Touhou general - /2hug/ - #18

Yukkuri edition

Previous ded >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where should I start?
the games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there
some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/classic-era-th6th95.html
moriyashrine.org/retro-era-pc-98.html

>Touhou guide for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>West Replays
replays.gensokyo.org/index.php

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.weebly.com/introduction-to-touhou.html

DEMO LINKS:
Four seasons:
mega.nz/#!hIZTTapC!1A4MTSueiirqFTfLkMeSab3cd6B9b5s4uITU-DlUs2c

AoCF:
mega.nz/#!g4d0hRqS!cyFKIH3U_On3zUBNA6GtcIjNjrN3IK4StJBPalFafQM

Touhou is a video game and we're not disturbing anybody.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZjG7vogWRJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yejjmssrgjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7RBJ4NMOBV0
youtube.com/watch?v=1dJA_YLSPz0
youtube.com/watch?v=SO0xo8Go824
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-F3_Cj-fMWw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

my kind of edition

>Yukkuri edition

You are a blight upon all that is good.

Gonna take it easy this thread.

Notto disu shitto agen

I'm completely new to 2hu, just recently installed PCB and still can't beat the game on easy mode. How long until I git gud?

Play on normal you scrub, and at least a week, maybe even a couple of days if you get at it

Try starting with Ten Desires or Imperishable Night instead. They're a bit easier.

LoLK normal, Pointdevice Mode.
Don't listen to ,playing easier entries won't help you at all, not to mention that he is completely off, IN and TD are not easier than PCB.

LoLK is honestly brutal rape for first player, even in Pointdevice mode. They need to get accustomed with the game first, then try the harder one.

Ten Desires is very comfy. Comfy song and stuff. If you have trouble with certain boss, there's a practice select. Remember to use bomb.

LoLK not only isn't the hardest one, but it is actually ideal for new players in PD mode.

The first time you play Touhou, you play it like Space Invaders. You move back and forth frantically. You die a lot.

Then you realize that you can move up and down, too. You complete EASY MODO.

Then you come to understand streaming. If the bullets are aimed at you, you don't move frantically; you move slowly to one side in a very cautious, streamlined manner. You complete NORMAL MODO.

Then one day you realize that you can see the spaces between the bullets instead of the bullets themselves. You feel like Neo as he saw the truth behind the Matrix. You complete HARD MODO.

Finally, you realize that Touhou is not a two-dimensional game; it has a third dimension: time. As your mind thinks in all three dimensions at once, transferring the Z axis of normal experience to a Z axis of time, you finally realize how to be in the right place at the right time to beat the hardest of spell cards. You complete LUNATIC MODO. You have reached Touhou Zen.

You're the only one who think that. Everyone hate Clownpiece because of how difficult she is.

Slow your roll there, bucko. I suffered deeply because of the fucking Americlown, but I cannot hate her. She's too Best Girl for hatred.

They hate her because they are retards that won't just reset the run to reach her with more bombs.
They think that reseting is a chore, say the game is the hardest and then go practice an easier one, reseting a million times more while not getting as good.
Point stands, if you are going to play a series of games that is known to be hard for most people, then why would you look for the easiest of them? It's fucking retarded.

No. This is so wrong. PD mode is bad practice for new players. New players need to learn how to manage bombs, how to deathbomb and tactical bomb. A new player on pointdevice will waste all his bombs immediately and then bumrush everything until he accidentally gets through and the mode will reward him for it by having checkpoints along the way.

Same can be said with every boss. They're harmless if you use bomb. We're talking about which boss is first-time friendly and is relatively easy to beat without hardly using any bomb.

You want to demoralize them by recommending the hardest one first? They're most likely to say "Fuck this game" and give up without ever getting into the franchise. Baka.

Oh, and make sure to read the "Please git gud!" section in the OP.

That made no sense, when they realize how the bombs work they just start over again and manage their bombs.
Any of the games is going to demoralize them at the start. You are talking this over someone that is complaining about not being able to clear PCB easy.
>They're most likely to say "Fuck this game"
If this is their attitude then they won't get into the franchise anyways, no matter what game.

Also, LoLK is not the hardest game.

Yes, start over again is way less tedious compare the previous games. What if they found a harder boss after they use all of their bomb then? Reset it again?

>any of the games
Touhou is harder than Dark Souls and MonHun combine. He's a first-timer, so it's natural he didn't go far.

>attitude
And for that we must set the difficulty to lunatic. If they say "Fuck this game", then fuck them because they didn't have the commitment to go far.

>LoLK isn't the hardest
One of the harder. Which game is the hardest anyway?

>One of the harder. Which game is the hardest anyway?
LoLK is the hardest Easy I guess, but for normal I would say Both SA and UFO are abode it.
Anyways, he should just play normal PCB is LoLK is too scary, easy modo does no good, and on normal PCB is the easiest entry, going by this logic of starting by the easiest games.
There is always EoSD to learn the basics though.

