Is joining the military (the Canadian one in particularly) a good idea financially?

Is joining the military (the Canadian one in particularly) a good idea financially?

any military is a good idea financially
the only military that is of any importance whatsoever is american though

I want the $225k signing bonus

>up to
thats most desired conditions possible
what they probably mean is if you have a bachelors already and going in as officer, and only then theyll give you half of like 50k first, second half after your 4 years or 6 years or whatever
dont believe websites

It's decent financially but the issue is where you're posted. Pretty much everything Air Force & Army is 100% shit and you can be dragged around to all sorts of locations. The real issue for most is in their secondary income. Can their wife/husband find a half decent job in Shilo or Petawawa? No.

The Navy has the best locations, the most deployment opportunities, the most active schedule, the least physically taxing, safest deployments, and most opportunities for your S.O

I have zero idea what you guys are talking about. There is no signing bonus. I'm assuming you're referring to the paid education.

Okay which of these sounds good

Which should I apply for

>no idea what you guys are talking about

The OP pic, man.

Didn't read OP's pic. Yeah just a doctor thing that's designed to ease your debt load because you have to be a fully trained doctor to join the CF as a medical

So you can only apply for Medical and Dental if you're already admitted to medical or dental school.

I.e you've already done 4 years at a civilian bachelors university and have been admitted to Medical School at McGill and would like to join the military as a doctor.

If you're still in school you'll get $40-180k bonus depending on what year you're in. You'll get the full amount if you're already a licensed doctor working at a hospital in Toronto or something

I'm a 21 year old neet.

Should I be a hull technician?

Medical Officer
>see above

Dental Officer
>see above

ACISS
>imo the worst one on that list, bad postings, boring work, basically a hydro worker

Hull Tech
> a straight up skilled tradesman position
> you'll be welding and sheet metal working
> if you've wanted to be a skilled tradesman and/or would want to do it after the militray then this would work
> high amounts of civilian skills transfer (Although i'm not a tradesman)

WeapEngTech
> probably the most academically difficult one on the list
> i would imagine it's pretty cool work with lots of math & physics involved
> not very much civilian skills transfer
> probably the best option if you want to go to university or college for engineering after the navy

Nav Comm
> my understanding is that these guys work from shore pretty early on in their career
> probably have very high clearance & security demands
> probably a pretty boring job

>academically difficult

Literally requirement is Grade 10.

Every enlisted profession requires Grade 10. You will be taking math & physics in your Trades Specific courses. Most trades don't make you take these courses. Many people who don't finish high school nor attend community college find math & physics difficult. It's not difficult.

unless you are a brain surgeon that specializes in neuro reconstructive surgery you aint getting $225,000

Oh

Should I still apply though

Yes. You get 3 options to list when you apply. So you'd write something like

1) Weapons Engineering Technician
2) Hull Technician
3) ACISS

Apply and write your CFAT. List W.E.T as your top choice. If they think your CFAT scores are good enough then they'll offer you a spot. If you pass training then solid. If you don't pass through training in the appropriate amount of time - they'll send you through to another trade. Probably Hull Tech.

I've heard that the Canadian Forces is strongly biased against English Canadians. If you want to rise in the ranks, you must be French Canadian.

DONT FUCKING DO IT

DO NOT DO IT

Please OP

Okay thank you

I'm a NEET though, do you think that will cause any problems?

Why?

No. Just be in shape, be clean cut, don't act like a jackass.

Study for your CFAT, train for your physical. Do well on those and you'll be in

think twice before joining the Circus Forces OP
it's full of clowns that don't want you to laugh