[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

1800cc is just as much fun as 18000cc edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group

/dbt/ map: Meet & fuck.
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:
A2 bikes:
>a2bikes.co.uk/

Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LIPc1cfS-oQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AsGxCUxtmBA
youtu.be/qBJYxZk5SyE
youtube.com/watch?v=zuCjHXLHGUk
youtube.com/watch?v=_b9akEQQJng
youtube.com/watch?v=pqmPsbZZVTM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUxKdwAQ4w
youtube.com/watch?v=_OvWftCLZgo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Suzuki

Second for what bike is gud?

1500 EUR budget, full A's so no restrictions. I'd prefer anything made before 1992 (cheap insurance), and something lightweight.

Took my scoot for a rip today. Straight to the café for $5 toast. Saw some liter bikes stuck behind cars so I weaved passed them. Don't worry though, I waved my left hand while upshifting my clutchless transmission. Might go for another ride later but this cute barista is calling my name.

>1200cc
>109bhp

Is my bike really underpowered, or is this good?

Normies look at it and get scared but I still feel wanting for more.

>109bhp
>underpowered

Chances are it's a machine that goes 0-60 faster than 99,8% of the vehicles on the road

yeah does it in 3 seconds but often I will be behind a car looking for an overtake and I wish it could do it a bit faster

I am wondering if it would be worth me getting a ZZR 1400 in the future when they put on a few years and miles.

Why not 1000cc 200hp?

from a practical point of view 2 cylinder is better than 4 cylinder

I should have got a 3 cylinder bike though as it has the best of both.

>0-60 in 3 seconds isn't fast enough
Get nitrous.

You can get 1200cc 195hp V-twins.

>looking for first car
>getting drawn to old 2 smokes instead
send help

I would ride this thing so fucking hard

Iktf. I love my fz6, and 100hp is still pretty quick, but I've been finding myself eyeing fz1s lately...

Then 1299cc and 200 hp

Less power, more weight
Power stops at 7k
More torque where it's useless

youre on the right path my child

its not really that, its when I'm overtaking a vehicle that's going about 40mph and I wish it had a bit more power to just get around the thing.

My bike is also pig fat and I get envious seeing guys on smaller bikes get through traffic.

I still think its one of the greatest and most underrated bikes though. Maybe I am being too picky, from a practical point of view my bike couldn't be better, light, comfortable, muh torque, real head turner.

That's not the point
It's nearly 2 liters and already stretched
With boost it's a bitching dragbike

loks so stupid.

Then downshift to the powerband.

Are you implying that pic related isn't fun?

I really want one

1500€ ain't much

Whaddya want? Any jap bike is a solid choice.

Dualsport? Sportsbike? Naked? You can pretty much choose anything before 2000, and that's a lot. inb4 gs500.

>dear blog

Hit the toogay today after some suspension adjustment and learned quite a bit.

Default is 3 lines out for preload, 7 clicks for dampening.

The bike was glued in corners but it was a mess to manage otherwise. Acted like a pogo stick on rough sections and moved around a lot when applying the brakes and accelerating. Hard braking produced made the rear wheel go up way too easy.

Went with 1.5 lines of preload and 5 clicks of dampening.

It did become very manageable on rough sections and it behaved a lot better under hard braking, but all else was horrible.

First thing I noticed is as I'm runing Conti Race Attack Comps and they're very soft, the front tire was forced to work as part of the suspension until completely warmed up (as internal pressure increases by 0.3 bar, give or take). This made the first toogay run horrible with the front moving all over the place.

Turn in was also turned to shit, you had to shove the bike into the corners. I think this has to do with the front not compressing enough, though I'm not entirely sure.

But the worst thing was the feedback disappearing completely from the front. The front felt pretty dead/static, it was difficult to trust it.

I'm going to go back there again tomorrow with settings close to stock and see how it feels.

HOLY SHIT KIT KAT MADE SENSE STAHP EVERYTHING

Kit kat has a point though. Pic related has 90hp and I downshift all the way to first/second and the front comes up sometimes as I'm overtaking slow vehicles. Work on your riding skills maybe? Unless you're trying to overtake a busa on the autobahn

The new Valkyrie looks absolutely gaudy. I want the old Valkyrie - as a mild bagger.

yeah I have a bad habit of riding in too high a gear. I really dislike riding in 1st for too long as it feels like the engine is being rekt, I will try overtaking right down in 2nd though, usually I am in 4th when I do it.

haha 125's are so much fun haha.
I don't even want a bigger bike.
only 335 days till I can do my A licence but who's counting hahaha not me.
who needs speed when you've got fuel economy am I right haha.
where my 125 bros at 125 for lyfe hahhahahaaaaaaaaaaa

so does ACF 50 literally make my bike completely 100% salt and water and dirt proof?

Will it totally burn off my engine?

They can be pretty fun. The Grom is a really great urban exploration bike. 3 other friends have Groms and we were riding through the hallways of an abandoned school one time, it was a blast.

you will get some old rusty jap scrap and regret it. spend the money and get yourself something decent.

>implying I can get something not-Jap at this budget
I'd prefer something before 1992 since those are 25 yo, meaning I get a huge insurance and road tax discount.

Dualsports at that budget and age are usually beat to death, sportsbikes are ugly 80s plastic fantastic, cruisers are 80s ugly, so that leaves mostly naked/standard/UJM bikes.

I know it'll be mostly crap, I don't care.

>trips
unfortunately, its a honda.

pissing about on a grom is not 125 lyfe you fucking poser.

t. wr cuck

Gud weather
shit bikes

>Buy a Goldwing 1500 that has been stripped of it's cumbersome grand tourer features.

>Start adding them back.

Reeee.

is that extended swingarm?

