/ARMS/ arms general

>NEWS
- Max Brass will be the first DLC fighter and will be available some time in july!
- a spectator will be added this month!

>>official twitter (contains tips and tricks about the game and some news): twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLllf7MIurfVBnVEtZ0E1ZIEyRmvxXDxxzRrW12AGpT4dBHQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vORCZhZnw3y8KFWHBZxjc27nc9HDvQGPAtuQ0bqC4d8/edit?usp=sharing
japanesenintendo.com/post/161941546044
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We did it bros. Thread no.2

>he doesn't use the true american springman/toaster/toaster combo

so we are thread NO.2 and we played the game for 2 days

what rank are you /ARMS/?

8 reporting in

Where are all my Byte and Barq mains at? Have only seen three ingame so far.

>Does use True American combo
>Managed to beat story mode, including Hedlok, at level 4

It's not much, but I rolled with the punches until the very end. Even in Skillshot. I deserve a pizza.

What would you most like to see changed or added to the game in future updates?

2v2 hoops

Playing him against AI to get used to him.

I just realized you can actually control Barq to an extent. I don't know how it works exactly but I noticed if you hold down a charge, sometimes he shakes his head no as like hes not ready,

Once I figure out exactly what makes him tick Barq gonna lead me to victory

I've got a save sitting on the hedlok fight right now on the same level. gonna give it another go sometime soon

Listarooni user here. Postin FC stuff.
Survey: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLllf7MIurfVBnVEtZ0E1ZIEyRmvxXDxxzRrW12AGpT4dBHQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
Lists of friend codes :docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vORCZhZnw3y8KFWHBZxjc27nc9HDvQGPAtuQ0bqC4d8/edit?usp=sharing
I'll change the name to /ARMS/ right away.

>tfw not good so I know I can't beat lvl 4 grand prix
Feels bad, I thought getting in at launch would secure me a spot at the top.

>no friend code survey and list in the OP

You had one job.

I really wasn't expecting him to appear and it took the wind out of my sails when he did. Felt great once I finally triumphed though.

didn't saw there was a friend code survey

sorry mate

Glove arms with no element are the true honest arms.

Can I only use default arms in ranked or is it whatever 3 arms I set.

>try level 7 grand prix
>first opponent is Ninjara
>literally impossible to touch him because he reacts immediately to anything and times all his punches for the exact moment after his dodge where he can hit me
I'm glad that there's no purpose or reward in going above difficulty #4. Making them absolute input-reading cancer is not how you make good AI.

It was in like the middle of the thread, I should've reposted it before we hit the bump limit
You're good my buddy, I posted it here

whichever 3 you set

Any arm you want.

Maybe YOU should have made the new thread nah I'm fucking with you

Who /procontroller/ here?

Here

25Th for fair and legit strategies

Give it to me straight, how bad am I gonna be at this game if I have a bit slower than average reaction speed

fuck, is this game really worth $60? I've been watching uncle valle play it on twitch and it looks legit pretty fun

I'd wait to see how much free DLC it will have, plus there could be sales down the line.

As it is right now?
No.
But it has great potential.

Added a tab so we can shit post about how many people play what. Also because I'm a huge nerd. Not important, but interesting.

>all those ribbons

Ribbon Girl is great. She's cute and has a lot of nice mobility options. I also like her voice.

All around great package.

Alright i'll refrain for now, i'll just keep playing tekken, but i'll keep a look out

thanks

It's one those games that'd be great for $30 but is kinda a stretch at $60. There's not a ton of content outside of online battling.

Kinda wish some arms you can earn are ones no character has by default, would have been neat. Also does anyone know if the plus arms are usuable in ranked? If so thats pretty dumb since it'd be better to farm for plus arms. Can arms go above plus? like plus plus? If so then what is the highest they can go?

You can use them online. There's only 1 plus level and it just adds 10 damage/5 throw damage.

Spats are a patrician tier fetish.
5 throw damage is only for certain ARMS, others build meter faster or punch faster, etc.

>play as minmin on grandprix level 5
>tough going, every match is 2-1 with 1-2 multiple retries
>get to commissioner and it gets much tougher, it's almost impossible to hit him as he always dodges out of the way
>game feels like chess and lose about 5-6 times
>decide to switch to dual dragons and just batter him from long range
>win 2-0 with one perfect
>get to headlock
>dual dragons again and just turtle from long long range
>win 2-0
wew

well, even though it's a small buff it seems dumb to allow that, unless the plus arms had a negative to them in which case you'd have to pick and choose which one you want depending on the advantages.