If he's going to ragequit and never pick it up again, it doesn't matter which game he got stuck on, right?
We're assuming he won't though.
So, what's the first game he should try that will help him with the other games?
Certainly not a quirky game, because as I said, it's bad practice, it teaches bad habits to new players. This is why you don't start with IN, with it's wonky continue system and shitloads of bombs and lives, this is why you don't even start with PCB, with the cherry bomb abuse.

This is why you start with good old Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. It's bare bones and it has everything except curved lasers for you to dodge. It's great for a new player.

>Which game is the hardest anyway?

Depends on the difficulty setting.

Stop being dead and post Fairies

Is this what you want?

Joel? Have you been downloading fairies again, Joel?

Does power have anything to do with the actual power of your attacks or does just give you a larger area to to shoot shit with, I fee like full power does the same amount of damage is 0 power

Yes, good, embrace the Fairies within...

Higher power makes you shoot more bullets, but it's up to you to make these bullets hit the enemy.

All this fairying makes me dizzy.

>Cirno-chan! Ne ne Cirno-chan! Oi Cirno-chan!
I really wish she got more screentime. I really do.

She just needs more appreciation in general. Screen time, Fanart, all of it.

No name

Have some fucking Lily White.

I don't want to spoonfeed you. Search it yourself you lazy cunt.

You can't search for what doesn't exist.
Now this is good taste.

Is this it? The get that sparked it all?

Do you think the reason why sand is called 'sand' because it's between 'sea' and 'land'?

I don't know. This one is the oldest that I can find.

SURPRISE

>not the tits out picture
Dumb karakasaposter.

What's your least favorite gimmick? For me it's the Netherworld thing from Ten Desires, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it

You mean the ectasy state after you died? Just whittle down the enemy's health during it. I don't hate it.

What would have happened if Gensokyo was made in America or Bongistan instead of Japan?

It'd basically be Castlevania then.

But none of the Castlevania games ever took place in America or Britain

>have a full lifebar by the end of stage 4
>just bomb the shit out of the last two bosses
Somehow, this doesn't feel like a victory at all.

A win's a win. You should take pride in your success, Duracell-san.

Favorite song from the series, go.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZjG7vogWRJQ

youtube.com/watch?v=yejjmssrgjQ

I'm not the biggest Alice fan, but damned if this ever fails to cheer me up.

thats really hard but this
youtube.com/watch?v=7RBJ4NMOBV0

Can't go wrong with a classic.

I also enjoy this one too. there are just so many good ones
youtube.com/watch?v=1dJA_YLSPz0

Yup, it's really like choosing between your children. An impossible decision.

youtube.com/watch?v=SO0xo8Go824

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-F3_Cj-fMWw
There are just too many good ones. ZUN, on the small chance you're reading this, I just want to say I'm grateful for all the songs you've created.

Now 1cc it to unlock the extra stage.

Rip Momiji

That was a 1cc. Unless you mean doing a no miss run for the true ending, which is far beyond my skill level.

I know you can't do it

I know that too.

I heard that Touhou becomes real if you managed to do a no miss run.

>true ending
?

I don't want Touhou to be real.

LoLK gives you a bad ending if you lose a life in Legacy mode.

what really, how gay

It still counts as 1cc, it just isn't the canon outcome. Sort of like beating Eirin in Imperishable Night.

When will ZUN make a sequel to Touhou 9?

Well, you need to reward someone who spend a lot of efforts striving for something.

First Phantasmagoria game was Touhou 3.
The second one was Touhou 9.
Following that simple pattern, we're looking either at Touhou 15, which already happened, or Touhou 27.

So whenever I try to play PCB, the game is constantly moving pressing the down button, anyone knwo what might be the problem?

Death.

Thanks user for making my day

Have you never play pokemon on the PC before?

Come here user-kun

/ss/?

I don't share beds with anyone over the age of 30

Nope! Not gettin' outta this chair.

Who is best Extra Stage Boss and why is it Koishi?

Dude, that's not how you spell Mokou.

I haven't unlock a single fucking extra stage yet

Don't give up, user. You only need an Easy clear in PCB and IN.

My pride is in the way. It keep telling me to get at least Normal clear or I'm a pussy.

*or else

That's a great attitude. Playing on Easy isn't going to do you much good anyway.

I did this

The only thing worse than yurishit is furryshit

There's..no yuri in that though.

Then who put a baby in Sakuya then? Not a man in sight in that picture

I did it. Meiling is going to be next.

Can anyone other than Reimuposter please fuck off from /2hug/ forever?

How do you play Touhou game? Do you guys play it mindlessly like riding a bicycle? Or do you focus real hard on your hitbox?

I just try to get multiplier really high without proper knowledge and training.

>multiplier
You mean scores?

Yeah, that multiplier.

Yeah, it's like a bicycle ride. The only thing I have to keep in mind is timing bombs correctly.
Focusing on the hitbox is a major mistake anyways.