What do you guys think of the new Toyota hybrid concept

what do you guys think of the new Toyota hybrid concept

I personally love it, finally a hybrid that looks good or at least decent and a decent design from Toyota in general. I really do hope they go through with this shit

I love how its looks as well, aside from the wheels and lack of hardtop

Honestly I could care less about it having a proper top, im just glad we might have another hopefully affordable sports car on the market

If I ever get the chance i might get this over an nd miata gt86 or fiata just because i like its style

I'm really interested in this thing for pizza delivery. I was originally going to get a c5 vette or something to deliver in for fun that also got good mpgs all-round. A hybrid 4cyl is the best thing for delivery, it has a fucking targa top, and overall it should be really lightweight so mpgs in city should be crazy good. I just hope toyota doesn't blow it and create another overpriced crz-like car. 180hp / 2500lbs / 40mpg city would be some shit

I think the interior is half fucking retarded especially the big retarded row of transmission buttons on the console, but that fake manual shifter idea is pretty cool for bringing some feels back over paddle shifters if it must be automatic.

Not big on the looks but it at least doesn't look like other current toyotas.

Wtf? This is my first time seeing this and it's literally just a BRZ without a roof and retarded looking headlights. The lines are literally the same, are they just recycling excess body panels?

Ill take them recycling ok designs rather than using the shit designs like image related

It's a modified 86.

the head lights remind me of this ;_;

toyota has had shit design these past couple decades

It looks a lot like a last gen Celica and I like that.

>H pattern automatic
but why

It sucks, the GT86 is way better
The GT86 is one of the best looking car ever created

>

I don't really understand the H pattern auto thing
Is it an automatic where you can change gears yourself?

finally a proper rwd celica, this is what the last gen celica and 2nd gen tc should've been

I think it has a dual thing where you can have it auto one time and have it manual another, just without a clutch, which in all honesty is fine if you cant have any manual models

it looks like the top secret supra

I think the concept behind it is basically sports-automatic sort of thing with a doube clutch.

Honestly in theory it might work better than flappy paddles.
>.2 seconds to flap a paddle
>.4 seconds for dubble clutch to change gears
>.5 seconds for normal gear shift

Like, it'll work exactly the same, but with that slightly longer time moving gears would in theory make the transmission lag disappear. I think it'd be more of a psychological thing than anything else.

Also I'm pullin those numbers out of my ass, it's just an example to show my workings.

>I could care less
Cringe

I always wanted to be able to launch sidewinder missiles from my shifter, so I like it.

but what happens if the gearstick is in 4th and you put it into auto mode, the car changes to 6th and then go back to using the stick? What gear are you in?

Assuming no
>shift denied
It could be a little bit better at going from fourth to second than using paddle shifters.
Ideally, it'll downshift back to fourth.

gears are only a construct in electric cars.

im unsure about the wheels but i like them because they are based of the ts050

probably on purpose

Love it. I wish they'd do a new MR2 in a similar style just with, yaknow, MR. More and more that's feeling like a pipe dream so this wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. I'd want it in matte black because I can't even picture what this would look like in a gloss.

>those lights

This concept will never be production. Toyota is using this car to showcase the unique transmission. They will use it in a new MR2. Screencap this.

It's meant to look like an old-school mr2

See above. We will see a new MR2 from Toyota in the next year or so.

better image

It looks nice, its nice to finally have a hybrid vehicle that doesn't look like a complete cuck wagon, in case were all forced tor drive them someday.
It wont be cheap tho, its basically just a modded GT86, and they are going to have to make it heavier, which could ruin the handling and feed of the car.

weaponized autism in its coolest form

like the headlights and targa
hecking retarded transmission though

I need this poster in my life

the slanted front with flared arches gives me a slight new Stratos vibe

of course not as beautiful but I do like it

I desperately hope so. Love my ZZW30 and if a new MR2 were good value for money I'd buy it.

Absolutely autistic. I would tolerate it if it didn't look like an 86 clone and was MR, but sadly, that won't happen.

Why did Toyota not make it MR? This platform is supposed to be for racing, and in the hands of an experienced driver, MR > FR. People would eat this shit up, me included, if it was MR.

Please Toyota. Just give us a fucking W40 MR2

I dunno its better than the shit designs we had with toyota. Id rather them reuse the 86s ok design than make a new one using the same shit styling from their lineup.

Also im hoping its a celica because i want the celica back as a rwd car

When the fuck is this releasing?

I'm buying an 86 at the end of the year and don't want to regret my purchase.

give it a clutch pedal for the manual mode and then I'd be interested, no clue how it'd work though

It's an 86 with Down's.

It would just work like a manual just no clutch, just shift into gear anytime

No man I mean give it a clutch pedal that activates when in manual mode and you can't shift without the clutch when you're in manual mode

Why can't they just make the fucking S-FR?
Or an MR2, either way.

I like the headlights, I just think the grille needs some work, it kind of messes up the front end

>

I'm getting a Tc with a bodykit vibe from it.

a gt86 hybrid eh
not really new toyota but fine

Just a random curiosity question.
If they made a hybrid MR2 using electric motors for the front 2 wheels, would you by it?

It looks like the last gen celica and im really hoping its a revival of the celica

Hey its first decent looking hybrid ive seen at all so ill take it

I hope so...

I assume you mean it was AWD with an engine to the rear wheels, and electric to the front. If so, I'd be all over that, as an all-trac option (222D revival bonus points). The base model should be RWD though.

This isn't an EV, its a hybrid and they have gearboxes. In the pic is a Porsche 918, the PDK is the gearbox.

My first thoughts exactly, with some nice paint and wheels instead of that shit tier matte paint and backpage aftermarket 4x4 alloys It would look great

It wont need a clutch pedal if it's a hybrid, the engine and the drivetrain (usually a separated electric one) wouldn't be engaged by default so there's no need to the driver to disengage the transmission to change gears.

Murcielago in the front, gt86 in the back

And when it comes out every detail will be smoothed out to nothingness, targa top will not exist, it's fwd and doesn't come in black

That 86 with a bodykit will be shit. If it's mass produced they'll get rid of the huge grill and hood vents for fuel efficiency. It probably has a 1.6l engine so it doesn't need the cooling anyway. Starting msrp 32k.