Countless videos of pic related reliably making upwards of 350hp bone stock with nothing more than a turbo and a better...

>countless videos of pic related reliably making upwards of 350hp bone stock with nothing more than a turbo and a better fuel system
>add forged rods, forged con rods, high flow injectors and more boost and you can make 700+hp
>literal economy motor designed for grocery getting with a few simple mods built by bored teenagers and about $3,000

What kind of gook magic is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/C4lDKxtJbWY
youtube.com/watch?v=gOqwooshRxA
youtube.com/watch?v=AlJVDvPSbHI
youtube.com/watch?v=2uDUJ8awZIM
youtube.com/watch?v=GUfVTmRS8a0
youtube.com/watch?v=oFLqaSNp45Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It isn't magic. Its Honda.

>tfw that hp rating
>tfw that tach isn't capable of measuring the rpms of that motor
>tfw outrunning super cars in your Craigslist shitbox with a few, simple mods that cost you less than 1/10th of the cheapest super car in that video

youtu.be/C4lDKxtJbWY

if this engine is so great, why isn't it in EVERY car?? huh??

REALLY want to put one of these in my MR-S.

>boost
>magic

people make ridiculous power with ancient engines on stock internals using boost

thing about the K series that impresses me are the 500+whp all motor builds

youtube.com/watch?v=gOqwooshRxA
>over 1000whp
>260k miles
man wtf is the burger magic

Because it's a Honda motor so I doubt you'd see it anywhere else.

There's YouTube videos of people doing exactly that. I think there's even a premade conversation kit.

All motor builds are impressive as well, but usually cost a shit ton to build. That said they do have a better power band than boosted motors where all the power is at the top of the rpm range.

Why would anyone bother putting 1000whp in a truck? They can't corner worth a shit and most of that hp goes towards fighting the drag inherent in trucks. That said that's impressive as fuck especially at 260k miles.

>Why would anyone bother putting 1000whp in a truck?
because ls trucks are everywhere and you can just slap a turbo and new fuel system on there and get all dat der power

>They can't corner worth a shit and most of that hp goes towards fighting the drag inherent in trucks
tons of fast trucks

>That said they do have a better power band than boosted motors where all the power is at the top of the rpm range.
the old 8v turbo dodge cars often make 500whp at around 6k rpm now thats fucking impressive

im not knocking that honda motors are good nshit, but honestly theyre just the ls of the 4 banger world

>That said they do have a better power band than boosted motors where all the power is at the top of the rpm range.

all motor usually has an extremely peaky powerband and little torque compared to turbo setups

>conversation kit
There is. Monkeywrenchracing will even do it in-shop for you complete with engine and tranny for like $9500. What I'd like to do is buy a built turbo crate engine and have them install that. Long ways off, but with the swap and weight reduction I'm shooting for 800hp/ton.

compare that turbo K20 to an all motor K24 making in the 300whp range

True, but I'd probably put the LS engine in something lighter with a decent suspension. Going fast in a straight line is fine and all but it gets fun when there's corners. Every truck I've ever raced down a twisty has lost to my fwd 97 Celica with all of 105hp. They can't maintain their lane and the body roll is scary.
I would honestly kill for a Honda built v8 with vtec with 4 valves per cylinder.

Jesus fucking Christ $9,500? At that point I'd rather fab my own kit.

Interesting, guess I should stick with my plans for a turbo k20 swap.

Going fast in comfort vs going fast in a rickety tin can are 2 completely separate experiences.

>10 grand for a Honda motor
Do not do that

>pull 5.3 from truck
>rebuild and make 350hp
>add turbo and make 700hp
>????

A 2l engine at 700hp is going to have retarded turbo lag.

If your turbo doesn't make you break traction in fifth gear, it's not big enough.

A fwd is going to spin the tires in every gear because it's a shitty design for performance. Kind of why there's no fwd race or drag cars.