Protip: Set preload by gearing up, sitting on the bike, and having a friend set the sag for you. several motorcycle shops will do this for you for like fifty bucks.

damping is personal choice but preload is personal reality

Where? Looks like eastern US

where does this sportbikes can't filter meme come from? scooters with those leg guards are about as wide and the only clearance issue that matters is side mirrors, and your shoulders are probably wider than your bike. i know my shoulders are wider than a fireblade. when i filter i have to squirm around and duck while trying to go straight as to not wreck a shoulder on someone's giant fucking tow mirror. a scooter wouldn't make this much better.

Lets say I go down hard in the middle of nowhere and my bike won't start, what do I do? Who do I even call?

What bike? GL1200?

a buddy, your mum, a mechanic, the ghost busters, an ambulance, all of the above.

a better turning radius can help if you're trying to change directions in tight lanes

i rekt in the middle of nowhere and broke my leg. I called my dad to come get the bike and a passerby called an ambulance to get me.

So you're one of those asshats who filters between two lanes and then cuts between two cars horizontally to go to the next lane? Because a sportbike's turning radius is more than sufficient for weaving.

I creep up to people's bumpers when I see you faggots coming. Just to remind you of how stupidly dangerous that is, for you, me, and anyone filtering in the next lane over.

Stock goldwing swingarm

>clouds so dark it made day look light night
>torrential rain
>blasting over the (now flooded) highway
>this song comes on youtu.be/LIPc1cfS-oQ

All them feels came out

why doesn't honda put a goldwing engine in a grom frame?

Because a Goldwing engine is bigger than a Grom

>Rammstein feels
that's why I listen to euromeme to help bottle it up

Central Texas

dude these lyrics are cringe af lmao

In the rain nobody can see the tears.

You're cringe af

no u

Just listen to Rammstein dude

Thank you, I'll take that into account.

I've got some reading to do as far as suspension goes.

You probably could get an Aprilia Pegaso or a beaten up 650GS, but I'm not sure if those are good choices.

If on a tight budget, don't forget more cylinders and more cc mean worse empeegees. Fuelly is your friend.

not my type of music, lad

youtube.com/watch?v=AsGxCUxtmBA

How much riding experience would someone need, in your opinion, before buying an 1400cc donormachine (busa or zzr1400). I want to live in the fast lane.

I rode a 125 for 9 months before getting myself a litre bike and I'm still fine.

I don't know, maybe 5+ years it depends on how much the person rides and how well

Only if you speak kraut. :^)

Between 0 and a 1000 days

>ride 600cc sportbike
>filter through traffic on one wheel
>the front one

>there are people who don't speak Nazi

according to keith code your rider sag should compress suspension about 1/3 of its total travel

which i do lmao

>tfw no cub

There is something majestic about seeing them big bikes popping a wheelie

like a fat man doing a sit-up

That's the point isn't it?

12 months of actively riding and 2-4 track days on a 600cc sportbike.

Are there any movie-bikes/scenes that will always hold that special place in your ass?
For me, this is a undoubtedly strong contender. Trinity's Ducati 996 in The Matrix: Reloaded.
Pic related, me n bby ridin' into oncoming traffic.

youtu.be/qBJYxZk5SyE

Thoughts on Roland Sands jackets?

Thinking of getting either the Ronin model or the Clash model. Each are a little over 600 but it's real leather, and seems to be quality construction, places for armor and all that.

Anyone own one of their products?

I love that scene. I would totally get a Matrix 998 (the movie one is a 996 but they actually released the limited Matrix edition as a 998) but they're more green than I'd like them to be. I didn't realize it was green until just a few weeks ago when I saw one for sale. Color correction in the movie makes it look black, I would totally get one in black.

Yeah its 600 dollars for thinner leather and no included armor in the jacket. also every leather jacket is real leather. Might as well look at Dainese or Rev'it, Alpinestars etc. They're all REAL leather and make better jackets than roland meme. The only legit one roland makes is the sonoma.

the goldwing would probably be scraping tail before it even got close to balance point

Yup. The Goldwing itself is just too wrapped in fairing, and you can't remove any of it without making it look like something's missing, not even the top case.

tron ducati scene
vanishing point with the naked chick riding the bike

there arent enough motorcycle movies. CHiPs was actually pretty good. i cant really think of any other movies with bike scenes right now
youtube.com/watch?v=zuCjHXLHGUk

I was just checking out the jackets of the sites you listed and Riv'it's Stewart jacket looks really nice.

I think I want to get that one

buell?

youtube.com/watch?v=_b9akEQQJng
we really need a motorbike movie with this type of style through out

its like watching a whal break the surface of the ocean. nothing quite like it

youtube.com/watch?v=pqmPsbZZVTM

Rev'it makes solid shit. I have a pair of their gloves for winter riding. Good quality and comfy.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUxKdwAQ4w

S1000RR goodness

Chips had some great stunts, my favorite was when he was taking the big ass police bike up that hill and was bouncing all over the place. It's wild.

hell yeah. i love seeing cars or bikes doing things theyre not supposed to be able to do.

youtube.com/watch?v=_OvWftCLZgo

If you’re an AMA member and you’re not hurt, you can call them.

Jesus they just get bigger and bigger every year.

I really want this as my first bike..
anyone got some insight on this?

It's just an er6
Get an SV

>cheap
>simple
>torquey
>not too much power
If it fits you in terms of size, go for it.

so it's the same as a ninja just different cosmetically?

Cars are much worse tbqh.

Motorcycles stayed more or less on point, I reckon.

no its a v twin.
how did you get that idea?

rev matching is so much more important on a bike than a manual trans car. Also almost leaned the hard way today that you need to check the ground first before you decide to put your feet down, started to slide on some gravel.