Dumb Shit Non-Car People Have Said

ITT: The dumbest things you've heard non-car people say.

Seen people do these before. Throw out your worst answers.

>hey user whers the enjine???????????
>hey user why not sell this old piece of junk and buy a new crossover??????????
>why would you want a sports car, you can't even go fast legally!!!!!!!

And the most fucking angering of all
>hey user whut car do u drive??????
>mr2 sw20 tarbo
>*roastie proceeds to google because abstract 90s shitbox*
>*reads the whole "most dangerous car you can buy" shit*
>OMG user YOURE GOING TO DIE

>Why don't you drive a real vehicle (truck), instead of your shitty 4 banger (3k civic)?

Is the snap oversteer really a meme though? I don't understand why it would have gained this horrible reputation if it's not really an issue.

it really is a meme, other cars like RR layouts are never mentioned because really it doesnt exist unless youre a bad driver

Roasties BTFO

>that's a cute car!
>thanks...
I'm getting used to it

The handling was changed in 1993. It's only the ones made before then that can be twitchy.

It's a meme until your brain ends up wrapped around a phone pole.

>"Bugatti is Italian rite???"

come to think of it, I actually don't know which country makes bughatti lmao. Their cars are so out of my league that I never really cared about them

France. Honestly I don't hear about them much anyway so they're kinda forgettable imo

the mr2 w3 has all mass concentrated in the middle. this yields a really small moment of inertia and thus a higher rotational speed for the same energy.
thus, a porsche 911 will rotate far slower than a mr2

The marque is French, up to 50's something.
The first revival was the EB110, which was built in Italy.
The second revival was under VAG(Germans), who build it in France.

Whenever I see a MX-5 with plasti-dip angry eyes, I want to strangle the driver.

I see people do this with Dodge Neons

Literally all mid-engined cars without traction control handle that way. It's only a meme because most mid-engined cars are expensive in comparison to MR2s making it easily accessible to stupid kids who can't drive.

Monsieur Bugatti WAS an Italian man, user. He might have moved to France and built cars there, but it's not like they think the make is Italian for no reason at all.

>"Why do you have a tractor steering wheel?"

fucking god

>Cocky Teenager: "My V6 Mustang will smoke your (insert car name here)"

They're right though.

3k truck any day over a civic.

Literally a meme, never had any issues in an aw11. Snow rain ice or sun, no issues sliding it like a ford ranger.

>40-130mph pull in pic related with lady friend
>has open headers, DOHC V6, 7500rpm redline

"Cute car!"

"You have to change the oil in a car"? I thought it was just there and you sometimes add some when it gets low."

>mfw

It is optional. Y'know if you want your fucking engine to die.

But user
It IS a cute car
Just embrace it

I nearly had a brain aneurysm listening to my driving instructor explain how a clutch and turbo charger work.

Explain so we can embrace the cringe

To be fair most people's oil is changed with their service anyway, so they'd have reason to believe this was true.

>"What's transmission fluid?"
My mum when I asked the last time she got it changed. She's owned it for 12 years.

Any car with round headlights and an insecure owner will receive some sort of angry headlight modification.

>Namefag is insecure that he can't use his car to overcompensate
Who would have known?

I can't really remember what she said about the clutch, I don't think she did either. Lots of faux-jargon that clearly didn't mean anything.

The turbo explanation however is a different story. It's very hard to explain what she meant, so i've drawn a diagram. Long story short, she told me that a turbo charger was a literal jet engine that boosts the car along like an afterburner, and that that's the reason sports cars often have twin exhaust pipes. She was so sure of herself too.

>"Subaru's arent rally cars what user?!"
>"Yea but WRX's are too light, the wind will blow them over"
>Subie rumble isn't cuz of UEL's!"

>bro this bmw has nothing wrong with it on craigslist the only thing is a blown headgasket what is that
>"an expensive fix"
>but can I drive with it?
or
>bro your baja bug is sick af
>where can I get bucket cars like that
>"craigslist"
or
>bro my parents are weird they won't buy me a car

I fucking hate people sometimes

This isn't how normal people communicate, user. Non-car people aren't aware of what kind of headers their car has. If you're going to pretend that people speak to you, you need to apply yourself.

>fails to impress girl with with car
>call her stupid on cambodian shoelacing notice board

Kek

>"All it needs is a new crank sensor and it'll run like new"
Had to replace the fuel tank, pump, injectors, fuel rail, mfi sensor, all of the relays, the crank sensor and cam sensor before it ran. The fuel tank had about 15 gallons of pure red sludge in it. Fucking Mexicans.
>"Can you drive manual"
>"Yeah of course I can, i daily a manual"
proceeds to show me a tiptronic
>"Thats not a manual, lemme show you a real manual"
>"Oh yeah I can drive this easy"
Proceeds to start grinding my clutch to dust before I tell him to stop, and he stalls trying to do so
>"Bro your clutch is super unforgiving"
My 14y/o brother can drive it without stalling

I mean technically the turbo is a turbine, and it does shoot flames out the back sometimes...

dumb whore

fuck I don't even like bmws and that makes me angry

What if it's her BMW?

