Do you top off your gas?

if it means I can get the dollar amount exactly to $20, yes I do.

>wiggle the fuck out of the gas pistol for a minute
>still drips onto my paint when I remove it
Should I just kill myself?

Tap it a few times.

Go until it clicks twice in a row, then wait a sec and flip it over as I pull it out to keep gas off paint.

If you mean add more gas after the pump automatically shuts off? No. It's completely unnecessary and you can hurt your emissions and fuel system, because the gas will expand at some point and it needs somewhere to go.

Flip the nozzle round so the top is pointing up. No more dripping.

>rub it off with my hand
>paint comes off
fuck

I cup my hand under the nozzle when filling up my bike

I don't understand people who pay cash for gas. It just doesn't make any sense.

I do it for card too

Yes, I usually squeeze out another full liter, even if it starts sipping out somewhere.
Company car and company card to pay with, bonus points (1...10cents per full liter) go to my membership card.

Wiggling it basically means I tap it side to side in the fill hole.

It'll look retarded but it I guess it works.

Good idea actually. And if it does drip I can use it as hand sanitizer.

>trusting your data to abdullahdullah
>implying the company he uses to process your card won't get hacked
>implying you'll have the money to pay that bill later on

Not recently because those dirty gas station kikes are still jacking up the price of premium to over $3 a gallon even though the hurricane was weeks ago.

Shit same thing here except when I pee.

>not using the complementary paper towels that are provided at each pump to lay under the nozzle during fueling soaking up any drips as you remove the nozzle from the fuel hole thus keeping your paint nice and gas free

Nah. When I used to pay cash sometimes, it made sense. But I only pay with card now. It helps get as accurate of a reading for my tracking with fuelly. Topping off throws it off.

You just blew my mind

What 1st world country do you live in user? I've lived in America all my life and I've never seen a gas station pump with free paper towels at the pump.

fuck yeah i do. i can get a whole extra gallon in

Is this some new form of bait? Literally every gas station I've been to has free paper towels

Just buy a Jerry can and put the remaining gas in there. Then you also have fuel in case of an emergency

I have never seen this in Texas and I'm pretty sure I have never seen it passing through any other state, either.

good luck finding one in florida

Are the niggs really that bad in America? In Canada every single station has paper towels and window wash with squeegees.

Oregon stations have free towels, but not allowed to pump my own gas

No, when it clicks I stop.

sidebar: why don't people keep disinfectant wipes in their car to wipe their hands after pumping gas? There's nothing grosser than a NEVER CLEANED gas station pump -- yet folks pump then get in their car and germ up the interior, dash, iPhone. wtf so gross

No, but if you want to flood the evap system and your activated carbon canister go ahead.

>but not allowed to pump my own gas
Land of the free (tm)

I keep a mini box of wet naps in the car

No, I stop when it clicks. Topping off is a good way for your evap system to get rekt.

>germs living with fuel

Pretty sure your retarded the gas would kill anything organic

>tfw don't have paint for gas to drip onto
Feels good

Last time I tried it fucked my float for a while and my gas gauge did crazy things

Same here in South Texas.

I bet your phone or keyboard and mouse has more bacteria.

Yours are no better.

also, grab a paper towel before beginning fueling.
when done fueling hold towel under/around upturned nozzle as you remove it from fill spout

>being anywhere near zero
>using credit

Lmao

We don't really have the "Chicago or Detroit" kind here, Most black people here are straight off the boat from Africa.. The closest we got to them are the prairie niggs aka wagonburners. They usually keep on their reserves though,

>be me, just filled gas tank to the brim, kept clicking it to get to the next dollar even
>drive home go to bed
>next morning I see my father
>"hey user I put some gas in your car"
>um what how much
>"about 2 gallons"

I have yet to try and drive it so full of gas

Hurr durr the gas is germs

He's talking about the fucking pump itself. There isn't gas spilled all over the handle, and studies have shown that gas pumps are riddled with filth.

new jersey here, can't pump my own either, and these fucking gas station niggers keep trying to round that shit to the nearest dollar instead of just waiting for it to click and stopping. FUCKING ASSHOLES!

It's easier to tip the nozzle forward in the tank for three seconds, then remove it (versus flipping it upsidedown). No drips.

Paper towels are not commonly provided in the Northeastern US.

Only Oregon and NJ do this, they're retarded antiquated laws that the state legislatures want to repeal but the elderly and handicapped flip shit whenever state representatives propose it and it gets shelved.

When it clicks I stop, learned to do 2-3 more from family but in my last car if I tried one more time it would squirt back out so I just stop now.

I use to top my car until it was coming back out of the tank, but was told this is a good way to rekt the evap system, and cause big issues... but I love going almost 100miles before the gauge comes off full.

99 Honda Civic LX... Only has a 11.9 gal tank.

agreed, there are tons of cards that give cashback rewards of 3% or better on gas anyway with no annual fee

don't give a shit if the pump gets hacked, i have multiple credit cards and the truth in lending act protects me from fraud liability. As to not having the money to pay it back, are you fucking kidding? It costs me maybe $30 to fill my car with premium.

If you're Mexican you'll shake and bounce the car every time the pump clicks off so you can fill your charcoal canister full of gasoline.

Yeah. I get at least another half gallon in there after it cuts off depending on the pump. Got up to 1.2 gallons once

You're destroying the charcoal canister. It cuts off for a reason. You shouldn't pump more than once unless you know it's no where near full.

