/acg/ - Armored Core General

We lived for once edition.

Older bread: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wid5C4rDFbU
armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Batty
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for 3rd Gen AC model kit on the way.

reminder

pics when it arrives, or it doesn't count

You'll get pics.

Because you guys are the only people I know that give a shit.

Last Raven game mod guy here. Progress is slow, but happening.

Planning on showing full stack gameplay for the 20th anniversary.

>Last Raven game mod
Don't think I've heard about this, what is it?

Saved.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wid5C4rDFbU

Working on a game mod to make ACLR on PC more balanced and play closer to ACVD in terms of movement and fast paced combat, and make the parts more distinct.

So far I can adjust almost every stat in the game, even change shot types/animations if I wanted to, along with music, weapon descriptions/names, etc. What's left to figure out is:
>Weapon impact force
>inside parts / ECM
>Radars
>muzzle velocity
>some Missile stats (how many missiles fired per lock on, missile tracking, missile speed)

For a vertical stack test I need impact force, and muzzle velocity, that's all.

Very cool, hope it goes smoothly from here for you

Are you also gonna make some extra missions? I'd love to fight Nineball in the Internecine just for giggles.

Can't do that, unfortunately. That would probably require access to the source code. I can change values and assets, just not change how the game is programmed.

Couldn't someone swap out the models and stats for some AC in a mission to be identical to Nineball?
It'd be an interesting thing to see attempted down the road.

You could, but then it would make all those parts (including for the player) to be like that as well.

The AI in last raven aren't separate characters, they're composed of a group of parts.

AC3 Karasawa is best Karasawa.

Goodnight /acg/ bump

Still alive Raven?

What's your favorite weapon to use, /acg/?

>mfw fighting that hover AC on Destroy the Control Towers mission

Holy shit, this guy is kicking my ass. Doesn't help i have to fight another AC after i somehow pull through, either low on ammo or AP. Or both.

>He doesn't know.

Try vertical missiles against the hover AC, just sit behind the dam and spam them, possibly along with orbit weapons.

>Play every pre 3 AC
>Decide to use energy weapon
>all upgrades online
>Still shit compared to RATATATATA
I guess VD was the only game that made Energy weapons feel impactful.

Stagger, impact, and "weight" to weapons, especially energy weapons, is something that is really only exclusive to V/VD.

Earlier games, laser weapons were "soft" weapons, especially pre AC2. Shell weapons caused stagger and impact, energy weapons (with exceptions like some laser cannons, rail guns, etc.) would hit with a high energy electrical beam, not some sort of physical force.

But nothing in VD feels as satisfying as the ACLR railgun or LX. Maybe giga cannon.

Thanks. Dual Vertical missiles worked.

>tfw you can't agree with Old King without the morality babies coming in and crying "muh hundred million"

Just go ahead and line the pockets of the corporations. I'm sure they'll thank you some day now.

Or be a rebel and open the way to space. Much better.

Even though the corporations never intended you to go beyond and actually succeed.

hi pendragon
hope everyone's playing some enjoyable video games
recently i've managed to dig into my backlog and finally got around to continue playing through FFVI brave new world, which i remember you said you'd played.
i am a nostalgiafag, but i'm not a modfag and this was the first to hold my interest a significant amount of time (i am currently about to face the final boss)
i'm just wondering, what did you think of this mod? did you finish it?
so far, to me, it's given me a really well re-designed battle system that modernizes what was already great in 1994 (an amazing feat, when you think about it)
the script is absolute garbage, but since it's FFVI you still get the amazing art and breathtaking soundtrack so it's hardly noticeable.
i'd thought since nothing else is on the horizon apart from my front mission spiritual successor which i am developing on my own i'd see what you faggots are up to, you fucking faggots.
just recently finished the DSIII dlc. very challenging and good environment, but still i need the miyazaki touch.
don't fucking care if you call me a miyazakifag, go ahead. the man had nigh single-handedly made video games as a medium interesting again with demon's souls and i am excited for his next work, even if it isn't AC6.
but it better goddamn be AC6 - but it won't be. AC6 is coming, but it's not going to be a miyazaki production. which is a fucking shame.
i want for answer style world building with FROM's current resources and miyazaki's artistic direction. shame it won't happen.
what is likely is an expanded "MMO" approach like V-era. FROM'd be stupid not to attach miyazaki's name to it, as well

mech accountant simulator

Bump.

