/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

Last Thread : >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Age of Decadence, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EddX9hnhDS4
twitter.com/DarkestDungeon/status/876175792006283265
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Niko can't be that cute!

There's no way she can finish that.

Hi

that is way too many pancakes for them

i wanna lick buddy's pusy

user no

Fuck this lil cunt.

AHAHAHHA *muffled Jetpack noises*

I can't fucking put into words just how much I hate it when Mental Breakdown or Cryostasis automatically ending combat loses me a long ass fight. Because I hate it. I really fucking hate it. Hate. Hate.

youtube.com/watch?v=EddX9hnhDS4

About this much?

>you'll never play OneShot for the first time again

What do you guys think of Fran Bow?

I'll get around to it eventually.

Sure you will, if you find some way to induce amnesia.

I'm not a huge fan of horror games, but I'll probably watch a playthrough eventually

>Carol Tea will never crush your head with her thighs like a melon
Why even live

I guess I'll settle down for just FP2
Preorder when

Well no, I mean I haven't played it yet.

Kinda sucks that they got a new artist

You mean sprites or splash art?

AT LEAST that much.

Splash art, but now that you mention it I do kinda prefer the old sprites as well.

>try Payday 2
>swats are just mook
>try Doorkickers
>Swats just kill everyone
Is there any game that do the SWAT "right"? I'm thinking of a game kinda like Counter Strike, but with a story, and against bots. Not that competitive meta bullshit.

Ehhhh, I don't mind the change

twitter.com/DarkestDungeon/status/876175792006283265

Boss battle preview for Crimson Court.

SWAT 4

Is it good?

Very good

Since when did casting mental breakdown do that?

How good are we talking?

Like, it is a goddamn classic that did what it did better than most things.

I think I saw it on GoG. I'll take it.

I don't suppose it's still played online?

Mental Breakdown breaks line of sight, which means if there is only one enemy and you cast it on him, you can exit combat immediately. But if you don't, combat will still automatically end after the second turn. Which means your combat cooldown and Mental Breakdown both end at the exact same moment. It's a very easy mistake to forget about this in the heat of the moment.

Any incapacitation effect that also makes the enemy lose sight of you ends combat.

That's because you are technically not "in combat" if there is no enemies who see you.

Although I'm fairly certain I have done this before, I decided to retrace the steps of our only person who has reported a mutant sighting, and 100%'d everything that can be 100%'d before venturing into the depot. To the shock of absolutely no one it didn't result in anything unusual, but at least we can cross some options off the list.

I'm leaning more and more towards random encounter. Was there anything on the guy's screenshot that could be any kind of help? Was he playing with classic exp? Unlike him after doing everything I was still only level 10.

Me too. It feels like a real adventure just because the world is so big and dense.

>tfw Uurnog was a disappointment

I liked it, it's got a lot of potential, but it's just over in like 3 seconds. On his forums Nifflas is talking about maybe expanding it in future.

When is he making affordable space adventures 2
I fucking loved that game

God damn I don't want to buy a Wii U for one game.

Rainbow Six Siege Terrorist Hunt
This and the Czech expansion. The expansion is best for solo

Has anyone told Styg. Tonight might be the night I finally make an account and report the handful of bugs I've encountered

Yes, there are some tactical shooter groups hosting their own servers and scheduling games

I'm pretty sure this is not a bug, and Styg is aware of it. It's just incredibly fucking annoying when you die like this.

But make that account and report the bugs you've collected anyway. If you do it you are a better man than I am.

I...
Was born with thick skin

Expedition soon!

I bet it's taking this long because the entire team is taking jet ski lessons to make the most authentic experience possible!

>/indie/ thread in 2025
>EXPEDITION SOON!

Right after the Antibirth update.

And they probably visit Waterworld theme parks all the time to get the atmosphere just right!

I can see it now
pls matpat I need to pay my hospital bills

So what's the next hot /indie/ topic?

