/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Time machine edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-

The titlekey website has moved:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[Jun 5] Luma 8.0 introduces many NTR-like features such as screenshots, input redirection, a debugger and more. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.0
↳This Luma update requires boot9strap 1.2. See guide for details updating new or existing installations. 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-b9s
[May 25] Recent bans singled out hacked consoles preventing online play, use of the Friend List, YouTube, Hulu Netflix, Pokémon Bank and Project Kaeru. This is easily reversed and not an NNID ban.
↳You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned, but be prepared for Nintendo to ban these from time to time as well. pastebin.com/7RvW7y2i

>Vita
[Jun 6] HENkaku release 10 received an update. henkaku.xyz/changes
[Jun 6] Adrenaline 5 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/
indiegogo.com/projects/ps-vita-3g-to-microsd-card-adapter#/updates
reddit.com/r/WiiUHacks/
ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStation Vita Left Button Board Replacement/8086
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hi user

DS from SD was not worth waiting for

I'm a complete baka
Now that I've got henkaku running, what do I do?

Does ps vita have something like psp's cwcheat?

rxtools 3 when

At least you brought the dates back

So we are pretty much done with hacking the 3ds now?

But more importantly, why?

It's still going on actually

Trying to install ARK on a 3.63 vita, using the psvimgtools frontend, but everytime it gives me this error:

IOError: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: u'C:/Users/me/Desktop/PSVITA/PS Vita/EXTRACTED/PGAME/NPUG80135/game/ux0_pspemu_temp_game_PSP_GAME_NPUG80135/'

>C:/Users/me/Desktop/PSVITA/PS Vita/

You guys think nintendo will patch system transfer hacking soon?

I'm hoping they don't. My plan is to grab a 2DS XL and hack it that way.

Rincheat can edit your savefile and Gohanmem can edit your memory. I recommend using Gohanmem but it doesn't work in all games since it cannot search unknown values.

Is there a problem?

Who cares as long as magnethax works

That's the thing, as long as it does.

In my case I have legit four swords DSi I downloaded on my hacked 3DS straight from the eShop, maybe that'll be useful.

Can someone help? Can't find anything on google

Is your username really "me"?

No, I edited it for posting it on here

You have a folder on your desktop called PSVITA, with the PSVita folder in it. It serves no purpose other than fulfilling your autism

The PSVITA folder is for everything related to my vita, the PS Vita is for games and saves, qcma made it

Alright i have a question. I have a hacked 3ds and have downloaded and installef an english patched version of monster hunter XX. It plays just finem but I want to update it since it's on an older version. How do I go on about doing it whilist keeping my savefile?

You are a dumb.

You could just extract everything from PSvita to the main PSVITA folder. It's a useless meme folder for autistically organized people.

I don't really fucking get what your deal is
Its just a folder I made for anything to do with my vita, and qcma made the psvita file itself

How come FreeShop doesn't get game updates anymore?

My deal is you are autistic and I'm pointing that out.

How am I autistic for leaving the default things, I literally just got Qcma an hour ago

Lol

The autistic one is you, friendo.

Anyone?

You have to use the new titlekey url.

Any homebrew/port games list for Vita

I'm gonna second this, you're the autistic one if someone else's folder structure seriously offends you that much

EVER

OASIS

WHERE

My 3ds boots into ctrbootmanager. How can I change it to boot into sysnand and delete ctrbootmanager?
I'm going to upgrade to arm9loader and I don't want crtbootmanager getting in the way of the process.

my pants

It'll be deleted when you setuo a9lh (if you still can) as B9S has taken over.

Well you can keep it then.

I'm going to upgrade from emunand/sysnand 2015 era; to the actual hacks.
I got a bunch of files on my sd card. I want to know which ones are garbage and which ones should I be keeping.
I just want to keep my game-saves.

What does boot9strap got better than a9lh?

Nothing. It's actually worse in my opinion as shit is broken and doesn't work like it does on 11.4 & Luma3DS 7.0.5.

I mentioned B9S because it is the primary exploit that the homebrew scene is trying to push. However, this means that fucklec gutted the guide of A9LH steps to only B9S steps.

increased instability
new meme format for boot-time programs
you get actual error messages instead of "An error has occurred"

Reminder that the microSD adapter for Vita is worth waiting for

Also there's still 200 or so spots left for the pre-order

>you get actual error messages instead of "An error has occurred"
fuck off tux

>3G only

fuck, i've been found out, delet this

seriously tho that's true.

>not buying the 3G motherboard for $25

spoonfeed me plz

It's in the OP, the original post.

>The titlekey website has moved:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

There you go. Now, put that URL in Freeshop under settings and then update. Should be good to go.

remove the s from https and change the tld to your favorite Men's magazine.

