>Wasn't allowed to pump my own gas
>Had to tip the person afterwards

Explain this Amerifats

I am not American.
I think that is cause everyone needs a job
Like the parking lot guy or the "caretaker"

@18003106
O B S E S S E D

only in new jersey are you "not allowed" to pump your own gas. you don't tip though that's just asinine

t. new jersey resident

We never tip in Oregon. Sucks for you, OP

That's only in Oregon and New Jersey and they refuse to get rid of it because it creates totally worthless minimum wage jobs. You don't have to tip them.

I thought you had to tip for service in America because the wages are so bad

Not for gas. Gas station wages are min wage, but food server's wages are below

There's no requirement in OR. You can if you want to. I don't work to pay their wages.

You've never worked in the food service i see. Bitches can make a nice chunk of change from tips.

Only restaurants then? What about cafes?

The wages are awful but fuck them anyway it's a useless job that would disappear overnight if it wasn't propped up by law. Waiters are the ones that actually need tips because the minimum wage does not apply to them and they're expected to make up the rest with tips.

Any food establishment with full table service will expect a tip of around 15%. If you order at a counter or anything like that then tipping isn't necessary but more and more places are getting cheeky and begging for tips anyway. Bartenders will also expect a tip.

>Waiters are the ones that need tips

When I go out to eat, I go to pay for my food. I don't go to also pay the wages of the waiters. They're not entitled.

Lived in NJ a few years. Never tipped ever. Never saw anyone tip, other than someone driving an A7, during Christmas

We had this exact same thread a while back. Stop replying to frogposter threads.

Your money for the food goes to the establishment, which then has to pay waiters. Therefore, your money does indeed go towards waiters salaries.

Cents sir, cents

And Oregon.

Why the fuck were you in New Jersey, OP?

>Waiters are the ones that actually need tips because the minimum wage does not apply to them
SO WHY WON'T YOU CHANGE THE FUCKING LAWS

>visits US
>ends up in one of the shittiest states

My condolences.