/gtag/ - Grand Theft Auto General

>Remembering the old days edition

Last thread
>Crews for GTA:O
Join a crew by posting your SC name and crew you want to join in the thread then clicking the link below and requesting an invite. Make sure your profile visibility is set to public. Do not kill/grief fellow crew members.
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/pc_gtag (PC only)
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/gtag_vg_-_ps4 (PS4 only)
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/meat_for_the_grinder (Xbone ft. 100% crew black)
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/flibinjibervans (Alternative meme color crew)
Other crews: pastebin.com/GtsCr3VL (embed) (embed) (embed)
>Steam Group - No heterosexuals allowed
steamcommunity.com/groups/gtagonlinevg
>PS4 Community - GTAG VG Community (No heterosexuals allowed here either)
To join the community, search the community name in "Discover Communities" and leave a request.

>Older threads
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/gtag/type/op/

>Helpful information for new players
pastebin.com/wmwvpEmr

>Regularly updated vehicle stat spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g2Qy84YUrYu_YCcdjMhzDGuNMzwNtjVjIJzdRmrHu6Y/edit#gid=1868604557

>Graphics settings guides for GTA V
gamersnexus.net/game-bench/1909-gta-v-graphics-optimization-guide
geforce.com/whats-new/guides/grand-theft-auto-v-pc-graphics-and-performance-guide

>Patch notes for 1.39
support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005467908--UPDATED-April-18-2017-GTAV-Title-Update-1-39-PS4-Xbox-One-PC-

>Latest added content
rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60212/GTA-Online-Bonuses-Double-GTA-RP-Opportunities-Limited-Time-Discounts
socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/60222/GTA-Online-Gunrunning-Underground-Bunkers-Mobile-Operations-Centers-an
socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/60224/Watch

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.co.uk/2017/06/18/take-two-shuts-down-paid-gta-online-cheating-tool-forces-creators-to-donate-to-charity
youtube.com/watch?v=Zn39a8MQM0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1rd for Heists are fun

Why is Agent 14 so goddamn adorable?

2nd for tech support / potential glitch

So, I bought my APC and stored it inside of the Mobile Operations Center since that was one of the options when buying it. On a later session, when I went to the MOC trailer, there was literally nothing in there, and when I tried to call it through the mechanic the MOC didn't appear listed. I was still able to call the APC through the interaction menu but when I got another car from the mechanic it was basically gone. Is this because I upgraded the trailer from going to a single garage to the garage + weapon shop combo? Did I basically just fucking lose 3 million without warning because of that?

Jesus fucking christ, I sure as hell am glad that this piece of shit was only bought with hackerbux, otherwise I would be genuinely angry, although I presume that also has the downside of not being able to ask for a refund through a Ticket.

so are all the cheating online things shut down now?

Nth for shoutout to my warbro Higgus, we go way back.

post gun-glitches

No, it's mostly just the actual innocentsingleplayer modding tools, you can't actually shut down scrip kiddies who will just easily find ways around every security update they put out. T2 is a fucking dick.

>mfw finally saved up enough to fast track research SAM battery for APC

Nice how you removed the trip to reply to yourself

but wha t about menoo and stuff where everyone does money drops n shit?

>tfw it was my first research
Is it actually any good? I hear it just fires a shitload of dumbfire rockets and that sounds like it'd only be good for taking out slow armored targets like Rhinos and enemy APCs.

So I'm planning on getting the custom insurgent once that gets released.

Is getting the APC now even worth it?

how did you ever find out?

Can it really not lock on? Even if you hold right click to "aim" like how the AA-trailer works?

Hell yes. The APC takes just as many rockets to kill, is harder to be shot out of, has a tank turret instead of a machine gun, and has additional mounted guns for your friends. Plus it can swim.

It is dumbfire but the rocket capacity is like around 50 rockets. With that and the fact you can store it in your regular garage, you can spam explosions everywhere and be quite a effective PK shitter.

range? anti hydra?

So you trade the ability to fire one fast, well-placed shot for a salvo of slow, inaccurate shots. Seems like it wouldn't be too effective against aircraft but would be great against ground targets.

its the anti MOC weapon right?

Does it trade the regular canon for that? If I can have both then I guess that sounds like an alright upgrade.

Think the range is the same as the RPG. Haven't gotten the chance to shoot a Hydra yet.

>for a salvo of slow, inaccurate shots.

Can't beat having a storm of fire in a enemy's face.

so its like a savage?

pve

does researching do anything if you dont have a command center? I just completed my first project but nothing unlocked and it's researching the same thing again

Should I buy a bunker and MOC?

