MUSTANG GENERAL

MUSTANG GENERAL
>TURKEY DAY SPECIAL EDITION.

>Post Mustangs
>Talk Mustangs
>Masturbate to Mustangs
>Pour gravy on Mustangs and a side of pie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rWC4aG8JgCU
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/1991-5-0-mustang-coupe/1303126447
clovis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1989-mustang-lx-50/6313065315.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vroom vroom motherduckers

When you need to haul groceries but also want to beat Cletus at the touge..

anyone know if the new 6 spd will have auto rev matching ? its kinda silly that this isn't the standard by now

I assumed they already had it last gen

Mmmm gravy..

Any one here DD a fox or sn95??

Sn95 here

have a rusty 2000 v6 that i DD even in the winter.
the people i bought it from put in an aftermarket exhaust and the fancier speaker set but never bothered to sound proof the inside so its something im gonna do if its cheap enough
not sure if getting the paint and rust fixed is worth it though

Don't drive it in the rain though. I haven't seen a fox with a sunroof that didn't leak.

My ‘17 5.0

I drove my 86 convertible to college everyday after I manual swapped it total poon magnet though I have no idea why

CLEARCOAT

PLS no bully

sold it at the start of this summer

you would think right ? the 2017's don't have it i'm hoping ford implements it in the 2018's

Has the 1982 Mustang GT w/ 5.0L HO engine become rare?
I have never seen one on the road, but I have one sitting in a garage,
some assembly required.

Pic related, pulled the engine and started+ran it outside of the car.

Engine outside of car:
youtu.be/rWC4aG8JgCU

Pic is what it used to and should ultimately look like.

>How do you want your timing chains?
>Just fuck my shit up.

Mine has an area below the passenger window where it wasn't sanded properly when the previous owner got it painted- clear coat is chipping along with pitted metal/paint. A paint job would be worth more than the car itself, so I'm in that same boat- not really worth it for me.

looks like the mystery 302 someone swapped into my car save valve covers

You're really going to bitch about that?
Please, never work on cars if you think your setup is bad.

>Good goy-ing intensifies

yeah, i think i might just wait and trade it in for a decently priced s197 gt or a 2011+ v6 though id probably lean newer since it probably handles better in the winter

I'm not bitching about the setup. I'm bitching that my tensioners, guides, chains, and sprockets are all ruined. Ford modular engines eat guides after a few years and no one mentions this when they're talking about how bulletproof the engines are.

That's why I posted the S4 engine. Because the tensioners get fucked which causes the chain to beat the shit out of the guides. The real joke is that they put the timing chain in the back of the engine, up against the firewall, so you have to pull the engine just to access it.

I DD an '04 GT. I don't like it but I'm starting to enjoy the suffering.

This is me.

How much power could I reliably make on a 4th gen 5.0, and how can I improve upon stock suspension/handling to improve cornering ability?

It's an Audi. Just have the dealer do the work while you're away on vacation.

I want to make a fox car model kit for Xmas, that'd be fun

I'll drive mine till it finally rusts over, I enjoy the ride, but like my other car, I'll have it till it rusts out or dies.

I've tried. Car made it one spring-fall but then everything started going out at once. Foxes are just old cars now, and they've been abused their whole lives. Shit happens.

300-350 crank is a good stopping point, you retain streetish driving characteristics. Do a GT40 head and intake swap, headers and exhaust, and a cam, and then stop wherever that gets you.
>stock suspension
Isn't very redeeming. Get a panhard bar and subframe connectors welded in minimum.

Is that a Cobra lower front fascia?

I'm not sure

Wake up /MG/!!

They should plushie these.

Show me a sexier car than a 4 eye notch with T-Tops.

Oh wait, you can't.

is this from mad max?

Mine doesn't leak.
Just replace the seals, jeez.

Kek the timing jumped on my 02 gt and motor went kaboom. Got a new one for it with 70k miles out of a Lincoln town car.

'98 Mustang GT
Cobra big brake kit in front, Flowmaster exhaust with offroad H-pipe, Cold air intake, and Saleen wheels (american muscle).
>age 19
>my first car

Thoughts?

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/1991-5-0-mustang-coupe/1303126447

>When a 19 yr old is more privileged than you..

Those feels when someone on Veeky Forums posts a car you have tired and failed to reach the owner of.. Gave up on that one tbqh, maybe you will have better luck but I doubt it. Pretty sure he doesn't REALLY intend to sell it. Let me know what happens in a future /mg/ though!

