[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

drz400sm is goat edition and pumpkins are the worst vegetable.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group

/dbt/ map: Meet & fuck.
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:

A2 bikes:
>a2bikes.co.uk/

Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/secret-harbour/motorcycles/kawasaki-zx12r-ninja-extremely-fast-bike-/1153561147
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wannanup/motorcycles/2006-zx10r/1161662508
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/albany/motorcycles/kawasaki-zxr750-ninja/1159932055
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes suzuki a best

/motardgeneral/?

Would you slavmotocompo?

Msf class on monday. Nervous af.

>cleaned bike today
>Still looks dirty in photos
Keen to go for a ride tomorrow, maybe some natural light will make it look better.

Did someone say post the bike that the drz400 wishes it could be?

1st for regretting my baiku choice.....pretty though.

Full Face vs Modular

What do you wear and why?

i value my jaw

full face because I'm not an old fart

don't drop the bike and you will pass.

3/4 cause fuck being in a stuffy full face

What is that and why do you regret it? Regret is a strong word for bikes user.

How autistic is it that I'm pumped to ride a honda rebel?

Open face, but then I crashed and very nearly missed smashing my face in, got a bitchin chin scar, full face all the way now.

I've considered going from a full face to a 3/4 helmet, but I'm a little hesitant due to what I assume would be dramatically increased wind noise in your ear and wind in your eyes. Do you wear goggles or something?

Not at all. True bikers get excited to ride anything, even derpy underpowered cruisers. They all have their place and deserve respect, and they can all provide tons of enjoyment no matter how retarded it may seem at first.

that means you'll actually enjoy riding
i've heard some people literally give up after the msf

No just sunglasses, however I rarely go past 80 mph.

What do you ride?

Good to know, I traded a baja bug for a dragstar 1100 but I'm honestly jazzed to ride a rebel kek. I actually wanted someone to offer me one for the bug, but no one did.

HD sportster 1200, looks cool, sounds cool, uncomfortable and awkward for doing anything but Sunday afternoon fun rides.....comuting and 140 mile trips for work, dreadful.

Street glide through la traffic.

Why is it so bad for commuting and 140 mile trips? I thought Sporters were supposed to be the H-D commuter bike and the 1200 models easily able to do 140 mile highway trips. I guess I'm wrong, but why?

I should add, I'm interested in getting a Scout as my first cruiser which is around the same size as the 1200 Sportster. Coming from sport bikes.

What bike do you have now?

I find that I get seriously uncomfortable after 50 miles or so, the riding position makes me feel like I am constantly hanging off the bars(serious shoulder/arm strain) and even though I am only 5'9 I feel squished in a clamshell pose, especially with a pillion. I did some longish trips on a cbf650 and didnt have the same problems.

In regards to commuting, its not as bad but the gearbox and clutch action are far more tiring than you would expect.

I hear Indian Scouts are good, much more friendly and easy to ride than a Sportster

FZ-07 is what I have currently. Great bike, but getting a bit tired of it and looking for a new experience. Been eyeing cruisers for a while now, and the Scout Bobber looks fucking gorgeous. Probably the most visually attractive stock motorcycle I've ever seen. Yeah I know it's not gonna be great for touring or doing anything too crazy, but for commuting and taking the occasional hundred mile ride or something it should be fine.

Get different bars, I used to commute 120+ miles a day on a 70s ironhead. It was awful till I swapped the drag bars for mini apes

>be at work
>sportster pulls up for gas
>gets his gas
>goes to turn his bike on
>batter arcs itself to death
>comes in and tells me he'll have to leave it over night
>bullshit with him about bikes for a bit
>he gets a ride home
>have a dead Harley in my parking lot

>the riding position makes me feel like I am constantly hanging off the bars
Have you considered getting taller bars like mini-apes? I think they're so common it's even a dealer-installed option now.

>can't bump start

I have the standard bars that come with the xl1200c and a windscreen(like pic related) but still get a serious battering from the wind, feels like I am constantly having to pull myself forward.

Will mention I am from the UK with the shite roads and weather that entails.

I tried offering to help him bump start it but he was adimant he just leave it until the morning. Oh well.

I ride a sport naked and the scout is the only one that really interests me too.

Though I think it would be too low for my liking, I rode a fat bob and found it awkward because of how short it is and the scout is even lower.

Ever try to bump a high compression big vtwin? You need to be going pretty quick.

is it worth it to get a drz with 40k kms etc? i really like the design but im hesitant cause of it and i cant get it new (obvs) or would i rather get a klx250 brand new?i mean to keep the bike and go for offroad quite a lot,use it for city commute too,what would you do?

Who angel gt here? First time caught out in a storm yesterday. Was pretty miserable but the angels held up like a champ. Good tyre that.

Also bumping wont work if the battery is completely fucked and its an EFI big twin....I know this well.

Yeah I've only actually managed to bump one once and I was going like 30kmh down a hill.

Another time I tried so much I actually managed to charge the stator enough to be able to start it lol

Can anyone tell me why rear subframes exist on modern sports bikes from an engineering point of view? Is it just Aeros and style? I know you can bend them and it doesn't matter that much.

Is the DRZ400sm good for just riding around town and fucking around a bit offroad (nothing crazy offroad, just some light trails). I considered a Grom but a 125 seems too small to be useful when most of the roads where I live are at least 80

Full face, modular provide the illusion of safety but don't really do much.

post bike rate bike
no bully allowed

Got me a KTM 525 exc, how fucked am I? Anybody know what regularly goes bad on these bikes?

Top end

Is that a cruiser or some shit?

