/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

"but it's just realistic to think that it can't continue on one platform forever" edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Extended footage: mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31388446
↳Blurry demo footage: u.nya.is/fzyrht.mp4 | mega.nz/#!XtAyQabZ!cpb1tCm8embSW0EwwSAZ9M05AuFJCl9k0JhPIq5J1Uo

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

decided to look it up and apparently you can replace the nub with a psp one
anyone here done this? is it much better?

No you don't understand that's different so it's bad.

You won't really be playing MH.

>early 2018
It hurts

I was expecting later than that

it's becoming common for teasers to appear fucking 2 years before, especially for big games

How do I make a cute Zinogre girl smile like that?

>allied damage numbers are displayed in MHW
>it will be a piece of cake to blacklist shitters who don't pull their weight

Remember to be cautious of astroturfing!

Gen room is still up for anyone who wants to play. Down for anything

P-please don't kick me I just like using Gunlance, it's not my fault it sucks

Add her to MHW

Surely capcom will stop being retarded and give gunlance the buffs it deserves at last!

There's a new MH game every year. The teaser was late due to the platform change. They can't afford to talk about a bigger MH game on a competing platform when there are still MH games coming out on Nintendo.

Except for MH3. That one is okay to talk about before MHP2G came out because it's a big win for Nintendo and therefore has to be announced as soon as possible

If MHW is actually catering to westerners I expect the gunlance to become Greatsword tier

>wifebeater is not a shi-

>players can leave and switch weapons
>can use this to harass players who pick shit weapons

Paying off popular Youtubers is one of the common astroturfing strategies.

>he says while delusion-ally shilling for switch
yes, this game will be on par with skyrim and mario for sure

>Play Hunting Horn
>Won't get kicked even if I do fuck all damage

I mean its running on MT Framework so most likely yes, the only MH that is not able to run on any current gen system is MHO

MHWG will be on Switch too. Called it first.

>You could have been paid to make posts on Twitter if you had simply recorded your hunts and blathered over them
>But instead you cared about playing the game

Fuck.

MHO update on the 27th will have:

>lava tigrex
>black gravios
>uragaan
>gold rathian
>nargacuga
>berukyurosu
>abiorugu
>forest and hills
>bushido style
>weapon tree branching
>new skills

If you want to get on this money train, try to figure out which new game will become the next big new meme and start making tutorial content for it.

Once you have an audience, you can branch off from there.

>the engine is all that matters

3DS can run MT Framework also

>implying nintenkiddies care if they have to play with reduced shadows and resolution

>tfw no Monster Girl Hunter game

and it won't
>fix the shit animations
>fix the lack of weight to the character
>remove the retarded weapon "customization"

>adding styles

>tfw projared said flexing was stupid

It sadly wont fix MHW being shit either

Fuck off shill. MHO makes MHW look pathetic.

monster girls are all shit outside of SOME art

it's fetishism for retards

Perfect example of astroturfing.

Get a popular social media figure to say "y wasnt good anyways" and "I dont even care for [oldproduct] anymore" to bring more attention to your new product.

They've been shillified. Remember when he asked reggie about mhxx switch version? That was genuine. All this world shilling looks absolutely fake.

Flexing is stupid.

It's about as stupid as caring about a minor healing change for a game in a series that's always been a casual coop series that anyone with half a brain can play and be good at.

It is though. I know the mechanic is intended to make using items risky and need good timing, but it's still fucking stupid and one of the really off-putting things to series newbies.

MHO ironically feels like a chinese knockoff of Monster Hunter, only instead of stealing the IP design, they managed to get it
>shill
>the same complaints that were common until the whiny autists needed a counter argument
heh, bet you're promoting frontier too

They are adding bushido style

>ghillie suits are only possible with power of the PS4 ™

If healing takes time then the flex removal isnt so bad, i just hope the monster ai is really good

Fuck off shill

shill shill shill shill shill

I'm so excited for Monster Hunter World!

>So asking why it's not on switch the answer is "Our concept was we wanted a high end tech experience to pull off crazy stuff".
NOOOOOOOO!!!! SWITCH ALREADY POWERFUL LOOK AT MHXX AND SKYRIM! WHAT DID THEY MEAN BY THIS BROS!!!!????

>Anyone who disagrees with me is a shill!!1!
Fuck off, retard.

I'm sorry, you've misinterpreted my >

adding styles is just as much of a mistake as the retarded moveset customization they have now

Are you guys happy?

Try to be more subtle next time, your shilling is doing nothing but damaging the reputation of the game.

no

implementing stealth properly may very well be
>more sonyposting
nintenyearolds have mental disorders, it's not a ps4 game you tribal little autists

Post changes you actually want them to make.
>ability to have armors that you aren't actually wearing show up on your model, like glamours

this desu

Yes, super hyped for MHW!!

