/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

vgturtle127.github.io/
youtube.com/watch?v=me7PPwgv0Hs
github.com/citra-emu/citra/projects/1
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6hzyjp/pictochatting_in_melonds/dj2onvz/
youtube.com/watch?v=HeQIJ6bvb58
github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit
youtube.com/watch?v=F7No6570CcY
tcrf.net/Pikmin/Windows_Executable
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>find my old GBA SP (AGS-001) lying around
>turn off all the lights and boot it up
>can't see fucking shit

How did people live like this? I remember playing the shit out of my OG GBA, and now it doesn't make any fucking sense to me.

People paid $$$ for Atari 2600 games once...

>person I know has a shitty PS1 emulation setup going
>zPSXe + disc mounting
>Doesn't really wanna change and surprisingly doesn't work half bad
>Slightly alter his mounting setup so it's at-least faster and seamless as well as replace DTlitev10 by something else
>still put PCSXR-PGXP in a corner whenever he wants to fuck around and mednafen in another when the game doesn't really work well in the other two
>start playing random game from his collection
>whenever he mounts a multitrack game WMP pops up and starts playing the audio
>even autodetects the name of tracks/album correctly most of the time
>having fun playing some random shit for a while
>suddenly get to Devil Dice
>multitrack game so WMP pops up after I mount the thing
>Album autodected as "sounds of babies crying" by "DJ coat hanger abortion"
>most of the track name are even edgier
>music is actually pretty chill
>flip his shit beleiving he got virused
>everything is well
>Devil Dice is just detected as weird shit by WMP
Shitty setups are an endless source of fun.

DS emulation with a mouse is great, I could play this all day. Here's hoping Medusa ends up supporting high res without needing a high end PC, Desmume's kicking my ass.

Redbook audio doesn't have metadata, does it? It's just WMP trying to match it, right?

Yeah just WMP trying to match it but it's surprisingly good at doing it with a few exceptions., even works with other CD console apparently. (tried Air Combat, Tobal, Bastugun, Panzer Dragoon, DOOM and they all got properly detected, even Xi sai the JP version of Devil Dice is detected correctly)

bump

bump

This thread is too slow for Veeky Forums.
Why can't we move to /vr/?

>This thread is too slow for Veeky Forums
And you're not helping

Doesn't bumping the thread from page 10 count as helping?

Doesn't if you're not bringing some topic up to be discussed (anything but drama, please)

>Memedusa

melonDS could be much faster... but the dev keep working on the wifi

This isn't turtle

I'm playing Star Ocean first departure, and the screen seems to shake as I move. Any Idea how to fix that?

Run it at native res

It is vgturtle127.github.io/

I saw the last thread hit the bottom of page 10 and just watched it die. >:D

You say that like it's a bad thing. melonDS is going to be the first emulator with DS-to-DS WiFi emulation. DeSmuME's shitty old WiFi implementation only supported online play.

You can in the wiiu usb helper I think.
>right click downloaded game
>Select Play
>It decrypts it
I think
It at least makes it runnable in Citra which I think needs decrypted ones.

Not a bad thing, by any means. But this is the kind of stuff you expect to see later, when the emulator is far more robust in other areas.

Holy shit, the latest melonds commit actually makes it work.

Behold, the first emulated download play.

Downloading from yourself in this test, right?

Compatibility with actual game multiplayer is hit and miss. I could play a round against myself in Goldeneye, but can't even start a match in MKDS.

Which flashcard is good for gba sp?

PCSX-R wont let me save my LilyPad configuration, any ideas where it keeps its config files?

sorry for my tenuous knowledge on this, but didnt desume have networking support?

What could desume not do in terms of networking that melonds is? I'm not trying to down play anything, I just really dont know

DeSmuME only supported online play. DS-to-DS never worked.

Are you StapleButter? Can I use these videos on my channel for comparisons?

No and no. Make your own.

ah okay, why is this super important though?

for accuracy sake I get it, but does it matter just for a better experience to just playing generally with other people?

I'll anyway, thx bitch

I can tell you've no clue about how the DS online works for making such question

I dont, I even said I didnt initially

Didn't help.

Asking here because I don't really know where else to go. Is there any patch, fix, or Gecko code for the damage range glitch in Xenoblade Chronicles? Google is turning up nothing.

Play around with hardware transform and vertex cache

Screens degrade over time. My gameboy pocket screen beginning to go, shitsux.

I wonder how long endrift and staplebutt will be able to put up with people like this when their emulators start to become better than DeSmuME.

Ban/be an ass to them, it's simple, I do this all the time I get stupid questions

what effect does ignoring them have? Or explaining them that efficient googling is a skill?

How the fuck is it that we don't have a half-decent 3DS emu yet? The damn thing has been out for 6 years. All I want to do is play the SMT games and Pokemon Sun/Moon.