My friend has a 1999 mustang with a 3v f150 5.4L swap, man it just has incredible torque (360lbft)
After coming back to my 3v 4.6L it feels sluggish, even though the two cars have the same hp.

How much horsepower would I need to add to beat the overwhelming torque of the 5.4L?

100 shot of nitrous? Ebay turbo kit and a tune? Better gears? Weight delete, etc

Ultimately do a 5.4 swap or just be content. Better throwing $$$ into the suspension and wheel/tire setup than anything else.

Thanks, 5.4L has shitloads of tire spin anyway so I'll be content.
What I really need is a tune to wake the motor up.

nope ford australia semi financed the original film. if they used mustangas the hero car would have blown movies then 10,000 AUD budget. and the fury road was a falcon coupe too

>TURKEY DAY
nigga, it's only october

Have 00 GT bought in 05. First car, full synthetic oil changes every 12k to 15k miles(yes i know did not know and did not care shit about cars when i bought it). Changed alternator 3 times, spark plugs once, and leaking coolant from the infamous intake manifold, motor mounts, pretty much all engine work i have done to the car, tfw i have never changed any of those parts listed on your post. Car currently has +210k miles Going to retire it soon, probably junk it and get a few buck to make space in garage for a newer mustang gt next year (Which i will take care of now that i have learned and have the money to do so).

It's thanksgiving weekend for lefs

Desu

Bump

dd a 97. Besides shit mileage its a good time. Can hoon whenever and feel like billy-badass

V6 or GT?
Also whybdo there 2 Sn95s and an e36 in the driveway??

>GT4.6L badge

How'd i do, /mg/?

clovis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1989-mustang-lx-50/6313065315.html

Got it for 3500

Vanilla Ice/10

Get subframe connectors ASAP and you might want to go back to OEM for the headlights if you want to see at night, but looks good otherwise. 4.10s in an auto even with a stock V8 feels decently quick, enjoy it.

I'll look into the connectors; don't have a welder so mite b pricey. I need to research into the lighting scheme, the lights are brand new and I don't want to replace them just yet.

New or not, I've never seen a fixed light set that shone brightly or were aimed anywhere close to correctly. A welder is a good investment for any enthusiast.

Might be "VTEC SOHC" tier

The ride continues. Found the rest of my timing chain guides in the oil pickup. Glad I bought an upgraded Cobra pump and pickup.

>Tfw 2014 V6
Gonna super charge it and make those gf's eat shit

Why did you do this to yourself user

I make bad first decisions that lead to worse decisions to fix the first

I drive a max-faggotry 2006 Prius, before that a hand-me-down Maza 626. Recently a rental car agency hooked me up with a Dodge Challenger and I had a blast driving it, now I think I want to finally buy a fun car and I have my eye on a used white 2016 Mustang GT with 25k miles for $25k, it would be a daily driver. Anything I should know?

t. clueless self-hating prius owner

Damn that is a lot of miles for a 2016 are you buying direct from the previous owner or at a lot?

Hey guys, this is a pic of me with my new ride. What do you guys think?

Bump

What the fuck am I looking at

Onwards and upwards.

should I Post my new age ricer or my pristine Bullitt

Gee, Bill!

uguu don't look at my pantsu~

Cobra seats? I've been trying to figure out what to do with the stock steats in my .04 GT.

>rebuilt
fuck. Says the alignment is fine and he's had it for 18 mos but what else is he gonna say

>"n-neesan!?" OwO

It was certified pre-owned at a lot, already sold. I'll keep my eyes peeled for another.

its the stock Bullitt seats

>Tfw they'll never make a modern version of a Foxbody GT..

They did, it was the New Edge. Same fucking car under the skin only without all the horrible chassis faults the Fox had.

>1998
>modern

This completely flew over your head

And I didnt mean internals I meant what a MODERN 2018+ foxbody mustang look like today as a wedge hatchback not a sport coupe

Kinda like how a fiat 124 spyder looks like a modern 240Z
What would a fox look like today, how different would it look, how similar could they keep it with today's safety cuck laws

Did my motor mounts today. Holy shit the old ones were trashed and I had no idea. Getting those fucking things out was a nightmare.

yea till the snow shows up

>He doesn't DD the stang

He's a numale..

*destroys your car*

dam that sliver stang is really nice at that angle

if I put this in my 1969 pro mod mustang can I still call it a ford?

Just an FYI, those wheels are fucking awful.

There's only so many high school chicks

I've got a pile of new parts to put on but I have been working 75-80 hour weeks for the last several months. Feels bad

Sure, It's your fucking car innit

they came with the car