That's pretty interesting. So far I've only used Barq as a shield and charging. Can't wait to find more Barq techs so I can beat these fucking Ribbongirls.

Is there an easier way to arc your punches up and over with motion controls other than pulling the joycon up towads yourself before punching?
Also, are the only arms that can do it boxing gloves, birds, megatons, homing missiles, and the blorb?

Please don't sexualize Ribbon Girl.

>fight a helix in 1v1
>made stupid mistakes that almost cost me the game but still won
>one game later get matched up with the same helix in another 1v1
>got a perfect on him
>game right after is a 1v1v1 with him in it
>the other guy gets taken out first
>it's just me vs the helix
>he's about to win with just barely more health than me
>manage to get in close to him and land one punch before time out
>win
>go back to the lobby
>see him quit in a split second

I think I broke this guy

I played with one during testpunch but since launch I've been playing in handheld mode.

Okay user. Only tasteful Ribbons.

Okay good.

Playing against AI more it seems you can control when he punches.

Start charging after you throw a punch and he'll punch. It lets you get out a 1-2 with one punch or a 1-2-3 if you like to play dangerously.

If you play too defensive he won't attack for you so if you aren't actually throwing out punches he won't either.

I did notice when I tried controlling him though that after 9 seconds of not throwing a punch he threw one anyway even though I wouldn't punch first.

Which arms are top tier? Seems like arms matter more than the fighters.

Ribbon Girl is A++ super fun tier. I barely have time in any other character.

actually it's about which one synergize best with each character. Like having min min and an arm that greatly benefits from being charged or having a quick hitting arm on someone normally slow like master mummy. I don't think there will be an official consensus about whats the best until the game is out for longer. You never know, some guy may find out a really good strategy that changes everything.

Barq also punches after you throw a normal punch or when you grab.
For punching, it seems to take him about as long as it would take for your arm to extend as far as it possibly can. This appears to have an actual timer to when he does it starting from the time you start your punch.
For grabbing, he seems to do it as soon as both your arms come back regardless of distance. He also does the punch when the opponent is getting up after being thrown.

In additon, the charged follow up punch does not apply to charing from blocking. In the case of landing after a jump, you must be holding the jump button for Barq to chage. He visibly shakes when he's ready to do this attack and growls a bit. You can keep chaining ground dash charges to keep him in this state. His attack also does 70 damage instead of the usual 30.

Also, Barq will only do that 9 second (not sure if this is the right amount of time) punch one time after he he does any other follow up punch.

Maybe this point is more obvious, but Barq will move in front of Byte when he's blocking. It doesn't seem possible to get him to attack while in this position though. He'll always move a bit to the side before attacking if you do a punch from the blocking position. I have noticed Barq will duck under Byte's punches, but I don't know if this could allow him to duck under enemy punches as well.

Wait... I just started this game. People keep mentioning GP Level 4. Do you get something for completing this? Is the ending different if you beat the game past Level 1?

>game matches only me and one other guy against level 7 hedlok

Yeah ok game

You need to beat grand prix at level 4 to be able to play the ranked 1v1 mode

It's kinda like Smash Bros and some other games where you don't get to face the true final boss until you up your difficulty level.
All things considered, 4 is a pretty conservative level for this kinda thing

Meant this for Barq also seems to have some quirks related to jumping on him and how well he'll stay under Byte if at all. For example, he'll stay under Byte when high jumping as long as you hold down the jump button. If you release the jump button during a high jump, Barq will return to his usual positoin. If you just do normal jumps off of Barq by not holding down the jump button, he'll try to follow Byte but might not be able to catch up if you move too quickly. It seems possible to air dash back to Barq if you go too far while doing normal jumps off him though.

I believe it actually scales the health of Hedlok on how many players there are. So a two-player match would have less health than a three-player match.

Long as you could combo your super with your friend's super, things should've gone okay.

holy shit is cobra kid's stage awful

It's good if you can maintain control of your board. It sucks if you can't. It's just a snowball effect in the form of a snakeboard.

And to think we used to complain about starting at the bottom of ninja college.

A few more things, it's possible to jump off the springs in Spring Man and land on Barq by holding down the jump button and air dashing towards him.

Also, a small addendum about what I originally said. Barq will charge his punch afte Byte lands from an air dash if you are holding the dash button or if you are still holding the jump button from having initially done the jump. Just kind of a odd thing with how jump and air dash charging can overlap in action.