I can't believe he's literally Gaster

Ending sucks
I hate bullshit """interpretive""" """""endings"""""
Feels like there was another chapter planned that ties everything together that was just cut

That said, the rest of the game was good enough that the lack of a proper ending really bothered me

Lack of an ending bothered me too so I made my own headcanon.
Fran is dead the whole time. From the start of the game, Fran is possessed by the demon and kills her parents. After she is killed by the doctor, she is sent back to the human world as a "spirit" or someone who can travel through realities. The demon realizes that he fucked up and tries to kill her but she escapes to the tree-reality. Eventually she travels to meet the Mother where it tries to show her how she died to trap her in despair, but then Mr. Skeleton and tree-dragon save her and kitty.
Also, I think some of this was explained in the journals
The dark creatures (Kamalas?) are humans that have fallen into despair. The light creatures are the dark creatures who have been "saved" somehow. Fran meets with tons of other types of spirits.

>image
I'm jealous of this artist's shading.

iconoclasts

bump

at least post an indie

Loot rascals

goodnight /indie/

tfw can't do more than a few runs at a time in darkest dungeon because of the stress

/indie/ is dead! Long live /indie/!

Play a better game.

Card City Night 2's release date has been pushed back to September 2.

Steam Summer Sale is coming, recommend me good indies and hidden gems.

but cook serve delicious 2 isn't out yet

If it's Darkest Dungeon, you can just buy a dice of 20, and roll it.
Everytime you get anything else than 20, you lose. Guaranteed to be exactly like Darkest Dungeon.

How's the atmosphere in Hollow Knight? Is it like OFF or Dark Souls, of a ruined world agonizing?

the dicebag doesn't come with atmosphere and a narrator

Just put a tin can over your face, pick a low-pitched voice, and you're the narrator.

And be as bullshitty as you can, with chuuni bullshit like "they won one battle, but they were losing the war for their sanity".

OFF is quirky and weird.

So: Hollow Knight is more like Dark Souls.

Renowned Explorers, anyone?

>there are people who finished NG+ with no deaths
>meaning they own every single fight with no casulties whatsoever

>the average NG+ runs is at least 60 weeks
>each weeks is at least 10 fights
>each fight is at least 4 turns on average
>each turn is 8 actions on average, 4 actions of your party and 4 actions of enemies
>each action is at least 2 rolls for hit chance/crit, hit chance/stun etc.

>60*10*4*8*2=38400 rolls during the entire game
>there is 0.05 chance of rolling 20 on d20

>0.05^38400 = 2.8065094126466313911100747472144603689642948974799*10^-49960

>this is what people who can't into risk managment actually believe

Just don't get addicted to the painkillers my man

Choice of Games

The first half of the game was good, but it went downhill pretty quick after going to the super happy fantasy land. That part just threw off the tone that the rest of the game had set and then it continued to get wackier with the spaceship part.

I understand this reference.

>Gauntlet
What the fuck is this shit.

Who thought this was a good idea.

You need to git gud.

The true suffering is doing the Gautlet on ironman runs.

I GOT THE BURROWER LEVEL FOUR TIMES IN A ROW DAMMIT

am i total shit or is that game meant to be played with friends? i tried to solo as the shield dude, and i got totally stuck just a few maps in on the campaign or whatever.

I'm not talking about that Gauntlet user.

whoops. what game are you talking about then?

Underrail, there's a place in the game that is a "challenge run" called "Gauntlet".

It's not too bad. I did it with a crossbow girl, and you don't even have to win the whole gauntlet in order to progress with the main story.

VIGILO CONFIDO

Are you trying to say that EA is controlled by aliens?

What inhuman monster can do that? They can't be human.

>and you don't even have to win the whole gauntlet in order to progress with the main story
He's not talking about the Arena.

He's talking about the Gautlet, the challenge where you run through 4 random levels selected out of 8 possible and need to finish it before the time runs out or you die.

Oh that. Yeah, THAT's a real load of bullshit.

That fucking burrower level...

>killed Antidas
>killed Gaelius
>killed Meru
>killed Paullus
I killed every important person in the world. I'm satisfied.

What's even the plot in that game? People are fighting for dominance, but are you necessarily fucked up the moment you kill Paullus?

>Afterbirth+ on sale
>Still not the promised $6.66 from the original launch
Still not buying it Steakmund.

It's not worth it anyway