>no FWD race cars

Closest thing is a Type R, which is some kind of fucking fluke of Japanese engineering. Even my 1.5 Accent spins tires if I drop the clutch at full throttle, which isn’t much of a compliment to fwd performance.

>Kind of why there's no fwd race or drag cars.

and yet i'd still buy a 4g63 and tune it for 1000hp.

Ever see British touring car shit?

None that compete with proper rwd cars. Let me know when fwd's hit 3's or take the record at pikes peak.

too bad you can only enjoy power from 5000 to 7000 rpm. reminds me of the old 2 stroke dirt bikes I would race. you always had run the piss out of it to get any power.

>has to jump to extremes

lol

let me know when your bus can run 7s in the 1/4 or hell even the Nurburgring

All this projection. I drive a fwd and hate it. Only a busrider thinks 1000hp from a Honda motor is a good idea.

wasting money on any car is a bad idea

sorry youre not an enthusiast and only wants whats "best"

That wasn't really the point I was getting at, but yeah of course I'd want to go fast in comfort. The thing is, that typically costs a lot, especially for bored teenagers building a civic with a few simple mods. Short of getting a bike, buying a shitbox Honda with the motor you want and slapping a turbo on it is one of the cheapest ways to go fast.

The turbos you see on these cars are typically small so it all balances out.

Watch

trucks can handle well and its not really the point you can turbo an ls truck cheaper and have a hella fast vehicle besides people like what they like

A
F E W
S I M P L E
M O D S

Can a Del Sol also take a couple of simple mods and turn it into a fast wheel drive godmachine? Or was it another AW11 in that it's an econobox disguised as a sports car?

Depends on what engine you have but almost all Honda motors get great aftermarket support. You might have to fab some things, but other than that it shouldn't be hard to reach 350hp or so before you have to start tearing into the motor.

While I don't question the cheap power one can make with an LS series motor, making a truck handle as well and not have a shitty drag coefficient is a whole new ball game.

The funny thing is this is probably truly a simple mod, so long as you aren't a mong.

I think the most common engine the Del Sol had was the D16.

someone explain why this car can beat 600+HP cars but still lose to a "Turbo S2000" every time

I already know about 700+hp on stock internals 4 cyl 2.0L why would i care about 350?

because F series aint no joke

>with nothing more than a turbo

>that power step
Pretty sure that's the joke.

>500 rpm

literally whats the problem

>let me know when your bus can run the Nurburgring
your turn

Honda a shit
youtube.com/watch?v=AlJVDvPSbHI
youtube.com/watch?v=2uDUJ8awZIM

jeez all of that no bottom end

Since when do charts have more than 2 axis

the deal is that you can pick up a ls powered truck for pennies slap on a turbo upgrade the fuel system and have a fast vehicle most people dont care about or have access to curvy roads

>What is Brit Touring Car racing?

and you get to worry constantly about when it's going to blow up

why does a straight line car need bottom end

youtube.com/watch?v=GUfVTmRS8a0

its pointless when your application doesnt need it

The F series is probably the single best 4 cylinder produced by Honda. That and the S2000 is rwd

How delusional, typical LS fangirl

350hp on stock internals with a turbo and fuel system is completely doable.

Are you retarded? It's called a secondary vertical axis

>look at my hot excuses everyone

I drive a curvy road almost every day to work.

I make turns period

*unreliably

because torque is fun as shit

>its an user tried to damage control after looking stupid thread

oh boy another one so exciting

། – _ – །

We are not talking about GM junk

its a race car built to go fast not be fun

personally I find torque a shit ton less fun than revs

>gm junk rapes japans finest
well put
the contrast makes it that much more satisfying :^)

>japans finest
That's an uncharacteristically pigfat, computer controlled crutch ridden oceanliner, not Japans finest.

the gt-r is literally the fastest supercar that japan has ever produced.

