Sunroof

What's Veeky Forumspinion on this?
>Do you like it? Y/N why?
>Would you like own a car with sunroof?

Let's discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vLYj6soSgjk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're nice for those couple nights a year where it's comfy to open them up. But if it's a super expensive option, it's hard to justify it.

At least post a quality example.

>no panoramic glass roof
what? are you poorfag?

Also which kind of sunroof you like more?
>small window (like in OP pic)
>half-front
>glass roof

For me, I don't use it at all. So if ever I buy a new car, I'm not gonna opt one. Plus I guess it adds a of weight.

I don't like it because it's too hot to use it most of the time so it's just extra weight, makes the chassis more of a wet noodle, more shit to break, etc.
I do own a car with a sunroof and I wish it didn't have it.

t. user that's pissed off he has to clear clogged sunroof drains because it leaks onto his carpet despite not even wanting the piece of shit in the first place

I never really use them in cars that have them. They're fine in a big SUV or sedan. They add weight, flexibility and are prone to leaks and hail damage.

With the size of modern windows they are almost essential.

Tell me you drive an e39

Nope, it's a headgasket meme machine

They should be panoramic or nothing. I have a small one. They're just pointless.

They always fascinated me, but only ones like in OP pic.
Half or full glass roof never got me.
I always wanted to ride on midnight, alone, comfy music, enjoying the view of starry sky

I'd rather not deal with more sunlight shining into my interior on a bright sunny day, it just makes it harder on my eyes.

Got one in the Grand Cherokee and it's South Florida so mad sun and I have to close the little cover deal most of the time or it gets too fuckin hot. Black car doesn't help either. It's real nice at night on the beach tho.

I only use it when this song comes up on my playlist youtube.com/watch?v=vLYj6soSgjk
on my aw11 for that
>A E S T H E T I C
Feel

>no pic
aww man

Of the roof window or the aw11 itself?

glasstop only, unless it slides back so far it looks like a spoiler

Both, have you something like pic related?

No they're for normies who like skin cancer and they eventually rust and leak

sunroof popped open all day everyday man
it really completes the car imo

>Sunroofs
Let's just go for T tops instead.

My Nissan Pathfinder has a sunroof and I use it when I can but it had every option installed. I could live without it but otherwise not a necessity.

> Lowers the ceiling of the car
> Leaks
> Allows solar heating into the car
> Weak point in an impact
> Heavy glass up top where I don't want the weight

Nah. I'll stick with some nice sheet metal there, I think.

Nah I only have a picture of me and my gf next to it where you can see it but I look like trash and another one of just my gf leaning on my car with my roof windo clearly visible. So no I do not sorry.

I like them. Makes the cabin feel bigger and more open imo.

No, it's never used, and it makes the ceiling lower, I risk hitting my head every time I go over a speed bump.

Hate them. Rather have a lighter and more structural integral piece of metal. Oh and once the rubber dry rots expect leaks

You do realize if you crack it open in hot weather it keeps the interior of your car from turning into an oven, when parked, right?

Or are you unaware of that?

You can do that with the normal windows too. I also have a custom fit sunshade and window tint (35% front/20% rear) so it's cool enough inside without having to crack any windows anyway, mitigating theft risk.

i like them, but user makes some valid points

as applies to my car:
> Lowers the ceiling of the car
cathedral-like overhead space. non-issue
> Leaks
not anymore
> Allows solar heating into the car
yeah, it doesn't even have the sliding cover
> Weak point in an impact
it's aftermarket, several braces were removed to install it. hope i don't roll
> Heavy glass up top where I don't want the weight
got plenty of weight down low

It's nice for the comfy sedan
My only concern is one time I opened it and a piece of wire and rubber fell onto the centre console
No problems since lmao

>Do you like it? Y/N why?
Yes, I like having the air. When I had the Acura or my Lexus I probably used it 10% of my drive time.
>Would you like own a car with sunroof?
Yeah it's pleasant. I wish my Fiat has one.

Yes, they are very nice especially if you live somewhere with nice weather often. Driving around with all the windows open and the sunroof open with some nice tunes playing is a great feeling.

only sunroof that matters

Full panoramic, yes. Everything else, no.

I've owned plenty of cars with sunroofs and never had a single problem with them

They are terrible. They are a maintenance item, yet I guarantee less than 1% of people that have them maintain them. I've seen them fail in every way imaginable. Even if they were reliable and trouble free I don't understand the appeal, on most cars they open behind or directly above your head, so you get no added airflow, no vision, just increased chance of sunburn and bird shit in your car.

Haven't seen a single sunroof fail

Stop driving shitty cars

Fun Fact, there is a difference between a "Sun Roof" and a "Moon Roof". A sun roof has no window, while a moon roof has a window

Your sample size is 1 or 2 cars. My sample size is thousands of cars, all of which are nicer than anything you have or will ever own.

