Volkswagen may punish its Škoda brand for being too good

>Volkswagen may punish its Škoda brand for being too good

>A new report from Reuters cites sources at Volkswagen as saying the VW brand is worried about competition from Škoda (which is part of the VW family). The article says that, in the wake of Dieselgate, VW is on a quest to reduce its spending, and that Škoda’s “superior car reviews and profitability” has “intensified the brands’ rivalry within the Volkswagen empire. The article goes on, describing VW’s plans to fix this, saying:

>Volkswagen managers and unions are seeking to curb competition from Škoda, move some of its production to Germany and make the Czech brand pay more for shared technology, company sources told Reuters.

>Škoda produces better cars
>l-lets punish them!!!!!

fuck, that's hilariously pathetic

just deal with it and step up your game, you fucking idiots

Other urls found in this thread:

sportrider.com/kawasaki-heavy-industries-far-more-just-motorcycles
youtube.com/watch?v=nMyr_eBWvaw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

VW was always scared by skoda.
The octavia is the one they are worried the most, which is gimped compared to its main competitor, the golf. The golf has the R version, with the meme AWD and the big 2 liter with the 300 hp. The octavia is stuck with the GTI engine that is rated at 220 hp and fwd. Even the leon got the R engine, but no awd for it. They probably didnt want it either.

I didn't even realise Skoda was still around desu

are you kidding me? their cars are god tier

>tfw Skoda looks more like Audi should than present day Audi itself

Skoda is one of VW's best selling brands

haha fug

*breathes in*

>using the mbq plaform with r&d done by vw for free
>build somewhat average cars at a therefore lower price point
>stingy germans love cheap cars so they buy skodas over vws despite being manufactured in the ostblock with lower wages rather than germany which they aren’t aware of
who cares really

Is VAG the GM of Europe?

>using the mbq plaform with r&d done by vw for free
lie
>build somewhat average cars
lie
>stingy germans love cheap cars so they buy skodas over vws
lower price but better quality than VW, check reviews

VAG brand management and market segmentation has always been utterly retarded. Picrel. This corporation is ruled by idiots.
Oh! And don't forget about SEAT and it's hopeless struggle to find it's place above or below skoda. Meanwhile... no true competition to Dacia besides rapid/toledo which was at least 5 years late.

>For free
I hope you dont genuinely believe that
Also skoda cars dont fail as often, and their bigger sales come from cabs and cop cars.

yes
skoda getting the boot soon

Nobody wants to take down the quite-huge Dacia because this implies lowering the brand image and lowering the quality and lowering the profits. But lowering the prices have built, not torn down the Dacia brand.

Renault is having a hard time keeping Dacia in check, as the Logan/Sandero are also eating away from the sales of the Clio and the Megane.

The mistake that VW did was to give Skoda and Seat new technology. Dacia only gets previous-gen technology, which is a plus in terms of reliability anyways.

VW are over priced so this was inevitable

skoda and seat are the best normie vag brands.
vw is dogshit and audi is dogshit with wood trim.

>bbbbut muh golf gti
your neutered piece of shit wannabe hot hatch is good until it blows an engine as soon as it leaves the shop parking lot

What's going on with the front left tire?

>muh quirky styling
fuck off with your cheap plastic turds

skoda and seat are affordable and reliable and seat makes real good sporty cars
vw and audi just keep making same shit but with more electronics and slower not to mention
>>>>>>>awd

>Nobody wants to take down the quite-huge Dacia because this implies lowering the brand image and lowering the quality and lowering the profits. But lowering the prices have built, not torn down the Dacia brand.
Once you go downmarket it's much harder to back upmarket

Dacia is downmarket and is out-selling a lot of brands. They really nailed the cheap, no-fuss car market.