>$9500
To clarify that's $9500 to drop you car off at the gate as is and get it back turn key with a K20. Low mileage K20 and trans alone are going for about half of that in my area. So say about $4750 for engine and trans and $4750 for all of the necessary parts and professional installation by people who know what the fuck they are doing. You also get some kind of deduction is your 1ZZ and transmission are in rebuildable condition. Overall it's pricey, but I wouldn't know wtf I was doing with this type of swap anyway.

The Toyota Crolla is you fag

Seems like a total fucking waste of money. Jesus. $9500USD? Hahaha

mercedesbro havin a laff @ ur expense

feels like every one is :((((

My K20 was $350 from a junk yard. Tranny would have been an additional $160

>This delusional
Lol

>this projection
Lol

Watch him assrage

>Projecting his projection
Lol

Give me the tears

as usual, this post cause massive trigger

cue the samefagging

>he started projecting again
Lol, pushed her over the edge again, my work here is done

>Cue the samefag
Talking to herself lol!

>from a junkyard
Exactly. And if you wanted to provide your own engine and transmission I'm sure they'd do that as well with a price deduction. I'm just saying that similar packages with a guaranteed, known history are not that far off from what they're charging.

Like I said I don't have any idea what the fuck I'm doing when it comes to swapping a Honda engine into an MR2 and I'd rather pay to have it done right by people who have done it before than try to nigger rig it myself and constantly be wondering if it was done right.

no shit sherlock it has a fucking turbo
you can do anything with a turbo

>It's another episode of "Prezo gets assraped and ragequits"
Lol

and I'm looking on Copart and all of the Run and Drive RSX Type S that I'm finding have like 150k+ miles on them. They can be had cheap, but the history is also completely unknown.

It can certainly be done cheaper. About $800 for a wrecked RSX-S, probably a couple grand in swap parts, and help from a Spyderchat forum member and you probably get something similar done for half the price or less. That's probably the route I'll end up going, but the MWR option is available for the minimum effort, maximum result crowd.

>has your crappy toyota isis truck engine blown up?
K-time

>power going up
>temperature going down
>???

its stupidity. more than anything. the average can make upwards of 350 without really opening the engine up just with bolt ons. without needing forged this high flow that. its because honda drivers are idiots.

about 3k to your average v8 will give you twice the horsepower of a tiny 4 cylinder with a chinese turbo from ebay.

>FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS HONDA

You are fucking delusional

Which is fine, as long as the car with the v8 you are turboing isn't a fucking truck. Odds are most people aren't going to pay $6,000-8,000 for a 5.0 mustang with the manual transmission it any other comparable vehicle with a V8 if they want cheap power. Then you start crossing into the territory of doing a V8 swap into a non-V8 car and then you have to swap not just the engine but pretty much the entire drivetrain and about half the electronics. That said 1,000hp in a 3,500+ lb vehicle isn't comparable to 750hp in a 2,200-2,700lb Honda. And good luck getting an eBay turbo to feed enough air into your 5.7+ liter V8
Watch:

Hp doesnt mean shit tho, the hellcat is 700hp with 3.6 sec 0-60. My dd is 180 hp with a 7 sec 0-60. If i could successfully run 3 of them together for ~500hp, the resulting godmachine could easily surpass a hellcat in every way

and get new forged internals, fuel system, etc and still get crank walk

better off with an integra because you start out with a dohc engine no matter what and a better chassis

they're both fun in their own ways, but I love the way torque pushes you in your seat

>fastest car japan has ever made v.s. cletus's souped up mullet mobile
lol gtr fags

>good luck getting an eBay turbo to feed enough air into your 5.7+ liter V8

The ebay turbo feeds enough air to lean out the engine and melt your pistons. It's not a 2 liter engine, You don't need 40lbs of boost.

youtube.com/watch?v=oFLqaSNp45Q

crank walk into your mothers bedroom faggot

because roll racing isnt from a dig

>this entire thread