Any tips for the Tier 3 SMG challenge?

seems to be the only one i can't clear with ease

Yeah it replaces the cannon sadly

I wish the APC had a minigun that shoots depleted uranium shells like the savage.

not if you want to make money

it's probably not researching the same thing, the pictures are pretty non-descript. You can view what you have in the 'completed' tab

git gud
no seriously, it took me a fuckton of tries before I managed to pass it with just enough points, it's not worth it anyway because you just get some shitty clothes

Click for every shot. Aim fairly high up on the heads. Recoil doesn't matter, the dot will move but where you're shooting will not. Pray you don't get too many targets in the back where they're more difficult to headshot. Pray you don't get *blocks your path*d too many times

Are you using a controller?

nothing showing up in unlocked tab either

I already have everything else to make money if I wanted to, crates/cars/some biker businesses.

>Plus it can swim.
what

well if youre a cheatfag with millions fine

if you only have like 10mill your just going to be disappointed you cant buy anything and that the MOC and bunker dont really do anything new

youre better off just buying the new vehicles than the bunker and moc

Okay. I was kinda interested maybe upgrading weapons, but I only have 4 million.

youll have nothing left if you buy a bunker and MOC and won even be abl to afford the upgrades

nevermind the new cars

id say either wait 2 days and see which car gets released or buy the apc and opressor. the end

how many people ITT actually even remember what RR is?

any of you boys doin money shit on ps4

APC owner here. The SAM battery has a lot of range and can even outpace a Hydra, but it doesn't have a high enough degree of freedom to take one head-on. It's most effective when the Hydra has already passed, which is fine because you can call in another one after moving a few blocks away from it.

Good digits, good old gen memories.

Also,

about the reciprocal of how many people remember TT

check em'

I never did TT since I don't have the balls to hack desu.

So R* didn't actually patch the spawning of helis on copstations did they?
Guess it's time to goy again

no check THESE

l-lewd

>mfw my pic gets some thumbs up from randoms

(embed) (embed) (embed) lol

what was the name of the rival crew?
DOGZ?
i need some lulz.

Can anyone teach me how to start with GTA:O?? I know there are babbies crying about it now. But what the fuck should I do to establish myself?

Spend an hour making a tranny, join GTAG and get an immediate following of beta-orbiters that will rain hell on any non-crewmembers that so much as look at you.

use a menu and give yourself about 200-300m then go and buy/do shit that you want

>enter APC
>POOL FULL OF NIGGER AND YOU DIVING

>I know there are babbies crying about it now.
crying about what?

some things you can keep in mind:
-git gud
-make some money joining heists, get set up to do import export, fill the warehouse with the 39 max different cars, then only export the osiris and source it and export again, etc.
-after a while, buy a buzzard
-do whatever the fuck you feel like swimming in your own hard earned dosh

Don't think there's much more you need to do, if you want to go legit.

I think if i've ever hacked that i'd lose interest real fucking quick. But then again, I've never come closer to hacking a quick 100m now, than I have been ever, with this 'spensive warlord shit.

>first time I regret not buying a 'living quarters' or bullshit like that
>because right now i have to fly cross country to watch TV somewhere so i can alt-tab while my research keeps on running
fml

i think its the surveillance system upgrade that lets you afk without getting kicked

>crying about what?
the mod closing or some shit.

What property should I buy first?

I think im the only person who want a weaponize armored kuruma

I think you need an office for lots of lucrative business stuff.
Don't bother with buying a high end apartment unless you're really dead set on hosting heists (which you probably won't).

So best bet is the cheapest office; or the one you think it's worth paying a premium for.

I want a Duke of Death 2.0 with optional armaments.

I like that sound of that

Who wants to do a gta race?

At this point even a weaponized armored kuruma is only a minor threat.

I want a Benny's Kuruma.

Me

Ok so I need to have this vehicle warehouse thing properly explained.
I was under the impression the 12 standards 12 mids was the way to go, but then I got told that's wrong and it's 10 of each, and it's top ranges that are max 12, on top of not going over 80% storage.
Now this guy is saying they have to be 39 different ones, and to only export Osirises.

Right now I do have a couple repeated models (but not visually identical), like two X80s with different plates. I was on the way to getting rid of the extra two standards and mids, but this export cooldown is bullshit.

>log on for the first time in a long while
>in freemode
>destroy someones shipment delivery and kill him in the process
>other player: Oh.Ok.
>entire server gets killed
>chat log indicates that I did it
>freak out and leave server
>didn't have shadowplay on, wasn't recording, didn't take screen shots, don't really remember the modder's name
So what are the chances that I'll get banned? Is R* wise to these tactics, am I screwed, or will nothing happen? Keep in mind that I've taken millions of dollars from modders nearly years ago and probably have been reported for "modding" when I have never modded online before. I've never received anything close to even a warning form R* before.

you're completely fucked, enjoy your ban

You just keep accumulating cars, and you can sell off any doubles you might get.
Not sure wether the 39 is the actual right number. But once you get the max amount of different cars, you'll know.