>The damn thing has been out for 6 years
Why are you here if you've no how about emulation?

You need the right people to be motivated enough to work on something like that. Sadly, we only got nobrain & co.

>What is Google?
or even
>I don't know what to search for
You know that when someone ask something in the level of "What is an OS", the hope is gone

I was gonna ask about what to do to get Sky Crawlers to run properly on Dolphin. But it seems the Ishiiruka Dolphin finally has it running properly except for some odd slowdowns in battle. But compared to dropping to half speed and fucked up sound whenever looking at the ground it's brilliant.

So, thanks for the link to that wiki.

Too bad the english version of the game seems to have disappeared.

>what is Google?
that shits comical.

It really is confusing how people can setup an email account to sign up for a forum to ask a question on emulation,and then give up when the answer isnt right in their face.

Is Mario and Luigi Paper Jam worth downloading to see if it works?

>worth downloading
Eh, it's alright, but the previous game was better.

I'm currently playing through Dream Team and it's fun (and runs pretty well)

It's common that games using the same engine (that is the case for lot's of Nintendo games, because Nintendo = lazy as fuck), run with the same performance/problems. So this is a good reference for testing Citra

youtube.com/watch?v=me7PPwgv0Hs
Literally nothing, good job patreons

Is anybody working on auto-decryption of content for citra?

Yes github.com/citra-emu/citra/projects/1

>donating money to an emulator
You may as well just buy the damn console

I agree. It'll be so funny if exzap just disappear with the money at a random point in time...

Not working for me. It generates a game.cxi but citra can't play it

What game are you trying to run? It makes game.cxi for me and runs fine so it probably depends on the game

Monster Hunter Generations. I don't actually expect it to run but it doesn't boot at all, citra says it can't load it.
I'll try something else

Nevermind, crashmo works. I just thought MH would at least boot to a black screen or something

Bumpan.

Hello. Using Visual Boy Advance to play Pokémon Yellow but having an issue. Holding down space causes the game speed to increase to 5000% which is way too fast. I've had a look around the options but I've only found a way to change the base games speed or to make the space bar a toggle. Is there anyway I can change the speed of the space bar to say 200% instead of 5000%

>VBA

Is there a better one? I have no idea for Gameboy emulators?

mGBA

>mGBA
The correct answer is bgb.

Go into the options, joypad tab, and configure the controls. Then check 'configure extra buttons' and set the fast forward to whatever you want. Press skip for ones you don't care about changing. Then go into the misc tab and set 'Undelayed speed' to the multiplier you want fast forward to run at(defaults to 10x).

So there isn't a way to change the boost speed? Changing Throttle only changes the default speed

bump

This shit needs to work with Retroarch Lobby. Could play DS games online again.

Pokemon emulates fine if you have the specs. I play at 1080p with little to no dropped frames.

And the resolution is relevant because?

Because you're a fucking nigger, that's why.

Funny

You can already play DS games online using alternate WFC servers and a hacked up DeSmuME.

Yeah but's a pain in the ass and no one's online.

It also only works with wifi games and not local MP titles like this does.

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6hzyjp/pictochatting_in_melonds/dj2onvz/

can you even play this thing anymore on PC?

I remember using motionjoy years ago but after fiddling with it all morning & afternoon I'm just going to buy a logitech instead at the rate it's going lads

I just wanted to play Street Fighter 3rd III with a buddy

youtube.com/watch?v=HeQIJ6bvb58

The King has Returned to Claim his Throne.

github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit

>The King
They released to the public already?

By implementing something that 1964 did a decade ago?

Isn't 1964 dead?

>By implementing something that 1964 did a decade ago?
I know right..

>Isn't 1964 dead?
N64 emulation is pretty much dead. Very slow progress.

That's turtle. The other picture is yuriks.

Both look the same to me

What is the best emulator for Dreamcast today?

Demul

Is Redream coming along fine or it's too soon to see it as an alternative?

Way too soon. Even reicast is currently the better choice. Give it a few years

youtube.com/watch?v=F7No6570CcY

too soon, but development is coming along quickk

Thx anons

>Pokemon emulates fine if you have the specs.
What sort of specs are we talking here? The 3DS isn't exactly a powerful machine, I don't see how emulating it could be taxing on any sort of computer made in the past 5 years.

Most emulator devs don't default to a natural zeromus-style self sabotage state when enough stupid "tech support" questions come. Weird, I know.

Emulating things isn't as easy as dumping a game and adding .exe to the end of it. It takes a lot of fine tuning to get it to run right.

Saturn isn't a powerful machine either, but this don't stop precise emulation of the system being a performance whore. 3.5 GHz for Omega Red/Alpha Sapphire is enough for 100% speed on most cases, Sun/Moon has real problems with more geometry being rendered at the same time, so I would not care for "good specs" so soon.

>implying
tcrf.net/Pikmin/Windows_Executable