on Total War for a long time so I can't speak to the quality of it's DLC. But other than the shitty Chaos Warriors and kinda shifty shit of packing in the mini campaign with the race packs the DLC has been perfectly content regards to value for money for me.
My point regardless was not towards quality of DLC but quantity. There's been a lot of pretense from the whiny children section that this DLC model is new and entirely contained to Warhammer which is a load of bollocks and everyone knows it.

>that balance of power
wat

>No lord

You're probably fucked mate.

Good thing you can just buy what you want to play and ignore the rest without there being any difference whatsoever then

I sure as shit wouldn't have bought Grim&Grave if they didn't lock me out of units for the base factions the game came with nice move to have the AI of the same race recruit them too to really rub BUY THIS NOW GOY under my nose

Regiments of renown are my only real gripe with how things have been implemented.
I dont expect CA to bring older things up to date with newer releases but I dont expect them to make things worse with those new releases.
RoR just make campaign a bit cheaper to play as, too easy to recruit, makes the units less special.

I know they're modded maps but why the fuck can my gunsmen not shoot people, they can see them just fine but no lets charge into the scrum at the bottom of the hill

That's what you get for modding aka pirating ;)

Kind of answered your own question there lad.

yeah but my free miltia and crossbowmen can fire just fine in that EXACT same position

Ideas for rogue armies in TWWH2?

>Knightly crusade:
>Bretonnian Lord leading mix of Bretonnian and Empire knights, Foot squires and greatswords

>Holy crusade
>Arch Lector leading flagellants and battle pilgrims

>Rabble Rouser
>Empire Lord leading Bretonnian peasants+Free Company Militia.

>Treasure Hunters
>Dwarfs and empire mix.

I assume it's SFO, where the balance uncertainty is high to make you think.

anyone here expecting CA to say fuck it and allow any kind of rogue army?

like fucking bretonnian grail knights + greenskins + terrorgheists?

WRE user here - Britain is in trouble

In the north the celts are shitting things up and I would be able to handle it if it weren't for the Jewts in the south who sent a full stack to Camulodunum, and unlike the Saxons actually disembarked before attacking. They didn't take the city, but they sacked it and the province is about to rebel. Reinforcements are being sent from belgium but who knows how long it is going to take to secure Britain. In Dalmatia Stillicho has caught what seems to be the Visigoth's last army and plans on destroying them, ending another threat to the empire

Beastmeme DLC got a proper shitting on at release but for me it's the best of the lot. The mini campaign is rather comfy but that's only because you get to play as the funnest faction in the game.
King and the Warlord is best bang for buck I'd say. And they've added a fair amount of Free content. I really wonder how initial steam reviews will go for the new release.
Probably get shat on if their release is buggy in the slightest. it will be. but it'll be patched within hours.

I expect them to implement some kind of Rogue Army generator tables, so it should be easy enough to make Totally Random Rogue Armies

>I really wonder how initial steam reviews will go for the new release.
It'll be exactly the same as the first game
Muh DLC
Muh sequel a year after the first game

forgot to mention that I re-took segontium from the british rebels, but the city is likely to fall to the ebdanians again since I had to relocate the legion to deal with the jutes

Why does a general fleeing crush morale like killing a general does

An army of Orcs, Chaos Warriors, and undead
Lead by a Vampire

idk. I know people who got angry at attila for having so much faction DLC.
I remember a friend didn't want to play a co-op campaign with me after he learned that all the good positions for us where DLC.

How go things in Africa user? Seen any Huns yet?

>Muh sequel a year after the first game
Well CA kind of brought that on themselves by calling it 2 and charging 60 shekels for it
But it's more than a year though, isn't it? The initial trailer was less than a year after release but the game is coming out a couple months after

>Beastmeme DLC got a proper shitting on at release but for me it's the best of the lot
Minotaurs alone are worth the full asking price. The faction needs fleshing out, but what it does as is can be nothing but tops.