Do you just solder that to the board that's already in the vita or is it a whole new thing you have to rip your old one out for?

thanks dudes

you just swap it out, there is no soldering required

Where to preorder and how much it costs?

indiegogo/$20 or your regional equivalent

>54 steps on ifxit
fuck that shit

Nice, thanks.

you only have to go up to 31, you only have to unscrew things and remove ribbon cables, I believe in you user

Who could be behind this post?

Shit, so it actually a thing. How did they do it? I'm probably late for it aren't I?

you need a 3G vita

Finally got ark on my 3.63 vita
Gonna use my dusty 8gb mem card for it, other than crisis core and miku, what games should I get?

No, they just went from 100 units to 500 units to meet demand. But even if you don't get one now, it's all open source so there will be knock-offs soon.

initial d

Is it finally worth installing boot9strap?

Aw shit, I did get the bundled version with 3G. So it uses the SIM slot? That's pretty neat.
Neat. Sauce on the campaign? I'll go look for it regardless.

you have to open it up and replace the sim card shit

Will the vita also read what's in the memory card slot with this?

indiegogo.com/projects/ps-vita-3g-to-microsd-card-adapter#/updates

The non-standard mini PCI express slot that the 3G modem uses reveals a USB pinout which they can adapt to mass storage with custom drivers. It doesn't use the SIM card. But that's why it requires the 3G Vita.

Yes

Not when Luma3DS does the same shit but better.

But the new version of Luma has a bunch of new shit in it.

>Note that since I can't vouch for the quality of the manufacturer (I chose the cheapest one), there is a risk that you will receive a non-working or partially working board. In that case, I won't have any extras to exchange with.
Not sure I wanna take a chance on that. Think they'll do a second run with better quality boards?

Guys, now that we are learning alot about the vita, do you think someone will be able to atleast figure out a native hack past 3.60?

B9S is fine. It's actually better than A9LH in that it is way safer to set up, and it can't be patched by Nintendo without a hardware revision. And whaddaya know, Ninty didn't fix it for the New 2DS XL.

Your problems are with Luma 8.x, which are due to the new Rosalina. They're being worked on. But if you reject Rosalina in its entirety, Aurora is actually maintaining a legacy branch without Rosalina that works just like 7.0.5 and 7.1.

She's nice like that.

Looking at the schematic, it would be very hard to mess up. Assuming the prototypes work fine, there's no reason to suggest that the vast majority of the final run will be any different. I'd buy the DIY kit but I'm too lazy. If there are any issues with the final batch, I'd imagine that it would be a simple fix.

fuck off

come back when it's usb support or something not 3g shit
not replacing my board or taking a saw to the shell

All I'm asking is do you think the future of vita hacking will lead to that or a downgrade?

Been out for a few months. Anything new on the Wii U front?

You don’t know what you’re talking about. B9S is an alternative to A9LH, not Luma. Luma is just custom firmware. Read this

do you think you're the first dipshit to ask that? fuck off

I'm soooooorr-y that I wouldn't know what people's opinion on it would be, fuck

no, nothing like that is in the works

not really, savemii is a good tool to dump/inject saves, Brazilian Title Install Method / Haxchi on sysNAND is still the best experience

have a look here I guess
reddit.com/r/WiiUHacks/

You're correct in that. I meant to put A9LH. I know that B9S is an alternative to a9lh that has become the primary. A9LH is better as of now but B9S will be better when everything is fixed.

Not that its in the works or not, but just the possibility, maybe in a year or two

I'm trying to play a game off loadiine gx2 loader on a wiiu, but when I click the game and hit load, a loading bar flashes but the game doesn't launch. I'm suspecting I have the wrong format of the game on the SD card. What format is it supposed to be in? .wud? .wup? some folder of 500 random looking files?

we have no idea, like how we have no idea if PS4 will ever get piracy

>can't take apart something and put it back together
Wonder what /hbg/ would be like back when everything was 20+ wire modchips with solder points everywhere.

So I hacked my Vita way back when Vitamin and all that first came out. Played it a ton for like 3 months but haven't touched it since really. Should I revert back to factory and update to the new CFW? Is there much difference? Could I get banned or bricked if I don't?

>tfw we'll never get free True CFW(tm) on Wii U

you don't have to reset anything since it's not persistent until enso comes out

In what way is A9LH better?

>tfw cemu will never be open source when it's raking in tens of thousands every month
I like Zelda, but those Zeldafags need to fuck off.

Had cracked 3ds but fucked it up by updating which I used to be able to do. How do I format and crack a failed crack 3ds? is there a guide somewhere to do like a clean format?

it already does everything I want it to

I wish we could control Wii games with the pro controller though

Any video with how to install this?

ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStation Vita Left Button Board Replacement/8086

Can I download the stuff for BotW Japanese voices from the eshop, or do I need to download and install it a different way?

you can just download from eshop