I don't like the split headlights. Overall I don't like the facelift, the old 2016 model looked fine

so seat should be lowered to entry level instead of being left to die in inner competition.

up till 1989 skoda was only the second largest auto maker in central and eastern Europe

They need to make a basic no bullshit hot hatch.

that's just what tires do

100,000hp
sportrider.com/kawasaki-heavy-industries-far-more-just-motorcycles

>seat
>"sporty"

Hold up, we've got leon cupras with the 300hp engine as company cars where I work. But yeah, I think the octavia rs has the gti engine as its best option

they could be

Correcting myself there, I meant the 300hp with AWD.

seat is basically VAG's alfa romeo

>Are we perhaps making unapealing cars?
>No, it must be Škoda who is at fault here

But nobody cares about those. Performance cars are basically vanity projects, car companies can save a huge amount of money by just not making them.

>The mistake that VW did was to give Skoda and Seat new technology.
in case of Škoda that was the main condition of selling the company to VW in the first oplace
1 keep production in Czech republic
2 update current model (Favorit ==> Felicia)
3 within x years present new model based on a current VW model (1st gen Octavia on 4th gen Golf)

there is 2liter 150hp Sandero RS avaliable n south america

2.0l 150hp? maybe it has the legendary F7R engine from the clio williams?

Nah, that's been out of production for years. It's probably some F4R variant.

a failure? Yes
>and seat makes real good sporty cars
except skoda has RS line that effectively keeps SEAT irrelevant.
Seat sells rebadged citigo, rebadged rapid and rebadged sharan
Ateca is built by skoda. Only Ibiza and Leon are designed and built in Spain.

Also VW Polos are no longer produced in spain (they came back to wolfsburg after ~30years). Seat is no more needed by VAG

One of my friends has a Skoda.
On the inside it feels as if it was made by VW parts only without chrome rings and fanciness, but dear god is it huge inside.

You could haul a Twingo in the boot, with room to spare.

>Seat is no more needed by VAG
but the Ibiza is the best car in its segment

Euro car industry is a fucking joke save for Porsche

Those are literally the same cars with slightly different exterior design which is reflected by the price lmao

Just imagine the size of a Superb wagon.

>The mistake that VW did was to give Skoda and Seat new technology. Dacia only gets previous-gen technology,

You mean give previous-gen technology to our budget brand? Hold my beer!
How about selling previous gen audi a4 as a SEAT, because what SEAT needs was a sedan more complicated than a Passat, with longitudinaly mounted engine, aluminum multi-link suspenson etc.
Of course it was a flop...

outsold by both polo and fabia
...and clio,fiesta,corsa, pug 208,ctroen C3, sandero and yaris

It's huge

youtube.com/watch?v=nMyr_eBWvaw

>volvo

Reminder that VW is the budget brand of Audi

read a book nigger

They are not even trying to hide that its a older A4, the grips, even the rear hasent been changed, the backlights are in the same place, they litterally did a GM and switched badges, thats it.

It's true though you fucking faggot.

seriously, read a book

no you dumb nigger, Audi is VW's """"luxury"""" subsidiary, not the other way around

You mean VAG. VW is a VAG brand at this point.

try wikipedia if books are too challenging

What are you trying to say

VAG =Volkswagen AktienGesellschaft

no because they're order of magnitudes more competent than GM because they don't need a bailout every year.
VAG is GM if gm wasn't shit but was boring instead

>VAG
>not shit
Their only redeeming part is Porsche.

Porsche owns them actually

Today's VW is making the most boring-looking cars ever on this planet.
I swear to god, every time, i see a brand new Golf, or Passat, i could fucking fall asleep by just looking at them. There is absolutely NOTHING imaginative, or unique in their design.
Skoda, at the other hand at least trying to do something, that sticks out from the bunch. Yeah, maybe many people find it ugly, but at least Skodas are not the dictionary's illustration on the words "boring", and "gray"

If volkswagen didn't price their cars like land rovers and bmws maybe they'd sell more

>There is absolutely NOTHING imaginative, or unique in their design.
>wide c-pillar with no window on the golf
>"one brace" styled headlights and grill on the passat
that's their respective trademark since forever and helps with the instant recognition of each

I have one of these. Really great car.
I have the diesel vrs so its not super fast but it's fun enough and gets 60mpg pretty easily.