>AC3 Karasawa is best Karasawa.
In terms of power, looks or balance?

Old trusty. It hurt pretty bad when grenade cannons became decidedly anti-quadruped in 4 and fA, and as far as I'm concerned didn't exist in V

>hope everyone's playing some enjoyable video games
Just started Wolfenstein The New Order and enjoying that, need to finish Breath of the Wild, and just got the Metroid Prime Trilogy in preparation of 4, as I beat MP1, never played 2, and didn't finish 3

/acg/ belonged to Animal Crossing first

1997 > 2001

why was this AC so big?

bump

If only morality babies on RL gave a fuck about AC, imagine the free publicity that FA would get on its day

Bump.

Bump.

The truth is much more entertaining than that, but it was lost with foolz.
It's less of an AC and more of an unidentified weapon. Those tend to be big.
I'm working through the Silent Hill games right now. Nevan and I will be getting Ace Combat 7 on PC, you should join us when that happens.
>Just go ahead and line the pockets of the corporations
Pray tell who you think stands to profit from a mass exodus to space.
Protip: It's not Liliana.
It's all about that heat, man. Except in first gen, then it's all about that pulse cannon.
Energy shotgun.

Bump.

The grind blade because its dramatic as FUCK, you get FUCKING SCARY and your fucking ARM GETS PURGED.
SHIT GET REAL
BUT ILL NEVER FUCKING USE IT BECAUSE WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO LOSE AN ARM JUST TO LOOK COOL

Looks and power.

You played Brave New World? Coolio. I share the exact same opinion on this side. I loved how everything was rebuilt from the ground up, and above everything else there were two things I enjoyed:

>magicite being restricted to certain characters, so not everyone could just be the same mage spamming the same attacks
>Celes getting General Leo's sword and his shock ability

The story was funny in a fanfictiony way, but it doesn't have that spoony bard charm that Ted Woolsey delivered.

page 10 pls go

never played any of the new wolfenstein games. some look pretty cool.
is breath of the wild as good as people are saying? i figured a bunch of big franchises just jumped on the "open world" meme and BOTW was just late to the party. i'm convinced open world is just a massive waste of resources after MGSV and FFXV, two of the hugest most anticipated games in all history, which both ended up being kind of mediocre in the end, the open world factor largely contributing to that, in my opinion. what confuses me most is the folks round here saying they want open world armored core. it's like, what??
looks like the switch has good momentum now, and the metroid revival came as a big surprise to me. i'll have to consider picking one up if things go nicely for them. though i heard they might be upping the price of games to $99 in canada. what the fuck? no thanks.
the silent hill games are in my backlog too, i'd only ever played 2 - loved it, but also read everywhere that is was by far the best one (indeed it was a truly great game) so i lost the drive to play the others, despite owning them.
i'll likely be getting AC7 for PS4. i'm not much of a PC guy anymore, my PC is only used as a MIDI clock and a music folder and nothing else.
i loved the feeling of the hand crafted nature of literally every single encounter. i couldn't get enough of it. i also loved the equipment/relic total overhaul.
some of the AI scripts were a little TOO random (petty complaint, i know). there were a few situations where i'd spend like 12 turns in a row healing/reviving before i got a chance to attack again. and then of course that attack wins the encounter. i guess maybe that's what they were going for. i also remember getting annihilated versus a random encounter before even getting the chance to act, SMT style. that's always nice.
overall really nice game and the creator's passion for the original really shines through. i love that.