>tfw no leading link fork

I want to build the cheapest sidecar outfit that I can. I don't want a specialty gay pretend ural, I want to build a real daily rider that will ruggedly do the job. There's no reason why a sidecar should cost more than an entire car.

Yeah it pays the bills
PR4 is better tho

Isolate the suspension/frame loads into the most efficient (ie small and light) structure possible. The modern subframe only has to support an ass so it can be really light and simple. Compare that to a twinshock bike where the rear frame had to be quite heavy to support suspension loads - overall heavier and you have more frame weight distributed away from the center of gravity..

Looks like a Ducati Scrambler...

normal things, rings, piston, bearings.

triple clamps

Yay

>Posts trailing link
Retard

Girder is better anyway

i want to fukt her butthole

i want her to do ASMR about bikes

the Desert Sled is such a nice bike, I want one and then actively ruin it by taking it off road

Alright fuckers I have narrowed it down to three bikes.
Which does /dbt/ like the best.

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/secret-harbour/motorcycles/kawasaki-zx12r-ninja-extremely-fast-bike-/1153561147

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wannanup/motorcycles/2006-zx10r/1161662508

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/albany/motorcycles/kawasaki-zxr750-ninja/1159932055

None of those are good, the only good ninja is the 636

>K&N filter adds 15hp

>i want to fukt her butthole
baron already does that tho

I already have an '06 zx6r

Then get something else, you already have a supersport, maybe go for a dirtbike

There is nowhere even remotely nearby to actually 'go dirt'. If I got one it would have to be road legal so I could ride to dirt roads, which im not keen on.

retard

>There is nowhere even remotely nearby to actually 'go dirt'. If I got one it would have to be road legal so I could ride to dirt roads, which im not keen on.
get a supermoto then. Theyre fun to just dick around on the streets with.

theyre a lot closer to riding around on a bicycle with an engine the way you sit on the and ride them. theyre great fun and a good change away from supersports.

expensive though....

Out of those I'd go for the ZX10R but why are you limiting yourself to Kawasaki?

I dont consider myself a brand whore, but it seems that kawasaki make the only bikes that are interesting to me*.

*that I can afford used, I would have a brand new R1 but I cant afford it

Does rust/corrosion actually affect the engine on the bike or is it just a bit unsightly?

I would go with a ZZR rather than ZX, far better bike.

>tfw absolutely no friends to go on a ride with

Engines aren't generally made out of metals that rust, so no.

I already have a zzr1200 ;) good choice tho.
Scratch that, i'd have a new R6

feels bad man.

what i did was convince my friends to also get bikes. and ask around if people ride. youd be surprised how many people ride dirt bikes at a farm somewhere every now and then

I've been commuting 212 miles roundtrip on a 750cc standard baiku and it's been based. Can't wait to do it again.

Sorry but that's a terrible taste in bikes. I understand the Kawasaki for $$$ but beyond that..

guys, I fucked up.

>work at a petrol station
>want to go on a long trip
>take a fuel can and fill it up just to be safe
>carrying it in backpack
>they don't authorise pump
>tell me its unsafe
>ok fair enough them
>come back with my top box to carry it then
>nope they still say its unsafe, something about crumple zones and if it crashes I will cause an explosion
>fine I will go somewhere else
>fill it up no problem
>next time at work I get a disciplinary for doing this
>even though I wasn't even on duty and there's nothing wrong with carrying a petrol can inside hard luggage on a motorcycle

This is my collection.
Sold the honda 250. The funny faced one is a zzr1200 I got run over on.
Zxr750's have always been on my list
Zx10r would be a big brother to my zx6r
Zx12r would just be nice to have

>work at a petrol station
well there was your first mistake

Tell them to go fuck themselves
One of my cars has auto headlights. I once had a paki at a servo station say they had to be off as the bulbs "might cause an explosion"

What a dumb cunt. I run my head lights all the time, I'm not turning them off for some stupid cock.

Then he just turns off the pump.

Then I'll turn off his life

shout out to the engineer at the pumps today, who let me jump in just before he closed them for maintenance. top lad and a half

>go to jail because you didn't want to turn your headlights off

worth it

I really really like the ktm aesthetic
How do I fix this

fucking hate when pump monkeys try and stop you doing normal shit in case of "an explosion". Last time it happened I nearly put my cigarette out on his face.

kys

>talking to a paki

There was your first mistake

>smoking a cigarette

There was your first mistake

1. Buy a Super Duke
2. Crash it
3. ????
4. Profit

>high compression
10to1 or less

wewladtbhfamalam

Earth to Brint. I was making a joke.

I just purchased a little electric bike like this. And was contemplating on which locks to get for it.

Do you thing a U-lock like the Abus Granit Power 58 will work okay with this type of frame?

I would go with the 12R personally. Having ridden them they are nice for a bit larger bike. Think of it as a smaller sportier busa killer. They have a bit of a following. Finding one stock in such good shape is very tempting. The 7R is also not a bad bike but is relatively underpowered and overweight...even so I have seen quite a few that were sexy oldschool. But then you are riding it for old school points not power. They do handle well though. The 10R is also a good bike but honestly if it was between the 10R and the 12R...I would go 12R. Now if you feel it weighs too much then go 10R. The 2nd gen 10R is known for having shit brakes and a tamer power delivery than the 1st gen 10R even though it makes a few more ponies (but weighs a little more). Honestly any of these bikes look good to me...but c'mon get the 12R. It's a good looking bike that makes fat torque and lots of power. get it get it get it get it

he should start with the 690 duke bro

you are high nigga