>nintendo autists have adopted the call anyone else a shill tactic after their sonyposting had no effect
lel. Do you guys actually believe everyone is a shill or are you actually insane?

Yes. I'm a Sony fan after all.

Was it also not possible on WiiU, MHF and MHO?

I guess PS4™ really is the best console of all time.... Whoa.. Soo this is the power of the cell...

#4THAPLAYERS
#GR8NESS AW8S
#WOKE
#BLACKLIVESMATTER
#YASQUEENSLAY

bad idea for the same reason transmogging is a bad idea

The shitposting in this thread is starting to become unbearable

Remember when /mhg/ said they'll follow MH to whatever platform it goes? They're mainly referring to the Switch and use a general and broad situation to appear unbiased, but did you remember?

I'm pretty sure most people here will play it on PC.
Maybe not happily, but they'll play it.

No real need to follow it to the PS4.

noooooooooooooo

Transmogging was a great idea.

Don't worry, it will stop in a few weeks for a while, then it will pick back up when MHW is about to release.

I will, since its on PC but not happy I have no one to play it with now.

Everyone gets something
How could I not be happy

This, pirating on PC. I pirated gen and XX too so not because of platform wars or other similar shit.

mhf and mho aren't made by the main team and are pretty clearly not in the image of the main games, they also adopt most of their features from the main games
>was it not possible on WiiU
except they did expand on realism on the wii. Wiiu was just an expansion, those don't add fundamentally different mechanics

on wii the focus was obviously water and lighting, two things they seemingly abandoned. This isn't to say they still didn't want to implement stealth, but that may have taken a backseat. It seems world is changing much more than tri did

>more sonyposting
so you do have a mental disorder

I wonder what it is

Same, pirating 5 times so that's 5 sales lost.

>Why did you pick Gunlance? Are you throwing?
>We lost guys, gg, report him

The PC community will have a field day with MHW.

I picked Gunlance to stop you from carving

theres a kick function and i intend to use it against anyone not using good weapons

>Frontier creates styles
>Steadily realizes that balancing and coordinating multiple movesets for each weapon is far more work than is needed or wanted
>Make a single new style that is good for all weapons instead to bring it back without simply scrapping the system

So that means at this rate we have around 5 years until styles fade out.

So why did people bitch about transmog again?

>ghillie suit only possible on da PS4™

Hol up senpai, finna be buying dis ps4 fo sho!

nah, detracts from the feeling of getting powers from the thing you're wearing

i mentally prepared myself to buy a ps4 and pay for the jewish online. thank fucking god it's on pc

Who gives a shit, it's better than running around with a clownsuit.

they're dumb

>wanting unnecessary restrictive actions for additional "difficulty"
We have a word for that. Artificial difficulty.

Cringe.
Fuck off /v/

1. clownsuits are self imposed and don't get rid of the point I made
2. the prevalence of clownsuits is a balance issue and has only gotten more prevalent as the series has gone on

>who gives a shit
me and hopefully the devs, which I'm guessing agree

clownsuits are a lazy fix and shift focus away even more than before on balancing sets

the only new feature I liked from 4th gen was the addition of deviant set bonuses

No! You're shitting on flexing! You're a shill! SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL!

>cringeposting
>>>/reddit/

except that's exactly what it is

if you can create the same amount of difficulty through balance or monster aggressiveness or something, it's strictly better and less lazy

what if they doubled or tripled the amount of time it took you to flex? it's by definition artificial

Why do I have to use a potion manually to heal?
Why does running use stamina?
Artificial difficulty

Because those things are the same. Yes.

>implying those are unnecessary restrictions
Reading comprehension

the astroturfing is real right now

"Artificial difficulty" doesn't exist in under any objective conception and anyone using the term unironically is absolutely retarded.
Your idea of what is ok and isn't on a video game doesn't constitute "artificial difficulty". You can't draw an arbitrary line on things as necessary and unnecesary and use some bullshit made-up term to claim something on objective terms. By your retarded logic, anything restricting the player in any fashion is "artificial difficulty", including gravity and recovery animations of any kind.

>I learned a new word
that's nice dear

Yes, i get paid 100$ each time i post on Veeky Forums to influence 29 other potential buyers

>MHW is Capcoms attempt to turn Monster Hunter into "a game as a service" platform in the west

>Gets called out
>Immediate damage control
Lmao

Because that's absolutely unreasonable in this case. How is making a character stand around for NO REASON constitute to a fair and good game design?

yeah everyone who disagrees with you works for capcom

>a delayed animation that locks the character in place to make up for the shitty monster AI and hardware limitations isn't artificial difficulty
Sure thing pal

Its the literal concept of artificial difficulty

Its there just for no reason but mh apologist call it >humor

No dude i'm serious, Capcom is paying me, you're right, you said it yourself that Capcom is paying me to publicize this shitty game that wouldn't get bought in any other circumstance!

Thanks for coming out with the truth bro