Once you have that, when you sell 1 high end, the next vehicle you source is guaranteed to be that car again. So from then on you'll never have to sell off shit cars and souce them, since they're already in the warehouse. So max profit per sale.

Comprehensive guide:
>there are 10 unique standard range models, 10 unique mid range models and 12 unique top range models
>if you have a unique model, for example a Sultan RS, in your warehouse, you will not be asked to source a new one of this model
>UNLESS you have one of every model (all 32 unique models == 80% full == 10 mid, 10 standards, 12 tops)
>if you have all unique mid and standard ranges, you will then only be asked to source top ranges
>if you also have all top ranges, you will start getting duplicates, so you might get mid and standard ranges instead

TLDR: Have 10 mid and 10 standards in your warehouse, sell only top ranges. If you have 80% full warehouse, do not source a new vehicle.

Hope this helps.

>At this point even a weaponized armored kuruma is only a minor threat.

So can the new FMJ bullets kill you through the doors?

blacklisted for hackin

that's fine.
every server I logged on had modders in it. I spent more time switching servers and trying to find a server without modders then I did playing the game.

Why the osiris tho?

Why would I waste time with that when I have a flying bike that shoots missiles

Are there any glitches still alive for the final heist finale?
Last time I did it, it was all karumas and repeatable finales.

To add to this, there are two collections of only top range cars, one with Z-Type and Roosevelt Valor and one with X80, Osiris and T20, these two are worth doing if you have friends available, any other collection is not worth it.

Perhaps i should have mentioned something like the T20 too, but that's the only two I export.

Exporting a Z-type or a Mamba (I believe those 2 are also 'high end') is simply a bit shittier, and more prone to taking damage, than actually good handling cars.

You'll have to wait a while before you can export again anyway, so there's always plenty time to re-source that car.

You can still take a Kuruma into the Prison

Heli and Car + Time reset setups are still working for Pacific

I didn't expect you anyway to be not-autistic enough to answer a simple question

What's the time reset? Is that just blowing up the bikes to teleport the team over there?

Nah, you're thinking of the runner strat where one dude runs through all the checkpoints, blows up all the car, suicides, and everyone respawns on the Bikes

Time reset is having 3 guys hit both checkpoints of the bank entrance while one dude stays across the street without touching either checkpoint. Last guy shoots up some NPCs and alerts the Cops. On restart, you'll be across the street, and the Elite challenge is alive and well as it starts the timer back at 00:00. Comes in handy when cheesing Pacific and getting away in a car and Heli

ah sweet, how do i get cars to save where they are while we're in the bank? I've seen it done, but didnt see anything special about what they did.

Finally, where do you find your heli's? I've looked at all the usual spawns.

I've not played in a loooong time,
pls no flamerino ;_;

Ah ok ok, I get it.
I didn't know each range had a set number of unique models so I was doubtful about the 10 not being 12, but explained like this it makes sense now.
Thanks bbys.

2 shots, big boy

No idea if this works but I was reading up the other day.

If you go inside the truck there will still be some menu option to unload vehicle

Who are you quoting?

kotaku.co.uk/2017/06/18/take-two-shuts-down-paid-gta-online-cheating-tool-forces-creators-to-donate-to-charity

Feel free to watch this 19 minute video explaining everything
youtube.com/watch?v=Zn39a8MQM0w

If you don't have the time, though, it basically goes like this:
The most important thing is owning the 0604 Las Lagunas Boulevard apartment. This is a must have for the Helicopter setup and works just as well for the car setup
You're gonna want a 4 door car driven by an NPC. Don't kill him, just drag him out. You drive up to this garage, or any other except Eclipse and maybe Integrity Way. You exit your vehicle and enter your garage on foot. No car. You stay in there 2-3 seconds, walk back out, and the car is saved and should not disappear after escaping the Bank and killing the first couple of waves of cops. When the cops are dead, everyone gets in the 4 door vehicle you saved and drive towards the bikes. Blow up the bikes and get in the Helicopter

The Helicopter will always spawn on top of the Cop Station near Lester's warehouse. If you've done Prison Break before, it's the same station where you steal the Schedule from. One block east of the cop station is a set of stairs. Climb to the top, and that triggers a Heli spawn on top of the Station. Doesn't always spawn on the first try, but it will spawn eventually. Fly the Heli over to that important garage near the Bikes, do the same as you would with the car saving. Step in on foot, walk out, and the Heli is saved where you parked it. Go towards the banks and both the Car and Heli should be there

Why would I take such a stupid question seriously

you hero, thanks bro

You're welcome

If you'd ever like to see how it's done from first hand experience, feel free to join us up whenever we're replaying Pacific

you're not this new, right?

I don't know user, how about you?

Enjoy your limited rockets and wasted millions, lmao

yep, just use the thing on the left

You don't know?

I do know I'm not even remotely new. So you should probably go see a doctor if it's this hard to remember.