Nicer than a modern S Class? Sure thing kiddo

It's nice to have. I like it more at night for the cool air. During the day, the sun just beats down on your head

>modern S class
I like how you didn't specify the year, wouldn't want to spoil your credibility by revealing you have a $5k 2004 S430. An out of warranty S class is about as shitty as gets.

They're amazingly useful for tailgaters. Just prop it open and throw a bunch of pennies out the top.

why haven't I filtered your dumb ass yet

2013 W221

You haven't made a single useful post your entire time on this board. It's always been sand in your vagina

No, you should just stop buying shitty cars. My Avalon has a sun roof and it's been to Florida to Alaska and back in 16 years I've had it. 0 issues with ANYTHING.

My shitbox Golf had a sunroof. The track rattled fucking constantly. If the car was running, the track was rattling. I had to stuff rags in there to keep it quiet. Also the motor was fucked. Turning the knob did nothing, but it would randomly open itself every once in a while, usually on the highway in the winter. I just pulled the fuse. Fuck that noise.

>I'm downvoting you! Please read this!

>your posts aren't useful because they hurt my feelings!

>buying shitty cars
I have never and will never buy a car with a sunroof. Why do you think your sample size of 1 means anything?

lol triggered

sand in bagaina confirmeed

Literally shitposting. See what I mean about you never making a single useful or helpful post?

I think Mighty Benz might be the only regular trip fag left who's actually helpful

Here's an example of a constructive, intelligent, helpful post
>I've worked on sunroofs of many different models over the course of a decade, from all major brands. They often fail, are rarely maintained and offer almost no benefit

Here's an example of a shitpost
>I HAVE A SUNROOF AND IT'S NOT BROKEN. YOU'RE A SHITPOSTER. I'M GOING TO FILTER YOU. THIS BOARD ISN'T LIKE IT USED TO BE

It seems like you and several other posters ITT think that getting your feelings hurt = someone is shitposting. Maybe you shouldn't be so thin skinned.

>DURR SUNROOFS R SHIT THEY ALWAYS BREAK

>I disagree, I have found them very reliable in a variety of cats from different makes

See? I can do it to

Don't argue with retards like heartbreaker, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

>I can do it too
Yet you didn't, and unlike what I say, your post isn't true, you do not have a large enough sample size to offer any valuable experience with sunroofs. My first post was plenty reasonable, all responses so far have been literally
>your cars are shit my car has a sunroof and is the best

>let me stick a nice thorny stick up my ass
>hurr durr I must be hurting ur feelings

>but ur lying

simply epik

I'm planning on buying a 2007 meme. How has the H6 treated you?

It's not an H6, sorry to disappoint. Just a piddly little EJ25D here. Still love it though.

You might be thinking of this one I've seen around that actually is EZ30 swapped.

im split on them honestly would much rather have t tops, but either adds way too much weight up top and sunroofs lower the roof too much

Both look real good my dude. I hate that they've turned the new outbacks and legacies into.

Happy driving.

Thanks user, pretty much all of them I see are clapped out rustboxes so I try to keep mine clean.

I like them because of nostalgia, but in the real world all they really do is make the car heavier and give the driver a free shower.

they're pointless

added weight, just another negligible luxury function that is an added point of failure

>my job is to maintain cars
>i don't maintain the sunroof when you bring it in
>i post that sunroofs are shit on a mongolian picture sharing website

its great, but its easy to live without

because less noise than when windows are down but you still get the air in

Therefore talking about "classic" sunroof (like pic related) some points and questions come up:
>heavy
It being understoid that panoramic or full glass roof add more weight on top of car, are sunroofs like pic related so heavy?
With motor many still weight about 40lbs/20kg
>reduce stiffness
OEM sits between main beams, so they just replace a little portion of sheet metal but don't affect structural integrity. Tough some aftermarket on some cars could fuck up with it
>leaks
This depend of quality built, quality of materials, age of components and maintenance. Of course a 60s Rover sunroof is more prone to have problems instead a 2017 Lexus one
>heating
most sunroof glasses are darkened or have a protective film plus a sliding cover
>lower the ceiling
It's just few inches/cms thick and fits space between ceiling of cockpit and exterior metal sheet.
>pointless
subjective, same goes with leather seats, infogayment, autotragic, etc, etc.

>drive and chill on summer

This

>no added airflow

How about no? it makes an immediate and noticeable difference in my car.

Just another thing to break

I like them. In fact, I love the one on my 1998 cheapo Mercedes. Not having one would be a big minus for a daily driven car.

I enjoy it very much in the summer. I prefer it over A/C 90% of the time. The other 10% are when it's over 35 degrees Celsius.

That said, I understand it's an expensive options for most new cars and you might not say no to a good deal on a used car because of it. It also raises the center of gravity for performance cars.