This newfag recently joined our company

>this newfag recently joined our company
>I'm his boss
>he actually works harder and longer hours than everyone making me look bad
>formulate a /mischievous/ plot to get the newfag to quit
>decide to keep a record of every minor insignificant slip up this newfag does for the next 3 months
>things like if he sneezes into his hand, goes to the toilet for longer than 1 minute or doesn't double staple his documents, goes in my list
>submit my performance review to HR for approval
>mfw HR approves of docking his pay
>newfag quits a few weeks later because he can't afford rent with his docked pay
>asks for a reference for his new job interview
>don't give him a reference

When did you find out you had complete dominance over another human's life Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uRf-sRZBiHo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hard workers are really difficult to come by. I think you made a mistake here.

Karma is a bitch my friend.

>have a literal beta slave
>let him go
I don't understand. Those hardworkers usually have nothing resembling ambition and only exist to service you.

Really bad decision man. It's really hard to find good slaves. What the fuck are you doing?

Really bad leadship here, folks.

When direct supervisors don't participate in the process of acquiring new hires then your company has a cancerous structure.

>this pasta again
the only thing youre a boss of is your spatula

I'm a retail manager and just dock somebody's hours if I want to get rid of him. Beats all the paper work and HR shit of firing him. But I don't do this to hard workers.

and people wonder why employees are usually the first suspect to a homicide

*i'm his supervisor

>newfag
>/mischievous/
>unconvincing LARP

back to /r9k/ with you now

I thought it was pretty funny OP

Stale pasta but

Man i fucking hate this im in a sale type role with kpi. I am usually at the top of the list for kpis. Some new cunt joins up and knocks me off the top. I wondering how this faggot is matching my sales and beating my stats.

>cunt comes in a hour early and leaves after me everyday

I fucking hate dicks like this. How the business expects more from everyone because you are working for free

ayyyyyyyy lmao

sadly your control ended, when newfag left

you must make him your friend

keep your enemies closer and shit

hard workers are actually harmful in many organizations

>>I'm his boss
>>he actually works harder and longer hours than everyone making me look bad
Why not let him continue on and take credit for all his work? You're his boss after all.

You'll never make senior management.

Maybe for lazy employees.
Definitely not for the heads of the business.

>hard workers are actually harmful in many organizations
Bullshit, I bet you cant explain that claim

Overachieving workers are difficult to replace and therefore pose a significant problem for business continuity.

Underutilized workers get bored and leave, making them a waste of recruiting resources, training, etc.

The perfect employee is completely average within the organization.

>Overachieving workers are difficult to replace

that's why you dont fire them

And when they quit, retire, or die?

>completely average within the organization
so hire ONLY hardworking employees then you dumbfuck

Good luck with that, savvy business owner.

Implying this isn't roleplay.

Good job idiot. You could have groomed him to be your successor and jumped up a rung.

Lol at this slimy shit. Sounds like the 2-3 year pump and dump scheme in silicone valley and other big tech companies.

Hope you have cancer and die.

Nice r9k fantasy
So, as usual you have thought of an hero today, right?

Why do so many people choose this board for their roleplay fantasies?

>overachieving workers pose a significant problem for business continuity

no they don't. you just reiterated your false claim with no evidence other than your word. saying this enough doesn't make it true.

Nice bait.

you mean like anyone else could?

Anyone with such a poor understanding of the value of a decent employee could never make it to manager. Weak bait 2/5

This. Fucking over hard workers is literal autism

noted*

May God make your wife cuck you or you become a poor fag you unruly piece of shit.

But, you probably wont fail, and i acutally like you more than normie anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=uRf-sRZBiHo

I'm in charge of two people at work, for the last year and a half my team has performed the best.

>when did you find out you had complete dominance over another human's life Veeky Forums?

Yea I could completely fuck them over, but why would I want to? I trained them to perform well, and when they do well I let them not to come back from lunch and go home. We work the least amount of hours with the high performance.

Morale and proficiency are the two most important qualities for any team. Hours worked has nothing to do with it

you're a piece of fucking shit lol

Never outshine the master is literally rule number one. This guy sounds like an idiot and I'm sure he won't learn his lesson. Good for you, op.

>hire overachiever
>they're 5x more productive than your other workers
>in order to keep them engaged you give them the work of 5 average employees
>fire/don't hire 4 other employees
>superstar leaves
>now you have to replace the equivalent of 5 people

Clear enough for you, faggot?

See . Ideally everyone else is worth exactly 1 Average Employee. The moment someone starts being worth multiple Average Employees they become increasingly difficult to replace.

Why are you a piece of shit OP?

What kind of insecure asshole does that to a hard working employee?

If I were YOUR boss, I would fire you. You're a hack, a cunt, and a bad businessman.

Complete opposite is true. He worked hard so he could stab OP in the back.

Basically this, although not applicable at the top of the table where cultures of excellence prevail.

You're not counting the money you saved during the time the overachiever worked first of all. Secondly, it's not a "significant problem" for business continuity, it's a minor hiccup that is solved fairly quickly.

The notion that you should look for unskilled, unmotivated workers is laughable except in the fast food industry among other low level jobs.

And once again, you have not provided evidence of anything, just said more shit that's not true.

This is retarded.
like really.
Don't you think you can do something with that 5x surplus you have accumulated during his working time ?

Well memed, my roleplaying friend.

Inb4 millenials calling out genZ
Inb4 boomers and millenials ruined everything wah wah. Dat victim narrative
Muh generation privilege

It's called running a successful enough business and being proactive enough in your people's development so that you're attracting good talent in the first place.

Hes likely working a better job now.

They're perfect slaves If you out rank them have decent social skills.

The best part is you will die and lose everything so why even be a faggot?

What is wrong with you?

You've clearly never had to hire someone, let alone five people at once while simultaneously keeping the lights on. Feel free to comment further when you have some actual experience to share.

>The notion that you should look for unskilled, unmotivated workers is laughable
I never said that, retard. Try arguing the point.

>Don't you think you can do something with that 5x surplus you have accumulated during his working time ?
Besides getting your budget cut because higher-level management now thinks you need 1/5th the workforce?

If you can maintain a consistent level of productivity across all your workers, then good for you. When you have someone who is disproportionately more productive than others, however, it can cause problems -- as I said in my initial post -- in MANY organizations.

I always forget that Veeky Forums is full of a bunch of idealistic college kids who have no experience in real-world businesses.

When did you find out your tires were slashed?

youre still wrong :^)

Also they create tensions within the teams. People on the same position level expect to be treated equally to their peers. This hardly possible when one member of the team performs twice as much/better than his colleagues.

Moreover, they often require a lot of attention. There are two main reasons for people to behave like that :`

- They crave attention. You have to constantly reward the little piece of shit for doing his work and others get jealous

- They like to fell objectively better than anyone else and buy their tranquility with their work. You need to make special rules for them because they don't accept management and standardization. Communication with you and other team members is difficult. Tensions arise and other team members who don't have the skills try imitate their behavior. New tensions arise when you have to set them straight.

I am not saying what OP did is right btw, he is a sorry piece of shit. I think I would have asked to see the performance review and argued against it. Sounds like a lot of BS

Great point, I stand corrected.

OP will always be a "nobody", he is retard and asshole.
If i contract someone like that boy, i would never let him quit.
t. Enterpreneur

I thought people on Veeky Forums didn't even try college/uni Kek

>not working hard for the first six months and then gradually slacking off as you gain the trust of higher ups

Do you even wagcuck?