>playing some enjoyable video games

Still going strong on persona 5, still some endings to get on Nier, and working my way on conquest path on Fire emblem fates, while also having a huge backlog on my 2DS

What does the blinking question mark mean? Can it be reasoned with?

i took a break from P5 after i got to the final palace. the dialogue at this point (well, since like the halfway point in the game) was just retreading the same shit 10x. every. single. conversation. and i couldn't wrap my head around the "twist". i still don't know what exactly happened. and i don't think i care at this point. overall fantastic game, however. still feel as though it's actively wasting my time at this point. the latter half is unabashedly padded and stretched out. it's like, man, there's probably 30+ hours of straight-up filler. it really detracts from the good stuff.
haven't picked up nier yet, at this point it'll probably be worth waiting for a price drop. but man i want to play it.
never finished fates. i get all the children characters, upgrade them, and then lose all drive to actually finish the game. this has happened twice now.
i think it means new parts are available that you haven't yet looked at.

Just started Sae Nijima palace today, I hope I dont get burn out.

Kids on Fates arent as fun or interesting like they were on awakening, at least for me, also, most of the time they arent that good, but I just have finished birthrigh, I dont know about kids on conquest, but seeing how conquest is more akin to older FF, I dont know if training the kids is worth the trouble.

bump

Older karasawas were just as powerful but they were borderline OP due to being half the weight. AC3 karasawa is the first one that didn't feel like cheating when you used it.

not an AC

Giant superweapons are kind of a thing in the series.

>BUT ILL NEVER FUCKING USE IT BECAUSE WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO LOSE AN ARM JUST TO LOOK COOL
Go big or go home.
2 is actually the one I'm on at the moment. It's great, but so far I feel like the first game was a lot more unsettling. Go give it a shot.
Actually, we need to talk some time. I have a great story about how the first game almost gave me a heart attack but text doesn't do it justice.

>Looks and power.
I'm gonna say the MK2 wins when it comes to balancing both of those. MK1 was a bit more powerful I think, but it didn't look nearly as nice

Dark souls?

>is breath of the wild as good as people are saying?
For a LoZ game, it's great. The LoZ formula was getting a bit worn, so a new game that subverted that was pretty nice. It doesn't last forever, and you do eventually get your fill, but for me I had a good long time playing before I felt I wanted to finish. Although maybe that's more due to the fact I haven't played a lot of open world games in the past, so it's still new.

>looks like the switch has good momentum now, and the metroid revival came as a big surprise to me. i'll have to consider picking one up if things go nicely for them.
The one thing Nintendo is doing well is keeping their systems cheap, so they can be bought as sort of an afterthought for just a few choice games. Either a PS4 or XBOX is just too pricey for that, you'd better know you're gonna get a lot of games out of them

NO SOULS

Miyazaki Ruined Armored Core

I love the MK2 Karasawa the most, that super iconic firing sound that I can always recall in my head.

>is breath of the wild as good as people are saying?

They definitely pumped up the sex appeal at the least, and I'm kind of embarassed to admit that it appeals to my amazon fetish. Gerudo women are just built like tanks.

Then again, I also have a sexual thing for actual tanks, which is why I like Armored Core in the first place. Perhaps a connection?

Girl un panzerfag detected

Is father day, is there any good father figure on Armored Core that we can celebrate with?

armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Batty

Wong Shao Lung and Mary Shelly

Daiji Shinijin and the other Iron Path members

I also can't remember the exact names, but wasn't there a Raven in ACV or VD that was the father of another AC you killed earlier, and attacks you out of revenge?

daddy nine ball

Newfag here.

I have Armored Core: For Answer on my 360. How do I get good at it? I haven't played it in ages now but Iremember getting stuck at White Glint

bump

Read all the stats, learn what they do. Practice in the arena and test mode a lot. Try out different equipment constantly.

>How do I get good at it?
Do you want us to play the game for you too? You get good by repeatedly trying and failing.

Customize your control scheme.

For answer is the easiest armored core game. As long as you change things around and try enough things, you'll stumble onto something that works really well.

Post your build and control scheme and I can tell you what you're doing wrong.

It's less about doing something "right" and more about avoiding doing something "wrong". If you don't do obvious mistakes (no energy recovery, way too heavy, not enough ammo, etc.) then you can breeze through the game pretty easily.

bump.

I'm bored.

Someone post me a cosplay or fanart build for last raven.

Then give me a mission or arena to use it in.

TBM, is that you?