>car
When the fuel is verry cheap.
>bike
Never since I have to add oil to the gas and I don't want to repaint the gas tank again...
>scooter
lolnogas

I see em all the time. Try Wawa or BP. Shitten-efucken doesn't

A lot of hajii places are cheaper with cash, and the discount is worth it over any sort of card cashbacks.

>their cars have Evap systems installed
kek

this

Keeps the immune system strong

this.

on my old car, yes I did a few times

on my newer car, the first fill up I did this and gas spilled out, so I don't do it anymore

Oh. I'll stop doing that.

this. being a clean freak is just becoming an objectively weaker human being

RTFM, almost all manufacturer's say not to top off, and most gas stations have signs everywhere telling you not to because they don't want super-combustible liquid all over their lots.

The dollar amount has to end in 0 or 5.
If it stops at those numbers no.
Otherwise.....

Give me a good card then

>live in nigger states
>complimentary stuff gets stolen
>place stops supplying it

I assume you mean injuns? South Dakota here. I thought black people were lazy and useless
> t. blackanon
But Jesus Christ the Indians around here take that shit to a new level. I've yet to meet one that wasn't a straight up scumbag in one way or another.

wtf is with hwites wanting to live in nigger states y'all need to move to the midwest for we can start ethnostates already

>have car for 8 years
>drip small amount of fuel onto pain at every fill
>paint is now very rough
>paint under fuel port is fine
I dont understand this autism

Gas is a solvent. You don't really want it on your paint especially if you live somewhere with rust.

Maybe but a bit of fuel isn't going to fuck your paint. It evaporates quicker than you could wipe it off. Also lol if you think steel will rust with fuel on it.

It will eventually if you do it once a week. It'll strip your clear coat and paint eventually which is just asking for rust.

Lifelong Texan here this poster is full of shit and also retarded. Every gas station I've ever seen here has them.

this.
why don't more people think like this?

if you try to "top off" a miata you will saturate the charcoal canister for the evap system and your car will smell like gasoline every time you get in it

for fucks sake if this is why my car smells of gas....

to make it simple: never trust women with your car

My charcoal canister was so badly clogged from putting the fuel lines on wrong after doing a repair that it wouldn't even run for more than a couple minutes before sputtering and stalling. I just popped off the evap line and let it vent to the atmosphere lol. Problem solved.

>go to gas station
>has one of those stupid fucking "push all the way in and then push down" eco-friendly bullshit nozzles
>never fucking works, even the guy next to me bitches about it all the time

I fucking hate liberals so much.

>I don't know how gas stations work

Prove it. I've never seen a vehicle with more damage to the paint under the fuel port than anywhere else.

nigga what

I have. It was a company truck and the paint by the filler was FUCKED. like a serious 4 inch crescent below the filler was straight rust. Idk if the guy who used it last was pulling the nozzle out still flowing or what. Never seen anything like it.

guarantee that is precisely why, unless it smells like gas while driving normally, that's a different problem. The charcoal canister fumes only appear after the car's sat for a few hours. Just take it out and let it sit in the sun to evaporate the liquid fuel.

Mine is fucked by the previous owner overfilling the neck.

>Prove it.
Gasoline is a corrosive solvent. It was originally marketed as a paint thinner in the late 1800s.

are you so fucking stupid you can't google this shit yourself? really?

Never had it and I've had my shitbox for like 8 years now.
Show the rest of the paint
OK.

You know there's places other than Florida/Australia... Do this in a rusty place and you're going to have issues.

I live in the Australian tropics by the ocean, m8. You only need to look at car wrong here and it will turn into red dirt.

In NJ it's more of "jersey bitches" and lazy fucks who don't want to touch the nozzles or get out of their car to pump gas, also because "muh jurbs" even though nobody who says that wants to ever work at a gas station, and self-service would probably lower prices. It also takes hella long for haji at the nearby Sunoco or the retarded college freshman at Wawa to get to your car and start pumping gas, then waiting for them to get back after the click.

ps the times I went to Ohio and Illinois it felt so refreshing to get out of the car and pump my own gas instead of waiting what seemed like forever for the attendant.

Wait so let me get this straight... In America theres no cut off when the fuel reaches the top of the nozzle? it just keeps pumping?

And gasoline fumes to pass the fuck out on.

Yes, I love having to buy a new charcoal canister.

nah they have the clicks

but if you want to 'top off' your car then you pull the nozzle out of the tank and squirt the fuel into it until it fills the whole way up.

the reason most manufacturers recommend not topping off your petrol tank is because petrol has a large expansion and contraction with temperature change. By leaving room in the top, the petrol tank will not be forced to over pressurise itself

No

Yes.

I fuel up in NJ, so the Indians do it for me. They do not top it off.

>complementary
>stolen

> related
How many people use the gas cap clip on the filler door instead of letting the cap dangle against the rear 1/4 panel?
> negated if cap isn't attached at all
> i know, autism overdrive...

Naw - fill it up until the pistol refuses to fill any more. No point filling it all the way up when I'm gonna refuel in 7 days or less anyways

There's a difference between taking a complimentary paper towel to wipe down your filler cap/window and taking the whole roll because you're a nigger and don't want to buy one for yourself.

same. i have the wet wipe ready to use after pumping, then throw it away in the gas station's bin