This is some good stuff user. I think I'll try these out later. Keep on posting please.

>beat someone at 1v1
>next match is a 1v1v1 with him in it

Gee, I wonder who he's gonna go after

Snake boarding is fun as fuck.

Well I did have one thing happn on accident. I was getting hit by a rush when Barq just came and stood between us and absorbed several hits. It seemed to give me enough time to recover and move, but I wasn't prepared for that at all and didn't react appropriately. I'm not really sure what happened, but I assume Barq recovered from being knocked down and was attempting to move towards Byte. It was odd that Barq didn't fall in one hit though.

Is Springman's deflect OP?

No. Not at all.

I decided to go on /v/ so I can see their shitposts about Arms.

>dead game lol
>switch is a flop
>Nintentards btfo!!!

Why do I still go on that shithole? And I thought /pol/ was the biggest containment board.

Only when used by that fucker Brass Max

Thinking about it, it didn't occur to me to test whether or not the 9(?) second punch can be done while blocking. If timed well, maybe this can let them be the only character able to get a punch out while blocking.

I'm easily the best arms player on this board

Sorry but that's me. I'm actually the best.

Where do you get this hoodie?

Tested this out and found a few things.
First, I measured how long it take Barq to do his automatic punch after a follow up and it seems to take about 5.5 seconds from the moment his follow up punch returns to him and he does a short recovery animation according to the in-game timer.

Second, Barq will not punch while he is in front of Byte after moving there when Byte blocks.

Third, it's possible to start blocking before Barq does his follow up punch to a normal punch but only if you're close enough to the opponent or hit a wall early.

Fourth, although Barq can't punch while standing in front of Byte while he's blocking, the 5.5 second timer doesn't necessarily go away. It stays stored at the amount of time remaining unless you block for about 4 second or more. There seems to be a bit of delay for starting the timer of the 5.5 second punch back up after blocking though.

What kind of character would you like to see added to the game in the future, /ARMS/?

Glad higher levels of ranked have people actually using the mechanics and learning to bait moves. Just wish the arm collecting wasn't so cancer or collecting coins didn't take forever.

A normal boxer like Lil Mac or Ippo Makunouchi

Just a bit of clarification. I believe the 4 seconds of blocking is continuous blocking, but it's okay to block in several smaller amounts such as 2 seconds and 2 seconds although you may need to give Barq a moment to start his invisible timer again between blocking.
Also, it may be easier to say 6 seconds from the moment Barq's punch returns to him rather than 5.5 from his punch return recovery animation. However, I think 6 seconds might be a tiny bit more than what it actually is from the moment the punch returns.

Gunpei Yokoi with Ultra Hand arms.

Please remove 2 v2

Is the pro controller much bettee than the joycon grip. The grip is gonna give my fingers calluses

Yes. Its way better

You think it won't give me calluses like this grip?

I'd say so. Its wider and comfier

drawing requests ?

Minmin wearing a sling bikini made of noodles.

Master Mummy doing a muscle pose infront of his wife

The fucking car stage in ranked gives me conniptions

japanesenintendo.com/post/161941546044
>Nintendo Co., Ltd. have applied for ARMS image trademarks for the symbols of Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, Master Mummy, Min Min and Mechanica (all pictured above) plus the ARMS logo for the purpose of clothing, notebooks, key holders and other merchandise.

I've got a Spring Man shirt and it's pretty nice. Can't wait to pick up a snek shirt some time.

Pics, mang

daily reminder i would top deck all you skinny armed losers as mummy with double fire crackers

Ribbon Girl is starting to become the Fox of ARMS

I had a picture of myself in it, but that felt really attention whore-y, so here's a picture of just the shirt. With a bit of my thumb in it.

That's the thumb of a true faggot if I ever saw one.

>thumb
you can tell by how it is so blurred that it is not a thumb, but in fact, a japanese penis

yeah I was trying to beat it on max difficulty and I discovered this, its nuts. In a game this reaction-heavy its really tough, I've been looking for AI abuse exploits just to net the win to say I did.

Training 20xx is easier than this because atleast i have a 1 frame move to spam.

>Double perfect on lv 7 Hedlock

If you just hold the middle ground and bop him every time he tries to jump in, it's easy as shit.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the ARMS Academy, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret matches with Max Brass, and I have over 300 confirmed KOs. I am trained in Toaster-only warfare and I’m the top puncher in the entire ARMS League. You are nothing to me but just another target dummy. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the league and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my springs. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the ARMS Getter and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.