Redline me on gas, Veeky Forums

Redline me on gas, Veeky Forums
Just bought a single owner car and the PO sweared by the fact that he only ever pumped in premium chevron
But costco 91 with the same Top Tier Gas certification is literally $0.33 cheaper

Is it all just the same or am I missing something?
Are the memes worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

autoweek.com/article/car-news/no-more-92-premium-octane-rating-drops-california
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Chevron was the only one I noticed a difference with in my car gaining 20 more miles range.

>redline

lets see those stats boy
what car and what type of gas did you experiment versus?

I just did it by miles since fill up I have a 2002 X Type. Chevron usually gets 270-280 miles to a tank. Shell V Power usually got me 250 miles or even lower the shell in my area is very shit though.

Branding is incredibly powerful.

generally a waste of money.
only use as much octane as you require, otherwise you are literally burning money for no benefit

It depends on the car. For most cars and nearly all shitboxes you can just use regular.

Just use the octane rating your manufacturer specifies, you shitbrained retard.

wow rude

That is literally the exact opposite of truth. I tried searching for a comparison I read years ago but couldn't find it. But it lined up each gas source and found Chevron burns nearly 25% faster than the leading brand (based on fuel economy). I think shell was the next. And they claim it "keeps your engine clean." But there is no proof of that, since too many factors go into a dirty engine. Changing the oil on time, using correct lubricants, and doing regular maintenance helps much better than fuel source. And if you are that paranoid about it, buy a leading brand fuel system cleaner. Just make sure it works for you car and doesn't eat away the lines.

Stick to Costco nigger
I have a 981 Porsche and I use Costco.

>91
Kek, suck on my Texan 93 octane dick you cancerous cuckifornian

Riiiggs.. I just thought of my wish

Whatever your owners manual says, faggots

I generally just trust the Top Tier certification bullshit even though it's probably a scam from the major automotive conglomerats. I'm sure it's got better formulated detergent solutions than non Top Tier stuff. I go Arco cause cheap

cumbys 87
it
just
werks

>2002 X Type
>270-280 miles to a tank

I call bullshit, no way an X-Type Jag lives long enough to go over 200 miles. Most unreliable car ever...

>dummy overcompensating texan thinks cali doesnt have 93
wew
why would i even put 93 in a car that only needs 91

California does not have 93 because of smog laws. You might find some race gas if you look, but no 93 and race gas is too expensive for dumping into a daily driver.
autoweek.com/article/car-news/no-more-92-premium-octane-rating-drops-california
Our 49-state cars have richer tunes with more advanced timing than your cucked commiefornian/50-state cars. Even if it didn't come with a 93 tune factory you can go get it tuned to be able to make use of 93 instead of being slower because califags have 91.

49 state cars basically don't exist anymore because modern laws in states like New York require manufacturers to sell the Cali version in the non-Cali state if one exists.

That's true, however I was reading the emissions label on a new Fusion and it said "Not For Sale In California" on it. They're out there.

It's not even a jag though it's a ford