Other urls found in this thread:

cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/honda-civic-vs-mazda3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nothing

the styling. dynamically it's decent.

The first Civic had a sport trim?

>the headlights get progressively more angry
>except for the retarded gen7 googly eyes

Gen 7 is still the best gen, though. Dashboard shifting just made sense. And you looked cool doing it without even trying. You could be a total normie and nobody would care.

> Dashboard shifting
> Wanting a giant dong sticking up from your dash

Yes.

Nothing. The Mazda 3 is just a better economy car

cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/honda-civic-vs-mazda3
Wrong.

Nothing.
I just hope the turbo GDI engine and cvt don't shit the bed on me

Why don't you drive the cars yourself and make your own conclusion? Instead of a label reading "contest"

>I just hope the turbo GDI engine and cvt don't shit the bed on me
Do you Think they made it very reliable? could it last 300k km

Also original rims look better imo

Gonna have to respectively disagree with you m8, those wheels are nice af. Stock EX-T wheels aren't bad, though.

*respectfully

I don't like the oem rims, they just look odd to me.

>look odd to me.
Now that you say that they do look odd, but i'm still missing the Honda symbol.

I thought ome was this pic, It's looks better. even The 1.0 liter rims looks better that that(of the sedan)

Those are the touring wheels.

nothing, it's just grown with the times. the problem is there's no more sub-2500-lb. hatchback and sedans being made because of globalization and safety requirements.

honda hrv

Good point, but it's not sporty enough for my taste (or at all for that matter), and it's fuck-ugly.

The civic became a compact when they got rid of double wishbone suspension on the rear.
If you want a small car you have to get the Fit.

Doesnt the corolla hatch have double wishbone front and rear? Just needs a bigger engine or turbo to compete

The Honda Fit weighs like 2300 lbs

>no DOHC VTEC aside from type r
>si has a shitty j or l series engine from a fucking fit/jazz

The FN2 is objectively better because of those reasons alone. The new type r is fucking secksy as hell tho

Even the regular Civic turbo with a CVT is faster than the old Si

It's close, but it's still a few tenths of a second slower. And only that close with the CVT.

The best SI is still the 8th gen though, which is slower than both.

You mean the car that literally falls apart? Build quality for 8th gen Civics is atrocious

First I've ever heard that.

I've had to deal with plenty of them, they age like ass and random things just straight up stop working
And if your is made in Canada enjoy your sunfaded paint

Are you sure that's not just because they're getting older while still in wide usage?

Doesn't matter. There's no real VTEC and a fuckin CVT? That's for pussies. It's barely an si at all. Last gen was better because stick and VTEC. CVT and auto is cancer.

There are other 10 year old cars that aged better

t. boi racer

But I guess boi racers are the only ones interested in the Civic Si

That's to be expected though, isn't it? There are Lexus and Toyota's out there. If you're in the top 2 percentile, that means there are still some out there better than you.

>no real VTEC
The way you word that suggests you are are a retard with no mechanical knowledge of cars. Like you unironically believe VTEC to be some kind of mechanical wizard sauce that they pour into the valve covers to make magical horsepower. I could forgive people for talking like this back in the 1990s, but variable valve timing/lift systems are so commonplace now that it's absolutely inexcusable.

And they gave it a CVT and no true VTEC. Seems like Honda is aiming it towards smartphone girls. That can't be said for the new Type R though which is just utter rice bliss and I love it.

you know the new si has a 6mt, not a cvt right?
the ext with cvt is faster than the previous si

Holy shit.. Does it really? I remember reading in an article a while ago that it was CVT only and didn't have a detuned version of the type r's k20. Rather a turbocharged R series motor.

it's got the same 1.5T as the ext, uptuned to the same HP as the previous si, with more torque

Si is manual only. The turbo engine 10th gen civics started as CVT only, but that was only for 2016.