The blue is a great colour as well

>skoda and seat are the best

>bbbbut muh golf gti
your neutered piece of shit wannabe hot hatch is good until it blows an engine as soon as it leaves the shop parking lot

You realise that the skodas and seats all use the same engines as their vw cousins don't you.
My octavia vrs has the exact same running gear as the gti.

normies cant into the idea that low end products and high end products use a lot of the same parts and are made in the same factory.

t. vw factory worker

Shit, if they really want to ruin Skoda, just tell them they have to design cars for the American market now.

Can confirm, my dad has one of the older ones, that thing's massive as shit.

It's a V6 one too so it hauls ass even when loaded up for a trip.

>inb4 some chink or pajeet company wants to acquire Skoda

i want a stronk superb station wagon bad

>normies cant into the idea that low end products and high end products use a lot of the same parts and are made in the same factory.
Duh, why else would Audi still exist?

My cousin got annoyed when I told him that his A3 is an overpriced Volk.

for what purpose

To tease him mostly.

>vw
>high end

Here's a fun one. The 5-speed manual in the non-S models is also found in FWD C5 A6s and B5 A4s and Passats.

isn't SEAT getting better now, since they got a new Ibiza and a fuckload of crossovers(bleh)?

Skoda is becoming too competitive for Volkswagen and now in response vw is dialing them back. This is the equivalent to the Pontiac fiero and Saturn as a whole.

Pontiac wanted a bigger engine in the fiero but gm was concerned it would compete too much with the Corvette, so that was shot down. Saturn was doing extremely well again Japanese brands and they were allowed to do whatever they wanted, therefore their funding was cut and Saturn was forced to dig through the gm parts bin.

Vw's dieselgate is the equivalent of gm's ignition switch. They both knew about the problems but decided to hide it from everybody, until it eventually caught up with them.

Volkswagen is practically gm at this point.

based gopniks
i hope skoda doesnt end up like our fallen viking aka saab

Skoda is probably gonna end up like Saturn

my boss has that
My MRS and his octavia are going to have a throwdown on track this week.
I'm more nerveous than if it was a golf or audi quattro.

seat always been hidden gem desu

The Skoda is bigger and probably heavier, is stuck with FWD unlike the Golf R and S3, and only gets the 210hp engine as opposed to the Scirocco R and Leon Cupra (both of which get a slightly detuned Golf R unit).
They purposely nerfed it so it wouldn't compete with the GTI.

Oh and if it's a DSG, it's the last-gen 6-speed DSG as opposed to the Golf's 7-speed.

we need a white knight company buying up all the good brands and reviving them

Skoda is using VW technology for a discount price, but they ARE designing the better cars around it.

>cheaper
>often bigger, therefore more room interior-wise and easier to work on
>look better

I think Volkswagen needs to ask for more money for the technology to make it fair again, but they also need to step up their game.

Also make Seat the next Dacia.

t.a German

>koensiegg was close at buying saab
world would have been better place

outright saying one of your own brands is making better cars than you is one thing but saying you're cutting corners to cover your ass after cheating is not the best move
what a shitfest

>VRS
>Diesel
You fucking mong I'll rip out you liver.
I can slap a R32 badge on a gold sdi its still not a fucking R32.

They literally make a diesel VRS though. It uses the Golf GTD drivetrain.

i love its mustache

>implying the GTD isnt literally a fucking gold tdi with a bodykit
nigger please

They should try to get acquired by a Chinese company, like Volvo and Lotus

And a slightly higher engine tune, and GTI suspension.
It's literally a GTI with a diesel engine and the VRS diesel is the same thing.

>slightly higher engine tune and slightly different suspension settings make it viable to call it a sports model
they literally keep doing this shit because of dumbasses like you.

Give me a few years, and I may make user Automobiles.

Then by your definition the GTI shouldn't be called a sports model either, since it's just a 2.0T with a slightly higher tune and some suspension tweaks.

Afaik it has at least a torbucharger that's unique within the Golf engine family. You would be surprised to know that the only ´suspension tweaks VAG gives the GTI in base trim are shorter springs.

>citigo
citigo is a rebadged Up Exclamation Mark anyway