That's the point.

People post that picture of the Japanese kid with his foot on the wheel of his totalled Skyline all the time. Why is this any different?

>Doing an attack on a mountain pass at high speeds in dangerous conditions trying to hit dorifutos

vs

>Driving down the road at normal speeds in safe conditions trying to go to work

Is he doing it with his dick hanging out trying to be a slut?

But she isn't doing a sexy pose. She looks fucking ridiculous, which I assumed was intentional.

How do you know? If she was wearing a Nike tracksuit and the picture was low-res with a timestamp in the corner, you would be crying "BASED".

>explaining what AWD/4WD is
>"but all cars have 4 wheels on the ground anyway?"

I drive a turbo MR2 and I've only ever snap oversteered when I did it purposefully (practicing in large empty cement area during a rainy day). You can't really kill yourself with snap oversteer unless you're willingly putting your car past its limits

>>>/reddit/

>I have no argument

thats a pretty sweet probe, but fix your exhaust

>why does your car get louder when you slow down

>Not doing a sexy pose
>Literally spread eagle on what used to be the hood and 10 threads away from a labia shot

Are you being serious?

If hoverhanding the car, doing a superman-jump with your legs and having your clothing strewn about the place like you've just ran through a war zone is supposed to be sexy, then I eat my words.

>v6
>7500rpm redline
cute

I've got a Greddy SP2 I have to get a flange welded on, and probably an extra resonator to quiet it down, but I will probably also do an electric cutout for maximum bwaaaahhhh

It's a little more manageable now with the AC working and the windows up but it attracts a lot of attention from cops and dumb ricers in base model Hondas that think they can keep up with it

lol no, I'd take a $3k civic over a $3k truck any day of the week, at least the civic will be somewhat interesting to drive, the truck will handle worse than a barge.

If you didn't drive a ragged out shitbox you wouldn't have that problem.

You literally fell for the oldest trick in the book when it comes to selling a broken pile of shit.

>it only needs a

You should kill yourself to remove such stupidity from the gene pool.

It was $400 for the highest trim model, all options (except abs), pristine interior and decent exterior. Also I had the parts to pull from the base model (the plan was to use the other car for parts on the base model but it was in much better condition than I expected).

Everyone around me was saying the same shit you were until I got it running, now all I get is compliments on it.

That pic is so inexplicably hot

>You ride a motorcycle?
>That's dangerous, my friend's cousin's boyfriend's mother's bestie's walk-in lover's other fuckbuddy's sister's half-brother's dad's ex-wife's daughter's boyfriend had one and was killed to death on it a hundred and fifty years ago
>never mind that he was a fucking idiot squid who didn't wear gear and lanesplit at 100km/h in heavy traffic on his Gixxer whatever sportbike
>Don't you worry about getting hit?
>is that a 600?
>I had a Ninja once
>I don't like motorcycles because they [insert negative stereotype]
>why don't you get a REAL bike (i.e. a Hurrley)
>don't treat the road like a racetrack, you shouldn't be braking the law
>I wanna get an [insert token sportbike] as a first bike

>I don't like motorcycles because they [insert negative stereotype]
To be fair, those stereotypes are completely true a good 70% of the time.

>>I don't like motorcycles because they [insert negative stereotype]
>>don't treat the road like a racetrack, you shouldn't be braking the law
Pick one, gaylord.

Civics are boring by nature though? A bad handling truck is fun cause it feels like a race car while you go the speed limit... plus its more useful.

This is from my friend but anyway
>mom can I buy a old VW bus?
>no
>why not?
>they don't make them anymore
She didn't even give her a reason besides they stopped making them

"The corvette isn't trash, its faster than the gtr ;("

Always makes me laff

>How do you know?
He doesn't, but it's a much more reasonable assumption that a woman was driving like a dumbass rather than speeding down a mountain pass doing sick drifts.

If she was in some mountain range wearing a nike tracksuit, I would think it's cool because the underlying implication of the driver drifting at high speeds in a cool location would remain. There's no reason to think she's doing anything remotely cool with the car, given that it slammed into something and she's int he middle of a lot.

I did think the pose was funny though.

:3

>user u should buy this car
nah the clutch bearing is broken
>yeah so? the guy says it still runs
well it might run fine but it could shit itself at anytime
>if you're going to be negative then just fucking forget it

To some extent with the right conditions like rain and way too much throttle in a low gear because they pull left or right a little when you do that I cant remember which can sometimes happen if youre retarded

realistically no, just dont be a retard

I mean... they have a point. Don't want to slide into a knob at 35mph when some cunt in a minivan pulls out in front of you.

That thing clamps onto a standard wheel. Why he has that, I have no idea.

I'm aware mate, driven many a tractor in my day. Still wonder why a muppet would clamp one to his wheel in a vehicle that actually does more than 18mph.

>The marque is French, up to 50's something.

Actually, it was originally German as Alsace was part of Germany until going back to France after WWI.

So really Bugatti has being going back and forth between Italy, France and Germany for all its existence.