Nope. If I was him I'd be advertising it for a youtube video. It's actually irregular but I like keeping user when I'm not talking about LR mod related things, especially since I haven't been very active lately.

Side note: TBM's a cool guy but his commentary gets a little annoying at times, I think some of it has to do with the cultural barrier barrier. A lot of foreign youtubers seem to treat english very literally /obviously when speaking and lack much wordplay.

I feel like we need a really solid well-spoken youtuber for the AC community, like how Souls has Vaati and ENB.

Cheng has got a lot of the newer pvp stuff covered, Digdug is a bit TOO informal. So far I'm really impressed with Ostardva but he doesn't put out videos that much. He's a good commentator though.

But there's definitely a lower quality to the videos being made for AC compared to other games. I'm hoping between having game mod stuff to show and my new computer (crossfire GPUs. I can run Last Raven on 4k now with AA!) and microphone, I can show some solid 4k 60fps gameplay content.

TBM is a pretty cool guy. I like watching his Your AC in LR videos and now beginning to watch his AA playthroughs.

>I feel like we need a really solid well-spoken youtuber for the AC community, like how Souls has Vaati and ENB

Is there really anything that can be done on this front? The last AC generation was pretty mixed.

>Is there really anything that can be done on this front? The last AC generation was pretty mixed.

A major limitation is console exclusivity, which drags down the ability to stream and record your gameplay for people, the other problem is also platforming. I think there's a peak of about 1000-2000 views per video you can hit before you tap out the entire AC fanbase, which means to get enough views to warrant sponsorship or make money from your videos you need to be churning of 3-4 videos a day. The audience just isn't big enough.

I don't think money should be the driving force for making videos. It should be people focus on making videos for more people to get into AC.

"Should" doesn't really matter, but it does keep people from making more of them, which means there's a smaller pool of videos being made. Small sample size = lots of missing niches and harder to find quality content.

Pendragon with the good taste.
You say that like there's something wrong with it.
VD pit you against a father and son and then later on the mother and a friend of hers track you down.
Go do the mission where you have to assassinate Caspian.
As Stinger.

time to make videos

>Pendragon with the good taste.

anyone that regulary post here has some degree of good taste

the close minded have been purged leaving only the intensely experimental

I will never fucking get over how great this model looks

The metallic paint really makes a huge difference

> Be general oldfag FROM fan
> Start with AC
> Follow on to Souls
> Follow on to BB
> Enjoy DS3, but in the pit of my stomach, just miss me some old true AC action
> Murmurs online of AC reveal at E3
> E3 is a big waste of time except for Devolver Presser (totally cash)
> Hop onto Veeky Forums to see what the rumor mill is saying
> See an AC general on Veeky Forums
> Get hyped as there shouldn't be a fucking Veeky Forums thread on a game that hasn't had a title in a decade
> Absolutely nothing.

Thanks AG General! See you again when something gets confirmed.

>not sticking around and replaying the games anyway because AC is good

A new AC was confirmed in early production in september by Miyazaki. We just haven't heard any announcements since.

>> Get hyped as there shouldn't be a fucking Veeky Forums thread on a game that hasn't had a title in a decade

3.5 years is not a decade, user

There's a lot of generals that haven't had a release in 5+ years. Animal Crossing's last release was before Armored Core but their general has been up for ages.

Early production could just mean "spitballing a prototype in the hopes a publisher will fund it."

Megaman Legends 3 was in "early production" too. Yet I'm not currently enjoying a fifth replay of that game now am I?

I'll believe something when I see something.

That's fine but then why come here and shitpost about it? If you only will play AAA+ Confirmed 2018 titles, then a thread to cover the whole 20 year old series isn't really what you should be looking for.

I just want to know what people with more time than I have to spend have learned, user.

Apparently, it's about the same: not much.

But thanks for the swift replies at least. Keep on keeping on.

No problem. Come back July 10th to see if there's anything announced for the 20th anniversary.

There is honestly nothing that wakes up my schaedenfreude more than watching someone go through last raven for the first time, and go from hopeful inspiration to battle-hardened monster as they realize behind each difficulty spike is another peak. Fuck, I love how relentless the difficulty progression is in that game.