>I really wonder how initial steam reviews will go for the new release.
I foresee lots of crying from people who for some reason still bought it then proceeded to cry.

>so it should be easy enough to make Totally Random Rogue Armies

oh yes I need this.

>General goes out fighting like a true hero
>The men rally around his display of courage and strength

>General runs away like the bitchmade fag he is
>The men say fuck it I'm not fighting for that poofter

Agree, it should to even more damage desu

Seeing your leader die a glorious death in battle is less depressing than seeing him running away like a bitch

>But it's more than a year though, isn't it?
16 months
Napoleon was 11 months after Empire, Atilla was 17 months after Rome 2

How are you supposed to fight and die for glorious leader when he runs away like a frightened woman.

*not crush

typo, a fleeing general doesn't crush morale, it just gives the normal 'army routing' thing

kek

By sigmar, NO!

WHat's wrong with Honey Mustard?

Generals have a plan to get into battle in the first place

They make camps around strategic positions and choose their battles and possible outcomes

They also have a war they have to win

If they get killed in battle or they flee in despair then something has gone horribly wrong

hopefully I can win this on time alone

The Empire can't afford to have rogue stacks of Gothic Warband running around inside its borders

>How go things in Africa user?
So far so good, the African tribes haven't declared war (yet) and Honorious' army should be enough to deal with any rebellions that might occur

>Seen any Huns yet
Don't joke about that user

Or the game could just give me an autowin the second I postt that
Honestly CA should make hills official so they can code for hill climbing as that was some BS right there

Recruiting barbarian units already I see

why do people say atilla is bad for 50 shades of barbar when Medieveal 2 had less variety
>implying the roman army hadn't been mainly german for a century now and the actual germans used mainly roman equipment

Post your worst TW cheesings

>mongols outside antioch
>5 full stacks
>seige city
>have trebuchets/ram only one arm
>45 minute time limit
>send general out of front gate
>mongols stop moving ram and trebucheting, and rush to open gate
>get shot by arrows, i run back inside
>they slowly walk back to ram/artillery getting shot in back by cannon towers
>repeat until army is destroyed and wait out the rest

Still ashamed of what I did since i didnt just do it once but with the entire horde until my reinforcements arrived

>when historyfags are so buttblasted they reply to their own thread cause no one else will

I'm not going to pass up long(er) range skirmishers and ap inf early game since you don't get those options w/ the basic barracks as the WRE

>t. Edward Gibbon

>Single general getting ambushed in S2
>Ride around the map as they have no cavalry and win due to the timer running out

I used deployable shields in Shogun 2 as bottlenecks against AI. I think Archer ashigaru were able to put them? I'll basically create a small corridor of death and put my Yari ashigaru in spear formation while my archers were killing poor sobs.

RETRIBUTION
But I didn;t say it was Christinaity's fault that Rome fell

It seems my decision to occupy Uburzis and settle the vandals there instead of just razing it is working out nicely - I have good relations with them, and their armies are in their new province instead of wandering around my empire

>Sicilians and Venetians (idk it was a while ago) on a crusade to retake rome from my invading scottish army
>yeah shit got weird
>anyway, they highly outnumber me
>use their artillery to punch a hole in the walls
>set up 3 lines of pikeman in front of it (can't remember what the unit was called, but it was the type that could only move slowly)
>archers on the wall on both sides of the breach
>they actually send in their whole army straight at the pikemen right after the walls fall
>they bend the 3 lines that are in a = shape into a U shape
>but eventually, their losses pile up and they run
>only 9/75 of the first line of pikemen survive

There is no way that would work against an even halfway competent human but fuck it I'm still proud.

>Shogun 2, it's offensive siege battle time
>move my archers around the castle until they shoot the enemy without getting shot at themselves
>win battle by having my archers kill all the enemies
>every single siege battle

Sieges were so terrible in that game

I swear if the next historical installment is med 3 I'm dropping a grand on a new PC on the spot

we already know it's not

fuck off newfag

screw you pal I don't hang out here 24/7

fuck off then

"no"