Teslaniggers will defend this

>teslaniggers will defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aATh0-TUMaI
fortune.com/2017/10/09/teslas-elon-musk-reveals-the-next-big-automotive-trend-gasoline/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>American build """"""""""quality""""""""""

clearly not a brake pedal but yeah making the gas pedal completely out of plastic is dumb. Im sure lots of manufacturers do it now though

Coz it's a self driving car, get it?

>Im sure lots of manufacturers do it now though
I doubt they do it on cars that cost as much, but I may be wrong.

Not out of brittle as fuck plastic like Tesla

it only makes sense on a tesla its a car thats not supposed to be driven in the first place....

Look how fucking thin that is. Christ. I've seen plastic clamshell packaging that looks more robust.

I know they should at least put a couple more mm of thickness.

Have '05 Ford Focus and gas pedal is completely made of plastic.

VW and BMW are kings of brittle plastics.

>tesla
>'gas' pedal

my car from 2000 has a plastic pedal and it has never broken before

or completely filled it, or at the very least put in latticing or filled it with resin

W
ASD

my hoondai has a steel clutch and brake, the gas is plastic but its a floor pedal not a dash pedal so youre not going to break it

cool story.

bro.

Why not make is out of fucking steel? Christ it's only the most important of the two pedals and the only way the driver can interact with the brakes. Might be worth the extra buck.

they would have been better off concentrating its bulk
wtf were they trying to do save weight in a 4000 lb car ?
this kind of shit makes Samsung look good

That shit in violation of Federal Law

SHORT TESLA

Aston Martin does. Probably everyone else too.

YES, YES SHORT TESLA MY GOOD GOYS

ELON WILL FAIL, YOU WILL ALL BE RICH, SHORT SHORT SHORT

GO POST ON SEEKINGALPHA HOW TESLA WILL GO BANKRUPT IN EIGHT MONTHS, OHOHOHOHHHO

it was installed incorrectly, stress was being put where it shouldn't have been. not a design or material issue. A QC issue

>design
it needs a bump stop
>material
the material is an issue because of how shit the design is
>QC
yet again the shit design with poor factor of safety and fail deadly flaws requires a high degree of quality control and binning

how ever despite all this
that dude should be more careful, not everything should be immune to clumsy people

It's designed to bread under a collision so your leg doesn't break all modern brake pedals are designed to do this. Kia borego had a recall replacing the brake pedal because the brake pedal wouldn't break during impact.

XD I literally keep a TSLA seekingalpha tab up all day at work because the TSLA bears sustain me. Their constant misery is one of the only joys I have left in life.

I actually like this setup alot.
Good for heel and toe and since the gas pedal is the one being press for the longest time, floor pedal makes it more confortable.

Porsche and Bentley use plastic brake pedals
Good plastics tho

Looked like an electric razor from the thumbnail.

Coincidence?

fight club ?

Hyundai seems to actually give a shit unlike Tesla.

nvm I have misremembered
youtube.com/watch?v=aATh0-TUMaI

>tesla brake pedal.jpg
more like tesla break pedal.jpg lmao

heh.

fortune.com/2017/10/09/teslas-elon-musk-reveals-the-next-big-automotive-trend-gasoline/

>What am I missing here? A 31mpg regular car?

the model S is nearly 5,000 lb

wtf... no wonder they sell it as luxury
how much of that weight is battery ?
I'm guessing over half
>tfw energy density

It's musk's fault trying to make a car which 80% of production cost is on the battery

It explains why its handling is SHITTY

at least its low down
but its like twellsa forgot about all about newtons first and second law of motion

Why can't some people accept that some people buy cars for reasons other than driving around curves at dangerously high speeds. I don't know why suddenly every car must be a super car in handling and performance or it's not good. Plenty of cars are great for what they are and that isn't a racing car.

hence the "luxury" part
its much like the dodge challenger rt 426
or any other of the old high end land barges
yet all the 0 to 60 times bring out the lol super car bs

the tesla roadster is heavy too and has many of the same problems in addition to being impractical
but the handling advantage in electric cars is the gear reduction making the power output super smooth

weight also has its own effects
more static load on the tires has them griping earlier
but also reaching their limit sooner

also mass damping means the car responds less to the bumps in the road (newtons first law)
in theory more comfy

>hit pothole
>pedal breaks

I-its a safety feature

>all these butthurt GM shills
musk is just going to finish what the Germans and Japanese started and kill legacy american auto that lives off of king nigger's bailouts

>A South African Leaf
>American