What are a few simple mods that I can do to a 2002 civic coupe in order to improve the driving experience?

What are a few simple mods that I can do to a 2002 civic coupe in order to improve the driving experience?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xwNtjKT_1cA
youtube.com/watch?v=llKZdUyoz14
nitrousexpress.com/14392/1/40/1368/20421-10-proton-plus-nitrous-system-w-10lb-bottle.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Buy a better car

Buy a 3k 2003 civic

>Install a cold air intake
>Unless you live in an area with emissions testing, replace your catalytic converters with straight pipes (resonated ones if you want to avoid the obnoxious exhaust note)
>Remove unnecessary weight from the car
>Delete power steering
>Replace stock suspension with aftermarket upgrades
>Get an aftermarket ECU and take the car to a reputable tuner
>Upgrade your fuel pump
>Upgrade your fuel injectors
>Upgrade your radiator if you do the above

If this Civic in question doesn't have a manual transmission, forget it

Jokes on you, I don't even own it, and it's a better car than my car atm.
>2k 2002 civic vs 3k 2003 civic
hmmm
It's a manual, but got a sun roof so it'd be some added weight.

>cold air intake
Do these really work, or are they just a snake oil meme? Also, would removing the passenger seat to save weight put the car off balance?

Factory airboxes are already cold air intakes. Retards stick a cone filter that does less filtering and sucks up hot engine bay air and call it a cold air filter

That's what I thought, but so many people use them and recommend them. The only real way to have a "cold air" intake is to put a snorkel on your car.

Basically yeah. Here's the factory intake for a Lancer, it gets all of its fresh, cold air from the crack under the hood

Ricers will argue that the paper falter is restrictive and that a cone filter flows better, and they're right. But they're also doing their engine more harm using a filter that can't filter

There's a reason why we still use factory airboxes for Spec Boxsters with paper filters

iirc most engines already receive more than enough air from the OEM airboxes anyway.

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous

Nice choice.
>Survivability
-check the alternator bolts, it fries the ECU if one is lose.
-rock guard rocker panels, and use a wet under spray in the winter. Dry stuff just traps moisture.
>handling
-RSX rear sway bar can induce oversteer
-good tires are important. Even if cheap mileage meats, it's better than worn tires.
-Tien makes some decent entry level coil overs. Go for Koni stuff once you're serious
>braking
-the Canada Exclusive EL1.7 is the only EM/ES chassis civic to get rear disk brakes. A rear hub swap can get you those, but you will have to look around hard for one if you're state side.
-Go with the reputable stuff. Brembo and Willwood are notable ones
-there's a certain brand a lot of Honda guys go for but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.
>power
-it's a D-17. What else can I say. If you have the V-TEC, pick up a Crower cam, but not really much else you can do otherwise.
-if you have a shitload of money you need to get rid of real fast, go for a K-20 or B-16 swap. A higher power D series swap might also work OK for less
>driver comfort
-RSX seats will bolt in the front, but you need to get creative for the rear 2.
-an EK civic steering hub fits our cars. An S2000 wheel also fits fine.
>body/aero
Kek
>exhaust
-Yonoka makes a cat-back system that bolts right into OEM
-DNA makes a decent 4-1 header, but I'm not sure if it bolts to the Yonaka.
>weight
-quite a bit of the weight is in a stiff chassis, so expect it to be a bit heavier than an EK at all times. Rear seats are obvious, and there's a lot under the trunk that can be taken out.

Willing to bet I missed a lot, but it's the dream built I'm never going to make, take from it what you will.

youtube.com/watch?v=xwNtjKT_1cA
youtube.com/watch?v=llKZdUyoz14

The data doesn't lie.

Theory is only as good as the theorist's ability to apply logic.

I had an 01. A few things that greatly helped.

Nuespeed strut bar really reduced body roll.
Obviously nice struts, and good tires.

A lightweight aluminum crank pulley helped out with acceleration

full exhaust helps a lot.

these are cheap parts that really improve the car a lot

That's not efficient though for performance. All of that distance to travel, curves and the flat wall on the back cause turbulence, which actually fucks up the pressure that can go into the runners.

It's part of the reason that RAM and CAI get better performance, from the smooth straight piping going right in, allowing the further away runners to receive better air flow intake.

>muh 5 hp

>muh 5ph
>add cam
>add exhaust
>swap out to a higher compression piston and gasket
>tune
>muh 5ph just shot to muh 18hp and 22 ft-lb
>for 50 dollar pipe and filter

Yes because ricers slapping cone filters on their mom's Civics are swapping out cams

No, but if you heavily modify an engine a cone filter is way better for breathing that the factory box. And will increase numbers.

Not everyone is a Ricer and explaining how things properly work instead of muh bandwagon ricer mods comment doesn't help.

A FEW SIMPLE MODS

Start with the basics
>Wheel alignment
>Larger rear view mirror
>Make sure HVAC is good
>Decent sound system (no cancerous loud speakers in trunk)
>Rain X to prevent condensation on interior windows

Do the conversion to the d16y8 header and get rid of all the plastic intake garbage on the engine. After that tires, coil overs, and lastly get a short shifter.

nitrousexpress.com/14392/1/40/1368/20421-10-proton-plus-nitrous-system-w-10lb-bottle.html